PDA

View Full Version : War of the worlds. Harvesting?

Abe
11-25-2005, 05:46 AM
What were they doing with the humans they were harvesting?

BTW : Really good movie!

DorisInsinuate
11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
They use them to fertilise the land with the Red Weed and stuff, the crazy guy mentions it at some point.

4play
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
good book but too much of an anti climax at the end to be a good film.

Damnatory
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
What were they doing with the humans they were harvesting?

BTW : Really good movie!
I may be wrong in saying so, but I could have sworn they were being used as fuel for the robots... Every once in a while you would see them suck up alot of blood, then after using it so long they would excreet it. Seemed like a logical explaination.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 08:28 PM
good book but too much of an anti climax at the end to be a good film.
It was also a TV series.

I was certain I read that WOTW was supposed to be a trilogy, WTF?!!!

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 10:39 PM
in the original didn't the build underground cities to hide from the aliens?

Seedler
11-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Just finished the movie, and yes, the movie was alright but the ending was such a let down. I wanted the step-father to be sucked dry and the baby from the pregnant lady to be sliced in halves and and and chop the penis off the emo teen guy and and strangle the little daughter girl person and tom cruise is going to be sad and he is gonna get ass raped by the tenticle things and and and... Fuck i got issues

worldpease
11-26-2005, 06:41 AM
In the 1950s movie (available and recomended for dld),
meteors started fallin from the sky, then flying ships whit snake like eyes and
green things on the sides started to emerge from the rocks and killing everyone,
but the main characters where a scientific and a girl.
At the end the aliens are afected from a virus or something in the air,
just like in the new one.
*I know most of you already know, but I just felt like telling it.

but is there really a trilogy?
underground city could be interesting,
but the producers would have to be very careful.

hippychick
11-27-2005, 09:31 PM
The new movie was terrible. It was a Tom Cruise propaganda movie lol The whole movie was written around him.
The ending was stupid and jumped around too much.
Every city was destroyed but the one street in Boston where it looked untouched and even the family looked normal. :rolleyes:
According to what I have read, the aliens used human blood to fertilize the red plants so they could colonize Earth.

mr. nails
11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
They use them to fertilise the land with the Red Weed and stuff, the crazy guy mentions it at some point.
yeah, so, what's that mean?

also, movie had nice cg, but all-in-all very boring movie.

Abe
11-28-2005, 01:24 AM
I never saw the orginal .

It was kind of a family film

Oh no! I got shot with a lazer , guess i'll turn into dust now. boring....

I thought the movie had a lot better potential. Still liked it.

colt45joe
11-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Just finished the movie, and yes, the movie was alright but the ending was such a let down. I wanted the step-father to be sucked dry and the baby from the pregnant lady to be sliced in halves and and and chop the penis off the emo teen guy and and strangle the little daughter girl person and tom cruise is going to be sad and he is gonna get ass raped by the tenticle things and and and... Fuck i got issues

a bit extreme... i was just sad that the son survived. he shouldve died.
other than that though, i really liked this movie alot, i liked the way it looked, and the the sound in this movie is nice 'cause its got DTS!

ekohalik
11-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I will never watch that movie again.

The film has no story and what kind of end this movie has (The man son is still alive). Boring.

DorisInsinuate
11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I didn't like the ending neither. I'm not sure why so many found the film boring though :unsure: Might be because it didn't have as much shooting and exploding as Independence Day.

I wrote a GEPtarded review on the moderation a while ago linkage (http://moderation.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1977)

Abe
12-02-2005, 04:38 AM
I didn't like the ending neither. I'm not sure why so many found the film boring though :unsure: Might be because it didn't have as much shooting and exploding as Independence Day.

I wrote a GEPtarded review on the moderation a while ago linkage (http://moderation.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1977)

Are you really 12? You sound pretty danm smart for a 12 year old....