PDA

View Full Version : Another One For The Disorders Department

Busyman
12-15-2005, 09:24 PM
My gf is sitting here watching Oprah and I hear this lady saying that she's hideously disfigured.

So I'm asking my gf "What happened to her? Did someone cut her face? Was she born that way?" At this point the lady is hiding her face.

Oprah then says "Come on out". Me and my gf are looking at each other and I said that I bet she's as beautiful as can be.

Turns out, the lady was a knockout.

She said she has BDD

Body Dismorphic Disorder:dry:

My gf, who normally watches Oprah faithfully, turned the channel.

Mr. Mulder
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Body dysmorphic disorder: A psychiatric disorder characterized by excessive preoccupation with imagined defects in physical appearance. People with body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) are obsessed by the idea that some part of their body -- their hair, nose, skin, hips, whatever -- is ugly or deformed, when in truth it looks normal. BDD may focus on moles, freckles, acne, minor scars, facial or body hair, or the size and shape of their breasts or genitalia. People with BDD may spend an excess of time looking in the mirror, be forever fixing their hair, or wear heavy makeup or sunglasses inside as a form of camouflage. They may make multiple medical visits or have surgical procedures to correct the imagined defect. Treatment of BDD may involve cognitive behavioral therapy or medications, usually those used in obsessive-compulsive disorder to which BDD may be related. Also called somatoform disorder, dysmorphophobia.

don't know much about it, and im not a doctor, but from what i've read, people with body dysmorphic disorder need to stfu :dabs:

Cheese
12-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Don't all girls suffer from this disorder?

"Does my bum look big in this?"

"Yes. Yes, it does."

Santa
12-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Thankyou Cheese

(and it is our fault ofcourse)

Oprah ftb

Lilmiss
12-15-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't need Oprah to tell me I have a large rump.
The fact I dont need to invest in a beanbag is proof enough. :happy:

:ermm:

Busyman
12-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Don't all girls suffer from this disorder?

"Does my bum look big in this?"

"Yes. Yes, it does."
:lol: :lol:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-15-2005, 10:45 PM
You laugh at the stupidest things.

Busyman
12-15-2005, 10:49 PM
You laugh at the stupidest things.

I guess you're right.:ermm:

Virtualbody1234
12-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Busyman again posting to try to get controversy going.

Why don't you just STFU when you don't know what you're dealing with?

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Busyman - Oh no! Your razor like wit has pwnethd me! :ohmy:

Busyman
12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Busyman again posting to try to get controversy going.

Why don't you just STFU when you don't know what you're dealing with?
No.

What I'm dealing with?

I offered no opinion on the matter.:ermm:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
You offered no opinion on what you're dealing with? :blink:

Busyman
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
You offered no opinion on what you're dealing with? :blink:
Eggzacklee.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Then why did you say anything to begin with?

Busyman
12-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Then why did you say anything to begin with?
Hmmm I simply posted what I saw on Oprah.:huh:

I offered no opinion on the matter nor a definition of the disorder.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-15-2005, 11:48 PM
If you had no opinion on the matter you wouldn't have posted this thread at all, obviously you think something of it. Knowing you, you think all psychological diseases are a load of shit.

+ you don't have to state an opinion of something to be controversial. Stating the thing itself can promote opinion on it's own.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:22 AM
If you had no opinion on the matter you wouldn't have posted this thread at all, obviously you think something of it. Knowing you, you think all psychological diseases and a load of shit.

+ you don't have to state an opinion of something to be controversial. Stating the thing itself can promote opinion on it's own.
And? I still didn't state an opinion, janeyus.

Also, I don't think a load of shit.

Tell me more CaptainnessObvious.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Okay.
How can you call me CaptainnessObvious if you are disagreeing with me?

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2005, 12:27 AM
...Also, I don't think a load of shit...
That pretty much sums you up.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Okay.
How can you call me CaptainnessObvious if you are disagreeing with me?
Sry. This part is CaptainnessObvious...

It is also "so the fuck what".

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
...Also, I don't think a load of shit...
You do think a load of shit...I think that sums you up.

Sometimes you should at least wait for an offense before being offended.
Also get off my nuts.

You seem to want to hone in on me when there are other folks saying things that your PC ass might deem offensive.

Either way you are a bore.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-16-2005, 12:36 AM
"So the fuck what."?

I was being light-hearted in my first comment, you're the one that turned it into this controversy debate. A big strong, masculine man with so much woman experience like you shouldn't be arguing with a 15 year old girl. :mellow:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Btw, night-night! :happy:

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:42 AM
"So the fuck what."?

I was being light-hearted in my first comment, you're the one that turned it into this controversy debate. A big strong, masculine man with so much woman experience like you shouldn't be arguing with a 15 year old girl. :mellow:
15 yrs old or 40, internet posts have no age on them.

Also I never mentioned "controversy". That was ConformityForEverybody.

I just happened to answer your questions....how ever "light-hearted" they were.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Btw, night-night! :happy:
Nitey nite, 7 of 9.:mellow:

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2005, 12:46 AM
You do think a load of shit...I that sums you up.

Also get off my nuts.

You seem to want to hone in on me when there are other folks saying things that your PC ass might deem offensive.

See the controversy here? That's what you're good at. Nothing else.

Santa
12-16-2005, 12:49 AM
@VB - every village is made of characters - they are all essential.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
You do think a load of shit...I that sums you up.

Also get off my nuts.

See the controversy here? That's what you're good at. Nothing else.
Seems like you brought the controversy. I stated what happened in my household.

Oh yes, I am actually responding to your attempts at derailment.

Do you know someone with this important BDD disorder? Were you offended that my gf didn't want to watch?:blink:

Come on, tell me.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
@VB - every village is made of characters - they are all essential.
He could've at least gave me a chance to get into character though.:unsure:

Cheese
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
People with these types of disorders should all grow a Franz-Joseph. Other people will be so impressed with their spectacular beard growth that they won't notice the deformed person's hunchback, genital warts, penis-nose or whatever hideous affliction they may have.

Santa
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
In forum world - discussion is ALL
contoversy is a must

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:55 AM
People with these types of disorders should all grow a Franz-Joseph. Other people will be so impressed with their impressive beard growth that they won't notice the deformed person's hunchback, genital warts, penis-nose or whatever hideous affliction they may have.
:lol: :lol: You are a funny dude sometimes.

Santa
12-16-2005, 12:56 AM
A disease of vanitas can only be solved with reflection.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
In forum world - discussion is ALL
contoversy is a must
In the Virtual World, conformity and political correctness is a must.

He needs to head up our FCC. They have actually become to lax. You can call someone a bitch on network TV and say fuck (in the right context...whatever that means:unsure: ).

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
People with these types of disorders should all grow a Franz-Joseph. Other people will be so impressed with their spectacular beard growth that they won't notice the deformed person's hunchback, genital warts, penis-nose or whatever hideous affliction they may have.
The point is that they don't have any hideous features to hide. Their problem lies within their minds. Very difficult disorder to deal with. Not a joke.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 12:59 AM
The point is that they don't have any hideous features to hide. Their problem lies within their minds. Very difficult disorder to deal with. Not a joke.
@Cheese - It's not a Franz-Joseph. It's a Fu-Manchu you geptard.:ermm:

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2005, 01:00 AM

Sometimes it must be a joke, when they're just being attention whores? there must be a lot of fakers for that sort of thing, right? :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Sometimes it must be a joke, when they're just being attention whores? there must be a lot of fakers for that sort of thing, right? :unsure:
But why would they fake something like that? It destroys their lives.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Actually they are seeking the opposite of attention. They hide their face when in fact, they may look stunning.

