PDA

View Full Version : Cold remedies please....

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I think I am getting ill. I've got no motivation, my throat hurts, I can't be bothered to move, I keep sneezing, and my head is thumping. I've taken some pills and still feel horrible. I've just found out I'm needed at work from five.

I feel very sorry for myself. Cold remedies please....:cry:

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2005, 02:07 PM
normal cold or man sized cold? :unsure:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Full-on hacking cough and snot attack with accompanying headache. I don't get man-sized colds because I'm not a man, and also nothing is worse than a man-sized cold, according to ill men.

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2005, 02:14 PM
a noice spicy curry clears your senses ftw, and some vodka in coffee does help sum-wot :01:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
a noice spicy curry clears your senses ftw, and some vodka in coffee does help sum-wot :01:

Sounds great but turning up to work half-cut and sticking of curry isn't really an option... though on second thoughts, half the sarcastic, smelly old feckers I work with won't notice anyway. Full on headache now. GOing to lay down for a bit...

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 02:23 PM
wuss

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
wuss

Caught it from you anyway, you virulent, contagious, interweb sickness-spreader.

manker
11-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Full-on hacking cough and snot attack with accompanying headache. I don't get man-sized colds because I'm not a man, and also nothing is worse than a man-sized cold, according to ill men.Indeed, you should be glad that you haven't got a man cold.

Women will never understand :no:

Women's colds can be attended to by dabbing a tissue on the nose at 45 minute intervals. If you're cooking or washing-up -- kitchen roll is an acceptable substitute.

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 02:35 PM
wuss

Caught it from you anyway, you virulent, contagious, interweb sickness-spreader.

Pfft, if you'd caught it off me, it'd be a man-cold, I don't do wussy colds:01:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Full-on hacking cough and snot attack with accompanying headache. I don't get man-sized colds because I'm not a man, and also nothing is worse than a man-sized cold, according to ill men.Indeed, you should be glad that you haven't got a man cold.

Women's colds can be attended to by dabbing a tissue on the nose at 45 minute intervals. If you're cooking or washing-up -- kitchen roll is an acceptable substitute.

45 minutes? Welsh-boy, you underestimate me. I'm going through a whole toilet roll in about half an hour. Could fill a bathtub with my snot in no time. Man cold's are a fallacy, don't exist. Its just a ploy to remain incumbant and whinging on the sofa while girl-person attends his needs.:cry:

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, milk, no sugar please.

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes, milk, no sugar please.

Have run out of tea bags. Too ill to go to the shop. :cry:

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
coffee will do, although no milk with that

DorisInsinuate
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Eat garlic, lots of garlic.

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
coffee will do, although no milk with that

Good, because I have no milk either. Unless I milk the cat. :blink:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Eat garlic, lots of garlic.

I'll dissolve. Vampyric tendencies. :(

manker
11-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Indeed, you should be glad that you haven't got a man cold.

45 minutes? Welsh-boy, you underestimate me. I'm going through a whole toilet roll in about half an hour. Could fill a bathtub with my snot in no time. Man cold's are a fallacy, don't exist. Its just a ploy to remain incumbant and whinging on the sofa while girl-person attends his needs.:cry:Blyth has got a man cold!!111!

Quickly, check your throat for un pomme de Adam.

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 02:58 PM
check your pants for a peen too, ugly

manker
11-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Judging my the avatar, I still would.

Man cold or not :snooty:

DorisInsinuate
11-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Judging my the avatar
:mellow:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Bo. You're just jealous because if I was a man, I'd have a bigger knob than you, yer heshe tranny jessy.

Been a while since there was one of them anywhere near my pants anyhow. :cry:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Judging my the avatar, I still would.

Man cold or not :snooty:

I'm actually the man on the right....:lol:

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
curry with vodka in it might be an all round cure

...will see later on :shifty:

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 03:08 PM

Bo. You're just jealous because if I was a man, I'd have a bigger knob than you, yer heshe tranny jessy.

It's been a while since a "heshe tranny jessy" has been near your pants? Is that some kind of desperate/pervy plea?:blink:

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 03:13 PM

It's been a while since a "heshe tranny jessy" has been near your pants? Is that some kind of desperate/pervy plea?:blink:

Shit, I'm a muppet. Although a Heshe tranny jessy does sound quite appealing in a weird and kinky way. Bring it on.

:lol: :lol:

manker
11-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Judging my the avatar
:mellow:Freudian slip :naughty:

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 03:19 PM

Shit, I'm a muppet. Although a Heshe tranny jessy does sound quite appealing in a weird and kinky way. Bring it on.

:lol: :lol:

:unsure:

Gripper
11-24-2005, 04:30 PM
I shall be round toot sweet to apply vigorous rubbing of Vicks on your chesty bits

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I shall be round toot sweet to apply vigorous rubbing of Vicks on your chesty bits

You sweety. Thanks for that selfless guesture. :ermm:

Gripper
11-24-2005, 04:34 PM

You are welcome,anything to help a lady:D

Blythorama
11-24-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm a lady? :ph34r:

Gripper
11-24-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm a lady? :ph34r:
Yes an I'm a proper Gentleman:shifty:

Proper Bo
11-24-2005, 04:49 PM
No, I'm proper

enoughfakefiles
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
If you need help to sweat your cold out blyth, i'll gladly put my name forward.:naughty:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 09:48 AM
If you need help to sweat your cold out blyth, i'll gladly put my name forward.:naughty:

You gonna buy me an electric blanket? People are so nice on here!
My cold is worse, and not helped by a substantial hangover. Today I will mostly be lurking grumpily. :angry:

manker
11-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I think I will join you in lurking grumpily, how come a half inch of snow made everyone, except me, late for work.

For half an hour I had to make my own tea and answer the phones :@

Guillaume
11-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Calling in sick FTW!

Well, not me, obviously.

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 10:17 AM
I think I will join you in lurking grumpily, how come a half inch of snow made everyone, except me, late for work.

It's an excuse to stay in bed for a while longer. I don't have that excuse as I'm working from home today. I could say that I was trapped by half an inch of snow surrounding my bedroom, but seeing as my pc is in here with me, I don't think it would work!

manker, if I paid you, could you make me tea and screen my calls? I have deadlines today and people are chasing me.:cry:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 10:22 AM
we gots no snow :dry:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 10:24 AM
we gots no snow :dry:

How come? Where are you, Mars?:lol:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 10:25 AM
kinda

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 10:26 AM
we haven't had much snow here for years. when i was yay high we made igloos. for the last few years we've struggled with snowballs :(

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 10:31 AM
we haven't had much snow here for years. when i was yay high we made igloos. for the last few years we've struggled with snowballs :(

It's that global warming wots to blame. Fo'sure. When I was a little Blyth, me mammy and I had ter dig ourselves out o the house. I remember sinking up to me knees in snow. In the good ol' days you could mek a whole family of Snowmen, and not have to go rootling around the tops of car wheels to have enough left to chuck at yer mates. :lol:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
whoa. it's all dry out, like a desert or something :fear:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:00 AM
whoa. it's all dry out, like a desert or something :fear:

Is blizzards here. Can't see out the windows. Getting a bit scared. :unsure:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
lucky cow :(

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:06 AM
lucky cow :(

When the night falls and the wolves come howling round my window you won't think I'm so lucky. :cry:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:08 AM
at least it'll be an adventure. i just got a nippy day :fist:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:18 AM
at least it'll be an adventure. i just got a nippy day :fist:

Better get me big red duffle coat and head off to me nans' house, skipping through the wildwoods, stopping at the woodcutters' along the way. Tra la la la la! (been nice knowing ya'll)

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:19 AM
:unsure: you taking the piss? :ermm:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:27 AM
:unsure: you taking the piss? :ermm:

Nope! The wolves are gonna get me when I next go to the shop. I'm running out of tabs... I have to venture out sometime soon and run the glowing-eyed canine gauntlet. I can see them milling around by the lamppost outside, looking expectantly up at my window.

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:31 AM
do they really have wolves in wales :unsure:

manker
11-25-2005, 11:38 AM

It's an excuse to stay in bed for a while longer. I don't have that excuse as I'm working from home today. I could say that I was trapped by half an inch of snow surrounding my bedroom, but seeing as my pc is in here with me, I don't think it would work!

manker, if I paid you, could you make me tea and screen my calls? I have deadlines today and people are chasing me.:cry:Sure, it wouldn't be me personally but I've a useless office junior who makes nice tea, fails to post my post but has awesome tits.

She could do it :01:

manker
11-25-2005, 11:38 AM
do they really have wolves in wales :unsure::dabs:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:41 AM
you herd

manker
11-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Flock off.

