PDA

View Full Version : New speakers... ah ffs..

S!X
12-28-2005, 01:09 AM
So today I went out and bought this speaker system http://www.cyberacoustics.com/products/productdetail.cfm?objectid=EC805901-E14C-5A27-A284ACE5860BBB63

I find it sounding really tinny and the bass is just too much for me... Ive been playing around with the winamp EQ and the enhancer plugin for like 3 hours now but it still shounds crappy:( , Ive got it all the way down and its still really heavy duty.. It seems like this system is meant more for rap type music.. when I play rock/metal songs it sounds fucked up... rap sounds alright tho, Im thinking of taking em back... any ideas, suggestions?:frusty:

lynx
12-28-2005, 01:38 AM
crap sounds alright thoMake up your mind, I thought you were complaining that they sounded crap. :shifty:

S!X
12-28-2005, 02:09 AM
crap sounds alright thoMake up your mind, I thought you were complaining that they sounded crap. :shifty:

I dont listen to rap normally.... Just used the one song to test.

tesco
12-28-2005, 05:08 AM
Well dont forget rap = crap.:rolleyes:

cpt_azad
12-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Make up your mind, I thought you were complaining that they sounded crap. :shifty: Well dont forget rap = crap.:rolleyes:

damn right, wouldnt have it any other way :dry::cool:

sell those POS speakers and get the logitech z-2300

S!X
12-28-2005, 11:31 AM
sell those POS speakers and get the logitech z-2300

You mean return them, and purchase the Z-2300, I cant afford those bad boys :(

bigdawgfoxx
12-30-2005, 03:29 PM
i bought the Logitech z5300e's after christmas andthey went from 150 bucks to 210...I then realised that there wasnt much point in having such nice speakers when my parents wouldnt let me turn them up.

I also have a friend that has a home theater in his room and his sound card going to his reciever. It sounds so good I dont think I will ever be able to buy a "normal" computer speaker set. The 5300e's were very clean and clear tho.

Mïcrösöül°V³
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
well, I do know that a pc sound system isnt designed around a style of music.....speakers are speakers, some are crossed-over high, some low. Im sure there is something you are missing somewhere. perhaps try a different player to see if it sounds different. check and recheck the way you wired them together. If you have the satellite speakers wired out of phase, then it will sound funny. make sure the + and the - are the same on the speaker and the unit.(assuming this unit has wires instead of rca jacks)

S!X
12-31-2005, 01:57 AM
I think its the songs that have the slight staticyness in em, I know A7X - Unholy Confessions is just like that dunno why, I know with having the preamp at 0 in winamp made the static more noticable I think its the songs :blink::frusty: