PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the new 24 season commercial!!!

twisterX
12-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Whats going on frank. My names not frank its jack bower.

Oh shit i cant wait for the next season. !!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ziggyjuarez
12-07-2005, 04:26 AM
shows gay.

twisterX
12-07-2005, 04:27 AM
you dont know whats good ziggy. :no2:

ziggyjuarez
12-07-2005, 04:32 AM
Lost,prison brake,robot chicken,the simpsons,earl,everybody hates chris.

Skiz
12-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Kiefer Sutherland is the worst actor actor ever.

How many days in a row is he gonna save the world?

I agree. Ghey.

Guyver
12-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Cant say iv ever watched an episode b4 lol. so yeh Ghey...

poil11
12-07-2005, 06:03 AM
is it online somewhere?

muchspl3
12-07-2005, 06:14 AM
what the fuck

24 > your life

Jack Bauer shouldn't be compared to Jesus, but he died for his country twice, and lived to tell about it.

Mr. Mulder
12-07-2005, 08:24 AM
24 > other stuff.

for it is written.

Cheese
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Kiefer Sutherland is the worst actor actor ever.

What is an "actor actor"?

Edit: I agree with the sensible people here that 24 is indeed great.

asmithz
12-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Don't like the show eaither

Yogs
12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
season 1: wow....:w00t:
season 2: Yawn......:dry:
season 3: ................:frusty:

tesco
12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I llike the show. :snooty:

Just hate Jack in it, why does he always have to be the one to save the world.

Busyman
12-07-2005, 02:27 PM

From the words of the Uk'ans:

'Cause he's American.

=====

Last couple times I saw it he helped save America, not the world.:pinch:

He saves the world in season 4, silly.:ermm:

Skiz
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
What is an "actor actor"?

The worst kind. :P

ahctlucabbuS
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
It has it's share of republican messages, but for entertainment it's okay.

To this date, season two were best.

Busyman
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM

What Republican messages?:huh:

Gripper
12-07-2005, 06:07 PM
24 is great...nuff said

ahctlucabbuS
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM

Instead of CNN they show Fox news during those news feeds. :P

The word I should have used is 'undertones'. It's more a feeling than something concrete, so feel free to brush this off as bullshit on my part. ;)

Edit: The values, worldview, and the show's perception of America's rightful position in the world is what give rise to those feelings on my part. Enough said.

Busyman
12-07-2005, 06:16 PM

The word I should have used is 'undertones'. It's more a feeling than something concrete, so feel free to brush this off as bullshit on my part. ;)
That's BULLSHIT!!!

:mellow:

ahctlucabbuS
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
That's BULLSHIT!!!

:mellow:[/QUOTE]

See edit. Frankly, I don't care. ;)

Cheese
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM

Edit: The values, worldview, and the show's perception of America's rightful position in the world is what give rise to those feelings on my part. Enough said.

I agree.

tesco
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM

'Cause he's American.

=====

Yup that's what I meant to type but i was tired:ermm:

He doesn't save the world in season 4 tho, unless something happens after the 12th episode that invovlves the whole world :unsure: (dont tell me).

Gripper
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
He dies and becomes Bruce Banner and roams the highways of amerikey helping those less fortunate...cue music

Cheese
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
He dies and becomes Bruce Banner and roams the highways of amerikey helping those less fortunate...cue music

That beats him crying like a sissy girl at the end of the third series...

Skiz
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM

That's just marketing bro, not Republican "overtones". :lol:

You can bet Fox pays for that.

manker
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I've only seen series one so far - series 2 in the post from Dave. S01 rawked.

Jack cried like a sissy girl about three times in one episode, maybe the 22hr ep - plus he didn't kick nearly enough arse. I hope this important issue gets addressed in the later series :smilie4:

Busyman
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
That's BULLSHIT!!!

:mellow:

See edit. Frankly, I don't care. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well I ain't Republican and don't see Republican values in the show.

As far America fighting terrorism or whateverthehell well....it's an American show based in America...involving counterterrorism ffs. From what I see, some folks think any show (or movie) that's popular and has America kicking any ass or playing hero gives rise to certain "feelings".

Pure entertainment for me. :happy: To each his own.

