PDA

View Full Version : do U know Pat Metheny?

worldpease
12-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Im not shure if 'he' is actually a person or a Music Company...
all I know is that I stumbled upon this exelent music yesterday, its beautiful Jazz.
I love the Jazz station available here (98.1 FM San Diego),
but this is even better,
I mostly listen to more popular or 'normal' music,
but I love ambient music, you know, for background,
and this is great.

j2k4
12-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Im not shure if 'he' is actually a person or a Music Company...
all I know is that I stumbled upon this exelent music yesterday, its beautiful Jazz.
I love the Jazz station available here (98.1 FM San Diego),
but this is even better,
I mostly listen to more popular or 'normal' music,
but I love ambient music, you know, for background,
and this is great.

Oh, yeah.

The Pat Metheny Group.

Check out the early stuff; Pat Metheny Group, Off Ramp etc.

Great jazz.

BigBank_Hank
12-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Wow J2 I never figured you to be a Jazz man.

You learn something new everyday.

j2k4
12-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Can't do rap or hip-hop, though.

Everything else is good.

Jazz is so dense, as a subject; not like classical that way at all.

I like jazz, but I can't claim to know anything about it apart from that which I am familiar.

It's a fun genre to explore, but a tremendous bore if one must listen with a true afficionado in attendence; they tend not to allow you to hear, for all their chatter. ;)

I have a Charlie Parker double-set I'm trying to find time to listen to for the second time, if you know what I mean. :)

worldpease
12-21-2005, 03:19 AM
"j2k4" and "BigBank_Hank", I think this is the first time I see(read) you
in the forum.

oh, wait, I think I remember the eagle avatar.

BigBank_Hank
12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Can't do rap or hip-hop, though.

Everything else is good.

Jazz is so dense, as a subject; not like classical that way at all.

I like jazz, but I can't claim to know anything about it apart from that which I am familiar.

It's a fun genre to explore, but a tremendous bore if one must listen with a true afficionado in attendence; they tend not to allow you to hear, for all their chatter. ;)

I have a Charlie Parker double-set I'm trying to find time to listen to for the second time, if you know what I mean. :)

Jazz is about the only music that I never really could get into. I’ve tried listening to different things but I’ve never found anything the suited me.

Classical on the other hand is what I love.

I do know what you mean by finding time to actually listen to an album. Any time that I get something new that I want to listen to and enjoy I always listen to it through the headphones so no one can bug me.

@ worldpease – I’m not surprised at all that you’ve never saw J2 or myself around the board we’re a couple of noobs that joined not to long ago ;)

j2k4
12-21-2005, 09:49 PM
"j2k4" and "BigBank_Hank", I think this is the first time I see(read) you
in the forum.

oh, wait, I think I remember the eagle avatar.

I've seen you around.

I don't get to listen to too much new stuff these days, and I cannot abide the all-pervading urban "music".

I'm re-discovering alot of old stuff currently, owing to a burgeoning penchant for music DVDs, and, as I mentioned, I have lots of stuff I never got the chance to pay proper attention to.

I bought an MP3 player three years ago, loaded it with stuff, and used the hell out of it for about a year before I started working days again and can't listen to it.

I just bought a new speaker system which is helping me make time for music again. :)

worldpease
12-22-2005, 06:19 AM
I’m not surprised at all that you’ve never saw J2 or myself around the board we’re a couple of noobs that joined not to long ago ;)
well, actually Im even newer that both of you.

j2k4
12-24-2005, 05:22 PM
I’m not surprised at all that you’ve never saw J2 or myself around the board we’re a couple of noobs that joined not to long ago ;)
well, actually Im even newer that both of you.

Well, actually Hank is a fart.

I'm an old fart.

In the forum, I mean.:huh:

You might be considered an incipient, or nascent fart. :)