View Full Version : Boxings just aout to start

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:04 PM
On ITV1

Amir Khan v Some Guy

then Audley Harrison v Danny Williams.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Is "aout" a French word, it certainly looks like it.

enoughfakefiles
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Is "aout" a French word, it certainly looks like it.

manker will be pleased.:D

/edit i think the boxing would be more interesting if amir khan boxed audley harrison.FTW:01:

manker
12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Displeased would probably be a better summation, that coupled with the missing apostrophe has ruined my night.

JP, would a sparsely punctuated commentary be too much to ask, not arsed about the Kahn fight but I'd like to hear about the heavyweight clash later.

I'm grounded this evening with no telly :dabs:

manker
12-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Chroist, talking of Lionel Ritchie one minute, tales of being grounded with no tv the next. How old am I meant to be.

People will start thinking I'm mentalist.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Khan won, Some Guy stopped (by ref) in round 2.

Big fight starting soon.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Harrison getting very mixed reception from crowd, lots of jeering.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Williams avoiding Harrisons stare out.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Williams roughing Harrison up in the first round, he's there for a brawl. Harrison moaning to ref, I think he still wants amateur rules.

manker
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Why don't people like Audley Harrison, he's not fought anyone decent but then he's said right from the start that he was gonna work his way into the pro division, feeling his feat, before mounting a serious challenge on the top belts.

Seems like a decent enough chap when I see him doing interviews too.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Harrison really doesn't want to fight close. Working behind jab and clinching close up.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Great right from Williams then they both fall down.

Williams threw another punch when they were both on the ground.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Why don't people like Audley Harrison, he's not fought anyone decent but then he's said right from the start that he was gonna work his way into the pro division, feeling his feat, before mounting a serious challenge on the top belts.

I don't think he's "one of them".

Degree, sounds middle class, sees boxing as a career.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Harrison bleeding (slight) from left eye.

Crowd chanting "Danny, Danny"

manker
12-10-2005, 09:54 PM

Degree, sounds middle class, sees boxing as a career.Degree in Sport Science tho', but.

Bit harsh on the chap. Not really a proper degree - it's like one notch up from poetry or something.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Very slow pace with bouts of activity. That will help Harrisons suspect stamina.

Crowd jeering lack of action.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:56 PM

Degree, sounds middle class, sees boxing as a career.Degree in Sport Science tho', but.

Bit harsh on the chap. Not really a proper degree - it's like one notch up from poetry or something.
He also lives in Las Vegas, with his American wife.

Proper Bo
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
hey, I nearly got an A-level in Philosophy, till I dropped it:01:

manker
12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Degree in Sport Science tho', but.

He also lives in Las Vegas, with his American wife.Ah.

What a ponce.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Harrison very canny, Williams winning round 5, but seriously lacking in ideas.

Crowd really booing the lack of action now.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
He also lives in Las Vegas, with his American wife.Ah.

What a ponce.
Oh and he's moderately eloquent, flash bar steward.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Big slow hand-claps now.

You wouldn't throw either of these out of the way to get into a fight.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:05 PM
:unsure:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:06 PM
No problem with the Harrison cut.

Harrison throwing out insipid jabs.

Williams doing feck all.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:08 PM
End of round 7, Harrison looks frightened, Williams looks devoid of ideas.

Nothing in it, coz they are both pish.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Glad I didn't shell out £15 on PPV :dabs:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Crowd chanting "box, box, box, box"

Can't see it happening.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Glad I didn't shell out £15 on PPV :dabs:
http://caribzones.com/06czadvocate2.jpg

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Round 9 (of 12), anybody can win it.

Rare territory for Harrison tho'.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Chants of "what a load of rubbish"

There's only one World class fighter there .... Amir Khan.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:17 PM
R10

Williams throwing a lot of punches at the start of the round, Harrison looks knackered.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Harrison down to a right hand

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Williams going for the finish.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Then stops and does feck all.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Big round for Williams.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:22 PM
R11

Big round for Harrison

Got Williams again

Trying to finish it.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Williams fighting back, both men knackered.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Big Danny taking it on points?

Proper Bo
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Big Danny taking it on points?
There's youngsters reading this you know:rolleyes:

JPaul
Probably, but judges, politics and so forth.

Wiliams giving it his all in R12

GepperRankins
why isn't audrey fighting someone i've heard of?

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Harrison throwing a flurry of punches, but too tired to keep it going. No stamina.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Both men just too tired to fight now.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Big haymaker from Williams, just missed.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Fight all over, waiting for judges.

One suspects that Harrison will get the decision, whether it's right or not.

If so the crowd will go mental.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Williams looks confident, Harrison doesn't.

