PDA

View Full Version : How to make a movie region free

backlash
12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I downloaded a movie that won't play in my regular dvd player due to region restrictions. So I thought I would use dvd shrink to make it region free. However, it still isn't region free.

Any suggestions on how to remove the region code and make it playable on any player?

RealitY
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought DVDShrink could do that although are you sure its not PAL to NTSC your looking for...

Virtualbody1234
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
DVD Shrink should have done it.

Maybe Slysoft AnyDVD?

backlash
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
That's what I thought, too. My dvd player says cannot play due to region restrictions or something to that effect. :( Man, I really thought it would've been playable after I used dvdshrink! :'( What a waste of a perfectly good dvd.

VB, I'll look into that program. What about dvddecrypter?

backlash
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I thought DVDShrink could do that although are you sure its not PAL to NTSC your looking for...

I think you may be right. It's PAL and I need it to be NTSC. What is a good program for that?

muchspl3
12-13-2005, 04:30 AM
just use ifoedit and trick your dvd player to play it

{I}{K}{E}
12-13-2005, 09:31 AM
That's what I thought, too. My dvd player says cannot play due to region restrictions or something to that effect. :( Man, I really thought it would've been playable after I used dvdshrink! :'( What a waste of a perfectly good dvd.

VB, I'll look into that program. What about dvddecrypter?

DVD Decrypter makes the DVDs region free when you use it to rip a DVD.

DVD Shrink does the same. (you have to check your settings).

90% of all DVD players (not older then 2 years) can play both NTSC and PAL. check if your DVD player settings are set to AUTO (not NTSC or PAL)

backlash
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
it's my standalone dvd player I'm trying to play it on not my dvd player on my puter. It says it's region one, but b/c it's pal it's not playing. :(