PDA

View Full Version : new member

lfc4ever
12-07-2005, 01:50 PM
hi
i have been reading alot about torrent file sharing and decided to take the plunge as limewire seems to be slowing down i have downloaded utorrent and forwarded ports and checked my firewall (xpsp2) and all seems ok do i need to check anything else.

manker
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, your poor choice of football team :dry:

Wrt torrents; not really - give it a go, if it doesn't work then post what problem you have in the BT section (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=43).

Welcome, btw :01:

Gripper
12-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello...come in,may I take your coat.
Do you know how to decorate?
Try d/loading something,if you get good speeds all is well'you may get a problem with windows firewall,turn it off and install a decent free one.

lfc4ever
12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks for the welcome didnt need any advice about the football team though at least were through

Yogs
12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
hi
i have been reading alot about torrent file sharing and decided to take the plunge as limewire seems to be slowing down i have downloaded utorrent and forwarded ports and checked my firewall (xpsp2) and all seems ok do i need to check anything else.

Maybe some free space on your HD..........:unsure:

manker
12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
thanks for the welcome didnt need any advice about the football team though at least were throughSad but true. Sad because of the boring way that you, and Chelski, play the beautiful game.

Okay, you don't need football advice - how about a loan of a comma? :P

lfc4ever
12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
i have 1 movie to date it took 2 days for a 1.4gig dl ave speed 16kbs
my specs are
p4 3.06ghz 2mg ram 4x512mb matched pairs 2mb broadband 200g hdd
which firewall would you suggest
thanks

manker
12-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, that's a bit too slow. It may just have been a poorly seeded torrent, however.

Kerio personal firewall has always worked well for me. The XP firewall is shite, you're far better off disabling it and installing a proper one.

lfc4ever
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks for that manker ive just downloaded kerio and disabled xp,ill try for another dl and see how it goes.
best of luck for tonight

sArA
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Don't encourage him....he is a Man U fan who lives in Wales :lol: and has an Even Steven with a Temper Fade in the back haircut...the ultimate geptard....

fecking manker.... :lol:

manker
12-07-2005, 02:59 PM
thanks for that manker ive just downloaded kerio and disabled xp,ill try for another dl and see how it goes.
best of luck for tonight:o

Thanks for that - a decent scouser!

Hope the download goes smoothly.

Btw, I don't know why Sara is paying me so many compliments but it's likely a trap. I find it's always best to ignore the mods - unless you're taking the piss out of them, obviousement.

enoughfakefiles
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
best of luck for tonight:o

Thanks for that - a decent scouser!

Hope the download goes smoothly.

Btw, I don't know why Sara is paying me so many compliments but it's likely a trap. I find it's always best to ignore the mods - unless you're taking the piss out of them, obviousement.

He's not really a scouser.:rolleyes:

lfc4ever
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
well the download went as badly as your lot,started off at a good rate 80kbs then just went to sleep 6kbs,its been like that for 2 hours now
going to uninstall utorrent and try azureus instead.
btw enoughfakefiles i am a true scouser i was just being pleasant because it was my first post,ill remember to show my natural born hatred to anybody born outside of the pool in future !!!!!!!

manker
12-07-2005, 11:17 PM
The torrent isn't as bad as 'us lot' - it's only gone to sleep for two hours.

United have been that way for nigh on a year now :dabs: