PDA

View Full Version : µTorrent 1.3 released

{I}{K}{E}
12-10-2005, 05:43 PM
µTorrent 1.3 is finally out after a long wait! The biggest change in µTorrent 1.3 is the support for unicode. I decided to bump the revision number to 1.3 because of the big changes required to support unicode!

It should also give a little bit better upload speed for people on fast connections.

Full changelist:
- Feature: UNICODE!
- Feature: Added option to enable/disable internal tracker.
- Feature: Detect encoding field in a torrent and parse filenames accordingly.
- Feature: Support crashdumps on pre-WinXp.
- Feature: Added option to sort downloads based on the label.
- Feature: Autodetect if the language textfile is utf8 or ansi.
- Feature: Rate limit DHT traffic.
- Feature: Nicer availability graph.
- Feature: Added setting to control how fast utorrent tries to connect to new peers.
- Change: Increase the amount of connects a bit.
- Fix: Error message in tray would sometimes not go away
- Fix: Don't count a seed as a download if there are free seed slots (#68)
- Fix: Change random port selection
- Fix: Upload a little bit more aggressively
- Fix: ulslots wasn't saved properly on restart.
- Fix: Support piecesize 16k.
- Fix: Use atomic movefile when saving resume file on XP
- Fix: Better utorrent.exe.log if translation loading fails
- Fix: Fix bug that DHT got stuck in (Login)
- Fix: Fixed some crash bugs. (Thanks to the crash dumps)
- Fix: Hopefully worked around the file open crash. (Caused by Adobe Acrobat 7).
- Fix: Fix crash bug if an invalid filename is selected in the opendialog.
- Fix: Fix crash when removing torrents.
- Fix: Fix sorting in pieces tab

:source: Source: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3272
:view: Homepage: http://www.utorrent.com/
:down: Download Link: http://utorrent.com/download.php

thebing
12-12-2005, 12:52 AM
i saw that one of the tracker sites i use, banned the 1.3 version, because there are bugs and a bad sending ratio data

mr. nails
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
lol, that's funny. this program tries to be so good too...

kuskmaster
12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
is it better than bitcomet, or the same?

asmithz
12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
better

Yoga
12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
i saw that one of the tracker sites i use, banned the 1.3 version, because there are bugs and a bad sending ratio data

really? what site is this.

Yoga
12-18-2005, 06:01 AM
After the oink ban for bitcomet, I gave it a try and its seems to works well. Reminds me of abc (clean and with little clutter). Didn't have to install either. :P

ahctlucabbuS
12-18-2005, 06:39 AM

That all depends. It's way resource friendly, however I've found that the speeds literally SUCKS compared to bitcomet with my connection. The difference is huge.

Hopefully this is all fixed with this version... :rolleyes:

Yoga
12-18-2005, 07:15 AM

That all depends. It's way resource friendly, however I've found that the speeds literally SUCKS compared to bitcomet with my connection. The difference is huge.

Hopefully this is all fixed with this version... :rolleyes:

I agree. Bitcomet works well with my router.

S!X
12-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Im testing this out atm, I originally used bittornado, then went to azurues which sucked cuz its a resource hog, I hope I get an accurate ratio with this oink...

n18
12-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I cant belive the little resources this thing uses. I'm totally in love :). Now i keep like 20 torrents seeding cause it doesnt use up my resources. Everyone should use this.

gumati
12-21-2005, 12:31 PM
it works great with me

xpu
12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
i think its really good :cool: i have used azureus for a long time but when i tested utorrent i loved it :w00t: very good and low resources :01:

DanB
12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
i think its really good :cool: i have used azureus for a long time but when i tested utorrent i loved it :w00t: very good and low resources :01:

ditto :schnauz:

kazaaman
01-01-2006, 06:25 AM
The download speeds are low for me (35-55 kb's) on torrents (even popular ones). With Azureus it goes like 125-150 kb's but it rapes my memeory :(. Anyone know anything I can do to fix speed issue with uTorrent?

-Thanx

mr. nails
01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
The download speeds are low for me (35-55 kb's) on torrents (even popular ones). With Azureus it goes like 125-150 kb's but it rapes my memeory :(. Anyone know anything I can do to fix speed issue with uTorrent?

-Thanx
i just recently went back to utorrent 1.3.1 then 1.3.2 and i'm not having ur prob. i've been getting dl's like 100-400 k/s. but again, depends on the seeders and what not...

rsabin
01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Best client (today).

lynx
01-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Best client (today).Nope, 1.4 is best
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t109853.html

shk
01-31-2006, 10:31 PM

-Thanx

For one, make sure Network Options have 0 set to both global upload/download. Second, you can try increasing the number in Torrent Options for the first 3 (not too much). For more in depth fixes you should check out their forum, they have articles that involve going into advanced settings and REALLY tweaking it to the extreme.

Menelthor
02-01-2006, 07:56 PM
After switching to uTorrent from BitComet after Oink and a couple of sites banned it, I'm a total convert to uTorrent now. It's perfect, super low on resources and a REALLY useful feature which is that you can limit your upstream when downloading, and have unlimited upstream when seeding. I had to do this manually before (crucial on my aDSL to get any kind of download speeds).

As soon as the download's finished, bam, full speed up and seeding heaven. Love it.