PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns!!

Busyman
11-27-2005, 05:54 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Action/Superman_Returns/poster.jpgFollowing a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Superman Returns Teaser Trailer (http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supermanreturns/teaser/teaser_500.asx)

Directed by Bryan Singer (X-Men)

Stars:

http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_04135.jpgBrandon Routh (Superman/Clark Kent)
http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_05497.jpgKate Bosworth as Lois Lane

http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_06638.jpgKevin Spacey (Lex Luthor)

http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_03442.jpgJames Marsden (left) (Cyclops from the X-Men)

Also starring Frank Langella, Eva Marie Saint, Parker Posey, Sam Huntington (as Jimmy Olsen), Kal Penn, and the late Marlon Brando (using old footage)

More pics

http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_01798.jpg
http://movies.radiofree.com/photos/superman_returns_02055.jpg
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Action/Superman_Returns/supermanreturns2.jpg
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Action/Superman_Returns/supermanreturns4.jpg

Looks good (for the teaser). I thought Brainiac was supposed to be in this movie. Maybe that was the Superman that Brett Ratner was going to direct with Nicolas Cage as Superman.:sick:

Oh well June 2006!!

So now we've got

Batman
The Hulk
Spiderman
and Superman......lookin' good, lookin' good

oxygenuk
11-27-2005, 10:41 AM
wrong... (about the otherfilms)

spidey 3: 2007
batman begns 2: 2007

-.-

Skiz
11-27-2005, 11:03 AM
wtf...You can't kill off a character and then when the comic movies become popular, just decide to resurrect him. :dry:

Gripper
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Who's been killed off????????

Guyver
11-27-2005, 03:48 PM
looks like itll be good from the teaser :D, iv never really liked the old superman movies, i do like smallville tohugh lol

Busyman
11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
wrong... (about the otherfilms)

spidey 3: 2007
batman begns 2: 2007

-.-
:huh: wrong about what?

abu_has_the_power
11-27-2005, 05:29 PM
they should've cast tom welling. oh well

Busyman
11-27-2005, 05:44 PM
they should've cast tom welling. oh well
I think the fella from Supernatural would've been best.

abu_has_the_power
11-27-2005, 07:46 PM
jensen ackles? he's more of a lex character. smart and evil

gerardpogi
11-28-2005, 12:22 AM
wow cant wait `til it comes out

Adster
11-28-2005, 05:52 AM
lois lane looks hot and kevin spacey wil make a great lex

Skiz
11-28-2005, 06:25 AM

Are you serious?????? They killed off Superman in the early 90's or something. It's been awhile I know that... :ermm:

dre145
11-28-2005, 06:51 AM
speacy is a pretty good actor i love some of his movies but i dont know about lex.... plus lex and clark should be in same age group.....

I wish tom wellington did this movie

Busyman
11-28-2005, 08:12 AM

Are you serious?????? They killed off Superman in the early 90's or something. It's been awhile I know that... :ermm:
Uh....are you serious? He's been back for a decade.:ermm: It seems Doomsday didn't off 'im.

As a matter of fact, about 4 versions of him came back at that time...one was the real Supes.............we're well past that now.

Adster
11-28-2005, 09:15 AM
speacy is a pretty good actor i love some of his movies but i dont know about lex.... plus lex and clark should be in same age group.....

umm well Gene hackman would have bene 20 years older then chistopher Reeve

Busyman
11-28-2005, 09:17 AM

Same age group?:lol: :lol:

You've been watching too much Smallville.

Skiz
11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Uh....are you serious? He's been back for a decade.:ermm: It seems Doomsday didn't off 'im.

As a matter of fact, about 4 versions of him came back at that time...one was the real Supes.............we're well past that now.

I'm not going to argue this one too much, but I think you're wrong on that one. DC Comics killed off Superman in 1992. I don't know why they would bring him back just three years later? (one decade ago)

There have been several cartoons and televisions shows that had him on it. (Cartoons, Smallville, etc.) I don't believe that there was ever a new storyline anywhere that actually brought him back. Those were just new storylines of the original idea I believe.

FLipSTyLeZ
11-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow.. The main actor looks really tall and big. Anyway, Superman is like the coolest super hero ever.

Busyman
11-28-2005, 09:43 AM

I'm not going to argue this one too much, but I think you're wrong on that one. DC Comics killed off Superman in 1992. I don't know why they would bring him back just three years later? (one decade ago)

There have been several cartoons and televisions shows that had him on it. (Cartoons, Smallville, etc.) I don't believe that there was ever a new storyline anywhere that actually brought him back. Those were just new storylines of the original idea I believe.
Damn dude no wonder you like Bush. You are just as clueless.:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was back well before Smallville and the cartoon. When he came back (if my memory serves correct) there were 4 "Supermen".

Superboy
The Man Of Tomorrow
Cyborg Superman
Steel

Maybe this'll jog yer memory....remember the movie Steel play by Shaqiulle O'Neal? He was a "Superman".

Betcha didn't know Batman's back was broken and Azrael took over as Batman either. The X-Men comic books were all changed due to a timeline ripple. All the comic book names were changed and characters were different.

I understand that the only thing you know about comic books is what pops up in the national news but trust what folk tell ya sometimes.

No argument needed.:ermm:

Skiz
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
That's why I said I wouldn't argue it much....b/c I wasn't really sure. I don't know shit about comics, I just remember him dying, not any ressurrection of 4 different Supermans or whatever that was. :unsure:

As far as liking Bush, that's exactly why I like him - becasue I do pay attention to politics, not comics. :D

oxygenuk
11-28-2005, 11:06 AM
is it true cyclops will be in this?

plus, superman will never be the same for me again, the real superman is in heaven atm, RIP original superman :(

Busyman
11-28-2005, 02:13 PM

plus, superman will never be the same for me again, the real superman is in heaven atm, RIP original superman :(
Yeah, Cyclops shoots Superman with his eye beam.:ermm:

Cheese
11-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Sounds like an episode of Smallville from the description. I like Smallville but surely for the big screen Supes can do a bit more than worry about his girlfriend. Lex is back? Great, that's not boring. At least they got Kevin Spacey to play him, he's always worth a watch.

Where are the other super villians from the comics (though to be honest the films have never been much to do with the comics...).

Superman = Jesus :lol:

I thought Brainiac was supposed to be in this movie.
He was in Smallville played by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy/Angel).

david622
11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
So now we've got

Batman
The Hulk
Spiderman

don't forget the X-Men, Fantastic 4, Daredevil, and Catwoman/Electra if you count them.

Busyman
11-28-2005, 11:54 PM
So now we've got

Batman
The Hulk
Spiderman

don't forget the X-Men, Fantastic 4, Daredevil, and Catwoman/Electra if you count them.
Forgot X-Men and FF4. Still have watched had time to watch Elektra.

Daredevil (besides Colin Farell) and Catwoman sucked ass.

maebach
11-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I thought FF4, Daredevil, Elektra and Catwomen all sucked badly.

Busyman
11-29-2005, 12:36 AM
I thought FF4, Daredevil, Elektra and Catwomen all sucked badly.
Tbh, I haven't seen all of FF4 and shouldn't have endorsed it.

despikable
11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
looks like itll be good from the teaser :D, iv never really liked the old superman movies, i do like smallville tohugh lol

Same here it weird i dont like the superman movies but i really like smallville.

Busyman
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM

Same here it weird i dont like the superman movies but i really like smallville.
Smallville was made that way to appeal to a younger crowd.

It worked.

I mean some of you want Lex to be Supe's high school buddy.:lol: :lol:

:P

abu_has_the_power
11-29-2005, 11:56 PM

lol. no. cyclops is marvel comics, and superman is DC

smallville is da shit!!! I LOVE SMALLVILLE!

worldpease
11-30-2005, 01:17 AM
I thought Brainiac was supposed to be in this movie.
He was in Smallville played by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy/Angel).
Man, I didn't know Braniac had been on Smallville,
can you name the 'season-episode'?
was he as cool as in "The Adventures of Superman" cartoon?

Guyver
01-14-2006, 09:30 PM
18 new screenshots

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-et-superman15jan15-pg,0,248315.photogallery

colt45joe
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
i thought lex luther was black. kevin is white...

Guyver
01-15-2006, 03:56 AM

wtf....

{I}{K}{E}
04-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Just watched the teaser. me thinks this one will s*ck. WHY make prequel after 20 years :wacko:

They should have stopped making Superman movies after the second one ;)

LegendaryU2K
04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Just watched the teaser. me thinks this one will s*ck. WHY make prequel after 20 years :wacko:

YOu cant be serious right?

{I}{K}{E}
04-12-2006, 03:35 PM

YOu cant be serious right?

?

superman III and IV were not as good as the first 2.
why name the title superman returns when it's a prequel :wacko:

/me never liked all the new movies based on classics ;)

edit: just read some more about the plot.. maybe its not a prequel.. but then the actors are way to young :P

pellos
04-16-2006, 10:18 PM
i am a huge fan of superman. i cant wait to watch it!!!!

worldpease
06-29-2006, 05:40 AM
Strange how this thread almost died, the movie is out today.
How long do you think it will take for it to be 'available' in the comunity?;
I hope it is a high quality workprint like it was when Ep III came out.

colt45joe
06-29-2006, 09:20 AM

wtf....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Luthor1.jpg

express98
06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Strange how this thread almost died, the movie is out today.
How long do you think it will take for it to be 'available' in the comunity?;
I hope it is a high quality workprint like it was when Ep III came out.
its out today if ya know where to look but its a cam

jnintemann
07-03-2006, 04:01 AM
i'm waiting for atleast a ts before i download it, i'll probably go see it at the theater tomorrow.