JPaul
Split

JPaul
116 113 Williams

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
114 113 Harrison

JPaul
116 112 Williams

JPaul
Williams by split decision.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Feck :dabs:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Harrison was rubbish - career over, methinks.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Nah, temporary glitch.

Rematch in three months and career resumed. Now the good Yanks won't be bothered about fighting him so provided he wins the rematch, it could actually fast-track his progress toward a belt.

Provided, that is, he morphs from being shite to goodish.

Guillaume
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Who let you out of sportsworld, you filthy sweaty plebs? :snooty:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Nah, temporary glitch.

Rematch in three months and career resumed. Now the good Yanks won't be bothered about fighting him so provided he wins the rematch, it could actually fast-track his progress toward a belt.

Who's coming up with the money for the re-match. Williams is now a contender for some specious of World title, why would he fight Harrison again, unless there's a big purse.

Harrison really was shite, it wouldn't be a big enough draw to justify the expense. He's really just a big amateur and still fights like one. Pro boxing, as you know, is a different game.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Who let you out of sportsworld, you filthy sweaty plebs? :snooty:
That had feck all to do with sport, garcon de book.

DanB
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
i thought harrison would knock him the fuck out

manker
12-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Nah, temporary glitch.

Who's coming up with the money for the re-match. Williams is now a contender for some specious of World title, why would he fight Harrison again, unless there's a big purse.

Harrison really was shite, it wouldn't be a big enough draw to justify the expense. He's really just a big amateur and still fights like one. Pro boxing, as you know, is a different game.Bloke in the pub said it was written into the contract - rematch if Harrison loses. Mate of a mate of Enzo Calzaghe, apparementement.

You know the type - full of shite.

Anyhow, I had no reason to disbelieve him and it does sound like the smart thing for Harrison to have done, avec vingt/vingt hindsight :shutup:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
i thought harrison would knock him the fuck out
Nah, they were both rubbish, but Harrison was rubbisher.

He really is still an amateur.

Money Fist
yay Brixton boy won :D

JPaul
Newcastle 1 Arsenal 0

oh sorry, wrong thread.

manker
12-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Newcastle 1 Arsenal 0

oh sorry, wrong thread.Shearer was a cheating cunt in that game - but the ref let him off.

Quelle surprise.

enoughfakefiles
12-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Newcastle 1 Arsenal 0

oh sorry, wrong thread.Shearer was a cheating cunt in that game - but the ref let him off.

Quelle surprise.

In the interview just now he said that bolton get away with.:snooty:

manker
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Shearer was a cheating cunt in that game - but the ref let him off.

Quelle surprise.

:blink:

Er, what :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
12-10-2005, 10:59 PM

MOTD

Being rough.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM

MOTD

Being rough.
I think he's suggesting you may have missed a word at the termination of your original post.

P'raps not.

DanB
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Dat is true cos I am watching it too

manker
12-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, missing wordage.

So in order to justify cheating like the cheating cunt he always has been - he says that Bolton are a bit rough, the geptard.

He was shit scared of Keane :snooty:

Aaron_T
12-10-2005, 11:12 PM
he held his hands up and admitted that he should of been carded though :unsure:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, missing wordage.

So in order to justify cheating like the cheating cunt he always has been - he says that Bolton are a bit rough, the geptard.

He was shit scared of Keane :snooty:
Bad boys are also bad, so me being bad is OK.

It's sort of like the torture debate, only more important.

keyser_soze
12-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I hav'nt watched boxing for a few years because of the lack of, for the want of a better phrase "X" factor in our uk fighters, the last uk fighter who was exciting to watch was naseem and our heavyweight contenders for a long time have been about as exciting to watch as watching paint dry :( but the fight I watched tonight was as if the health and safety executive had been in and said no more that 10 punches a round, pathetic :angry: and TBH when it got to the end I was'nt bothered who had won it coz they were as crap as each other.
B4 any1 posts reminding me how hard it is I boxed amateur from 1984 till 1991 so know exactly how hard it is.

JPaul
12-10-2005, 11:28 PM
B4 any1 posts reminding me how hard it is I boxed amateur from 1984 till 1991 so know exactly how hard it is.
No you don't.

Pro boxing is an entirely different game. Ask Audley Harrison, he thought the same.

keyser_soze
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro boxing is an entirely different game
Yeah when your amatuer your getting punched by another amatuer and when your pro your getting punched by another pro the main difference being that amateurs hav'nt met a gangster yet whos made them a pro but believe me the punches don't feel any different :rolleyes:

Proper Bo
12-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I used to kickbox if that counts?:01:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Pro boxing is an entirely different game
Yeah when your amatuer your getting punched by another amatuer and when your pro your getting punched by another pro the main difference being that amateurs hav'nt met a gangster yet whos made them a pro but believe me the punches don't feel any different :rolleyes:
They really do, a lot.

If they didn't top amateurs wouldn't have to start at the pish end of professional boxing, in short fights.

They are eased into professional boxing, coz it's a totally different game. I thought everybody knew that.

manker
12-10-2005, 11:51 PM
They really do, a lot.

If they didn't top amateurs wouldn't have to start at the pish end of professional boxing, in short fights.

They are eased into professional boxing, coz it's a totally different game. I thought everybody knew that.The three round fights and head-guards kinda gave the game away to me :dabs:

JPaul
12-10-2005, 11:54 PM
They really do, a lot.

They are eased into professional boxing, coz it's a totally different game. I thought everybody knew that.The three round fights and head-guards kinda gave the game away to me :dabs:
:lol:

That and the refs stopping clinches and the scoring area of the gloves.

manker
12-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I heard the other day that the TA is almost exactly the same as the regular Army.

Except the TA is bank clerks fucking about in tents on the weekend and the Army train to fight wars, like.

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 12:03 AM
I used to kickbox if that counts
Yes it does m8 :)

They are eased into professional boxing, coz it's a totally different game. I thought everybody knew that.
Its not a case of being eased into it, shorter rounds make for better quality fights, u have less time to impress the judges and the judges are totally unbiased and not paid off I thought every1 knew that.

The three round fights and head-guards kinda gave the game away to me
3 rounds explained I think if u disagree try fighting 3 rounds flat out or 10 rounds at your own pace you'll know what I mean. and as for headguards u get knocked out by the concussive effect of the punch and the headguards are to stop getting cuts on thin skinned bony areas of the face, which if you lucky enough to go pro u dont want to have easily opened cuts or scar tissue especially as most amatuers start as kids, would u want your son coming home with split eyes?

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 12:07 AM
I heard the other day that the TA is almost exactly the same as the regular Army.

Except the TA is bank clerks fucking about in tents on the weekend and the Army train to fight wars, like.

I've watched a lot on tv about space flight but that does'nt make me an astronaut.
you watch a lot of fights on tv?

manker
12-11-2005, 12:10 AM
The three round fights and head-guards kinda gave the game away to me
3 rounds explained I think if u disagree try fighting 3 rounds flat out or 10 rounds at your own pace you'll know what I mean. and as for headguards u get knocked out by the concussive effect of the punch and the headguards are to stop getting cuts on thin skinned bony areas of the face, which if you lucky enough to go pro u dont want to have easily opened cuts or scar tissue especially as most amatuers start as kids, would u want your son coming home with split eyes?My point was that they are different in many ways, I was agreeing with JP.

You've completely backed up his point by pointing out the differences.

No-one said pro-boxing is better than amateur boxing, just that the two disciplines are different. Kinda like Rugby League and Rugby Union, just because you're really good at the one, it doesn't necessarily follow that you'll be good in the other.

Got it?

manker
12-11-2005, 12:12 AM

I've watched a lot on tv about space flight but that does'nt make me an astronaut.
you watch a lot of fights on tv?Hardly any. Only the big ones or if a Welsh boxer is involved.

However, I seem to have the upper hand in literacy - care for a debate.

Proper Bo
12-11-2005, 12:13 AM
you only watch welsh boxers? you racist!

manker=nazi

manker
12-11-2005, 12:19 AM
you only watch welsh boxers? you racist!

manker=naziI do throw the occasional, cursory glance at the guys who fight against the Welsh boxers :snooty:

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 12:20 AM
sorry your agreeing with comments about amateur being the pish end of boxing and short rounds seemed to insinuating that amatuer boxing was nowhere near as hard as pro boxing aswell as the comment that I did'nt know about boxing which if I've picked up wrong I apologise :) as for the debate on literacy there is no debate. you are far cleverier than me your use of the english language is exquisite your probably better looking than me and have more money but what the hell I'll post anyway.

Proper Bo
12-11-2005, 12:29 AM
sorry your agreeing with comments about amateur being the pish end of boxing and short rounds seemed to insinuating that amatuer boxing was nowhere near as hard as pro boxing aswell as the comment that I did'nt know about boxing which if I've picked up wrong I apologise :) as for the debate on literacy there is no debate. you are far cleverier than me your use of the english language is exquisite your probably better looking than me and have more money but what the hell I'll post anyway.

theyr'es so meny speling misteakes in their that i thinck its a rodd

manker
12-11-2005, 12:30 AM
sorry your agreeing with comments about amateur being the pish end of boxing and short rounds seemed to insinuating that amatuer boxing was nowhere near as hard as pro boxing aswell as the comment that I did'nt know about boxing which if I've picked up wrong I apologise :) I posted in agreement when JP pointed out that it was a totally different game, he said:

"it's a totally different game. I thought everybody knew that."

