PDA

View Full Version : NZB Sub Sections

RealitY
12-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Were thinking about having sub sections for the NZB Section as follows...

Movies & TV
Music
Software
Games
Miscellaneous

Damnatory
12-07-2005, 04:25 AM
I say YES The NZB section is getting VERY cluttered.
However, can it be done so that threads are automatically sorted into the proper subsections from the "Submit an NZB" page, based on which icon you use (i.e. software icon, xvid icon etc etc...) and made so that no thread can be posted without the icon selection? This way you can keep the "Submit an NZB" form in the same place, and not have to worry about jumping from forum to forum while adding NZB's? And would save trouble of having to moderate and add the icon to people who've forgotten it.

Another thing, we should really get that dynamic dating thing implecated on the threads, as people are starting to bump extremely old threads and then getting upset when they get text file downloads instead of RAR's...

RealitY
12-07-2005, 05:14 AM
It would be similar to the Hash Section with a drop down for what section you want the thread posted in. You can take a look at it the current one HERE (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=13). As for icons I think Music Software and Games could be done automatically so that those that are forgotten would auto post. As for the Movies & TV area it would have to to be selected or when forgotten added as it is now.

Regarding the dynamic post age will hopefully be done soon but as rossco has been busy lately it has had to wait for a bit. I am looking forward to this also and hope it might prevent some of the outrageous post bumping...

Damnatory
12-07-2005, 05:22 AM
Yeah I see what you mean now by the dropdown menu. Thats awesome, so long as the "submit" page automatically puts it in the proper subsection that is selected in that dropdown menu.

untraceable2
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
i vote yes, will make it alot easier to find what your looking for.

backlash
12-07-2005, 02:58 PM
yeah. sounds good. When I'm searching for specifics it makes it MUCH easier to have sections.

freesoftrocks
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
if those groups will be separate pages, it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a customizable header page, so that we all can see lets say 5 newest things from each group on one page.
This way it will be easy for us to decide to which group to go rather then going to all five of them every time.

RealitY
12-07-2005, 08:58 PM
if those groups will be separate pages, it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a customizable header page, so that we all can see lets say 5 newest things from each group on one page.
This way it will be easy for us to decide to which group to go rather then going to all five of them every time.
Thats an interesting thought...

nicnac
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
i vote yes ... for speed and ease of use....peace

Filliz
12-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I've not been using this section for a while now but I do think it would look much better.

mike_linux
12-08-2005, 03:27 AM
Here's another idea- with the "thank you hack" in place old nzb's are moved to the top of the forum whenever someone posts a thank you... it would be better if messages with replies aren't moved to the top but instead are organized by the date on which the thread was started.

Damnatory
12-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Here's another idea- with the "thank you hack" in place old nzb's are moved to the top of the forum whenever someone posts a thank you... it would be better if messages with replies aren't moved to the top but instead are organized by the date on which the thread was started.
Thanks to Rossco, we have this function already, in upper-right hand corner of the nzb section, in any skin, there is a link to sort threads by date, rather than by post.

RealitY
12-08-2005, 06:10 AM
That was the reason we put that there so youde have the choice...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=80&s=&pp=0&page=0&sort=threadstarted&order=desc

insertdisk
12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes please - that would be great.

Chewie
12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I vote Yes.

I have been wondering for the last week whether music related applications such as VirtualDJ, WinAmp Pro, Cakewalk, Reaon etc. go into the music section.
I've been giving them a Software icon because that's what they are.

Damnatory
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I have been wondering for the last week whether music related applications such as VirtualDJ, WinAmp Pro, Cakewalk, Reaon etc. go into the music section.
I would agree with that, as they are software. The only exception I can think of is Music DVDr's, as they fit both music and DVDr section, I would select Music.

RealitY
12-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I would agree with that, as they are software. The only exception I can think of is Music DVDr's, as they fit both music and DVDr section, I would select Music.
I agree on both...

top25
12-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I voted yes but would like too see the DVD section separated from the TV so basically one listing all DVD-Rs.any upgrade as in separating the section would be fine though.

mike_linux
12-13-2005, 05:27 PM
That was the reason we put that there so youde have the choice...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=80&s=&pp=0&page=0&sort=threadstarted&order=desc

Now that the sections have been split up, it appears that only the movies section has retained this feature. Thanks for pointing it out, but it'd be nice tom implement it in the rest of the sections as well.

RealitY
12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I voted yes but would like too see the DVD section separated from the TV so basically one listing all DVD-Rs.any upgrade as in separating the section would be fine though.
Thinking to many sub sections might be to much so leaving the filter there for now instaed.
Wondering what your thoughts are on that...

untraceable2
12-13-2005, 11:26 PM
i like it, specially now you changed the filters.
p.s. like the new icons.
keep you the good work.

top25
12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Thinking to many sub sections might be to much so leaving the filter there for now instaed.
Wondering what your thoughts are on that...

Yes i like it either way Reality but if we where able to click on the DVD or TV episode icon and then all we see is DVD's or TV shows that would be cool too because im able to do that at alot of torrent sites i am at so this would not be a new category but categories the dvds and tv post individually when the icon is clicked,other than that thanks for the I really like the catergories,and it does not take up much space like you said that's good.:)

RealitY
12-14-2005, 02:32 AM
if we where able to click on the DVD or TV episode icon and then all we see is DVD's or TV shows
Thats a good thought also and Ive seen this at other sites also.
Have to run it by rossco since hes the wizard at this stuff...

:) :)

top25
12-14-2005, 08:28 AM
ok cool :cool: