PDA

View Full Version : Canadian star rather playfor Holland

maebach
12-17-2005, 03:12 PM
JOnathon de Guzman, doesn't want to play for Canada. He has been playing for club teams in Holland and rather pick-up a passport with them and play for Holland.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1134774611581

His quote:

"I believe Canada has been in the World Cup once in its history and Holland goes basically to every World Cup."

Jonathan de Guzman

This royally sucks, our own players don't wanna play for Canada. His older brother (Julian) plays for Canada and he's doing well. Jonathon is thinking whether to play with his brother for Canada or have a chance to win the World Cup or Euro with Holland.

First Hargreaves now De Guzman. Hargreaves was raised in Calgary but had a dual-citizenship and decided to play for England.Do you think he should play for Canada? If our players keep doing this we'll never have a good team.

:angry: :angry: :frusty: :frusty:

Mr JP Fugley
12-17-2005, 04:31 PM
you should play for the country in which you are born.

that is all.

maebach
12-17-2005, 08:35 PM
That's what I think. I don't like how players can play for other countries if they choose.

Kranyi who plays for Germany, has a german father and brazilian mother (he was born in Brazil). Shouldn't he play for Brazil then?

JPaul
12-17-2005, 09:18 PM
That's what I think. I don't like how players can play for other countries if they choose.

Kranyi who plays for Germany, has a german father and brazilian mother (he was born in Brazil). Shouldn't he play for Brazil then?
Maybe he's not good enough for Brazil, so he chose Germany, to get a game.

Is this chap not good enough for Canadia, so he chose the Netherlands.

Spider_dude
12-18-2005, 01:17 AM
lok on thebrght side, you hav jason de vos.