PDA

View Full Version : Did it snow for anyone else today?

Cheese
11-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Snowed here. I built a snowman with an Even Steven with a Temp Taper fade. Then kicked it in its stupid head.

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
like fuck it did

manker
11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Hope you kicked his head in good, if you didn't then it will come to life in the night and furnish your living area with scatter cushions and soft lighting.

:dabs:

Blythorama
11-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Snowed lots here. Its all white and fluffy outside

Cheese
11-25-2005, 07:10 PM
It did...:dabs:

As some parts of Plymouth woke to a dusting of snow this morning, weather forecasters said it was likely to turn to rain for the weekend. Cold weather overnight meant parts of the city saw some light snow, but mainly sleet early this morning. Police and fire crews reported a quiet night, and forecasters said today would see the worst of the weather before warmer temperatures brought rain over the weekend.

A spokesman for PA Weather Centre said: "There could be snow over the high levels but more rain and sleet on the lower levels. There could be some heavy bursts this afternoon with the chance of a rumble of thunder, but it will be milder so sleet and snow should turn to rain."

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Snowed lots here. Its all white and fluffy outside

http://dangerousdan.us/images/staypuft.jpg

It didn't snow here, it was to cold.:dry:

twisterX
11-25-2005, 07:20 PM
no it did yesterday.

It sucks. i wish it was summer.

manker
11-25-2005, 07:21 PM
manker's pet hate:

People who say it's too cold to snow.

What's all that white stuff in the fecking north pole - did it suddenly heat up, snow, and then go back to being too cold to snow.

Stfu and gtfo :@ :01: :@ :01: :@ :01:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 07:22 PM
genuine satelite photo.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1650/uksnowfall4gg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

manker
11-25-2005, 07:22 PM
I mean that in a nice way, effy :wub:

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:23 PM
It snowed here, but then the temp dropped, so the snow stopped.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:24 PM
genuine satelite photo.

Can you take photos with a fake satelite.

Cheese
11-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm off to wade through the "dusting of snow" to drink beer at my girlfriend's house. Hopefully I won't be attacked by any Yetis on the way. Or worse, a Yogi...

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=GepperRankins]genuine satelite photo.

Can you take photos with a fake satelite.
maybe you should die, then we can find out

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 07:26 PM

There's actually some truth in it. You need moisture for it to snow, when it gets really cold it becomes dry.:snooty:

manker
11-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm off to wade through the "dusting of snow" to drink beer at my girlfriend's house. Hopefully I won't be attacked by any Yetis on the way. Or worse, a Yogi...Aren't they just make believe lumbering fools that parents show pics of to their kids to scare them into behaving. I'm sure you won't bump into one.

Yetis, on the other hand, are rife in Plymouth.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=Agrajag]
maybe you should die, then we can find out
Not really with you there :blink:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=GepperRankins]
Not really with you there :blink:
people think i'm deliberatly vague. i know i just talk shite :happy:

manker
11-25-2005, 07:35 PM

There's actually some truth in it. You need moisture for it to snow, when it gets really cold it becomes dry.:snooty:It's never too cold for it to snow in the UK.

Has to get to something like -50 before heavy snowfall isn't possible and it has to reach absolute zero before it's really and truly too cold to snow.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gif

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Isn't there a place in the Arctic where there has been no snow / rain for like a billion years. I think I saw that on QI.

manker
11-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Isn't there a place in the Arctic where there has been no snow / rain for like a billion years. I think I saw that on QI.Maybe, but even there, it's still not too cold to snow :schnauz:

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Isn't there a place in the Arctic where there has been no snow / rain for like a billion years. I think I saw that on QI.Maybe, but even there, it's still not too cold to snow :schnauz:
I was just saying, maybe it was the Antarctic, it's quite vague.

manker
11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I thought it was pretty well defined, even down to us (the UK) owning 8% of the oil drilling rights, or something.

Those pesky ecological types keep getting in the way, tho' :dry:

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I thought it was pretty well defined, even down to us (the UK) owning 8% of the oil drilling rights, or something.

Those pesky ecological types keep getting in the way, tho' :dry:
The Welsh stealing someone else's oil. The age old story, you robbing bar stewards.

manker
11-25-2005, 08:00 PM
It was a present, from the English, so we'd stop invading them and stealing their women :happy:

Proper Bo
11-25-2005, 08:13 PM
yes, our livestock numbers suffered greatly

Proper Bo
11-25-2005, 08:13 PM
it didnt snow here btwftwomglolzrolf

twisterX
11-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Pics.now!!

maebach
11-25-2005, 08:27 PM
It snowed here yesterday night. we got about 4cm.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 08:30 PM
It snowed here on Wednesday and melted by morning.

Had to take my gazebo down. No use leaving it up for wind and snow to batter it.

manker
11-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Had to take my gazebo down. No use leaving it up for wind and snow to batter it.Euphemism :happy:

Gripper
11-25-2005, 08:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/Mountainmanker.jpg

I LOVE YOU ChEESE!!!

hobbes
11-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Maybe, but even there, it's still not too cold to snow :schnauz:

You people need to do a little studying.

The etymology of the word "Antartic" comes from an ancient Eskimo expression which means "too cold to snow".

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 08:48 PM

The etymology of the word "Antartic" comes from an ancient Eskimo expression which means "too cold to snow".

rly.

hobbes
11-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Snowed here. I built a snowman with an Even Steven with a Temp Taper fade. Then kicked it in its stupid head.