mr. nails
07-07-2006, 04:42 AM
so, watched this and it was meh. guess it would be a ok film to see in the theatre, but not twice. didn't care that he now has a child. didn't like how they picked kevin to be lex. lex is tall... ks is 5'11. even with my complaints the movie was still descent. stay tuned for Superman Returns 2 in 2009.

mavers
07-07-2006, 08:16 AM
not bad special effects were ok but the ending was a bit of a letdown for me personally with todays technology i just expected a lot more.

kanji78
07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
4 me movies r better than smallville, because at the end smallville is slow in the story, no?

Blackb0x
07-08-2006, 08:45 AM
goos

DanB
07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
the film is a pile of steaming shite

Shiranai_Baka
07-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Agreed DanB. The scenes felt like they were just stacked together and leaves no room for storyline development.

Pho
07-09-2006, 03:51 AM
I think it was a decent movie, not bad and not amazing. Worth the money because the effects were awesome.

mjban
07-09-2006, 04:52 AM
I hope to see it this week...

tihp
07-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I didn't like that much... Found it to be a bit bland

xtcstylx
07-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree, movie was quite boring... didnt meet expectations

SSDD_a
07-14-2006, 02:26 AM
a good movie, not bad
thanks for the good analysis

Adster
07-14-2006, 03:51 AM
was good darker but took ages to get used to having other actors playing otehr characters

prefred Gene Hackman just took ages to see spacey their and Lois far to young it was like I was watching other characters

NiKRuLeZ
07-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Didnt like it much it was too emotional and superman has a kid :|

RealitY
07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Saw it at the theater awhile ago and was debating asking for a refund or like a free bag of popcorn or something...

davec8
07-17-2006, 05:59 PM
All these years, all the different writers, directors and actors involved in the project and it still ended up a piece of crap.

frazer
07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
it looks like a good movie well so does most movie adds but most are rubbish.:cool:

maebach
07-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

frazer
07-21-2006, 05:52 PM
is it might watch it then:)

clauf6
07-28-2006, 01:15 AM
how do I download a movie?

killshot
08-03-2006, 06:17 AM
I liked it, it was ok,

FreeDoom
08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
It has the super powers, it has the action, it has....but i think it lacks something in the story side. The scenes between him and Lois are a bit "cold" :dry:
It's not a bad movie but the original is better i think...

dioxido
08-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I went yesterday to IMAX to see it. A WE SOME!

LegendaryU2K
08-12-2006, 10:29 PM
It was good, but not great. I cant wait for part II tho, because i wanted to see more action scenes. Also the lana having a child / powers thing was stupid, they should of left that part out. Infact, the whole clark having a son thing was out of place, just focus on superman and him saving people, or whatever.

I rate it a 4/5.

good2go38756
08-13-2006, 05:13 AM
It was better then i thought it would be.............Is it as good as Superman 2 well no...............................But way above all other Superman movies, well i dont know "Quest for Peace" was a GREAT GREAT movie(At this point i hope you all know im just playing) but i did just read this............................Jude Law Rumored for Zod Role
The Superman sequel could see the return of Krypton's most vile criminal, a villain played by Jude Law.
British newspaper Express claims Jude Law is in talks to play General Zod in the planned sequel to Superman Returns.
Terence Stamp, who now voices Jor-El in the Smallville series, was the first big screen Zod in Superman II (1980).

The paper quotes a Warner Bros. source as saying: "Zod is going to be the main bad guy in the second film. Some say they should use an unknown but the director Bryan Singer is looking at Jude. The similarities between him and Stamp are clear."
Law turned down an offer to play Superman two years ago, saying: "My greatest fear is that a role like that would define me. Do I want to be known from here on in as Superman?
"I’d feel the same way about being James Bond. They are iconic characters and there is also pressure in stepping into someone else’s tights."

Reportedly, Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey will return as Superman/Clark Kent and Lex Luthor, respectively.
Bob Gough
8/10/2006
Source: The Express...................................So what are your thoughts on this?

Necrophag
08-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I liked it but i always felt it was like a remake in so many ways but other then that was a good movie and the theme tune gave me a tear nearly hehe

limesqueezer
08-13-2006, 01:46 PM
superman now: http://thetalentshow.org/images/Superman-new.jpg
superman before : http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Christopher.Reeve.Superman.jpg

BSE superman: http://www.showbizz.net/uploads/films/supermangotmilk2.jpg

I think new superman looks gay, just look at the pants, i don't think his mother could made this.

chris_griny
08-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Hello guys and gals how do i download of this site lpease tell me as i've never used this before ???

uknowhowwwed
08-13-2006, 04:36 PM
loved the movie