Cheese
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Exactly. Some people like to/can only watch a show or film on just one level (as pure entertainment) without thinking about what messages the writers are trying to convey, how successful they are at this, what hidden agendas there maybe, how they manipulate the viewers (both for the shows purpose and for any political message they may want to bring across).

I say watch the show just for entertainment unless you intend for example to be a scriptwriter or something and need to examine and learn elements of the craft.

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...:ermm:

Mr. Mulder
12-07-2005, 07:03 PM
yeah Jacks american and saving the world, but he's cool as fuck so it evens out :dabs:

so even, one might refer to it as "steven" :mellow:

Cheese
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
yeah Jacks american and saving the world, but he's cool as fuck so it evens out :dabs:

so even, one might refer to it as "steven" :mellow:
I prefer to pretend he is a kindly Canadian lending a helping hand.

Edit: KS was born in England:01:

ahctlucabbuS
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM

The first point about fox were meant as a joke, sort of. ;)
It does indicate which side of the fence the producers prefer though. [I doubt it's paid marketing, with the show airing on fox. If it is, it coincides well with their need for a news source other than CNN.]

@Busyman. It's the way I see it, and may not be purely republican. Though more prevalent amongst them for sure, IMO.

In any case, it's propganda - I mean - entertainment. To each their own indeed.

Edit: Cheese said it well.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Exactly. Some people like to/can only watch a show or film on just one level (as pure entertainment) without thinking about what messages the writers are trying to convey, how successful they are at this, what hidden agendas there maybe, how they manipulate the viewers (both for the shows purpose and for any political message they may want to bring across).

I say watch the show just for entertainment unless you intend for example to be a scriptwriter or something and need to examine and learn elements of the craft.

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...:ermm:
Oh I do something similar but I look at the story elements, music, sound effects, and acting quality so the people watching can be entertained...if I wanted to convey a political message, that can be thrown in as long as well placed.

Imagery, symbolism, and everything else is great but the show still may suck.

24 is pure visceral action done right...symbolism can suck ass.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 01:10 AM

The first point about fox were meant as a joke, sort of. ;)
It does indicate which side of the fence the producers prefer though. [I doubt it's paid marketing, with the show airing on fox. If it is, it coincides well with their need for a news source other than CNN.]

@Busyman. It's the way I see it, and may not be purely republican. Though more prevalent amongst them for sure, IMO.

In any case, it's propganda - I mean - entertainment. To each their own indeed.

Edit: Cheese said it well.
It's a Fox TV show and they used Fox News. Picture that.

I don't understand why they didn't use a competitor owned by another company.

It must be the Christian right spewing their views in an action series.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 01:36 AM

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...:ermm: Oh I do something similar but I look at the story elements, music, sound effects, and acting quality so the people watching can be entertained...if I wanted to convey a political message, that can be thrown in as long as well placed.

That's why 24 was a good show because it caters to the simple-minded with lots of gunfights, car chases, handsome actors and cool music whilst providing strong character development, plot development and other elements of the storytelling craft to the more demanding audience.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh I do something similar but I look at the story elements, music, sound effects, and acting quality so the people watching can be entertained...if I wanted to convey a political message, that can be thrown in as long as well placed.

That's why 24 was a good show because it caters to the simple-minded with lots of gunfights, car chases, handsome actors and cool music whilst providing strong character development, plot development and other elements of the storytelling craft to the more demanding audience.
I don't know about all that shit. Shows with gunfights, car chases, cool music, blahblahblah, are a dime-a-dozen.

Character development and blahblah is shit if it's boring.

24 is an excellent mix.

The main draw to 24 is cliffhangers. A good cliffhanger has to be developed properly and create lots of tension. 24 does it beautifully.:D

Jack Bauer is not the deepest character in the world. He gets the job done even by skirting rules. I did like how he was essentially addicted to drugs in one season though.

Many folk get the gist of show without psychoanalyzing it. Hell even folks who like the show think many times it is far-fetcched but that doesn't stop them from liking it...well not everyone actually.:unsure:

I remember a friend of mine who made good music but mine was like better.
He took music theory. I did not.

