PDA

View Full Version : hey clocker! if yer really bored....

fkdup74
12-11-2005, 04:28 PM
....or anyone else for that matter....

tell me about sound cards :wacko:

I really feel the need to get off the onboard audio, but...
feckin Creative has about a gazillion different cards FFS
Audigy2, Audigy4/Pro, Live!, Platinum eX, X-FI....

I was thinking about this:
http://www.pcclub.com/product_details.cfm?itemno=A5118259

clocker
12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
I've been looking at the X-Fi systems, primarily because of the "Crystalizer" headphone enhancement (all of my listening is done through 'phones) and also to eliminate the awful DFI daughtercard placement.

I cannot claim any special expertise in sound or videocards though, which is why I rarely make recommendations regarding them...I simply don't know/care enough to research the fields.

Wanna talk about cooling?

Didn't think so.

fkdup74
12-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Wanna talk about cooling?

why not? I got nothin else to do :lol:
(certainly don't feel the need to see the 'Niners get stomped again today :dry: )

although I really am not messing with any cooling atm
the 3500 Venice runs about 25-27C on stock cooling.....me likes

I know you been messin with liquid cooling, but fecked if I know how that's been going
the Sprocket thread was just too many damned pages for me :P

suprafreak6
12-11-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah man i agree with the ^ my processor is at around 21-30 C at all times

clocker
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Yuppers.

The new 90nm AMD chips run very cool and don't require much in the way of special treatment.
Video cards on the other hand have gotten hotter and hotter, although my (limited to three) experience with the 7800 series shows me that nVidia did something right as they seem to be quite a bit cooler out of the box.

If I told you there was some great pr0n hidden in the links of Sprocket's thread would you be enticed to go back and read it all?

Virtualbody1234
12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Yuppers.

The new 90nm AMD chips run very cool and don't require much in the way of special treatment.
Video cards on the other hand have gotten hotter and hotter, although my (limited to three) experience with the 7800 series shows me that nVidia did something right as they seem to be quite a bit cooler out of the box.

If I told you there was some great pr0n hidden in the links of Sprocket's thread would you be enticed to go back and read it all?
I think there will be future generations of graphics cards that use 90nm or even smaller. Cooler running, lower consumption and faster. Something to look out for. :w00t:

fkdup74
12-12-2005, 12:14 AM

dunno....I am pretty lazy
you'd prolly have to make it popup on me or somethin,
then I'd feel obliged to investigate further....:naughty:

ApacNTS
12-12-2005, 01:39 AM
cant deny those sexy pics, riveting as each one was posted :P

clocker
12-12-2005, 12:41 PM

dunno....I am pretty lazy
you'd prolly have to make it popup on me or somethin,
then I'd feel obliged to investigate further....:naughty:
You'll have to figure out how to "make it popup" all by yourself, thank you.
Puberty helps.