PDA

View Full Version : newsbin or grabit not working

Guyanese_Bai
12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
I use Newsbin a lot but then one day it stopped working. In the connection tab all my connections were disconnected. I couldnt download headers or anything. So I reinstalled it but nothing worked. I tried using Grab It but I get a connection error. I know my server is right because it used to work before. Im in Canada and Im on Rogers cable. nntp.broadband.rogers.com is my server. Im on a router, but as i said i dont think that affects that because i was always on a router and i didnt change any settings. Please help or give me any suggestions. Thanks

RealitY
12-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Seems like something is set wrong considering the same results with two clients. If you want to you could try another like Newsleecher though and see what happens...

Chewie
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Saw this on Newsbin's 15th Dec Message Of The Day:

December 15, 2005, 8:15 a.m.

Rogers Communications Usenet Access Stops Today...

Rogers Communications customers will lose Usenet access supplied by Rogers today. Rogers previously used Giganews for their news service. If you want continued access you can sign up directly with Giganews. Their accounts range in price from $7.99USD to $24.99USD per month. We have links to Giganews and other quality usenet access options on our UsenetTools site.
The messages automatically pop up when you start Newsbin unless you've either turned them off or leave NBP running.

Guyanese_Bai
12-21-2005, 11:58 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh crap that totally sucks, hmm i dont remember turning anything off in newsbin or anything but thats okay, thank you for letting me know. Damm that just sucks. lol. Thanks again

accat13
12-21-2005, 08:49 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh crap that totally sucks, hmm i dont remember turning anything off in newsbin or anything but thats okay, thank you for letting me know. Damm that just sucks. lol. Thanks again
YES it really sucks my isp is Rogers also,but it took them 6 extra days to kill it ...:( Time to start paying I guess....