PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings?

Skiz
12-21-2005, 10:27 PM
For My Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

======================================================================================

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

j2k4
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM

Right back atcha, Skiz. :)

JPaul
12-21-2005, 11:36 PM

Right back atcha, Skiz. :)
Likewise and to your good self too, Sir.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 01:38 AM
For My Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

======================================================================================

I don't get it. Are you assuming that all Republicans are Christians?:lol: :lol:

Here's a shocker for you. They all aren't. They profess it for political reasons.

I still don't get the Democratic doohicky. They must be anything except Christian?

j2k4
12-22-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm guessing Skiz probably meant "Liberal". ;)

Everose
12-22-2005, 03:12 AM
And the same to you, Skizo!:D

Skiz
12-22-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm guessing Skiz probably meant "Liberal". ;)

You know what I meant. ;)

There'a such a fine line at times. :ermm:

@Busy - I'm smarter than to take that bait. :lol:

clocker
12-22-2005, 03:51 AM
I still don't get the Democratic doohicky. They must be anything except Christian?
This is just a Conservative/Republican attempt at humor, Busy.
As Americans, we do not get satire and our sarcasm is broad and belabored so this is as good as we can expect.

This all might change in the future though.
When Abramoff is finished singing, many Republicans will have lots of prison time to spend honing their comedy skills.

Merry Christmas all.

Skiz
12-22-2005, 04:04 AM
You say that is the best "we" can expect. That's not true. I am continuously humored in much more ellaborate ways by the comments and actions of democrates, secular progressives, liberals and the like by their seemingly neverending "foot-in-mouth" syndrome that jumps and spreads to each other like a brushfire. It's been a heck of a show this year. :fireman:

Everose
12-22-2005, 04:36 AM
imo that is a bipartisan syndrome. :) But there does seem to be a brush fire of it, as you say. ;)

3RA1N1AC
12-22-2005, 06:05 AM
I don't get it. Are you assuming that all Republicans are Christians?:lol: :lol:

Here's a shocker for you. They all aren't. They profess it for political reasons.

interesting interpretation. what caught my attention was a completely different (and perhaps very subtle?) aspect of that post: the suggestion that democrats prefer to communicate simple ideas via unnecessarily long-winded, cold, bureaucratic newspeak; while republicans are straightforward, quick to the point, and very warm & friendly toward people who are the same as themselves.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 06:21 AM
You say that is the best "we" can expect. That's not true. I am continuously humored in much more ellaborate ways by the comments and actions of democrates, secular progressives, liberals and the like by their seemingly neverending "foot-in-mouth" syndrome that jumps and spreads to each other like a brushfire. It's been a heck of a show this year. :fireman:
I am continuously humored by the sheep mentality of most Republicans. I have been shown how over half a nation can elect a proven idiot and actually...I really shouldn't say I'm humored 'cause it's fucking pathetic.

Everose
12-22-2005, 06:55 AM
imo sheep mentality is a bipartisan state of mind.

ok. i will get my coat. :P

MagicNakor
12-22-2005, 08:44 AM
It really is peculiar to watch you Yanks go at it. I'm still not entirely sure if there is that much of a difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.

:shuriken:

JPaul
12-22-2005, 10:20 AM
It really is peculiar to watch you Yanks go at it. I'm still not entirely sure if there is that much of a difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.

:lol:

My favourite bit was when busy said that there weren't any Christian Republicans.

Maybe it's true.:blink:

3RA1N1AC
12-22-2005, 12:00 PM
My favourite bit was when other dude confused "to humor" with "to amuse."

Busyman
12-22-2005, 02:19 PM
imo sheep mentality is a bipartisan state of mind.

ok. i will get my coat. :P
Get my coat is the corniest saying I've heard on this board. I don't agree with your first statement. There's more than 2 parties but I get the jist.

Most people are idiots. It's just a large group of them got together and elected someone that fit similar intelligence criteria.

Must also be 'cause The "W" is a pimp.

Everose
12-22-2005, 03:52 PM

Me either. I know Republicans that are apalled with the Bush Administration. On the other hand, I know Democrats that support him and his war in Iraq. Unless a person tells me what party they support, it is hard to define their political party of choice. It is easier to find out what political party they detest, but just because they detest one party, that in no way means they support another party.

Busy, I kind of like the 'I will get my coat saying.' And I miss Big Boab's way of using that expression. ;-) If you would rather I say 'Okay....I have had my say, bye y'all'..........it won't be a happening thing. Quite frankly, now that I have an inkling that it might just bug you a bit.......I will probably use it often.:lol:

j2k4
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
When Abramoff is finished singing, many Republicans will have lots of prison time to spend honing their comedy skills.