It's a very serious disorder that deserves our attention....the disorder I'm talking about...er...not necessarily their face...you know what I mean.

Santa
12-16-2005, 01:10 AM
smetimes im beautiful
sometimes you are beautiful
soetimes i am ugly
& you real ugly
sometimes there is nada

you decide what you let in

ice cream anybody?

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2005, 01:12 AM

I don't know, medical/mental/ psyc type treatments, the need for having friends and family constantly telling them they look hawt thus creating attention around them? :ermm:

I know nothing about it, it was just a thought based on a programme i saw awhile back which was about sort of modern/trendy/made-upish "disabilities" (not that I'm saying this is such a thing, not knowing anything about it etc).

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-16-2005, 01:17 AM
But what about all the good things Hitler did?!?!?!

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2005, 01:18 AM

i heard he woz lyke real 1337 wiv a paint brush :unsure:

Santa
12-16-2005, 02:12 AM

such as?

Busyman
12-16-2005, 02:20 AM

I don't know, medical/mental/ psyc type treatments, the need for having friends and family constantly telling them they look hawt thus creating attention around them? :ermm:

I know nothing about it, it was just a thought based on a programme i saw awhile back which was about sort of modern/trendy/made-upish "disabilities" (not that I'm saying this is such a thing, not knowing anything about it etc).
When it comes down to it, many things are considered disabilities.

I joked when I said in another thread that there is a procrastination disorder but there is :( . I know you've heard of the one where people hoard shit until it fills up there house. That's considered a disorder.

There's a funny program on TLC about this fella that actually goes in and helps people remove their shit. One landlord for an apartment was trying to evict the lady and the fella removing the shit got in a fight with him.

It was hilarious.

I've read up on this stuff for awhile now and some of these "disorders" are culturally based and predominate in a certain demographic. Meaning that, yes the individual may have an underlying problem about something and the culture they are in fosters the manifestation of it. Absent the particular culture, the manifestation of a disorder may not even present itself. The culture itself many times is the culprit.

Some people simply take things too far.

I probably have a disorder about being orderly. I tend to list everything I need to do down to the route I need to take and sometimes alloting the times minutewise for them to get done. It sometimes gets in the way of other people though.

I purposely injected a little anarchy to alleviate this and it worked. Now it's natural.

I hadn't heard of BDD until today and thought "Well there are people that are hideous looking, they know it, but do not go through the lengths to hide themselves constantly."

All it takes for something to be a madeupish disorder (as you say), is for a good number of people to partake in it and/or for esteemed doctors to coin it as a disorder.

Everose
12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Some people just don't really have a clue about disorders like this, Busy, until they experience them firsthand, or have a loved one going through them. Scary how a little chemical imbalance can effect the brain in such varied ways. :(

Busyman
12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Some people just don't really have a clue about disorders like this, Busy, until they experience them firsthand, or have a loved one going through them. Scary how a little chemical imbalance can effect the brain in such varied ways. :(
Chemical imbalance? Oh yes I agree.

sArA
12-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I saw a BDD prog where these people wanted amputation of limbs. One guy had actually got a doctor to perform the operation.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
I saw a BDD prog where these people wanted amputation of limbs. One guy had actually got a doctor to perform the operation.
Why'd he do that? He thought it was so ugly that it had to be removed?:O

manker
12-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Why'd he do that? He thought it was so ugly that it had to be removed?:OYa think :1eye:

Busyman
12-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Why'd he do that? He thought it was so ugly that it had to be removed?:OYa think :1eye:
Somewhat. That's why I asked.

manker
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
I think you just did a sex wee :smilie4:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM
I think manker is getting turned on by the thought. :ohmy:

manker
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I think manker is getting turned on by the thought. :ohmy:Indeed, altho' we may be at cross-purposes.

What gets me hawt is that he called you CaptainnessObvious (despite captain being an androgynous term) yesterday but has just posted something so blindingly obvious that it made my eyes bleed.

