PDA

View Full Version : P2P Software, Which one should i use?

Legendary U.2.K.
11-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Right now i only have ares and bit tornado install on my computer and i was wondering, what are some programs that dont have spyware/adware/virus free p2p programs i can use?

Btw i am running windows 98. Now i was gonna download imesh, but the lastest version is only window xp compatible, and i was trying to download Morpheus ultra, but i'm scared hahahaha.

What yall think?

Tuskan79
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Try using Azureus its has a friendly GUI and it will work on 98..
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

gerardpogi
11-28-2005, 12:18 AM
limewire is one of the best..

Aaron_T
11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Shareaza is quite good.

ares is actually a very good program which only uses little resoruces on your PC.

the best in my opinion at the moment is limewire, but its a bastard for taking up resources...

fsmstr007
11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Depends on your system, if it is old and has <1gz cpu, <500mb ram, in addition to running win98, then that certainly limits your choices.

Wouldn't tell you to use shareaza, as often it has lots of bugs and lacks stability.

Stick with using a bittorrent client and possibly even emule.

Unless you need or want anonymous secure filesharing. In that case mute is a good idea, probably all your system can handle. Though i2phex is far better, but takes up major resources. On a system like yours I wouldn't even say to use Share as it requires far more resources than even i2phex and has a massive local disk cache, plus consumes bandwidth like crazy.

preacher1103
11-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I use bittcomet and have never had any probloms

tree_for
12-04-2005, 12:57 PM
uTorrent is gr8 as well u guys shld try it

Aaron_T
12-04-2005, 04:38 PM

agreed, u torrent is a very good program, i find it far better than the likes of bitcomet.

j2k4
12-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I've been having pretty good luck with the FrostWire beta.

http://www.frostwire.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

infamousalbo101
12-07-2005, 02:45 AM
frost fire is not different from limewire what so everrrrrrr

j2k4
12-07-2005, 04:05 AM
frost fire is not different from limewire what so everrrrrrr

If you say so; I cannot attest, as I am only using FrostWire.

I haven't used LimeWire in years.

zarquon
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
utorrent, emule. Newsbin pro, dc++, shareaza.

mrlessk
12-15-2005, 01:57 AM
"P2P Software, Which one should i use?"

Ask that question and you'll never get a straight answer around here...:lol:

11 replies....10 different suggestions:

Azureus
limewire
Shareaza
bittorrent
emule
bittcomet
uTorrent
FrostWire
Newsbin
dc++

decisions, decisions...

Soooo, Legendary....which one did you decide on? and why?

:D

rmthegreat88
12-23-2005, 11:57 PM
they all basically connect to different networks:

-For the bittorent: Azureus, Shareaza, Bittorent, uTorrent; forced uploading

-For the Genulla network: Shareaza (also connects to the Genulla2 network), Limewire, and frostwire

-emule connects to the edonkey and overnet networks, forced uploading

-newsbin, connects to the newsgroups, you need to look around if you want more info about em', I am far to lazy to explain

-DC++: connects to the DC++ network, i have no idea how to use; ask someone else

passerbyex
12-24-2005, 09:25 AM
lol limewire is good
edonkey suxs
losa ad wares and spy wares

Fredpal
12-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Overnet 0.53
simple,quick,stable the best ever downloads at 150 Kb fast

rmthegreat88
12-25-2005, 02:53 PM
yes, but if you are downloading mostly legal things I suggest you get emule, it is a spyware free version of edonkey, check out their website.

im to lazy to find it for you, just google emule

Legendary U.2.K.
12-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Soooo, Legendary....which one did you decide on? and why?

:D

Well i have kazza lite, edonkey lite, shareaza, and i am about to check out this frost wire program soon, i also have dc++, bit tornado( which is the best torrent program ) and imesh lite, i am also waiting to check out morpheus lite when ever it comes out.

Imesh lite is the best of the normal p2p programs tho, i luv the layout.

nanotek
12-26-2005, 06:11 PM
-DC++: connects to the DC++ network, i have no idea how to use; ask someone else

check my guide for instructions :D
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t50599.html

Wolfmight
12-31-2005, 07:55 PM

agreed, u torrent is a very good program, i find it far better than the likes of bitcomet.
I just moved from Azur. to uTorrent and I feel it's better. It starts up a lot quicker and has all the same features! :rolleyes: Sweetness

erRor67
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Emule Morph (http://emulemorph.sf.net): eDonkey Network.. This program because it has all the features you will ever need. And, its kept up to date with the lastest versions of the offical emule.
Ares (http://aresgalaxy.sf.net): Ares Network. Nice program for the Ares Network.. Offical program too.
uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com): Bit Torrent Network.. Small program.. 117KB to download. Stand alone program only (no need to install). Even though its small, it has all the features you would need. Nice gui, DHT, one listening port, IP blocker, UPnP, etc etc

desihotchick
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Limewire seems clean to me.

