PDA

View Full Version : To All Those Who Didnt Buy 360 , Dont Be Sad Get Glad Becuase-

NeoTheOne
11-23-2005, 01:22 AM
http://forums.xbox.com/530545/ShowPost.aspx >>>>> Rember the issue with the thompson drives for Xb1 well Xb360 is having problems with Power supply , Drives , Hard drive and some weird Sound problems , <<<<< Read this and wait till the 3-4 Shipment of this shit >> http://forums.xbox.com/530545/ShowPost.aspx << Im going to just get this shit on My birthday since its 4-5 months from now and yea>>>

NeoTheOne
11-23-2005, 01:43 AM
http://g-unix.com/?p=98 << Another link that breifly describe the problems

abu_has_the_power
11-23-2005, 01:54 AM
lol

i'm buying the ps2 next year when the price drops to $50-$80

Guyver
11-23-2005, 03:28 AM
ps3 will own it:D, stupid Microsoft

ApacNTS
11-23-2005, 03:41 AM
my fave line "freaking great thanks MS sony is loving you" i cant help but smile after hearing all of this, i had the fear it would happen, glad i dont have to deal with this. after plopping $400 down, i'd be livid as hell.

NeoTheOne
11-23-2005, 04:31 AM
I went out to get it in teh morning but sold out everywhere so i was depressed and came home then i was on xbox.com and started to read this and i was like I LOVE YOU FATE lol so ill wait till december or march to get this

Formula1
11-23-2005, 04:49 AM
HEHE, another reason why ps4 will come on top. :)

PLAYSTATION FANBOY 4EVER :D

3RA1N1AC
11-23-2005, 05:11 AM
PLAYSTATION FANBOY 4EVER :D
eh SCREW SONY. their stuff's just as bug-ridden and prone to early breakdown as anybody else's.

also: "OMG SONY MUSIC CD INSTALLED A ROOT KIT ON MY PC AND GAVE VIRUSES A PLACE TO HIDE WTFFFFFFFF."

Rip The Jacker
11-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Damn... poor guys... judging by all this, it seems like half of the Xbox360's out right now are friggin faulty...

I feel sorry for everyone who worked so hard to get theirs... =/

Formula1
11-23-2005, 05:40 AM
one of the many reasons to not buy an expensive hardware at the opening of its release ;)

Streetz
11-23-2005, 05:46 AM
I think Ps3 will own because they will learn from Xbox 360's mistakes and try not to let the things that happened to Xbox 360 happen to the Ps3.

Formula1
11-23-2005, 05:58 AM
yeah, and all ps2 games will be compatible with it :D

Streetz
11-23-2005, 06:10 AM

what about Ps1 games. Will ps1 games be compatible with the Ps3?

Formula1
11-23-2005, 06:17 AM
yes, ps1 games will also be compatible..

cpt_azad
11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
what about Ps1 games. Will ps1 games be compatible with the Ps3?

why wouldn't they be?

SingaBoiy
11-23-2005, 09:02 AM
I think Ps3 will own because they will learn from Xbox 360's mistakes and try not to let the things that happened to Xbox 360 happen to the Ps3.
Every console will have a malfunction upon first release. :rolleyes:

oxygenuk
11-23-2005, 12:05 PM
all of u console fanboys suck

now stfu and get a decent pc and graphics card =)

matt526
11-23-2005, 02:40 PM

I agree!
Microsoft shipped 1.5 million 360's and so far only 96 people have reported problems at Xbox’s forum site and some of those reported problems are user errors. Thats less then 1%.
For a first shipment I don’t think that’s too bad.:dry:

Peerzy
11-23-2005, 04:47 PM
We all know that nothing is perfect but the rate of which these Xbox 360’s are failing well this is ridiculous. Microsoft would at least learn from the mistakes they made for the Xbox 1 and be carefull for 360, but it seems that the problems are much more then a simple DVD drive failure. Most people are getting error 79’s which is (what we have learned from our sources which may be wrong at times) hard drive failures. Best Buy in fact did get a letter from Microsoft on failure of hard drives, its a pity because my 6 gig hard drive from 1998 is still running perfectly fine, and the drives which Microsoft are using for 360 are in fact failing within 30 minutes to 12 hours of the Xbox’s(360) first run. Other problems which are occurring are faulty DVD drives and in rare causes (Again we have herd this case from our sources which may be wrong at times) faulty graphic cards which are not rendering the enviorment properly. The faulty DVD drives are causing the 360 loader to think that the games are in fact DVD movies and playing a short clip telling the user to put in a 360 game. At last the most occurring problem is that of the power supply and a strange mystery residue on the two power pins which are causing the Xbox to NOT get enough power and the Xbox ends up flashing red lights. This could be solved by wiping the residue off but in causes the power supply is at fault and even this “wiping” wont solve it. Now you may ask “So when should I buy my 360 if I haven’t already” The simple answer is buy it at Christmas or to be on the safe side buy it after Christmas, this gives the retailers time to sell of the old shipment and Microsoft to fix this mess.

Herd

1. A group of cattle or other domestic animals of a single kind kept together for a specific purpose.
2. A number of wild animals of one species that remain together as a group: a herd of elephants.
1. A large number of people; a crowd: a herd of stranded passengers.
2. The multitude of common people regarded as a mass: “It is the luxurious and dissipated who set the fashions which the herd so diligently follow” (Henry David Thoreau).

Heard

1. To perceive (sound) by the ear: Can you hear the signal?
2. To learn by hearing; be told by others: I heard she got married.
1. To listen to attentively: Hear what I have to tell you.
2. To listen to in an official, professional, or formal capacity: heard the last witness in the afternoon.
3. To listen to and consider favorably: Lord, hear my prayer!
4. To attend or participate in: hear Mass.

I didn't know your sources are a group of cattle :huh:

Streetz
11-23-2005, 05:28 PM
but why do we have to wait all of that time to get a xbox 360? i remember when gamecube came out i missed the first shipment and the second shipment came in 1 and a half weeks later.

Guyver
11-23-2005, 06:37 PM

I agree!
Microsoft shipped 1.5 million 360's and so far only 96 people have reported problems at Xbox’s forum site and some of those reported problems are user errors. Thats less then 1%.

ya im sure pc's will surpass the consoles,but consoles get better game, and i dont ahve the ccash to buy a 3000$ pc....

despikable
11-23-2005, 08:01 PM
yea and one thing i like about consoles is the controller id rather use them than keyboard and mouse but i think their both good plus consoles last for awhile. Though pcs have other good games that consoles dont have so i say get both lol.

Formula1
11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
yea and one thing i like about consoles is the controller id rather use them than keyboard and mouse but i think their both good plus consoles last for awhile. Though pcs have other good games that consoles dont have so i say get both lol.

controllers suck for fps...

NeoTheOne
11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Fixed herd to heard lol

NeoTheOne
11-23-2005, 09:15 PM

I agree!
Okay there are a bunch of other people that didnt post in the fourms and are just directly calling tech support , do u know how many people called tech support? if you dont you cant make an assumption to say that the 96 people are the only people , many people proboly dont have a computer , or dont know about the xbox forums, hey some of these people could be kids that are telling there parents that teh xbox isnt working and the parents dont know about forums and are calling tech support , you cannot make any assumptions without looking at the big picture. True the v/p of Microsoft did say that there pumping out 360's twently four hours a day seven days a week and becuase of this mass production things are bound to go wrong i dont blame them but they should be smart and think about the quality of the system not quantity.

asmithz
11-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Every console will have a malfunction upon first release. :rolleyes:

What other systems luanched and had such a problem? Xbox had the faulty dvd drive and PS2 broke after a year. Both did not have several preoblems causing random errors within hours of play. Speicaly graphic's not rendering, thats just a terrible thing to happen. It's not looking for Microsoft at this moment.

NeoTheOne
11-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Alot of my freinds are askign when they should purchase the Xbox so i told them what Ill tell everyone with te same question , purchase it like in chirstmas or better yet after when they start to put out bundles like Xbox Premium with Pgr and Pdz or etc , that indicates it that its a new build for the Xbox, and they would/should have fixed most/all of the issues

despikable
11-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Alot of my freinds are askign when they should purchase the Xbox so i told them what Ill tell everyone with te same question , purchase it like in chirstmas or better yet after when they start to put out bundles like Xbox Premium with Pgr and Pdz or etc , that indicates it that its a new build for the Xbox, and they would/should have fixed most/all of the issues

well id tell em to wait for when ps3 launches because then you can compare plus the price will probably go down and there be more games. And you reach a fairer decision.:)

ApacNTS
11-24-2005, 01:28 PM
question is, do any of you think there will be a "shortage" of ps3's or will there be plenty?

dudevenezuela
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Microsoft Reports Isolated Xbox Glitches

Wed Nov 23, 9:39 PM ET

REDMOND, Wash. - Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday it had received isolated reports of technical problems with its popular new
Xbox 360 videogame system.
ADVERTISEMENT

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up. On http://www.xbox-scene.com, a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called jsgongwon reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It's what you would expect with a consumer electronics instrument of this complexity .... par for the course."