MagicNakor
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
What gets me hawt is that he called you CaptainnessObvious (despite captain being an androgynous term) yesterday but has just posted something so blindingly obvious that it made my eyes bleed.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

That rather makes my eyes bleed.

:shuriken:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Good point, manker. :shifty:

manker
12-16-2005, 08:52 PM

:shuriken:Hey, it's Busy's colour too :wub:

Busyman
12-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I think manker is getting turned on by the thought. :ohmy:Indeed, altho' we may be at cross-purposes.

The difference being I wasn't trying to be a smartass loike SGG and from the description of the disorder I would think the person would try to fix the limb but not get rid of it.

It sounded more like apotemnophilia, thumbass, thumbass.

DorisInsinuate
12-17-2005, 12:20 AM

:shuriken:Hey, it's Busy's colour too :wub:
Is that an Even Temp Steven Fader Mooger Fooger?

manker
12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Indeed, altho' we may be at cross-purposes.

The difference being I wasn't trying to be a smartass loike SGG and from the description of the disorder I would think the person would try to fix the limb but not get rid of it.

It sounded more like apotemnophilia, thumbass, thumbass.You posted a blindingly obvious comment in the same thread that you called someone else for doing the same thing (according to you, that is. I haven't read back).

Anyway, Cpt_Obvious, you were saying that you think attention seekers go on Oprah.

Well fook me, what a startling revelation.

Busyman
12-17-2005, 01:50 AM

It sounded more like apotemnophilia, thumbass, thumbass.You posted a blindingly obvious comment in the same thread that you called someone else for doing the same thing (according to you, that is. I haven't read back).

Anyway, Cpt_Obvious, you were saying that you think attention seekers go on Oprah.

You see, thumbass, it's not blindingly obvious 'cause my understanding of the disorder (by the definition posted on here) is that people modify the part that they think is ugly.....not cut it off.
Sara said it was whole show of limb cut wannabes so that sounds like apotemnophilia....oh but I said this stuff already.:ermm:

I also said nothing about attention seekers going on Oprah.:huh:

Wearn how twoo wead a widdle bit bedwa. Mmk, Polished Turd?

manker
12-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Ya, whatever. It is fairly fecking obvious to even the 20 watt bulbs I see walking these halls.

Thnkz, Cptn. You be keeping it real now.

Bad choice of words, I know :pinch:

Busyman
12-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Ya, whatever. It is fairly fecking obvious to even the 20 watt bulbs I see walking these halls.

All of your words = Foot in your mouth :happy:

I'm off to the club.....

manker
12-17-2005, 02:04 AM

All of your words = Foot in your mouth :happy:

I'm off to the club.....I'm sure you believe that.

No sarcasm.

manker
12-17-2005, 10:54 AM
You posted a blindingly obvious comment in the same thread that you called someone else for doing the same thing (according to you, that is. I haven't read back).

You see, thumbass, it's not blindingly obvious 'cause my understanding of the disorder (by the definition posted on here) is that people modify the part that they think is ugly.....not cut it off.
Sara said it was whole show of limb cut wannabes so that sounds like apotemnophilia....oh but I said this stuff already.:ermm:

Wearn how twoo wead a widdle bit bedwa. Mmk, Polished Turd?You must have thought it was your fecking birthday when I let you off the hook after you posted that menagerie of pish last night.

The thread is about BDD. Sara said she watched a BDD program in which people wanted to amputate their limbs.

Apotemnophilia is nothing whatsoever to do with the thread, a BDD program nor Sara's comment.

So ... we either have you being thick or you making a blindingly obvious comment.

I did think it was the latter but I'm open to correction.

Btw, the comment about attention seekers. Work it out yourself - sure, it's a little oblique but concentrate and you'll see what I mean.

Busyman
12-17-2005, 10:07 PM

Wearn how twoo wead a widdle bit bedwa. Mmk, Polished Turd?You must have thought it was your fecking birthday when I let you off the hook after you posted that menagerie of pish last night.

The thread is about BDD. Sara said she watched a BDD program in which people wanted to amputate their limbs.

Apotemnophilia is nothing whatsoever to do with the thread, a BDD program nor Sara's comment.

So ... we either have you being thick or you making a blindingly obvious comment.

I did think it was the latter but I'm open to correction.

Btw, the comment about attention seekers. Work it out yourself - sure, it's a little oblique but concentrate and you'll see what I mean.
Apotemnophilia has to do with people wanting to aputate healthy limbs....so it wasn't blindingly obvious. (how many times is this now.....)

Do you like being a stupid attention seeker? This shit isn't even funny rodding on your part. It's just idiocy.:ermm:

JPaul
12-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Apotemnophilia has to do with people wanting to aputate healthy limbs....so it wasn't blindingly obvious. (how many times is this now.....)

Isn't it also a sexual thing, an amputation fetish as it were.

Busyman
12-17-2005, 11:07 PM

It can be.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
:dabs:

Mr. Mulder
12-18-2005, 04:08 AM
:dabs:

JPaul
12-18-2005, 09:47 AM
It can be.
Oh right, it's just that the dictionary definition says that it is.

I just forgot that you decided on the meaning of words yourself, my bad.

Busyman
12-18-2005, 01:28 PM
It can be.

1. What the fuck did you ask for?

2. I understand that it's a sexual thing in many cases but not all. Some want to cut off their limbs to have better sex. For others, not having the limbs makes them feel whole.:frusty:

3. The psychiatric field changes definitions of stuff like the wind (along with making new ones).

Yogs
12-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Wanna know where the famous hospital is that did amputations cos peeps just wanted it????:D

Busyman
12-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Wanna know where the famous hospital is that did amputations cos peeps just wanted it????:D
Mmmk?:unsure:

Yogs
12-18-2005, 02:06 PM

Edinburgh.....:shifty:

sArA
12-18-2005, 04:37 PM
In answer to the question as to why...the people wanted the amputation because they felt that the limb was not theirs and was wrong. One woman wanted both legs off.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Wanna know where the famous hospital is that did amputations cos peeps just wanted it????:D Mmmk?:unsure:

Guns are bad.

Yogs
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Guns are bad.:lol:

Busyman
12-18-2005, 06:27 PM

Guns are bad.

Busyman
12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
In answer to the question as to why...the people wanted the amputation because they felt that the limb was not theirs and was wrong. One woman wanted both legs off.
Thank you, Sara.;)

Yogs
12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I want three arms!!!!:01: :unsure:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:33 PM
The right to bear arms is the stupidest rule ever invented by a country.

Yogs
12-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't want a bear arm........:cry:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:40 PM
According to Microsoft word "bear" mean lots of thing, including "carry - convey - bring - take" :snooty:

Yogs
12-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Microsoft..............http://www.hondenhuys.nl/forumsmilies/lachenmettanden.gif

ziggyjuarez
12-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Disagree.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:47 PM
It only causes problems, ziggy.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Think of Britain, we have a high crime rate but guns are banned and we have very few people getting shot - a lot less than America.

ziggyjuarez
12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I can debate you but i hate to do it on forums.Just know that youre wrong.

Yogs
12-18-2005, 06:51 PM
No, guns are wrong!!!!

Busyman
12-18-2005, 06:53 PM
So says former British oppressors.:ermm:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:54 PM
As soon as MSN lets me in, we will talk about this, Ziggy.

ziggyjuarez
Busyman i always agree with you.

Busyman
Think of Britain, we have a high crime rate but guns are banned and we have very few people getting shot - a lot less than America.
That's great!!!

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 06:56 PM
The right to bear arms is the stupidest rule ever invented by a country. So says former British oppressors.:ermm:

Not wanting people to go around shooting each other is oppression?

