PDA

View Full Version : How's the view of Hemel Hempstead...

j2k4
12-13-2005, 12:31 AM
...from London and it's environs?

Kinda smoky?

Do you believe it's accidental?

We've had a number of mobile tankers go all firey lately; more than is usual, I think.

Is someone practicing?

Opinions? :huh:

sArA
12-13-2005, 12:49 AM
From what I gather....Guillaume is more likely to see the smoke as it is heading his way.... :lol:

lynx
12-13-2005, 01:11 AM
It is amazing that no-one has been killed. If the explosion had occured on a weekday or even later on the Sunday the death toll would probably have been horrific.

I used to take the rat-run past that place almost every week when the motorway was heavily congested, so I got to know the area fairly well.

I understand HP are having one or two problems, their main UK offices are directly opposite one side of the fuel depot. I believe some of their major customers are already suffering the side effects.

Edit: btw, the view has almost certainly improved. :shifty:

DanB
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
On Sunday I went up to Epsom Downs in the afternoon and you could clearly see the smoke from there.

Encountered quite a few businesses the last couple of days who have been fux0red by the blaze what with warehouses being involved or where there computer servers are based :lol:

I think it was accident judging by what has come out today, there may have been a strict safety code but it seems like it was regularly flouted with no consequence ....... till Sunday that is

GepperRankins
12-14-2005, 06:54 PM

Kinda smoky?

We've had a number of mobile tankers go all firey lately; more than is usual, I think.

Is someone practicing?

the CiA, obviously

DanB
12-14-2005, 07:03 PM

Kinda smoky?

Is someone practicing?

the CiA, obviously

Trying to convice us we need more oil so we stay in Iraq longer

GepperRankins
12-14-2005, 07:17 PM
the CiA, obviously

dunno. i haven't thought that far ahead

DanB
12-14-2005, 07:19 PM