Agrajag
11-23-2005, 04:56 PM
The gratuitously optimistic.

ziggyjuarez
11-23-2005, 04:57 PM
People

Yogi
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I do try to avoid to avoid things, though i'll avoid saying that out loud.....(up till now.....):blink:

And just since an hour or so, i try to avoid Shammys, esp. the quality ones....:ph34r:

Blythorama
11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I avoid killer bees, nasty people, and armpits.

Yogi
11-23-2005, 05:03 PM
I avoid killer bees, nasty people, and armpits.

Even if they smell good and are shaven???:naughty:

Blythorama
11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes. Even then. Because I know it's a temporary state...

I also avoid overly chirpy girls. They get reet on mah tits.

DorisInsinuate
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I avoid dog shit. There's a pile right in the middle of my usual path to school :dry:

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
direct sunlight, old people, young people, popular music, public events :ermm:

4play
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
lilmiss while parking :unsure:

Yogi
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes. Even then. Because I know it's a temporary state...

I also avoid overly chirpy girls. They get reet on mah tits.

Reet

Common slang term used in the North West of England. Basically means "right" and is used to describe something that is "good". It is also used as a greeting, replacing the word "hello" or "hi". it can also be used as reassurance when faced with certain situations.

So cheerful girls like ya boobies and wanna say hello to them???:blink: :unsure:

Where do ya live...???:naughty:

kalle66
11-23-2005, 05:41 PM
avoid to hert other ppl

Guyver
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
avoid to hert other ppl

why avoid that? lol...well i geuss if they only deserve it...

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I avoid dog shit. There's a pile right in the middle of my usual path to school :dry:

:lol: I know the feeling http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t106849.html I used to be a fisherman, after we got ashore we had to clear the nets of weed "not the smoking type" :lol: Seaweed ~ it was a matter of running the nets across the pebble stones "picture of east beach Sheringham ~ pebble beach"http://discjirm.umcus.org/walks/walk_pics/Digital/20021104/Small/P2002B040003.JPG the problem was dog poo ~ it got caught in the nets, so as you can imagine it was not a nice job, well nasty, we had a job to do but things like that made it nasty ~ apart from that fishing on the norfolk coast was very good, back in 1985 the boat I worked was catching a 1000 crabs a day, this is the peek of the crab fishing ever on the Norfolk coast, things now are a different matter, our local fishermen are struggling with a total catch of 120 crabs on average a day ~ well bad ~

Gripper
11-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Plonkers,fools,canadians,americans,eskimos,pixies,fairies,spacemen,menin blacksuits and shades,red cars,cat poo,and squirrels

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
, back in 1985 the boat I worked was catching a 1000 crabs a day, this is the peek of the crab fishing ever on the Norfolk coast, things now are a different matter, our local fishermen are struggling with a total catch of 120 crabs on average a day ~ well bad ~
One wonders why overfishing led to smaller populations and therefore catches. Someone should look into that.

BTW is it still fishing if the prey is not a fish.

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 07:24 PM
, back in 1985 the boat I worked was catching a 1000 crabs a day, this is the peek of the crab fishing ever on the Norfolk coast, things now are a different matter, our local fishermen are struggling with a total catch of 120 crabs on average a day ~ well bad ~
One wonders why overfishing led to smaller populations and therefore catches. Someone should look into that.

BTW is it still fishing if the prey is not a fish.

The east Coast fisheries are doing there best now to save the stocks of Fish ~ Edible Crab & lobster ~ We now have zones where you can't fish at all, the size has to be bigger & to gain a shellfish licence nowadays is almost impossible.
An unlicensed boat can now only bring 5 crabs & 2 lobsters ashore in any 24 hour period, this has helped a great deal as local layabouts claiming the dole and then selling shellfish on the side.
is it to late to save our fish stocks?

I remember as a kid down the beach when the boats came ashore fill to the brim with herring ~ gone now are the herring ~ great shame

times have changed the face of the fishing industry on this coastline

Sheringham was just a fishing village years ago, my family have fished in sheringham since 1739 ~ Now Sheringham is a holiday resort, the population is now around 8,000, it's doubled in size since my teens.
A house back in 1985 would cost £20.000 now a 3 bedroom house would cost £280,000

Gripper
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Fishing for crabs and lobsters is just plain "shellfish"

manker
11-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Sounds like shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted, Baz :dabs:

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
shellfish ~ i still stink off shellfish, yet i have not been since last year lol
"need a wash"

@ Manker ~ you're right, the fishing laws should have been there 20 years ago, it would not be like it is now ~ size & limits, you can't wonder why some got so rich quick, years ago you did not need a licence to catch shellfish, it was only a law from 1992, that was a bit late as stocks were destroyed.