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Think of Britain, we have a high crime rate but guns are banned and we have very few people getting shot - a lot less than America. That's great!!!

Point being even in a country of crime-orientated youth we don't shoot each other because guns are banned. America would be a great place without guns.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 01:43 AM
That's great!!!

Point being even in a country of crime-orientated youth we don't shoot each other because guns are banned. America would be a great place without guns.
I agree. Take them ALL away....not just the guns I have inmyhousethatareseldomused andifsotoprotectmyfamily.

Even then, I'd hate to tell my smaller statured mother that her equalizer should taken away on principle so some fuckhead can come in and rape and murder her with less hassle.

That would just be wrong.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 01:50 AM
So says former British oppressors.:ermm:

Not wanting people to go around shooting each other is oppression?
Imagine if weren't armed. We'd be the good ole smashing UKA.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Busyman i always agree with you.
That's an unusual typa thang for someone.:unsure:

But...:happy:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Over here even the police aren't allowed guns unless the criminals are suspected to have them, too. And they get a lot trouble if they use them other than when it's absolutely necessary.

As for your mother, busy. Why not get an appartment on the 3 floor or above in a block of flats? A lock on the door, no access to windows, how's this rapist gonna get in?

Besides, most rapes take place outside a person's home. Does your mother carry her gun around everywhere she goes?

This is another thing; people say they are used for self-defence but most things that call for an act of self-defence take place outside. Unless you carry your gun around with you and that would be scary. The idea that every time you walk out your front door a murderous-raping-paedo-thief might jump out at any given moment, and they have a gun! But oops, you left yours in your house.

In the event that you do have you gun with you, well then, it's just a case of who shoots first - wins! What a wonderful world that would be.

Yogs
12-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I have 2 guns!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/shannon28/hollandlost.jpg

YoCapone

JPaul
12-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Even then, I'd hate to tell my smaller statured mother that her equalizer should taken away on principle so some fuckhead can come in and rape and murder her with less hassle.

Or nick her microwave oven, heaven forfend.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 08:24 PM
That's great!!!

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

http://neahin.org/programs/schoolsafety/gunsafety/statistics.htm

JPaul
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM

2. I understand that it's a sexual thing in many cases but not all. Some want to cut off their limbs to have better sex. For others, not having the limbs makes them feel whole.:frusty:

3. The psychiatric field changes definitions of stuff like the wind (along with making new ones).

Oh right, I was just going with the current meaning, which seems to have it as a sexual thing.

It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them, so if there's no sexual element it's called Body Integrity Identity Disorder

Busyman
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM

It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them
I am not surprised.

I wonder if the folks in Sara's TV program are using the old definition. She said nothing about a sexual fetish.:ermm:

JPaul
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them
I am not surprised.

I wonder if the folks in Sara's TV program are using the old definition. She said nothing about a sexual fetish.:ermm:
If it's recent then they probably would have described it as BIID.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Over here even the police aren't allowed guns unless the criminals are suspected to have them, too. And they get a lot trouble if they use them other than when it's absolutely necessary.

As for your mother, busy. Why not get an appartment on the 3 floor or above in a block of flats? A lock on the door, no access to windows, how's this rapist gonna get in?

Besides, most rapes take place outside a person's home. Does your mother carry her gun around everywhere she goes?

This is another thing; people say they are used for self-defence but most things that call for an act of self-defence take place outside. Unless you carry your gun around with you and that would be scary. The idea that every time you walk out your front door a murderous-raping-paedo-thief might jump out at any given moment, and they have a gun! But oops, you left yours in your house.

In the event that you do have you gun with you, well then, it's just a case of who shoots first - wins! What a wonderful world that would be.
No, I take my gun out much and if I do, it's not loaded. In fact the ammo is in the trunk, gun in the car (in must be separated).

Fact is, I don't fit your cubbyholing of guns bad for everyone...justbad.

I have it for the home...nothing else.

Btw, my mother lives in a house. An apartment is not an option.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 10:26 PM

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

We also have more people here. I bet we have more people in prison in general.

I wonder who has the higher crime rate. I bet it's us.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 10:33 PM

We also have more people here.
5,285 to 19 = 278 to 1

If we have around 60,000,000 then on a pro-rata basis you would need to have 16,680,000,000, or sixteen and a half billion. Now I'm not up on the exact stats ....but

JPaul
12-19-2005, 10:37 PM
If a Police Officer points a gun at someone that is considered a firearms incident, which will be investigated. They don't even have to fire them for an investigation of the incident to take place.

It is non-discretionary, take the gun out and aim = investigation, that is all.

GepperRankins
12-19-2005, 10:44 PM
sommat like 200'000'000 in merka

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 10:53 PM

In the event that you do have you gun with you, well then, it's just a case of who shoots first - wins! What a wonderful world that would be. No, I take my gun out much and if I do, it's not loaded. In fact the ammo is in the trunk, gun in the car (in must be separated).

Why have a gun if you can't use it in the situations described? Is it a penis-extension?

Why is an apartment not an option? Are there none available? :huh:

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:00 PM
No, I take my gun out much and if I do, it's not loaded. In fact the ammo is in the trunk, gun in the car (in must be separated).

Why have a gun if you can't use it in the situations described? Is it a penis-extension?

Why is an apartment not an option? Are there none available? :huh:
Why do you ask stupid questions?

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
We also have more people here.
5,285 to 19 = 278 to 1

If we have around 60,000,000 then on a pro-rata basis you would need to have 16,680,000,000, or sixteen and a half billion. Now I'm not up on the exact stats ....but
Ha. You left out the higher crime rate in general.

The fact is that people harp on banning guns instead of better gun control.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:05 PM
sommat like 200'000'000 in merka
More like 300,000,000 I would have thought.

Basically 50 times our population with 278 times the number of children being killed by guns.

Or on a pro-rata basis five and a half times as many children dead.

How can you compare that to the ability to protect your microwave oven, think it thro' man.

Proper Bo
12-19-2005, 11:06 PM
it's cause america's got more rappers:dabs:

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:09 PM
5,285 to 19 = 278 to 1

I'm not really into the whole crime rate thing, more the people being dead aspect. So feck if someone's car gets nicked, claim the insurance.

I'm really into gun control, don't let people have them just because they want them.

SpatulaGeekGirl

Why is an apartment not an option? Are there none available? :huh: Why do you ask stupid questions?

Why do you make stupid statements?

Busyman
...and yaw cuntray has maw dumBos.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:10 PM
...and yaw cuntray has maw dumBos.
Obviousement.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Why do you ask stupid questions?

Why do you make stupid statements?
Loike?

SpatulaGeekGirl
:glag: Omg, you say the funniest things sometimes! (in refrence to post 119)

Proper Bo
it's cause america's got more rappers:dabs: ...and yaw cuntray has maw dumBos.

:rolleyes:

guns don't kill people...

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Why do you make stupid statements? Loike?

Like getting an apartment not being an option...

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM

I'm not really into the whole crime rate thing, more the people being dead aspect. So feck if someone's car gets nicked, claim the insurance.

I'm really into gun control, don't let people have them just because they want them.
I see there is a nice focus on guns but the UK has a nice rise in knife homicides.

Maybe you should get rid of those.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Loike?

Like getting an apartment not being an option...
She owns a house.

Folks around here don't like changing our lives around too much because of criminals. She lives in a nice area, that's enough.

What about my first statement? You conveniently left that out.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:15 PM
And while we're at it, all other cooking utensils that can be potentially used (although not purpose made) for violent acts.

(in reply to post 125)

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:17 PM
And while we're at it, all other cooking utensils that can be potentially used (although not purpose made) for violent acts.

