PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns vs. USC Trojans

Skiz
12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Well it's final, the Texas Longhorns will vs. the USC Trojans for the NCAA National Championship in the Rose Bowl.

Predictions?

I think Texas will prevail. They are far more consistent in their offense and defense. USC would not even be in the game if it weren't for a few lucky plays in several games. They've been on the verge of a lose for a little while now, and Texas is going to give it to them.

maebach
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I hate USC for beating Michigan a few years back. So I'll go with Texas.

Skiz
12-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I hate USC for beating Michigan a few years back. So I'll go with Texas.

Did you know Texas beat Michagan just last year to win the Rose Bowl? :lol:

maebach
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
That's why, those bastards deserve to get owned.

Busyman
12-05-2005, 11:02 PM
The BCS got it right (finally). 2 undefeated teams....

I'll go with Texas as well.

Skiz
12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I like hearing people state that they favor Texas in this one. Being UT alumni and still living in Austin, I'm so pumped up over this game you can't even imagine. We've been sooo close in the past five years that we could taste it.

This year, we're inVINCEable! :lol:

GO HORNS!

maebach
12-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Vince carter sucks.

Skiz
12-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Who the hell is Vince Carter?:blink:

I'm getting a strong feeling that you don't know squat about NCAA football. :lol:

Busyman
12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Who the hell is Vince Carter?:blink:

I'm getting a strong feeling that you don't know squat about NCAA football. :lol:
Vince Carter is an NBA basketball player for the New Jersey Nets.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/26/Aircanada_v.jpg/300px-Aircanada_v.jpghttp://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2005/0913/photo/g_carter_195.jpgIn the Olympics, he dunked on a 7'3" Frenchman Frederic Weis which is regarded as one of the best dunks in history.

http://pics.woolnet.net/images/vincecarter.gif
Fucking embarassing, him getting sweaty nuts on his head like that.:lol: :lol:

Skiz
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Well I know who Vince Carter the NBA player is, but where does he fit into this thread? :blink:

p.s. - I've never seen that dunk though! :O NICE!

maebach
12-06-2005, 10:15 PM
you said:

"This year, we're inVINCEable!"

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-06-2005, 11:28 PM
you said:

"This year, we're inVINCEable!"

Could he happen to be talking about VINCE Young, the Longhorns quarterback? Maybe?

maebach
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
O, I didn't know.

j2k4
12-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I think I gotta go with Texas, too; Vince and the "D" will get it done.

Reggie Bush is incredible, though; he'll win the Heisman.

Vince spent too much 2nd-half time staying healthy.

Definitely the best clear matchup since the BCS began.

hobbes
12-08-2005, 12:59 AM
I hope Texas wins as everyone I work with will call in sick.

One of my collegues is a former starting quarterback for Texas, standing at about 6'6". He got the start when Applewhite got hurt.

He is a really nice guy normally, until we start talking football.

He has been a wee bit intense lately.

As a University of Missouri fan, I thought Brad Smith was the real deal, but after our massacre against Texas, I got a major shot of perspective.

Skiz
12-08-2005, 04:11 AM

One of my collegues is a former starting quarterback for Texas, standing at about 6'6". He got the start when Applewhite got hurt.

As a University of Missouri fan, I thought Brad Smith was the real deal, but after our massacre against Texas, I got a major shot of perspective.

He's lying his ass off to you. I'm Texas alumni, and I still live in Austin. Major Applewhite never had any serious injury and his replacment was Chris Simms who now starts for Tampa Bay. ;)

j2k4
12-08-2005, 11:03 AM

He's lying his ass off to you. I'm Texas alumni, and I still live in Austin. Major Applewhite never had any serious injury and his replacment was Chris Simms who now starts for Tampa Bay. ;)

Hobbes?

What will you do without your ass? :huh:

hobbes
12-08-2005, 02:38 PM

No, he is not lying, I checked out Mack Browns' site and found that he was on the first team Academic Big 12 in 1996,97, 98. He was Applewhites' roommate for a time. I'm not a Texas fan, so it may be that he was graduating as Applewhite was arriving. I should have referred to him as predominately a back up for 3 or 4 years, who did get A start his senior year. He got injured after only a few plays.

@J2,

I wish I could lie my ass off. I would then proceed to lie my love handles off. That completed I could stop this annoying jogging I do.