Things you Avoid? = greedy Fishermen ~ Not I

Gripper
11-23-2005, 07:46 PM
I caught some crabs once,but was soon put right by lotion from docs

Things to avoid ~pubic lice

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Not had lice :lol: but i do Scratch & Sniff lol

Things you Avoid? ~ the sniff ~ the scratch is ok

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Sounds like shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted, Baz :dabs:
Exactement what I was thinking.

Aaron_T
11-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Not had lice :lol: but i do Scratch & Sniff lol

Things you Avoid? ~ the sniff ~ the scratch is ok

here he goes with his scratch and sniff :lol: youre sick baz :lol:

i try to avoid any type of insect, i hate them :(

Gripper
11-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Nob nits not nice,plenty scratching there

Lilmiss
11-23-2005, 08:51 PM

i can park very well actually, and anything said otherwise is just vicious slander. :snooty:

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Nob nits not nice,plenty scratching there

I was going to look on google, as I wanted to know what one looked like, "Lice that is" but stoped myself in my tracks lol ~ I don't think I want to know, and don't want to come across hairy Nads http://www.ukforums.org.uk/html//emoticons/laugha.gif

Things you Avoid? ~ Pictures of Hairy Nads

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 08:54 PM

i can park very well actually, and anything said otherwise is just vicious slander. :snooty:
I'm rubbish at parallel parking, but I can do it in foreign climes in big LHD cars.

It's weird.

Lilmiss
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
chasi cabs n buses. :01:

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi ya Lilmiss, how ya doing? hope all is ok :)

I hate Buses, me no go, one of my phobias

Things you Avoid? ~ When Barry is on a Bus http://www.ukforums.org.uk/html//emoticons/bag.gif

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
one of my phobias

An actual phobia, or just that you really don't like them.

Lilmiss
11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
i'm good, tanks Baz. hope you is too. :01:

i also detest public transport.
they are always late, dirty, driven by lunatics and far too pricey.

unlike my buses, which are kept in good condition and driven by Midas certified drivers. [//end sales pitch] :happy:

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 09:19 PM
one of my phobias

An actual phobia, or just that you really don't like them.

I suffer from chronic Anxieties ~ I am hosebound 99% of the time, this all came on 10 years ago, I used to be a very active person, I was in HM Coastguard & worked for UK Gov, I got very ill, in 95.
I am in controll of my illness sometimes but it makes me housebond.

It's been very hard just of late, but thanks to some great friends on the net they have helped me heaps, some great friends on FST, I thank you

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
So it's general chronic anxieties, rather than a specific bus phobia.

Are you housebound because of a fear of leaving, or is that a physical thing.

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM

anything can trigger me off, I am at a stage where I know what I can do and the things I can't do, I have panic attacks all the time.
I've had a big upset just latly and it's thrown me back so i'm having palpitations again, my own fault i was to nice & trusting to someone close.
I hav'ent been at home for 7 weeks due to my illness, doctors orders not to be on my own.
getting back on FST has helped, i'm not the only one by far with problems like this, so it makes me feel more welcome on FST, I'm not so alone.

All best Agrajag from Barry

Things you Avoid? ~ A wolf in sheep's clothing

Gripper
11-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Things you avoid-Clicking on images when you search for pubic lice:sick:

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Things you avoid-Clicking on images when you search for pubic lice:sick:

:lol: I was going to look, but ........... na lol

Things you Avoid? ~ Google at time's :lol:

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 11:02 PM

Thank you, right back at you big guy.

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 11:06 PM

"my own fault i was to nice & trusting to someone close"

Not you Dude!

I had a split up ~ god don't give me more Anxiety please!

Sorry!

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Only toying with you mate.