Plot and character development is the skeleton but it in itself does not entertain. It's just the starting point.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 02:45 AM
So I should have a show with the right mix of character/plot development, violence, cool music and loads of cliffhangers. Maybe a cliff-hanger at every ad-break?

Shame Prison Break beat me to it with its 56 cliffhangers an episode but don't even get me started on that show.

Mmm, so a lot of the popularity of the show (24) has to do with the cheap trick of the cliffhanger. Much like a soap-opera uses. Interesting.

I guess Lost uses a variation of this with its "onion layer mystery" thing it has going on. "Tune in next week when we reveal the answer to your questions with more questions".

The more I think about it the more I realise television sucks.

Proper Bo
12-08-2005, 03:06 AM

noot sky sports, football and aerobics oz style:naughty:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:09 AM

And Soccer AM ftw.:01:

Proper Bo
12-08-2005, 03:12 AM
And Soccer AM ftw.:01:

aerobics oz style>soccer AM:rolleyes:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00007JGFM.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
:naughty:
http://killakoala.smugmug.com/photos/19295562-S.jpg

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:18 AM
Helen Chamberlain > leotard wearing aussie bints

Proper Bo
12-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Helen Chamberlain > leotard wearing aussie bints

:dabs:

Busyman
12-08-2005, 11:23 AM
So I should have a show with the right mix of character/plot development, violence, cool music and loads of cliffhangers. Maybe a cliff-hanger at every ad-break?

Shame Prison Break beat me to it with its 56 cliffhangers an episode but don't even get me started on that show.

Mmm, so a lot of the popularity of the show (24) has to do with the cheap trick of the cliffhanger. Much like a soap-opera uses. Interesting.

I guess Lost uses a variation of this with its "onion layer mystery" thing it has going on. "Tune in next week when we reveal the answer to your questions with more questions".

Your entire post just illustrated how geekyoveranalyzation = nonenjoyment.:mellow:

Everyone else will keep though.:happy:

Mr. Mulder
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
never took to Prison Break :ermm:

24 -> Prison Break

Sleeper Cell's going brilliantly imo, lots of religious babble and stories of how Americans have treated them unfairly, and occasionally vice versa. There’s not been any cliff-hangers either. The only thing that could spoil it would be a big heroic ending, 24 style :snooty:

still like 24 though :snooty:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM

The more I think about it the more I realise television sucks. Your entire post just illustrated how geekyoveranalyzation = nonenjoyment.:mellow:

That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.

It is hardly "geekyoveranalyzation", it is not even over-analysis just a refusal to accept that these shows are anything other than average despite what the fan-boys insist. I didn't say I don't enjoy television, I said it sucks.

KFC sucks but I'll buy one of a weekend. Smoking sucks as well, in fact that might be the better analogy. Smoking is addictive and so is this style of average television, got to have that Nicotine-fix/Lost-fix. People just seem to fall into these routines.

Fortunately watching banal television won't reduce your life expectancy, it will just make it duller. And like cigarette smoke in your clothes/hair you won't even realise it.

crysmileyguy!
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
how many seasons r there? im on season 3 episode 15 right now :unsure:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
how many seasons r there? im on season 3 episode 15 right now :unsure:
Then you might want to stop reading this thread. I'm a cunt for spoilers.

4 seasons btw. Fifth one comes out next year.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Your entire post just illustrated how geekyoveranalyzation = nonenjoyment.:mellow:

That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.

O Rly? There should be a period after please.

It is hardly "geekyoveranalyzation", it is not even over-analysis just a refusal to accept that these shows are anything other than average despite what the fan-boys insist. I didn't say I don't enjoy television, I said it sucks.

KFC sucks but I'll buy one of a weekend. Smoking sucks as well, in fact that might be the better analogy. Smoking is addictive and so is this style of average television, got to have that Nicotine-fix/Lost-fix. People just seem to fall into these routines.

You are buying a KFC? I thought you to be the poor college student. You need a period after 'well' and a capital i for 'in'. You need a period after television.......

Fortunately watching banal television won't reduce your life expectancy, it will just make it duller. And like cigarette smoke in your clothes/hair you won't even realise it.

How does watching television make my life expectancy duller? Starting sentences with 'And'?

Of course it's "geekyoveranalyzation"......

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...