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:43 AM
sowwy :cry:

manker
11-25-2005, 11:50 AM
I thought we were going to have a conversation using collective nouns in lieu of verbs :dabs:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:51 AM
i don't watt that means

manker
11-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Herd instead of heard, flock instead of fuck ... .

Anyhow, rod off :P

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
wierd ellipsis

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:57 AM

manker, if I paid you, could you make me tea and screen my calls? I have deadlines today and people are chasing me.:cry:Sure, it wouldn't be me personally but I've a useless office junior who makes nice tea, fails to post my post but has awesome tits.

As long as she can screen pissed-off people and fetch me things on demand, she's hired.

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I thought we were going to have a conversation using collective nouns in lieu of verbs :dabs:

Won't happen. I have my Pride you know. :lol:

manker
11-25-2005, 11:59 AM
wierd ellipsis
JP thinks it's a tad elaborate but if I use one on the end of a sentence, I add a space and a full stop :happy:

He's rubbish at ellipses anyway.

manker
11-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Sure, it wouldn't be me personally but I've a useless office junior who makes nice tea, fails to post my post but has awesome tits.

As long as she can screen pissed-off people and fetch me things on demand, she's hired.She often has trouble doing the buttons up on her blouse. So she may have a little trouble.

Unless the blouse thing is intentional :shifty:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:02 PM

Won't happen. I have my Pride you know. :lol:Pride isn't a verb - disqualified!

/me can't think of any more atm :dabs:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Won't happen. I have my Pride you know. :lol:Pride isn't a verb - disqualified!

Shit, and I'm meant to be the professional. Going to go and feed myself to the wolves in shame.

Believe me, the blouse thing is definately intenshunal. Unless she is poor, chavesque and buys shoddily made, poor quality, market-stall togs.

Pay the poor thing more, you tight bastard. She needs new clothes. :angry:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Pride isn't a verb - disqualified!

Shit, and I'm meant to be the professional. Going to go and feed myself to the wolves in shame.

Believe me, the blouse thing is definately intenshunal. Unless she is poor, chavesque and buys shoddily made, poor quality, market-stall togs.

well manker pays her wages

manker
11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
No I don't, she's on a yoof training scheme :fist:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:17 PM
another reason why you won't fire her, she costs nowt :rolleyes:

edit: fixeded rwice

manker
11-25-2005, 12:21 PM
another reason why you won't fire her, she costs nowt :rolleyes:

edit: fixeded rwiceI already had two very good reasons :naughty:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:26 PM
i hope she's one of those all men are bastards type feminists and finds this thread. you'd be so unemployed :pinch:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 12:29 PM

Makes you a sleazy ol' perve then don't it! :lol: :lol:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
i hope she's one of those all men are bastards type feminists and finds this thread. you'd be so unemployed :pinch:That's why I don't like people irl knowing I'm manker on the interweb :unsure:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:33 PM
speaking of booleans as variables rawks

did i just mix up languages then?

manker
11-25-2005, 12:33 PM

Makes you a sleazy ol' perve then don't it! :lol: :lol:
They sent three seventeen year olds, two female one male. All first year college drop-outs and virtually useless to me apart from for tea-making and filing -- but free.

I picked the one with the biggest tits. Any sane bloke would have done the same :schnauz:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
speaking of booleans as variables rawks

did i just mix up languages then?Dvb :smilie4:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:36 PM
well, i spoke as if there was a scale of unemployedness. lyke you'd be very unemployed. rly one can be unemployed or not, there be no half way point or owt

manker
11-25-2005, 12:39 PM
well, i spoke as if there was a scale of unemployedness. lyke you'd be very unemployed. rly one can be unemployed or not, there be no half way point or owtOh yeah, you can't temper being unemployed.

Je didn't know what a boolean was :dabs:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:40 PM
1 or 0 i think

manker
11-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Indeed.

I wonder if anyone will argue about part time work. They're geptards if they do :dabs:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:43 PM
i was expecting you to :dabs:

i'm sure bo will take it up when he wakes

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Indeed.

I wonder if anyone will argue about part time work. They're geptards if they do :dabs:

You mean have a few temps.:shifty:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:46 PM

Yeah, he's a geptard.

I also slightly rodded about college drop outs being virtually useless so maybe he'll bite at that too :schnauz:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 12:46 PM
i would have picked the one who made the best tea, and had the least offensive character. I feel so rubbish now, all I want to do is crawl into bed and expire, but I can't. I want to be unemployed.