Quite a few Democrats, as well, I hear.;)

j2k4
12-22-2005, 04:23 PM
: Are you assuming that all Republicans are Christians?:lol

Only for political reasons?

How crass and hypocritical of them...I'm shocked. :huh:

j2k4
12-22-2005, 04:28 PM
....I have been shown how over half a nation can elect a proven idiot...

Actually, the first time, just under half elected him. :D

Busyman
12-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Me either. I know Republicans that are apalled with the Bush Administration. On the other hand, I know Democrats that support him and his war in Iraq. Unless a person tells me what party they support, it is hard to define their political party of choice. It is easier to find out what political party they detest, but just because they detest one party, that in no way means they support another party.

Busy, I kind of like the 'I will get my coat saying.' And I miss Big Boab's way of using that expression. ;-) If you would rather I say 'Okay....I have had my say, bye y'all'..........it won't be a happening thing. Quite frankly, now that I have an inkling that it might just bug you a bit.......I will probably use it often.:lol:
Maybe it's just weird seeing an American say it.:unsure: It's like someone saying, "Take my wife, please" and then you hear a drum kick.....corrrrnnnnnyyyyy.

The Republicans, in Congress at least, appalled with Bush weren't appalled years ago but are appalled now since he can't run again. There will be much intra-party mud slinging in the next coupla years.

It is sometimes painful to see motherfuckers supporting Bush with his lying ass about the war and 2000+ soldiers dead yet these same stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair. Are people gonna be the party or the common sense?

SDRAWKCABSSA

Busyman
12-22-2005, 04:36 PM
....I have been shown how over half a nation can elect a proven idiot...

Actually, the first time, just under half elected him. :D
Well the first time, folks get a pass except for those in Texas. He was their gubna so they have no excuse...and I know he didn't just start playing the dumbcard after he was elected President.

Stupidity like that marinates for awhile.:ermm:

Everose
12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I have a sister that marinated in Texas for a bit, and actually mingled with the man. She actually felt he did some good things for Texas, and was pleased with his support for a home for unwed mothers there that she supported. She voted for him. I keep watching for horns to grow on her head or signs of stupidity in other areas of her life other than political. None appear.

Another sister still marinates there. Do you think our family needs to pull one of those kidnapping things where we go get her in the dark of night, throw her in the trunk, get her the hell out of Texas and put her through some sort of reverse brainwashing? ;-)

A lot of people voted for Bush because they believed him to be the lesser of two evils at the time. Or the stronger leader of two damn politicians. Some have changed their minds. Some still say given the same choice, they would still vote for him to this day.

Calling someone stupid because they believe what they believe based on their experiences doesn't help much. IMO it tends to antagonize them and makes them hold faster to those beliefs. So where is the purpose in that. What is the goal?

DanB
12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I got the same email today, although mine was slightly different

Please accept with no obligation, implicit or explicit, my best wishes for
an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion
or secular practices of your choice, with total respect for the
religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, and their choice
not to practise religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally
successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of
the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due
respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to
society have helped make Britain great (not to imply the Britain is
necessarily greater than any other country nor is it the only "BRITAIN" in
the northern hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour,
age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation and choice of
computer platform of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is
subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no
alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishee
actually to implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is
void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the
wisher.
This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application
of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited
to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion
of the wisher.

Alternative version!

Don't give a damn who you are, where you are or what you are, but have a safe and happy Christmas holiday and an optimistic new year.

j2k4
12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair.
SDRAWKCABSSA

Clinton lied about much more than that, B., and there are efforts afoot just now to uncover the details, which are being obscured by Democrat-retained lawyers.

BTW-

Why do you, of all people, need to stoop to name-calling?

Is your pique over rampant ignorance somehow greater than mine?

Are you compelled to deflect reasonable debate by employing unreasonable rhetoric, or do you fear the debate?

If you haven't yet tumbled to the fact, there are no tough-guys in cyberspace, and name-calling is so wasteful.:dry:

We're all well-aware you are a multi-talented 5' 10" mesomorph with bad knees and lots of throwing stars, a wide assortment of knives, several guns, and a mean shopping streak.

Skiz
12-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Maybe it's just weird seeing an American say it.:unsure: It's like someone saying, "Take my wife, please" and then you hear a drum kick.....corrrrnnnnnyyyyy.

The Republicans, in Congress at least, appalled with Bush weren't appalled years ago but are appalled now since he can't run again. There will be much intra-party mud slinging in the next coupla years.