Why are you 'examing' a show's messages? English student or professor? I thought 'its' needed and apostrophe when denoting possession?

Is 'realise' the Brit spelling of realize?

Most folk don't have to realize a show sucks like it's a revelation. People watch 24 and like it. I've read critics reviews of movies and those critics have to break the movie down. However, I've many times where there could be numerous flaws and they still liked the movie.
I remember you saying the same about BSG...yet the masses love it.

I actually am a more discerning viewer 'cause the only way I can watch a show is within the limits of TIVO space. If I don't like a show it gets the axe. I don't have time to watch out of habit. I haven't watched one episode of Nip/Tuck and am just halfway through the 1st episode of Sleeper Cell....so far it's not that good...but I'm only up to where he's following the woman.

24 grabs you from the get go. It is supposed to be a thrill ride and a nailbiter.

American TV, as many say, rawks!!! :happy:

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:12 PM

'Cause he's American.

=====

Yup that's what I meant to type but i was tired:ermm:

He doesn't save the world in season 4 tho, unless something happens after the 12th episode that invovlves the whole world :unsure: (dont tell me).
Sorry meant season 5.:(

Cheese
12-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Of course it's "geekyoveranalyzation".....
It just comes naturally to me, probably because of my increased intelligence. Don't worry I'm not being condescending I'm far too busy thinking of things you wouldn't understand.

Naw, it rawks like a Zinger Burger does but I wouldn't serve it up for a dinner party.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Don't worry I'll be here when 24 repeats itself for the fifth time and we all suffer from deja-vu-boredom, when Lost becomes so absurd because the writers don't have a clue what's going on either and when Prison Break implodes under the weight of all those cliff-hangers. And I'll laugh, probably watch it all mind which is the sad thing.

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:34 PM
It just comes naturally to me, probably because of my increased intelligence. Don't worry I'm not being condescending I'm far too busy thinking of things you wouldn't understand.

I always thought you as the smartest little doggy. True, I don't understand why you sniff the balls of certain male dogs while ignoring others.

Naw, it rawks like a Zinger Burger does but I wouldn't serve it up for a dinner party.
Well if Zinger Burgers taste good, they rawk. :duh:

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Don't worry I'll be here when 24 repeats itself for the fifth time and we all suffer from deja-vu-boredom, when Lost becomes so absurd because the writers don't have a clue what's going on either and when Prison Break implodes under the weight of all those cliff-hangers. And I'll laugh, probably watch it all mind which is the sad thing.

Well maybe not that busy...:happy:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" in the average episode of 24.:O

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
:(

Busyman
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" the average episode of 24.:O
True dat.

You gotta learn how to multitask...you college student you.:happy:

manker
12-08-2005, 02:50 PM

O Rly? There should be a period after please.

You are buying a KFC? I thought you to be the poor college student. You need a period after 'well' and a capital i for 'in'. You need a period after television.......

How does watching television make my life expectancy duller? Starting sentences with 'And'?

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...

Why are you 'examing' a show's messages? English student or professor? I thought 'its' needed and apostrophe when denoting possession?

Busyman is funny - in a DWTLKW.

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 02:52 PM

i thought you were doing red writing then. i was about to phone the post office to stop that parcel

manker
12-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" in the average episode of 24.:O
:lol: :lol:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 02:57 PM

I didn't even notice he'd tried to correct my grammar. Most of it is wrong though. For instance, "its" does not have a possesive apostrophe when denoting ownership. The hatred of comma use is also quite bizarre as I would get shot down in my essays for such short sentences that Busyman suggests. It is probably best not to correct an English student on his grammar when you do not have a clue yourself.

I did spell "examining" wrong though, I often do.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyhow I'm a fucking poet in'it so you can consider all my posts to be a form of free-verse and thus not bound by any rules of grammar/punctuation/speeling.

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
i haven't read this thread, but i kinda take sniping about grammar to be the tactics of whoever is losing :dabs:

Busyman
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM

I didn't even notice he'd tried to correct my grammar. Most of it is wrong though. For instance, "its" does not have a possesive apostrophe when denoting ownership. The hatred of comma use is also quite bizarre as I would get shot down in my essays for such short sentences that Busyman suggests. It is probably best not to correct an English student on his grammar when you do not have a clue yourself.