I'm a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Buffalo
11-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Sorry, I've got a job keeping it together at the Mo,
Don't know if I should be on here,
I'm well fucked in the head, well lost

I don't want to give up, but i'm having a Job

I'm not on here to cause any trouble

Things you Avoid? ~ people like me with major head problems :(

Agrajag
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Don't know if I should be on here,
I'm well fucked in the head, well lost

I don't want to give up, but i'm having a Job

I'm not on here to cause any trouble

Things you Avoid? ~ people like me with major head problems :(
This is trivia, do what the feck you want, vent.

Yogi
11-23-2005, 11:59 PM
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/DefensiveDriving/Avoid-Head-On-Collisions.jpg

hobbes
11-24-2005, 12:06 AM

:lol: I know the feeling http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t106849.html I used to be a fisherman, after we got ashore we had to clear the nets of weed "not the smoking type" :lol: Seaweed ~ it was a matter of running the nets across the pebble stones "picture of east beach Sheringham ~ pebble beach"http://discjirm.umcus.org/walks/walk_pics/Digital/20021104/Small/P2002B040003.JPG the problem was dog poo ~ it got caught in the nets, so as you can imagine it was not a nice job, well nasty, we had a job to do but things like that made it nasty ~ apart from that fishing on the norfolk coast was very good, back in 1985 the boat I worked was catching a 1000 crabs a day, this is the peek of the crab fishing ever on the Norfolk coast, things now are a different matter, our local fishermen are struggling with a total catch of 120 crabs on average a day ~ well bad ~

Maybe the crabs have decided to avoid you pesty fishermen.:blink:

hobbes
11-24-2005, 12:12 AM
i'm good, tanks Baz. hope you is too. :01:

i also detest public transport.
they are always late, dirty, driven by lunatics and far too pricey.

unlike my buses, which are kept in good condition and driven by Midas certified drivers. [//end sales pitch] :happy:

You forgot to mention the everpresent guy who drinks vodka at the back of the bus who smells like he has been dipped in stale concentrated urine.

(And no, you are not legally allowed to drink alcohol on a public bus.)

Agrajag
11-24-2005, 12:16 AM
(And no, you are not legally allowed to drink alcohol on a public bus.)
Where.

hobbes
11-24-2005, 12:33 AM

anything can trigger me off, I am at a stage where I know what I can do and the things I can't do, I have panic attacks all the time.
I've had a big upset just latly and it's thrown me back so i'm having palpitations again, my own fault i was to nice & trusting to someone close.
I hav'ent been at home for 7 weeks due to my illness, doctors orders not to be on my own.
getting back on FST has helped, i'm not the only one by far with problems like this, so it makes me feel more welcome on FST, I'm not so alone.

Best of lucky Barry, I have a friend who has been through your situation. He confided in me, almost ashamed by what he had to say, that sometimes, for no appreciable reason, he would would feel like the world was coming to an end, that he was going to literally die and his heart would race. I've known this guy since age 6 and he was never like that. Just something that afflicted him. With medicine, he got better.

I recently have started becoming very unsettled, not by loud music, but huge bass sounds that seem to grow and grow and feel to big for the building, like they are going to rattle the building apart.

This never bothered me before.

I notice it at "Best Buy" when someone in the stero room starts playing with a system. You really can't hear the music, but you can feel the bass. I get the smothering feeling that the building will collapse, that the bass will just keep strengthening until something shatters.

It makes me sweat and feel very uncomfortable, but I just stand there looking at movies, calm as can be. I just tell myself to deal with it, but I can really appreciate just the type of miserable feeling you experience.

I get the same feeling when I have to talk in front of a group of people, particularly strangers. I mean, I want to frigging run away, my mouth dries up, I sweat like a leaky faucet.

So I compensate by bringing a bottle of water and wearing a jacket to mask the sweat. I intentionally alter my posture to appear calm. I over prepare my project so that if I get a brain lock up, I don't have to think, I can just read my slide. I don't have to remember what I was supposed to say. Funny thing is that after 5 minutes, eveything is fine and by the end I'm enjoying myself.

I know my job requires these talks, I know they make me nervous, I sure as hell am not going to go running out of the room, so I make adaptations and wheather the storm.

It gets better every time.

Good luck, but more than that be tough.

Gripper
11-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Things to avoid ~ Swallowing "oysters"

DanB
11-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Shit threads

oops :pinch:

hobbes
11-29-2005, 02:26 AM