PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox 360 Is Quite Noice.

Busyman
12-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Just played over my friend's house and

Quake 4 is trying to be Halo. It's not bad...but it ain't Halo...at all.
NBA 2K6...tight.
Call Of Duty 2...tight.
Condemned....very tight.

If you aren't playing in HD you suck.

They need to bring HL2 over to the 360 pronto.

Guyver
12-05-2005, 04:29 AM

NBA 2K6...tight.
Call Of Duty 2...tight.
Condemned....very tight.

Wrong sections :P

yeh its ok, i play perfect dark, king kong, nfsmostwanted at my friends house

SingaBoiy
12-05-2005, 08:59 AM
I got Madden, PDZ, and PGR3.

Madden just seems stripped down, still great. Even though the online servers are messing up and none of the games are counting.

Follow the guide for fixing your controlls in PDZ and it is a great game, havent played on live yet.

I only do the online career for PGR3 :) Very real.

Bestbuy has been sold out of wireless controllers forever. But they just got some a few days ago. So im gonna go and trade in my wired one. Maybe get another plug-and-play kit as well.

I was working on getting a plasma tv but that isnt gonna happen for awhile :(
Looks like SDtv will have to hold me off til then :P

Busyman
12-05-2005, 11:28 AM

NBA 2K6...tight.
Call Of Duty 2...tight.
Condemned....very tight.

Wrong sections :P

yeh its ok, i play perfect dark, king kong, nfsmostwanted at my friends house
I didn't have a chance to play Perfect Dark or King Kong yet. He didn't NFS yet.

My friend just sat there and watched while I played Quake 4. I was trying to get to the point where the Strogg change me but it got too late.:ermm:

Peerzy
12-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I've played Kong, PGR3 & Call Of Duty 2 on the demo machine where i worked. For a massive store that does upwards for £40K a day we only got 11 and 8 people slept over night for the launch day. After 2 minutes and 50 seconds of opening the store all 11 were gone. The managers asked us if we wanted to reserve one (and get one of the 11) but right now it's not really worth it i don't think. NFSMW should be good on it though as the graphics are good on the pc and i've got some of the settings down. COD2 didn't look that much better, heat haze looked dodgy. PGR3 is good, but more of an online game (which i can't access from the work machine).

If Perfect Dark is as good as the original and a decent chip is released in the future i suspect i'll buy it when it goes down in price.

cpt_azad
12-07-2005, 12:29 AM
well i got my TV a while back (LCDT, 27" widescreen, perfect size for my room) now im saving up for 360, hopefully ill get it by january-ish (if theres any left).

Busyman
12-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Trust when I tell you this.....

Get an HDTV

If you wanna save for something, get that FIRST.

Don't buy a million games and whatnot

Get an HDTV

suprafreak6
12-07-2005, 01:16 AM
yeah pointless to even get 360 if you dont got an hdtv

Wolfmight
12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Yes, the xbox 360 won't even look "normal" without DVI.
Get an HD Cable/Satellite receiver and you can view the wonderful channels in HD. I personally enjoy the Equator channel.
ESPN HD is also pretty tight. I've watched the Boston RedSox playin in HD many times in the past season.

You have to make sure your system's settings are configured to 1080i to get the HD picture. I had a friend that was running is in 480i for a week and was blabbing about how HD didn't look that different. LOL, I proved him wrong.

Busyman
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Get an HD Cable/Satellite receiver and you can view the wonderful channels in HD. I personally enjoy the Equator channel.
ESPN HD is also pretty tight. I've watched the Boston RedSox playin in HD many times in the past season.

You have to make sure your system's settings are configured to 1080i to get the HD picture. I had a friend that was running is in 480i for a week and was blabbing about how HD didn't look that different. LOL, I proved him wrong.
Man, I watch Discovery HD and it is breathtaking. The desert landscape never looked so beautiful (I was watching Insectia about scorpions).

Football, basketball, hockey, CSI, all that shit goes way past having the 360 but then HD makes Condemned look like it's running on a high-end graphics card.

The PC graphics edge is over.

despikable
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Man, I watch Discovery HD and it is breathtaking. The desert landscape never looked so beautiful (I was watching Insectia about scorpions).

Football, basketball, hockey, CSI, all that shit goes way past having the 360 but then HD makes Condemned look like it's running on a high-end graphics card.

For Now:dry:

silent h3ro
12-08-2005, 02:43 AM

For Now:dry:I give it a few months and the PC will be more powerful again.

despikable
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
im going to wait till theres a more stable version out before i go out and buy one. Theres so many crashes and stuff its unbelievable i guess ill wait for a few generations of xbox. Maybe by then the ps3 will come out an dill buy that.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
For Now:dry:I give it a few months and the PC will be more powerful again.
As I told many before...

