PDA

View Full Version : Failing(ed) HD?

Shiranai_Baka
12-17-2005, 11:58 PM
I was using my computer this morning and I heard one of my hard drives making this gas releasing sound and then a powering down sound. However, it didn't affect anything so I just moved on. Just before I was watching a video and the video was messing up but I'm thinking thats just a bad download. After I closed the video, I went to search on forums to see if anyone else had a bad download like that but then I decided to reboot the computer since my internet connection was running a little sluggish.

Before rebooting. It had that windows update thing on the shutdown but I chose to reboot.

So now I'm just wondering if my HD was failing or did I fuck up on the windows update thing?

I'm installing ubuntu now so I can maybe have a chance at recovering my files incase I have to send back the HD.

Shiranai_Baka
01-07-2006, 04:23 PM
It seems that one of my hard drives is failing again. Making the same noise stated in my previous post. Does anyone know how advanced RMA works with WD? Should I wait for the drive to come to me or should I immediately send my drive to them after making my RMA?

Wolfmight
01-16-2006, 02:45 AM
It seems that one of my hard drives is failing again. Making the same noise stated in my previous post. Does anyone know how advanced RMA works with WD? Should I wait for the drive to come to me or should I immediately send my drive to them after making my RMA?
Normally you send the bad drive to them first.

Shiranai_Baka
01-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Normally you send the bad drive to them first.

Have you used their advanced RMA service yet? I really need to know because I don't any the right boxes to put the HD in and send it back. I want to see if I am able to wait until the new drive comes in.