PDA

View Full Version : A question for Mexico residents

Skiz
11-28-2005, 04:23 AM
Living in central Texas, I've been to Mexico many times, but recently someone was telling me a "fact" that I wanted to confirm. I was warned that I should stop riding in the cabs down there since if we were in a wreck, the cab's passenger is responible and not the driver. Basically stating that since you hired the cab, you're responsible.

True or False? :unsure:

vidcc
11-28-2005, 04:33 AM
I've been there a few times myself and this is the first I have heard of it. Seems very unlikely.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-28-2005, 05:10 AM
I have spent quite a bit of time there, and I have never heard of that.

I seriously doubt that it is true. Think of how many "accidents" would happen every day if it were.

Skiz
11-28-2005, 06:27 AM

I seriously doubt that it is true. Think of how many "accidents" would happen every day if it were.

Why?? So you could pay for their vehicle to be repaired? I don't see that's a money making scheme. :ermm:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-28-2005, 06:36 AM

Why?? So you could pay for their vehicle to be repaired? I don't see that's a money making scheme. :ermm:

How many people just want the exact amount it takes to repair the vehicle?

orcutt989
11-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Thats retarded. Who in the right mind would approve of that. I think if that were true, there wouldnt be any taxi business in Mexico.

GepperRankins
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
i bet someone was in a taxi in mexico that crashed. the taxi driver blamed his passenger as not to lose his no claims bonus :shifty:

GepperRankins
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM

How many people just want the exact amount it takes to repair the vehicle?
i suppose if it's a shit tip of a vehicle you could crash it and improve it with repairs :unsure:

MediaSlayer
11-28-2005, 11:20 PM
i dunno about taxis but what's up with the kidnapping thing? i have heard from several people about non-mexican westerners getting trapped in mexican jails and held for ransom until their families pay the ransom, can anyone comment on that one?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-28-2005, 11:40 PM
i dunno about taxis but what's up with the kidnapping thing? i have heard from several people about non-mexican westerners getting trapped in mexican jails and held for ransom until their families pay the ransom, can anyone comment on that one?

Sounds more like a local sheriff trying to get his palms greased.

It is not uncommon to be stopped for speeding, then be told the ticket will cost you $13 payable right then on the spot, without any written documentation. Coincidently, $13 would be enough to pay for lunch for 2, the officer and his partner in the squad car.

GepperRankins
11-28-2005, 11:42 PM

It is not uncommon to be stopped for speeding, then be told the ticket will cost you $13 payable right then on the spot, without any written documentation. Coincidently, $13 would be enough to pay for lunch for 2, the officer and his partner in the squad car.
wow, mexico rawks. why the hell did you jump the fence?

vidcc
11-28-2005, 11:44 PM

There are safety issues concerning criminals as with all country. The latter part I suspect is that if you break the law or are suspected to have done and you are a foreigner then you will be locked up until bail is made or a fine paid. it depends a lot on circumstances...and yes there are some corrupt officials.
There are worse places and as with any visit to foreign lands one must be cautious.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-29-2005, 01:40 AM

wow, mexico rawks. why the hell did you jump the fence?

'cause them white chicas are nuttin' but hos, yo.