It is sometimes painful to see motherfuckers supporting Bush with his lying ass about the war and 2000+ soldiers dead yet these same stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair. Are people gonna be the party or the common sense?

SDRAWKCABSSA

...and I've had it up to here *points at head* with this 2,000+ soldier death count being smeared all over the damn place. It's for no other purpose than to smear this war and Bush's integrity. If all the democrats were worried about was saving American lives, then why aren't we hearing of a fight in reference to the 30,000+ lives that are taken every year due to drunk driving accidents??

Ffs...we've had just over 2,000 soldier deaths in the past 4.5 years in a major overseas conflict fighting the terrorists who attacked our country. The thoughts and priorities of some people just downright sicken me.

PS - Whoever implied that "humored" was incorrect, and that the proper term should have been "amused" is wrong themselves. Either word will work there. :dry:

vidcc
12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Ffs...we've had just over 2,000 soldier deaths in the past 4.5 years in a major overseas conflict fighting the terrorists who attacked our country.

Iraq attacked us ?:huh:

lynx
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM

3RA1N1AC
12-22-2005, 06:05 PM
PS - Whoever implied that "humored" was incorrect, and that the proper term should have been "amused" is wrong themselves. Either word will work there. :dry:

oh, shut the fuck up.

hu·mor
tr.v., -mored, -mor·ing, -mors.
1. To comply with the wishes or ideas of; indulge.
2. To adapt or accommodate oneself to.

Everose
12-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Money is hard to come by....
Our time on this earth may be short.....
But flipping someone off is still fun....
Even if they are your cohort...

Christmas is here.....I am happy I 'spose...

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Yours Always,

Everose:P

Busyman
12-22-2005, 06:34 PM

SDRAWKCABSSA

...and I've had it up to here *points at head* with this 2,000+ soldier death count being smeared all over the damn place. It's for no other purpose than to smear this war and Bush's integrity. If all the democrats were worried about was saving American lives, then why aren't we hearing of a fight in reference to the 30,000+ lives that are taken every year due to drunk driving accidents??

Ffs...we've had just over 2,000 soldier deaths in the past 4.5 years in a major overseas conflict fighting the terrorists who attacked our country. The thoughts and priorities of some people just downright sicken me.

30,000!!1!1!!!:O Let's bring back Prohibition pronto!!

I didn't know '2000+ dead' IS smeared all over the place. It's not an everyday thing on the news. I just the thought it was actual fact is all. It must not matter to you. You see I'm sure people know that soldiers and civilians die in little skirmishes here and abroad. That's the No Shit Factor. You don't see people pissed the same way over our soldiers dying in Afghanistan. Tell me why?

Do you actually equate Iraq to being "just another war ho-hum"? WTFU!!!

Busyman
12-22-2005, 06:42 PM
stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair.
SDRAWKCABSSA

Clinton lied about much more than that, B., and there are efforts afoot just now to uncover the details, which are being obscured by Democrat-retained lawyers.

BTW-

Are you compelled to deflect reasonable debate by employing unreasonable rhetoric, or do you fear the debate?

If you haven't yet tumbled to the fact, there are no tough-guys in cyberspace, and name-calling is so wasteful.:dry:

We're all well-aware you are a multi-talented 5' 10" mesomorph with bad knees and lots of throwing stars, a wide assortment of knives, several guns, and a mean shopping streak.
Well I've got folks over there so when you when dipshits pull the "we went over there to bring democracy to the Middle East" a fire is lit under both of my asscheeks and "you are an idiots" tends to fly in other's direction.

And fuck when the fuck was this reasonable debate? It looked like funny stuff but I did a double take on what section it was in.

j2k4
12-22-2005, 07:23 PM

BTW-

Well I've got folks over there so when you when dipshits pull the "we went over there to bring democracy to the Middle East" a fire is lit under both of my asscheeks and "you are an idiots" tends to fly in other's direction.

And fuck when the fuck was this reasonable debate? It looked like funny stuff but I did a double take on what section it was in.

Isn't this The Drawing Room?

So you have people over there.

Are you the only one?

Are "people" who "have people over there" the only ones qualified to comment, or just the only ones compelled to bloviate?

I "have people over there", too, and I can carry on sane discourse.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Isn't this The Drawing Room?

So you have people over there.

Are you the only one?

Are "people" who "have people over there" the only ones qualified to comment, or just the only ones compelled to bloviate?

I "have people over there", too, and I can carry on sane discourse.
It's damn hard to say, "They are fighting for our country."

Oh and there's some sane stuff in there in between all the "stupids" and "morons".

What does make me chuckle is when I see soldiers on TV talking about why they are there and nobleness of it all....but then off camera it's a different story....as if they are really gonna say, "Hell no fuck this. I can't believe I'm over here fighting for this bullshit."

