PDA

View Full Version : beeing a teacher for half an hour.

leonidas
11-26-2005, 12:07 AM
hi, I've got an oral to prepare,for my university on monday in my english lessons, the professor told me I have to find an interesting personal subject, maybe polemic, discution where everybody is meant to participate, whatever,something entertaining and interesting for about half an hour.

have you folks have any ideas?
I adress this board knowing you guys are usually full of ressources.
thanks in advance!

GepperRankins
11-26-2005, 12:14 AM
rising damp, or maybe trapeze artists

edit: oh personal :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Beeing: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/images/symbols/bee.jpg

leonidas
11-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm not sure something absurd lasts long..

twisterX
11-26-2005, 02:49 AM
go to howstuffworks.com

maybe you can find somethng there.

asmithz
11-26-2005, 03:19 AM
I'd take it all serious, get he's lesson plan, and teach the hell out of the class. "-p

Send someone i hate out, that bee cool too.

leonidas
11-26-2005, 03:28 AM
I'd take it all serious, get he's lesson plan, and teach the hell out of the class. "-p

Send someone i hate out, that bee cool too.

Yes why not.

But what about the content???? that's the point, I'm lacking of inspiration when starting from nothing.

leonidas
11-26-2005, 03:35 AM
it's just about finding an open subject.

GepperRankins
11-26-2005, 03:41 AM
just go with file sharing like everybody else who ever asked for homework tips on here has

GepperRankins
11-26-2005, 03:42 AM
or just talk about your hobby or whatever. do you play computer games, ride motorbikes, tweek cars? it's all valid mang

leonidas
11-26-2005, 03:50 AM
well my hobbies are learning foreign languages by whatching movies, travelling, and modelism, I guess I pick travelling.

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect... So I'm not sure a class with everybody talking about his travelling experience will make an interesting class.
Anyway, I'll have to be the master of ceremony wich implies beeing the one talking all the time.

GepperRankins
11-26-2005, 03:53 AM
i know nothing about any of them. send the boystrous ones out to the hallway and teach the quiet ones.

oh ja and check wikipedia

leonidas
11-26-2005, 04:10 AM
guys I'm stuck!..

clocker
11-26-2005, 04:39 AM
You could ask them for torrent invites.

leonidas
11-26-2005, 07:02 AM
You could ask them for torrent invites.

I will and I know they have lots of, but I'm willing to give them to tou only if you give me a clue on what I should do.

.....what a liar I am...

manker
11-26-2005, 08:11 AM
well my hobbies are learning foreign languages by whatching movies, travelling, and modelism, I guess I pick travelling.

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect... You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.

Gripper
11-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Ohhh la la

leonidas
11-26-2005, 10:36 AM

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect... You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.

those are not stereotypes, but real tendances, you don't know what you are talking about, whatever..

Santa
11-26-2005, 10:39 AM
reverse it
give your class 15 minutes to come up with an interesting personal subject, maybe polemic, discution where everybody is meant to participate, whatever,something entertaining and interesting for about half an hour.

manker
11-26-2005, 10:46 AM

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect...You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.those are not stereotypes, but real tendances, you don't know what you are talking about, whatever..Oh dear. I'm afraid that I do know what I'm talking about.

Sterotyping is when a person assumes that all members of a particular race, religion or social group are the same based on limited interaction with a few members of said group. I'm assuming you haven't had the opportunity to speak with every French person in order to ascertain whether they are, indeed, prone to boastfulness or have short attention spans.

You glibly stereotyped a nation, with hardly a second thought, and are exactly the sort of person I wouldn't want teaching my son.

See, I'd like an open minded teacher who would have the intellect not to subscribe to ideals such as 'French people have short attention spans'.

leonidas
11-26-2005, 11:58 AM
You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.those are not stereotypes, but real tendances, you don't know what you are talking about, whatever..Oh dear. I'm afraid that I do know what I'm talking about.

Sterotyping is when a person assumes that all members of a particular race, religion or social group are the same based on limited interaction with a few members of said group. I'm assuming you haven't had the opportunity to speak with every French person in order to ascertain whether they are, indeed, prone to boastfulness or have short attention spans.

You glibly stereotyped a nation, with hardly a second thought, and are exactly the sort of person I wouldn't want teaching my son.

See, I'd like an open minded teacher who would have the intellect not to subscribe to ideals such as 'French people have short attention spans'.

yes you're right.