The main reason PC had the edge by default was due to images being shown on a monitor...now HDTVs are on par if not, trump monitors.

silent h3ro
12-08-2005, 10:10 PM
I give it a few months and the PC will be more powerful again.
As I told many before...

The main reason PC had the edge by default was due to images being shown on a monitor...now HDTVs are on par if not, trump monitors.:P I'm not so sure about that. Most monitors can easily top HDTV resolutions. For example, no HDTV yet can display up to 1024x1280 that I'm aware of.

maebach
12-08-2005, 10:14 PM
My friend got his today and I'm goin to play tommorrow.

EB games finally got his, he pre-ordered in september.

Busyman
12-09-2005, 12:17 AM
As I told many before...

The main reason PC had the edge by default was due to images being shown on a monitor...now HDTVs are on par if not, trump monitors.:P I'm not so sure about that. Most monitors can easily top HDTV resolutions. For example, no HDTV yet can display up to 1024x1280 that I'm aware of.
:huh:
HDTV 1080i = 1920x1080

cpt_azad
12-09-2005, 12:30 AM
:P I'm not so sure about that. Most monitors can easily top HDTV resolutions. For example, no HDTV yet can display up to 1024x1280 that I'm aware of. :huh:
HDTV 1080i = 1920x1080

owned, nuff said.

silent h3ro
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
:huh:
HDTV 1080i = 1920x1080

owned, nuff said.I meant 1600 x 1200 but its just a wider version of it...

Busyman
12-09-2005, 07:07 AM
I understand.

It is easy to accidentely mix up 1600 x 1200 with 1024x1280.

SingaBoiy
12-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Show me an LCD monitor that can do 10000:1 contrast :P

maebach
12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I meant 1600 x 1200 but its just a wider version of it...
I understand.

It is easy to accidently mix up 1600 x 1200 with 1024x1280.

:lol: :lol:

maebach
12-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I played Perfect Dark today and I dont think itwas that amazing. The graphics didn't meet my expectations but the gameplay and features were nice.

SingaBoiy
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
I played Perfect Dark today and I dont think itwas that amazing. The graphics didn't meet my expectations but the gameplay and features were nice.
What kind of tv are you playing on?

maebach
12-10-2005, 03:59 AM
It was a hdtv toshiba tv.I dont know much more about his tv.

SingaBoiy
12-10-2005, 05:40 AM
@Gam3Guy -

Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Which monitors can do that?

cpt_azad
12-10-2005, 05:46 AM
fuck, my friend brought over his 360 so we could try it out on 720p (1080i if we could, but that didnt happen :( ). wow, that's all i gotta say. we first tried it on my old tv (same size, 27", not widescreen tho) and it looked pretty good, much much better than the 1st xbox (halo2 and pgr3). then we hooked it up to my 27" LCD widescreen tv...HOLY FLIRKING SNIT, it's a world of difference. now i wanna cry cuz i dont have a 360 yet i have kickass widescreen HDTV ready LCD TV in my bedroom mocking me :( :( :( have to wait till mid january b4 i can get it here in surrey :( :( :(

Busyman
12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
@Gam3Guy -

post 17:mellow:

SingaBoiy
12-11-2005, 11:58 AM
@Gam3Guy -

post 17:mellow:
Exactly :mellow:

silent h3ro
12-12-2005, 03:20 AM
@Gam3Guy -

The DELL UltraSharp 2405FPW (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?TabPage=techspecs&sku=24053YR&category_id=4009&c=us&l=en&cs=19) can do 1920 x 1200. :P

@Busyman - I know I didn't mix the two resolutions up, I just didn't wan't to make an ass of myself. :lol: :P

silent h3ro
12-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Got my Xbox 360 today for Christmas and man does it own! I'm really looking forward to getting a Xbox Live Gold account soon and owning on Call of Duty 2. I really wan't Halo 3 to come out NOW!! :P

maebach
12-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I guess you wont be joining abu and I in our l33tsorz css games anymore :snooty:

SingaBoiy
12-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Got my Xbox 360 today for Christmas and man does it own! I'm really looking forward to getting a Xbox Live Gold account soon and owning on Call of Duty 2. I really wan't Halo 3 to come out NOW!! :P
Get madden so I can own your ass. :P

silent h3ro
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I guess you wont be joining abu and I in our l33tsorz css games anymore :snooty::lol: I still will pwn both of ur l33t asses. :P

silent h3ro
12-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Get madden so I can own your ass. :PHehehe I got Live yesterday I just wish I could afford Madden. I bet u would own me in Madden.. :P

Smith
12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm waiting for my store to get it, so I can buy it and then sell it for double the price.