Gaming fanatics lined up for hours Monday to be among the first to purchase the next-generation system, which was in short supply despite its starting price tag of $299.99. Microsoft hopes to sell 2.5 million to 3 million of the new systems in the first 90 days.

O'Donnell urged anyone with Xbox problems to call 1-800-4myXbox or go to http://www.xbox.com. If the problems can't be resolved immediately, Microsoft said it will pay to ship the console overnight to a repair center, overnight it back once it's fixed, or ship a replacement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051124/ap_on_hi_te/xbox_glitches

suprafreak6
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
omg exactly why i waited, after getting xbox day before release when it came out, (having a faulty rom drive) that taught me a lesson, to wait for better release and cheaper price! I just read on pspupdates.com that teamXtender is selling 20 core xboxes for 799USD! that is crazy as f*** and on ebay people are bidding up to 1200USD

Streetz
11-24-2005, 04:20 PM
i heard their should be more shipments of the xbox360 friday! but im not for sure just call your local retaliers and ask them.

Xilo
11-25-2005, 12:01 AM
I still have a 0-day original USA PS2. My mom got it the day it was released for me for my birthday. You know what? The thing still works like perfect and I've used that thing heavily for both games and watching DVDs.

Formula1
11-25-2005, 12:31 AM
omfg, have you guys seen this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PREMIUM-plus-2-xbox360-games-NEW_W0QQitemZ8236712526QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guyver
11-25-2005, 12:47 AM
omfg, have you guys seen this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PREMIUM-plus-2-xbox360-games-NEW_W0QQitemZ8236712526QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yeh, who the fuck would do that...he made over 700$ profit lol

NeoTheOne
11-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Well now tv channels are showing this problem , but remember G-uniX was the first to post the article lol

SingaBoiy
11-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Got mine yesterday morning. :D

Me and a friend stayed up all last night playing Madden. Damn it is so stripped down :/ Still great though.

I knew places were going to be selling alot yesterday so I went out at about 4am to see how the lines were. They were way to fucking long. The line to kmart, yes I said kmart, was going all the way to the corner of the building. So I finally gave up and went to bed. Woke up at 11am to get ready for work and found I had a voicemail message. Turned out to be Gamecrazy telling me my 360 was in stock!

Delorean
11-27-2005, 04:02 PM

Me and a friend stayed up all last night playing Madden. Damn it is so stripped down :/ Still great though.

I knew places were going to be selling alot yesterday so I went out at about 4am to see how the lines were. They were way to fucking long. The line to kmart, yes I said kmart, was going all the way to the corner of the building. So I finally gave up and went to bed.

People there are sick! :D LOL

Guyver
11-27-2005, 04:08 PM

I knew places were going to be selling alot yesterday so I went out at about 4am to see how the lines were. They were way to fucking long. The line to kmart, yes I said kmart, was going all the way to the corner of the building. So I finally gave up and went to bed.

People there are sick! :D LOL

imo its just stupid to sit out there and wait, its justs a fucking gamesystem...

Peerzy
11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Well now tv channels are showing this problem , but remember G-uniX was the first to post the article lol

No, the forum you linked to posted it first:blink:

NeoTheOne
11-27-2005, 09:29 PM

I wouldnt call that an article , it was just a bunch of people complaing , i took the complaining and made it into an article first , tehn came yahoo , then Global then w.e

Peerzy
11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
I wouldnt call that an article , it was just a bunch of people complaing , i took the complaining and made it into an article first , tehn came yahoo , then Global then w.e

So yes, you were the first to post you're article, however not the first to notice the problems and type them out somewhere.

silent h3ro
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Microsoft is loosing money like crazy on the 360. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140383.html)