I'd love to see it just one damn time though.:happy:

"What did your son die for?"

"He died fighting terrorists and fighting for freedom.":01:

JPaul
12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
They join the army / navy / air force, so they go where they are told and fight for whatever reason their Governemtn wants, whether they approve or not. They kill and injure people and run the risk of being killed or injured themselves.

You can't join up but put a condition in that you only fight when you approve of the reason. Neither can you publicly denounce the reason you are there or what you are doing.

I thought everyone knew that.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 09:47 PM
They join the army / navy / air force, so they go where they are told and fight for whatever reason their Governemtn wants, whether they approve or not. They kill and injure people and run the risk of being killed or injured themselves.

You can't join up but put a condition in that you only fight when you approve of the reason. Neither can you publicly denounce the reason you are there or what you are doing.

What gave you the impression they didn't?

Maybe parents, relatives, and friends of soldiers should STFU when the government sends them into known bullshit.

Those Vietnam protestors musta really had a buguptheirass.

JPaul
12-22-2005, 10:21 PM

Maybe parents, relatives, and friends of soldiers should STFU when the government sends them into known bullshit.

I agree, unless there is a system of conscription and they didn't choose to go, which is entirely diferent.

Joining the armed services is kind of like saying I am willing to kill people and be killed. So don't feckin' moan when you are asked to go to war, you asked for it.

It's not often we agree on something serious.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 11:27 PM

I agree, unless there is a system of conscription and they didn't choose to go, which is entirely diferent.

Joining the armed services is kind of like saying I am willing to kill people and be killed. So don't feckin' moan when you are asked to go to war, you asked for it.

Cool. Your taxes pay for the military therefore you support the military therefore you the civilian should be a target for the enemy.

This logic is great.

It's funny how parents don't piss and moan about something like WWII but do on something like Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Either way emotions be damned.

JPaul
12-22-2005, 11:36 PM

Cool. Your taxes pay for the military therefore you support the military therefore you the civilian should be a target for the enemy.

What the feck are you talking about, that really is a non sequitur.

Busyman
12-22-2005, 11:49 PM

Oh I'm just working on similar logic.

The enemy is just targeting the military's financial base.

JPaul
12-23-2005, 12:02 AM

And that relates to people deciding to join the armed forces, of their own volition, how.

Biggles
12-23-2005, 12:16 AM
errr...

Merry Christmas to one and all :ph34r:

On the other issue, a Captain in the Army I know, said "I joined to get a skill and for the sporting facilities ...wtf does the Government think it is on?"

Mind you a lot of people not in the Army have echoed similar sentiments on a number of issues :lookaroun

JPaul
12-23-2005, 12:29 AM
On the other issue, a Captain in the Army I know, said "I joined to get a skill and for the sporting facilities ...wtf does the Government think it is on?"

So she didn't join to get involved in military conflict then. How harsh of her employers to assume that she was willing to take part in such rannygazoo.

Biggles
12-23-2005, 12:38 AM

So she didn't join to get involved in military conflict then. How harsh of her employers to assume that she was willing to take part in such rannygazoo.

The good Captain was a "he" of the rugby playing variety. He was non-plussed at the logic for said rannygazoo and thought the politicos were of their trolleys. All for Afghanistan and the like but thought Iraq was a piece of lunacy. Career soldier though and at the end of the day will do his shift... just, being infantry, was anticipating doing a lot of shifts.

Soldier's nightmare is a politician that likes to move the pieces around on the board but has never served himself.

Busyman
12-23-2005, 12:45 AM

And that relates to people deciding to join the armed forces, of their own volition, how.
Well I mentioned that parents, relatives, and friend's of soldiers should STFU.

It's that twisted logic.

Maybe folks that are drafted should STFU too or live in another country.

Busyman
12-23-2005, 12:54 AM
errr...

Merry Christmas to one and all :ph34r:

Mind you a lot of people not in the Army have echoed similar sentiments on a number of issues :lookaroun
Imagine the soldier that jumps in because of 9/11 and fighting in Afghanistan or better yet 'cause Saddam Hussein had threatened to nuke America and had nukes.

Now imagine him today.

Saying to a family member or friend of a soldier to STFU when that soldiers dies for nothing all because he "signed up" is twisted logic.

We trust that our country's military is fighting for the betterment of our country. We trust that wars fought on it's behalf are just.

When that trust is broken, those that are affected by the loss of loved one's should not have to STFU.

JPaul
12-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Maybe folks that are drafted should STFU too or live in another country.
It's not the same and well you know it.