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 12:47 PM
i would have picked the one who made the best tea, and had the least offensive character. I feel so rubbish now, all I want to do is crawl into bed and expire, but I can't. I want to be unemployed.

Do you need a hand to get into bed.:unsure:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 12:49 PM
no, you don't

remember when i went menkal at yogi for stuff like this

you just don't :pinch:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:51 PM
i would have picked the one who made the best tea, and had the least offensive character. I feel so rubbish now, all I want to do is crawl into bed and expire, but I can't. I want to be unemployed.I was thinking of economics too.

Customers would rather see a nice looking girl with big tits than a surly male goth.

Still, if anyone found that out and could prove it, I'd be sued or something :dabs:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 12:51 PM

I need a hand to get up and crawl over to the bed, or the sofa, or any flat comfy, warm surface. I need someone to make me lemsip and toast and I need someone to finish all my work. This is the only time I miss having a live-in lover. It's shit being ill on your own.

manker
11-25-2005, 12:52 PM
no, you don't

you just don't :pinch:Yeah, but Yogi is an idiot who really meant it because he's a lazy blight on Dutch society.

Sometimes I wish for unemployment when I've got a hangover ... but not really, like :ermm:

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 12:53 PM

I need a hand to get up and crawl over to the bed, or the sofa, or any flat comfy, warm surface. I need someone to make me lemsip and toast and I need someone to finish all my work. This is the only time I miss having a live-in lover. It's shit being ill on your own.

Is there an opening then.:rolleyes:

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 12:54 PM
no, you don't

you just don't :pinch:Yeah, but Yogi is an idiot who really meant it because he's a lazy blight on Dutch society.

Sometimes I wish for unemployment when I've got a hangover ... but not really, like :ermm:

I remeber that, it was his last strop.:lol:

manker
11-25-2005, 12:55 PM
He'll probably leave again now.

Ah well.

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 12:56 PM
He'll probably leave again now.

Ah well.

I'm not convined it's really him.:ph34r:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 01:11 PM
no, you don't

you just don't :pinch:

I've been on the dole before, and incapacity benefit. I know its not good. However, right now, this second, feeling so shit, I wouldn't mind. I love my job, but I can't be arsed right now.

Proper Bo
11-25-2005, 05:51 PM

take what up?

manker
11-25-2005, 06:01 PM

take what up?The geptarded counter argument that no-one used.

Proper Bo
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
what might that be? I skipped over the last few pages looking for my name in a vain manner, to see how much I was talked about whilst I wasn't here:snooty:

manker
11-25-2005, 06:05 PM
I do that too ftw :01:

enoughfakefiles
11-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I didn't know you could catch a cold from replying to a thread. Now i've got one.:dry:

Gripper
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
It's the dam compotor viruses:01: :w00t:

Blythorama
11-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I didn't know you could catch a cold from replying to a thread. Now i've got one.:dry:

Never underestimate the virulence of the internet.:ph34r:

BigBank_Hank
11-26-2005, 08:38 PM
It’s seems to be spreading.

I was just reading this thread the other day and now I’ve come down with something myself. I was looking forward to having a long weekend but after reading this thread I’m stuck in the house feeling like shit.

Blythorama
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM

I was just reading this thread the other day and now I’ve come down with something myself. I was looking forward to having a long weekend but after reading this thread I’m stuck in the house feeling like shit.

mwah ha ha ha ha.
Dontcha just love it when an evil plan comes together....:ph34r:

enoughfakefiles
11-26-2005, 09:04 PM

mwah ha ha ha ha.
Dontcha just love it when an evil plan comes together....:ph34r:

:dry:

Lilmiss
11-26-2005, 09:13 PM
i had the flu-thingy the other month.
you get stoned quicker when sick, it rawks. :lookaroun

get a triple hawt brandy, lemon and sugar down ya, followed by 5 more of the same. then wrap yerself in every blanket available, and sweat it out like a cheap acid trip. :01: :happy:

Blythorama
11-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not too bad now. I think passing it on to every fecker on the internet helped. Cheap gin and analgesics are also helping, but serving to make me a little random. Whoohoo!

Lilmiss
11-26-2005, 10:06 PM
gin? :unsure:
what will you use as paint stripper now?

Gripper
11-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Gin = Mothers ruin=why??