Skiz
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
No, he is not lying, I checked out Mack Browns' site and found that he was on the first team Academic Big 12 in 1996,97, 98. He was Applewhites' roommate for a time. I'm not a Texas fan, so it may be that he was graduating as Applewhite was arriving. I should have referred to him as predominately a back up for 3 or 4 years, who did get A start his senior year. He got injured after only a few plays.

Well after a bit of research to refresh my own memory, I can't find anything to back you up. Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't add up.

He was graduating as Major Applewhite was arriving?? Were they or were they not "roommates for a time"?

Predominantly a backup for 3 to 4 years who got a start his seior year? Well, if he and "The Major" were roomies, then I would have to assume that the year was 1999, Major was a freshman and your buddy would have been a senior. They only starter for Texas that year was Major Applewhite. The prior year was the same, and James Brown started the years before.

What is the name of this mystery QB, and can he dispute the dates in some way if he is who he states he is?

hobbes
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Well after a bit of research to refresh my own memory, I can't find anything to back you up. Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't add up.

He was graduating as Major Applewhite was arriving?? Were they or were they not "roommates for a time"?

Predominantly a backup for 3 to 4 years who got a start his seior year? Well, if he and "The Major" were roomies, then I would have to assume that the year was 1999, Major was a freshman and your buddy would have been a senior. They only starter for Texas that year was Major Applewhite. The prior year was the same, and James Brown started the years before.

What is the name of this mystery QB, and can he dispute the dates in some way if he is who he states he is?

1998 #10

Give Ricky Williams a call, I'm sure he will vouch for him.

Skiz
12-09-2005, 03:20 AM
1998 #10

Oh yes, now it's crystal clear. :dry:

I'm not trying to be a dick, but your original statement didn't add up, so I questioned it.

btw, you still haven't answered any of the above questions. :ermm:

fkdup74
12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
USC!!!!!!!

:01:

you're taking this thing slightly personal there, Skiz
no need to jump hobbes' ass just cause Texas is gonna flop :P

-edit- hey I'm only about 1 hr from away the Rose Bowl,
maybe I'll go tailgate and fuck with some Texas fans

not that I really have anything against Texas...
I'm just pissed that the 'Canes had to settle for the Peach Bowl

and I am a SoCal native, so I should show some support I guess.....

maebach
12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
bets?

hobbes
12-09-2005, 01:33 PM
1998 #10

Oh yes, now it's crystal clear. :dry:

I'm not trying to be a dick, but your original statement didn't add up, so I questioned it.

btw, you still haven't answered any of the above questions. :ermm:

It doesn't add up because he is a guy at work who talks about his days at Texas and entertains people with his behind the scenes locker-room stories. Particularly interesting are his stories about Ricky Williams.

I hear a story ever now and then, and since I'm not writing his biography I don't ask for dates or verifications.

I've given you more than enough information to Google his name, I just preferred no to use it as he may not want me to. For instance, if I relate a story here about Applewhite, he may not appreciate that I am posting that he specifically said this about him. These guys
(the players, in general) see each other all the time at alumni games and I don't want to make un-necessarytrouble for him. It is a small world.:)

manker
12-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I watched Bad News Bears last night.

Billy Bob Thornton and his witty quips actually made this sport seem exciting :smilie4:

Busyman
12-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Billy Bob Thornton and his witty quips actually made this sport seem exciting :smilie4:
:huh:

This thread is about college football.:mellow:

manker
12-10-2005, 04:31 PM

This thread is about college football.:mellow:I knew I'd get a nibble with this clumsy rig.

Whoda thunk that it would be you :smilie4:

Busyman
12-10-2005, 04:35 PM

This thread is about college football.:mellow:I knew I'd get a nibble with this clumsy rig.

Whoda thunk that it would be you :smilie4:
I know full well that was a jab to derail the thread.....

It's CaptainObvious everytime but I was bored for teh momento.:happy:

manker
12-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Nothing worse than someone who can't admit to being rodded.

You thought I believed this thread to be about baseball, I didn't.

No big deal, unless you're so insecure that it becomes a big deal.

Busyman
12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Nothing worse than someone who can't admit to being rodded.

You thought I believed this thread to be about baseball, I didn't.

No big deal, unless you're so insecure that it becomes a big deal.
Ok.