PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD-R IMG

orcutt989
12-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering. If you have a DVD-R IMG of a movie you want to burn, and Alcohol nor Nero recognize this format, and both times when you try to burn it, a window comes up with "Foreign Image Settings" can one just click okay and burn? Or are there some settings you have to change in the window?

dodgy368
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering. If you have a DVD-R IMG of a movie you want to burn, and Alcohol nor Nero recognize this format, and both times when you try to burn it, a window comes up with "Foreign Image Settings" can one just click okay and burn? Or are there some settings you have to change in the window?

Change the file extension from .img to .iso(rename the last two letters of the file), that should sort your problem.;)

{I}{K}{E}
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
DVD Decrypter

orcutt989
12-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Change the file extension from .img to .iso(rename the last two letters of the file), that should sort your problem.;)

Haha, yes minutes after I first posted this, I found that I could just change the extension like you said, and it worked fine. Haha, thanks guys.

DrSteve
02-21-2006, 08:05 PM

Haha, yes minutes after I first posted this, I found that I could just change the extension like you said, and it worked fine. Haha, thanks guys.

So if I download a file from newgroups, and it is an .img file, after I save it, I change the name from xxx.img to xxx.iso, or use DVD decrypter. Right?

Thanks. :01:

RealitY
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
DVD Decrypter
Agreed this is the best way to do img files...

DrSteve
02-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks. Yesterday, I downloaded (my "virginal" download of a movie file) a movie, that was primarily .img file and a couple of other files (not .nfo files or readme files). When I get home from work today, I am gonna try to burn them and watch the movie! I will probably try DVD Decrypter, as it seems it might be able to figure out the other files.

Lion7718
02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Alcohol 120% will do .img files...but you have to add it under Options.

DrSteve
02-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I think the .mg files and all files are under 4.5 gb, so I wouldn't need Alcohol 120%

RealitY
02-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Alcohol can do them also and its a favorite app of mine although I still use DVD Decryptor for img files...

Appzalien
02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Another way around the Nero Foreign Image window is to mount the .img file in Daemon tools by selecting "all files" in the file extention drop down and use nero's disk copy. Be aware if your set top player is ntsc and the image is of a Pal movie (or visa versa) you will burn a PC only Dvd.

DrSteve
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Can I view the .img in my computer (watch the movie) before I burn it? How do I do this? Thanks. :stars:

Tempestv
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
if you can mount the image on damon tools or alcohol virtual drive then it should play just as it would if the disk is in the drive.