A buddy of mine that works at a Source in a different town said he got one on launch date, and someone called and asked if his store had any. HE said no and gave away that he owned one. The guy offered him 3000$ for it and he took it, bought the Acer package off our online store (26' Acer with Xbox 360 for 1200$) and gave the tv to his parents for christmas. Crazy eh?

silent h3ro
12-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Whoa crazy shit... that must have been one rich bastard.

SingaBoiy
12-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Make sure you check out Target when you buy your games. But I think its just the madden in my city that has the games marked at the wrong price.

They're all marked at $50 :D It range up as $60 but I didnt notice cause I bought some other stuff at the same time, then I noticed when I got home. So I went back and got my $10.xx back :lol:

EDIT: I should buy a bunch and sell them for $55 on ebay :P

suprafreak6
12-28-2005, 07:44 AM
lucky you all

maebach
12-30-2005, 04:02 AM
rly

erRor67
01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
PS3 is going to own XBox360 hands down... Microsoft doesnt have a chance. :P

Guyver
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM

agreee, im a playstation fanboy lol

Busyman
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM

agreee, im a playstation fanboy lol
I agree and I'm a logical fella.

maebach
01-04-2006, 02:41 AM
I use to like Nintendo, but I'm never going back after the gamecube was so dissapointing.

Busyman
01-04-2006, 03:01 AM
I use to like Nintendo, but I'm never going back after the gamecube was so dissapointing.
I usually buy em all anyway.

Things to consider....

Use the best system for multiplatform games (games that came out on all of the systems) and it's exclusives.

Any other system is good just for it's exclusives.

For instance, I only have PS2 and GC games that were exclusive to those systems. Most of my games are on Xbox. It has the fastest load time and the best graphics. A game like Need For Speed Underground II is best on Xbox.

ApacNTS
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
pretty much the same as busyman. only reason i bought the gc was for resident evils. playstation was the best when it came out, then xbox launched and well the rest is history, xboxlive is the keypoint, and good multiplayer games make it a must have system.

maebach
01-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Resident Evil 4 was the best game I've ever played. It was addicting and scary, without that NGC was a dead system. If they had more Mature games and didn't focus so much on Mario I would've liked it more.

3RA1N1AC
01-05-2006, 05:20 PM
is everyone aware of the news that Nintendo Revolution is going to essentially be a faster GameCube, as far as its internal parts are concerned? i read a brief interview with Nintendo Of Japan's president a while ago, where he hinted in so many words that he considered graphics to be a low priority and people should expect Nintendo to focus more upon unique input devices (like the DS stylus, the Revolution's magic-wand controller). i thought "aha! GBA was a mini SNES, DS was a mini N64, and Revolution is going to be a repackaged GameCube."

so, more recent reports finally confirm this. they're pretty much using the same microchip designs already used by GameCube, just running them at a faster speed and adding a bit more RAM. not to say that Revolution will necessarily suck, but i think it's going to really depend on how well that novelty controller works, and how well it's put to use by game-developers, 'cause Revolution is clearly not going to be a contender for best graphics (they're not even going to bother with high-definition display, apparently).

Busyman
01-05-2006, 05:35 PM
is everyone aware of the news that Nintendo Revolution is going to essentially be a faster GameCube, as far as its internal parts are concerned? i read a brief interview with Nintendo Of Japan's president a while ago, where he hinted in so many words that he considered graphics to be a low priority and people should expect Nintendo to focus more upon unique input devices (like the DS stylus, the Revolution's magic-wand controller). i thought "aha! GBA was a mini SNES, DS was a mini N64, and Revolution is going to be a repackaged GameCube."

so, more recent reports finally confirm this. they're pretty much using the same microchip designs already used by GameCube, just running them at a faster speed and adding a bit more RAM. not to say that Revolution will necessarily suck, but i think it's going to really depend on how well that novelty controller works, and how well it's put to use by game-developers, 'cause Revolution is clearly not going to be a contender for best graphics (they're not even going to bother with high-definition display, apparently).
No high def? They can suck a dick.

3RA1N1AC
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
yeah, their rationale is: customers didn't use the dvd-resolution (480p) display that was available on GameCube, so why bother with high-def? but the thing is, Nintendo made it so difficult to access in the first place.

the component video cable was only available directly from Nintendo's online shop, only some games supported 480p (and only some of those supported widescreen) and the ones that didn't were unable to use the component cable at all. you'd have to fall back to the composite/svideo cable for non-480p games. then the system's menu didn't have a permanent 480p option, you just have to remember the correct button to press on the controller to activate 480p every time you boot the games.

then they finally removed the component video jack completely from the back of the GameCube's new models sometime in 2004, as a cost-cutting choice. and now they wonder why nobody used the 480p option. well gee, maybe if they'd publicized it and made it easy to use...

Nintendo's attitude toward enhanced & high-def is just baffling and eccentric.