I did spell "examining" wrong though, I often do.
Well I tried. :happy: Yeah I know it's is only in contractions but I tried a double whammy.

Still though you shouldn't always throw stones at targets...especially when they're laid out for you.

It's not cool. I do like the "my proffesssor didn't corrrect me so it must be right" stuff though.

Quality.

manker
12-08-2005, 03:06 PM

i thought you were doing red writing then. i was about to phone the post office to stop that parcelGawd no.

Btw, he said that he multi-tasks again - plus there was a TIVO reference in another thread.

Busyman FST Drinking game:

One shot of vodka each if he says I multi-task.
Girls drink if he tries to defend his haircut.
Toke of the bong if he mentions his fucking tivo or 96" telly.
Shotgun a can of Special Brew if he pretends he hasn't got bitch titties after being rodded about them.
A pinch of salt all round if busy makes out that teh lay-deez love him.
Treble brandy if he displays humility (unlikely, so don't worry about getting the VSOP in).
Finish your drink when he attempts to normalcise owning six guns, a pile of shuriken and having a seventeen foot fence around the garden.
Sip of Carling when JP pwns him (thought the forfeit better didn't ought to be harsh for that one).

Guarenteed to get even the sturdiest northerner pished within one hour of FST browsing.

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 03:09 PM
i'd be gone in a post. no shame in it. cheap night IMO :snooty:

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
It's not cool. I do like the "my proffesssor didn't corrrect me so it must be right" stuff though.

Quality.
You don't spell "professor" or "correct" like that. This might help for future reference:

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

Make sure you get the American English dictionary, I know how you Americans are with your crazy spelling and bad TV shows.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Guarenteed to get even the sturdiest northerner pished within one hour of FST browsing.

Northerners can not read though.

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 03:22 PM

Northerners can not read though.
here, have a fuck you!

ps i is like the only person here without speelcheck :snooty:

Busyman
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Gawd no.

Btw, he said that he multi-tasks again - plus there was a TIVO reference in another thread.

Shotgun a can of Special Brew if he pretends he hasn't got bitch titties after being rodded about them.
Treble brandy if he displays humility (unlikely, so don't worry about getting the VSOP in).
Finish your drink when he attempts to normalcise owning six guns, a pile of shuriken and having a seventeen foot fence around the garden.
Sip of Carling when JP pwns him (thought the forfeit better didn't ought to be harsh for that one).

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cool.

I multitask...I mean I multi-task.
I thought it was the naming of the cut.
...I have no fucking time I must TIVO it so I can watch it on my 96" telly. (that's weird...I have rarely mentioned the size of my "telly"..oh well.:huh: )
They're pecs, you jealous bitches. :snooty:
Got me on that one. I'm with one woman.:huh:
Oh yes that haircut is gheyer than mank's assthumbery. I really should stop mentioning TIVO and use VCR like everyone else. My titties hang lower than my balls.
I bought the house with the fence. I'm not going to tear it down. I've had those shuriken since childhood. They're in a display case. Some shit jumps off I can protect my family better than if I didn't have a weapon.
Awaits JP.......

Drink up motherfuckers!!!:angry:

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 03:25 PM
k.

Cheese
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Gawd no.

Guarenteed to get even the sturdiest northerner pished within one hour of FST browsing. :lol: :lol: :lol: Cool.

I multitask...I mean I multi-task.
I thought it was the naming of the cut.
...I have no fucking time I must TIVO it so I can watch it on my 96" telly. (that's weird...I have rarely mentioned the size of my "telly"..oh well.:huh: )
They're pecs, you jealous bitches. :snooty:
Got me on that one. I'm with one woman.:huh:
Oh yes that haircut is gheyer than mank's assthumbery. I really should stop mentioning TIVO and use VCR like everyone else. My titties hang lower than my balls.
I bought the house with the fence. I'm not going to tear it down. I've had those shuriken since childhood. They're in a display case. Some shit jumps off I can protect my family better than if I didn't have a weapon.
Awaits JP.......

Drink up motherfuckers!!!:angry:

Great now I'm shit-faced.

GepperRankins
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
do we get owt if he mentions his wang? :dabs:

jk busy. you know i love you