iviyst2005
01-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Shareaza is worm filled. Limewire is fast. Emule has good stuf(but takes too long). I'm tryin to find NeoLogix Pro 2, supposedly it is the fastest one out right now! But I'm having trouble finding it!

ak68
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes, also small file size and less memory usage, tons of features, simply great

Barbarossa
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Shareaza is worm filled

Don't be dense. :ermm:

tradeinvites
01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Emule or private bittorrent sites. Bit tornado is the best bit torrent client for me. As for private bittorrent sites.. Depends on what you are looking for.
Seduction.gr
Bitme.org
Bitmetv.org
Filelist.org
Oink
Torrentit
Scenetorrents

Am I forgeting something?

tradeinvites
01-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah. Ares is great for music. Very good speed also.

LegendaryU2K
01-24-2006, 07:09 AM
At this very moment , i am not using any file sharing programs. I clean out my computer couple weeks ago and just being careful to what file sharing program i might install.

I run my own tracker tho and of course i use BitTornado & BNBT EasyTracker.

I might install emule tho, i use to use that back in the day, and its perfect. Ares is good, but it needs a new layout, big time.

Imesh use to be good, morpheus sucks. Limewire has that java crap, so its eithter emule or Shareaza( which btw works great on windows 98 se and has not spyware or worms or adware ).

ramses11
01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
emule, bt and shareaza or www.emule-mods.cc :w00t:

mufaa
01-28-2006, 07:41 AM
In the end, for me, i just use 2 softwares.

eMule (emule-project.net) for anything and everything u need ever. Ever. I have not seen any other p2p software even coming close to this gem :P It may not be as fast bittorrent, for me though, they both give about equal speed.

Bittorrent- the whole world is moving towards it and it may very well be the next best thing in p2p sharing. Its fast on new torrents, but it will be difficult to find old movies/games/appz on bittorrent. Basically the torrent life is very small compared to eMule.

randy9294
01-28-2006, 09:39 AM
In the end, for me, i just use 2 softwares.

eMule (emule-project.net) for anything and everything u need ever. Ever. I have not seen any other p2p software even coming close to this gem :P It may not be as fast bittorrent, for me though, they both give about equal speed.

Bittorrent- the whole world is moving towards it and it may very well be the next best thing in p2p sharing. Its fast on new torrents, but it will be difficult to find old movies/games/appz on bittorrent. Basically the torrent life is very small compared to eMule.

Agreed. I use emule for all the rare hard to find stuff that I can't find anywhere else. For all the rest, it's bittorrent all the way.

I use uTorrent now, and I got to say it's better than anything else I've tried. One of the great things about it is that it lets you download just the files you want from a torrent if you don't have the space to download the whole thing at once. Great feature. And, on top of that, it's the only app that hasn't slowed my computer down to a crawl.

mufaa
01-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Yea uTorrent is really great. Its size is so small, amazing.
About the feature u r talking abt, its now in about all the BT softwares. 1.4 version has introduced the bitcomet style file selection before starting the download.

hollywoodbigb
01-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone!!! I am A newbe if you can't tell. I am looking for a good movie download site. I know someone that I work with he gets his NEW movies off of a site, and he pays for them. They are great. He just wont tell me what website is. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out? I could help someone out with some programs....

Delorean
01-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Hello everyone!!! I am A newbe if you can't tell. I am looking for a good movie download site. I know someone that I work with he gets his NEW movies off of a site, and he pays for them. They are great. He just wont tell me what website is. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out? I could help someone out with some programs....

Trible post!:blink:

If you are searching for a good paying site the try newsgroups!

For more info about newsgroups visit the newsgroups section here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f79-.html

Les Boyd
01-29-2006, 01:44 PM
torrents are currently the best and fastest sources. does the actual client matter that much.

{I}{K}{E}
01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
torrents are currently the best and fastest sources. does the actual client matter that much.

that is not true.

Usenet/newsgroups always max your download speed (if you have a good server).

mufaa
01-31-2006, 06:59 AM

I dont agree. UseNet is much faster than any other p2p software. And if i am correct, UseNet is were the scene releases happen.

About the client, thats debatable. as for speed, i dont think a client matters. but its not the speed always we use different clients.