I don't having a friggin' clue what this means, other than it describes Bo, so I Google it and it gives me a link to this damn forum. :frusty:

And no, it didn't snow here, its too hot to snow. 76F

manker
11-25-2005, 08:53 PM

The etymology of the word "Antartic" comes from an ancient Eskimo expression which means "too cold to snow".You need to brush up on your rodding.

Spelling too :schnauz:

manker
11-25-2005, 08:54 PM

I don't having a friggin' clue what this means, other than it describes Bo, so I Google it and it gives me a link to this damn forum. :frusty:

And no, it didn't snow here, its too hot to snow. 76FIt's a popular haircut among the queer folk in D.C.

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 08:55 PM

And no, it didn't snow here, its too hot to snow. 76FIt's a popular haircut among the queer folk in D.C.

Who are parcial to the odd apple plucker.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 09:19 PM
It's a popular haircut among the queer folk in D.C.

I just got drunk off that last night.

Apple Pucker and Grey Goose Vodka.

Quite noice.:D

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 09:25 PM

Did you know that the eskimos have no word for etymology.

Weird.

manker
11-25-2005, 09:27 PM
The Eskimos communicate by means of nose rubbing since it's too cold to talk in Antarctica.

How strange.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 09:31 PM
The Eskimos communicate by means of nose rubbing since it's too cold to talk in Antarctica.

How strange.
Sometimes they rub so hard that small sparks are made, which lights the fur of the Antarctican polar bears. This can provide meat for several months.

Awesome

manker
11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Sometimes the very same sparks are so bright that the Arctic penguins can see a luminescent glow on the horizon.

Fantastic.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Sometimes the very same sparks are so bright that the Arctic penguins can see a luminescent glow on the horizon.

Fantastic.
Hence "The Land of the Midnight Sun".

Spectacliar.

enoughfakefiles
11-25-2005, 09:37 PM

Fantastic.

Are these the same penguins that fall over when planes fly over them.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 09:40 PM

Fantastic.

Are these the same penguins that fall over when planes fly over them.
Yes, yes they are.

manker
11-25-2005, 09:40 PM

Fantastic.
Hence "The Land of the Midnight Sun".

Spectacliar.That's just ridiculous, how can you get sun in the middle of the night.

Sometimes you take things too far.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 09:41 PM

How strange.
Sometimes they rub so hard that small sparks are made, which lights the fur of the Antarctican polar bears. This can provide meat for several months.

Awesome
Just don't eat the liver. One may die from the vitamin poisoning.

manker
11-25-2005, 09:47 PM
To avoid spamming the Drawing Room for the second time tonight:

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1188780&postcount=155

Larfed out loud in real life, I did.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM

Awesome
If you consume too much vitamin C you pish the excess out.

Homeostasis rocks.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Homeostasis rocks.
Too bad some vitamins like D get stored and can kill you.

Polar bear liver is extremely rich in that.

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 10:27 PM

Homeostasis rocks.

Polar bear liver is extremely rich in that.

Polar bear liver is awful.

manker
11-25-2005, 10:28 PM

Homeostasis rocks.

Polar bear liver is extremely rich in that.Vitamin A, I think, is the main problem with polar bear liver. I know D is also a bit of a rogue.

There's that popular story about explorers dying from an excess of vitamin A after eating copious amounts of polar bear liver while exploring the Antarctic.

hobbes
11-25-2005, 10:45 PM

Polar bear liver is extremely rich in that.Vitamin A, I think, is the main problem with polar bear liver. I know D is also a bit of a rogue.

There's that popular story about explorers dying from an excess of vitamin A after eating copious amounts of polar bear liver while exploring the Antarctic.

This whole thread is filled with multi-thread, multi-forum ice-rodding.

I think I'll get me an apple and see if it starts making sense.

hobbes
11-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Vitamin A, I think, is the main problem with polar bear liver. I know D is also a bit of a rogue.

Polar bear liver is full of vitamin A because they all have bad acne.

hobbes
11-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Nope, that didn't help:rolleyes:

manker
11-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Is this some kind of multi-phasic, double post, quote rodding now, hobbes :unsure:

Agrajag
11-25-2005, 11:19 PM

Wasn't that dog.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Vitamin A, I think, is the main problem with polar bear liver. I know D is also a bit of a rogue.

Actually manks right.

It's pretty good that he picked up on the A/D thing tbh.

I tried to slip one past.

Busyman
11-25-2005, 11:36 PM

Wasn't that dog.
Both actually.

You refer to the eating of the sled dogs, I imagine.

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 11:44 PM

Actually manks right.

It's pretty good that he picked up on the A/D thing tbh.

I tried to slip one past.
you're a sly one aren't you

DanB
11-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I ate some chicken and chips on the way home, which goes to prove its cold as it was 0degrees(bbc.uk) compared to here :01:

DanB
11-26-2005, 12:22 AM

Ghey fucker :schnauz:

crysmileyguy!
11-26-2005, 12:32 AM
:cry: it was sunny here in jolly england :cry:!

hobbes
11-26-2005, 12:49 AM

Ghey fucker :schnauz:

'course he is. Grey Goose is French, 'nough said.

Probably wore a beret while drinking the stuff.

Says on the website that it the best tasting Vodka in the world. That's like being the best tasting rubbing alcohol, so friggin' what, you still taste like crap.

Damn pucker drinkin' beret wearing Verizon cornholer.

Can you here me now, Busyboy?!

Agrajag
11-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Wasn't that dog.
Both actually.

You refer to the eating of the sled dogs, I imagine.
Thank heavens you're here, how else would the peons understand.

Do you find condescension a chore.