I replied:

"The three round fights and head-guards kinda gave the game away to me :dabs:"

I thought that was fairly unambiguous.

as for the debate on literacy there is no debate. you are far cleverier than me your use of the english language is exquisite your probably better looking than me and have more money but what the hell I'll post anyway.:lol:

I agree, but maybe you've got the edge on modesty :blushing:

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
theyr'es so meny speling misteakes in their that i thinck its a rodd

as for the debate on literacy there is no debate. you are far cleverier than me your use of the english language is exquisite your probably better looking than me and have more money but what the hell I'll post anyway.
same applies to u forgive my ignorance I did'nt realise I was discussing the art of knocking fuck out of each other with 2 of the civilised worlds highest forms of intelligence.

manker
12-11-2005, 12:38 AM
as for the debate on literacy there is no debate. you are far cleverier than me your use of the english language is exquisite your probably better looking than me and have more money but what the hell I'll post anyway.
same applies to u forgive my ignorance I did'nt realise I was discussing the art of knocking fuck out of each other with 2 of the civilised worlds highest forms of intelligence.Well, now ya do.

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Honoured I'm sure.

manker
12-11-2005, 12:46 AM
It's your own fault for posting rubbish in the first place.

You posted that the main difference between amateur and professional boxers was that pros had met a gangster who offered them money.

The best word to describe that statement is ... pish :dabs:

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Think of how many good amateur fighters there are in the world and divide that by the amount of pro fighters there are who are managed by ppl who have more form than red rum and u might see what I mean, frank warren, don king, read the pros biographies and see how after becoming pro they were took to the cleaners by there managers, any1 who thinks pro boxing is about 2 men skilled at there craft fighting it out and the best man winning is a bit nieve to say the least.
hey perhaps you could do like a workshop for ppl like me who were let down by the education system because they were branded a loss by thier teachers cos they were interested in girls and getting drunk just when they were taking thier exams, fetch your dictionary I'll bring my theasaurus its only propping up a short table leg anyway :cool: then there could be some good come from this post.
btw I'm quite good at french oral

manker
12-11-2005, 01:14 AM
btw I'm quite good at french oralHow marvellous, but I'm not interested in your cyber talk.

Seriously, what are you on about. That little soliloquy is relevent to nothing. People get exploited in every sport and every walk of life. It's not specific to boxing and has absolutely nothing to do with Audley Harrison being a good amateur but a mediocre pro.

As to your second paragraph (I use the term loosely); how right you are, everyone knows that being able to adequately construct a sentence and fucking girls are mutually exclusive.

How nieve of people to think otherwise.

Agrajag
12-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Think of how many good amateur fighters there are in the world and divide that by the amount of pro fighters there are who are managed by ppl who have more form than red rum and u might see what I mean, frank warren, don king, read the pros biographies and see how after becoming pro they were took to the cleaners by there managers, any1 who thinks pro boxing is about 2 men skilled at there craft fighting it out and the best man winning is a bit nieve to say the least.
hey perhaps you could do like a workshop for ppl like me who were let down by the education system because they were branded a loss by thier teachers cos they were interested in girls and getting drunk just when they were taking thier exams, fetch your dictionary I'll bring my theasaurus its only propping up a short table leg anyway :cool: then there could be some good come from this post.
btw I'm quite good at french oral
Fair point, I can only apologise for not seeing that before.

keyser_soze
12-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Cyber talk?

soliloquy
I don't know what that means :blushing:

It's not specific to boxing and has absolutely nothing to do with Audley Harrison being a good amateur but a mediocre pro.

it has everything to do with it,maybe audley harrison was not that good of a boxer anyway he just owed money to the right ppl or was a good marketing prospect.
please stop making your comments more complicated and using bigger words you know I have limited communication skills and grammar, its a bit like saying to a blind man did u see that, its just not fair :cry:
as for getting back to the fight/original post I thought it was pathetic and a care much less about what you think and u can use that term as "loosely" as u like.
Goodnight
1 love :cool:

enoughfakefiles
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
it has everything to do with it,maybe audley harrison was not that good of a boxer

Did they just give him the gold medal.:blink:

Agrajag
12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
it has everything to do with it,maybe audley harrison was not that good of a boxer

Did they just give him the gold medal.:blink:
Amateur's a totally different game mate.

He's just not that good as a pro.