PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded Movies

fook_mi
04-19-2003, 12:32 PM
I know you will have heard this hundreds of times (probiabily)
but when i download a movie of kazaa the quilaty is not brill.
is there a program tht can enchance the goodness of the movie ex. sound,motion,colour?
please help
thanku
matt :(

bard
04-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Quality of the movie is totally dependent on the original source. If you go for the right sources (i.e. most DVD rips), you'll get the quality you want. Any re-encoding WILL decrease the quality, no matter what you use. Nearest to a pure re-encode you'll probably get is going from any of the MPEG4 formats (Xvid, DivX) to a full DVD length MPEG2, but obviously you'll need a DVD burner for that. Basically, if you re-encode into any heavily compressed format, you'll start creating artifacts a-plenty.
Hope that helps!

UserX
04-20-2003, 02:22 PM
yea, i've been looking all over for the same application and noluck :(. the program isn't that hard i think. in still pictures, photoshop can enlarge and sharpen to make it bigger and clearer so in theory all u need is a program that constantly enlarges and sharpens the video. then even TMD movies will be close to dvd quality :lol:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
04-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Only a miracle will save any CAM releases :lol:

If you want better quality, then check http://www.vcdquality.com and look for that version, or you can wait 'til someone verfies it and says it's good quality or not.

Philupnorth
04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
i HAVNT HAD MANY PROBLEMS WITH QUALITY ONCE I LEARNT TO ONLY DOWNLOAD MOVIES OF AT LEAST 700 MG FOR A FILM UP TO 2 HOURS LONG BUT THE HIGHER THE BETER. I MIGHT HAVE BEEN JUST LUCKY THOUGH

arkangel
04-23-2003, 05:26 AM
why go through the agonizing task of editing a cam video that isnt to get any better stick with the screeners dvd rips. if you simply cant wait for these releases and want the cam recording, then download it watch it once if you dont like it trash it if its decent share it that simple

- :pirate: -