PDA

View Full Version : antispyware software

Wolfmight
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM
What's the best one out right now?
I've been trying CounterSpy recently, but I can't find any way to extend the trial period. (emule has a bunch of fakes for counterspy)
Anyways, I combined it with the latest version of AdAware + Spybot S&D and included Spyblaster too.

What do you use?

muskrat_love
12-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I use AdAware + Spybot S&D and also Microsoft Anti Spyware. Seems to make a good team.

zapjb
12-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I use Trend Micro AntiSpyware. Course I have SSD & Process Guard also running realtime.

Izagaia
12-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Using a previous version of Counterspy, such as v1.5.77, that has a suitable crack available for it, would work. You may of course have a few problems with already having v1.5.82 installed from the sounds of it.

Just be certain to have the application set to "not automatically update itself". This will, permit Counterspy to only update definitions and not the actual application.

Hairbautt
12-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Wow, I just LavaSoft...AD-Aware...

Yoga
12-15-2005, 01:08 AM
i don't use the root account

S!X
12-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Adaware is all im using atm.

mrlessk
12-15-2005, 03:10 AM
My security :tank:arsenal:tank:
Ad-aware
Spybot
HijackThis
MS Anti-Spyware
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
X-Cleaner
ZoneAlarm Firewall
AVG AV
TrendMicro Housecall (occasional)

All Freeware!
(why mess with Trial periods when you don't have to?)

:)

Chewie
12-15-2005, 05:33 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?p=1209219#post1209219

I use XsoftSpy.
Excellent program.

peat moss
12-15-2005, 06:20 AM
I'm still using Giant , best one for me and easy to find working copies with 2 year supscriptions .

kurse
12-15-2005, 06:21 AM
eTrust PestControl's

Ad-aware

Spyware Doctor

All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the best results according to Download.com

Cant go wrong with that.

Hairbautt
12-15-2005, 01:09 PM
My security :tank:arsenal:tank:
Ad-aware
Spybot
HijackThis
MS Anti-Spyware
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
X-Cleaner
ZoneAlarm Firewall
AVG AV
TrendMicro Housecall (occasional)

All Freeware!
(why mess with Trial periods when you don't have to?)

:O (Is Microsoft any good?)

mrlessk
12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
umm...is that a general question about the MS Corporation? :P

or, if you're referring specifically to MS Anti-Spyware...
Yes, this particular anti-spyware software does a good job as long as you
(as is the case with any spyware/av program), be sure you have the latest updates installed.
Plus, with it's Real-Time Protection, it will catch spyware before they can run.

Yoga
12-15-2005, 09:46 PM
where are you getting this adware in the first place? The scans I do only bring up cookies.
:unsure: Some of your guys seem so paranoid.

Hairbautt
12-16-2005, 02:14 AM
umm...is that a general question about the MS Corporation? :P

or, if you're referring specifically to MS Anti-Spyware...
Yes, this particular anti-spyware software does a good job as long as you
(as is the case with any spyware/av program), be sure you have the latest updates installed.
Plus, with it's Real-Time Protection, it will catch spyware before they can run.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Info.gif

:unsure: Some of your guys seem so paranoid.:pinch: Ouch...:lol: Its sometimes good to wipe away your foot trails...

peat moss
12-16-2005, 06:10 AM
where are you getting this adware in the first place? The scans I do only bring up cookies.
:unsure: Some of your guys seem so paranoid.

Well no some " good " anti spyware programs will stop some trojans from being installed to the start menu and will give you a fighting chance . Be it from e-mail or D/L programs . :)

I can't honestly say what the best one is but Giant antispyware and Symantic Corp. with Tamper protection has saved my butt a few times. ;)

If I could clarified something, as had been said many times on this board

Giant ,Counterspy , Microsoft = Same thing or same engine and updates .

Wolfmight
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
I use Counterspy because Microsoft-(bill gate's nickname for his penis)-'s version kept getting all kinds of problems.

DeXXXteR
12-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Ad-adware + Ad-watch + Symantec Antivirus

Hairbautt
12-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Just updated mine, now all I use is AOL's Safety & Security Center (has spyware, firewall, virus scan, phishing & spam)

No, I bring my own service. My family likes AOL, they use the software & everything, I just use the antivirus. I like their antivirus/firewall, works for me. ;)

SaYiaN
12-17-2005, 09:42 PM
O gosh, did i just hear an AOL USER?

:sick: I think i'm going to throw up:sick:

clocker
12-18-2005, 03:12 AM
My security arsenal:

-nVidia hardware firewall

-regprot

I don't know how all you guys catch so much crap either.

RealitY
12-18-2005, 04:06 AM
I have to say the same as having to run a bunch of different apps for the same thing seems tedious. I used to have more than one but then relized AdWare seems a big enough company to keep their definitions up to date and when I ran others after running Adware nothing more was found. I rarely come across anything more than some cookies also...

Wolfmight
12-18-2005, 05:41 AM
I remember browsing to a website nearly 10 years ago that changed my browser's look into negative art using some kind of trick coding. Now that was some crazy shit. I wonder how the hell they did that.

Hairbautt
12-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Bad pr0n.

:O You know, it seems that I always have peerguardian2 on all the time now.

Add that to my arsenal, although it seems that hardly anybody uses it anymore...which I have no clue why:ermm: ...Its a great program, especially in p2p cases.:happy:

Wolfmight
12-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Bad pr0n.

:O You know, it seems that I always have peerguardian2 on all the time now.

Add that to my arsenal, although it seems that hardly anybody uses it anymore...which I have no clue why:ermm: ...Its a great program, especially in p2p cases.:happy:
yea, it always blocks hundreds-thousands of ips during my downloads on p2p apps. torrents too.

peat moss
12-20-2005, 03:01 AM
We me I think its because I don't frequent the old " Warez sites " anymore so my Giant , which runs every nite at 2:00 am rarely finds anything of interest .

Actualy I'm disapointed when it comes back MT .