(in reply to post 125)
Maybe your country should get on it.

Ban sticks while your at it.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:18 PM

I see there is a nice focus on guns but the UK has a nice rise in knife homicides.

Maybe you should get rid of those.
Good idea, let's make it illegal to carry one, then the State is not condoning them and the Police can arrest thugs who have one.

Oh wait ....

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Like getting an apartment not being an option... She owns a house.

Folks around here don't like changing our lives around too much because of criminals. She lives in a nice area, that's enough.

What about my first statement? You conveniently left that out.

Then you can live in fear, but don't go waving guns in peoples faces and saying it's "just in case" and "only for self-defence".

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:19 PM

(in reply to post 125)

Why do you make stupid statements.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:22 PM

(in reply to post 125) Maybe your country should get on it.

In actual fact, you're not allowed to carry an offensive weapon of any description over here. I took a stick into school once...because I thought it was a cool stick...and got sent to the head teacher.

Proper Bo
12-19-2005, 11:24 PM
=I took a stick into school once...because I thought it was a cool stick...

makes sense:blink:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I was loike 8. :dabs:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Message from Iranian President

Nuclear weapons don't kill people,
people do.

Proper Bo
12-19-2005, 11:27 PM

ah, thats alright then, I was thinking you meant like last week:rolleyes:

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:31 PM

ah, thats alright then, I was thinking you meant like last week:rolleyes:
He did :naughty:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
:dabs: :huh:

Proper Bo
12-19-2005, 11:38 PM
:huh: indeed

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:43 PM
He? :cry:

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:44 PM

'Cause stupid people are being adressed.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
'Cause stupid people are being adressed.
Write for the reader and so forth.

Busyman
12-19-2005, 11:55 PM

In actual fact, you're not allowed to carry an offensive weapon of any description over here. I took a stick into school once...because I thought it was a cool stick...and got sent to the head teacher.
Oh...school..oh ok.

JPaul
12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh...school..oh ok.
Yeah, nothing like "in da hood".

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Why is America allowed guns but Iraq can't have weapons of mass destruction?

Busyman
12-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Why is America allowed guns but Iraq can't have weapons of mass destruction?
There you go again.....

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-20-2005, 12:16 AM
I am a young mind simply trying to absorb knowledge from my intellectual "superiors"...

Busyman
12-20-2005, 12:20 AM
I am a young mind simply trying to absorb knowledge from my intellectual "superiors"...
:sleep1:

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Okay. Taking notes-

...Sleep when faced with confrontation...

JPaul
12-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Okay. Taking notes-

...Sleep when faced with confrontation...
No, condescension > logic.

SpatulaGeekGirl
12-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Then he's a hypocrite?

Agrajag
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Then he's a hypocrite?
No shit Sherlock.:naughty:

hobbes
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I wonder if Biggles has ever wished a certain someone expressed her rebellion by listening to a fine Scottish homebrew, The Alarm, rather than going the whole japtrannytastic route.

I, I, love to feel the rain in the summertime,

Oh, I , I, love to feel the rain on my face.

Agrajag
12-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I wonder if Biggles has ever wished a certain someone expressed her rebellion by listening to a fine Scottish homebrew, The Alarm, rather than going the whole japtrannytastic route.

See, condescension is the bomb.

hobbes
12-20-2005, 01:00 AM

Condescension is the accumulation of water vapor on a cooled surface to produce water droplets and is a vital part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Water droplets have never been shown to explode and are ineffective as bombs.

The Alarm rocked, you old fart.

Mr JP Fugley
12-20-2005, 01:16 AM

Condescension is the accumulation of water vapor on a cooled surface to produce water droplets and is a vital part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

http://caribzones.com/06czadvocate2.jpg

hobbes
12-20-2005, 01:19 AM

http://caribzones.com/06czadvocate2.jpg

Noice stroke, now let's take our medicine like a good boy.

That would be fan-tranny-tastic.