Busyman
01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
yeah, their rationale is: customers didn't use the dvd-resolution (480p) display that was available on GameCube, so why bother with high-def? but the thing is, Nintendo made it so difficult to access in the first place.

the component video cable was only available directly from Nintendo's online shop, only some games supported 480p (and only some of those supported widescreen) and the ones that didn't were unable to use the component cable at all. you'd have to fall back to the composite/svideo cable for non-480p games. then the system's menu didn't have a permanent 480p option, you just have to remember the correct button to press on the controller to activate 480p every time you boot the games.

then they finally removed the component video jack completely from the back of the GameCube's new models sometime in 2004, as a cost-cutting choice. and now they wonder why nobody used the 480p option. well gee, maybe if they'd publicized it and made it easy to use...

Nintendo's attitude toward enhanced & high-def is just baffling and eccentric.
I wonder was a high-def option available on the Japanese GC.:huh:

maebach
01-05-2006, 07:55 PM
No high def? They can suck a dick.

Japs are smart, they may know what they're doing.

ApacNTS
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
well since they are ahead of us in technology anyway, maybe they've simply upgraded their own system for w/e it is they have while the rest of us are years behind. i still dont have a Hi-Def tv, although i want one, now with xb360, everyone is raving how much better it looks. be nice to get the full expierence. of course i could always plug it up to the old monitor and be wowed heh.

btw: nice sig maebach, much better than the other one :)

maebach
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
well since they are ahead of us in technology anyway, maybe they've simply upgraded their own system for w/e it is they have while the rest of us are years behind. i still dont have a Hi-Def tv, although i want one, now with xb360, everyone is raving how much better it looks. be nice to get the full expierence. of course i could always plug it up to the old monitor and be wowed heh.

btw: nice sig maebach, much better than the other one :)

thanks. I also want a hdtv. We have a high-def lcd projector, but games don't play well on it (NGC/Xbox). Our 2nd tv is 27' crt and is slowly dying (10+ years old). So my dad and I are looking for a hdtv, because everything from now on is going to be hd.

silent h3ro
01-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Yea playing Xbox 360 on an LCD is just not the same as HDTV is. You can really notice some imperfections in the image and it looks bad at lower resolutions because of the stretched image. I spent $40 on the VGA cable and now I need money to buy an HDTV...

Busyman
01-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I just played a demo of Fight Night Pound 3 on the 360 and it was fucking amazing!!

My friend dled it on Xbox Live.

Also I saw the trailer for Lost Planet and it looked like Final Fantasy Spirits Within mixed with Mechassault with a little GTA.

silent h3ro
01-08-2006, 10:50 PM
The most badass 360 game is NFS: Most Wanted. Period. :)

silent h3ro
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Damn Lost Planet sounds badass too. :P

silent h3ro
01-09-2006, 12:54 AM
If Perfect Dark is as good as the original and a decent chip is released in the future i suspect i'll buy it when it goes down in price.I don't understand why u will need to buy a chip for ur 360 if ur gonna buy it ne ways. :blink: :frusty:

SingaBoiy
01-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I just played a demo of Fight Night Pound 3 on the 360 and it was fucking amazing!!

My friend dled it on Xbox Live.

Also I saw the trailer for Lost Planet and it looked like Final Fantasy Spirits Within mixed with Mechassault with a little GTA.
Nice catch :D Downloading now.

@Gam3Guy - He means buy a 360 :P Get Madden noob.

Im like 32-17. About 6 of those were cause I was fucking around cause the Madden servers werent updating, so I figured it was keeping track :frusty:

maebach
01-10-2006, 01:56 AM
today, my friend got PGR3, we played it during lunch break, and it's amazing. The different races, cars and opponent's cars. With Hi-Def, its just eye-popping. I cant think of any other good adjectives, but its really good.

silent h3ro
01-10-2006, 01:59 AM
My friend's school has Xbox stations but mine doesn't. :dry: PGR3 is reallistic and very hard to get good at but once u do its really fun although I haven't gotten that great at it.

StriderX7
07-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah PGR3 is really realistic which is one of the reasons why I love it so much!

suprafreak6
07-27-2006, 06:30 PM
wow way to bring back a thread from the dead strider

Damnatory
07-28-2006, 04:29 AM

At least it's proof that noobs do know how to use the search function. :P

cpt_azad
07-28-2006, 07:20 AM

At least it's proof that noobs do know how to use the search function. :P

lol, they're smarter than us :O

btw I love your avatar, freakin hilarious :lol:

@ strider:
oh and for the record, PGR3 is anything but realistic :huh: how you can call it realistic is beyond me, pick up forza motorsport then you might get a taste at realism.

Busyman™
10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Assassin's Creed (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13658&type=wmv)

I thought this was a PS3 exclusive.:O

BioShock (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13584&type=wmv)

I thought that was only for PC.

anas_uddin
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Both those games look wicked....