PDA

View Full Version : Disable File Sharing?

wbandit
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing. I know it's important to share, but I'm worried about getting sued. Does anyone know how likely it is to get sued and if there is a way to disable sharing. Thanks!

{I}{K}{E}
12-28-2005, 11:47 PM
if you dont want to share you should try newsgroups ;)

zaphodiv
12-29-2005, 12:21 AM
>I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing.
No. Use newsgroups or kazaa if you don't want to share.

orcutt989
12-29-2005, 03:26 AM
I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing. I know it's important to share, but I'm worried about getting sued. Does anyone know how likely it is to get sued and if there is a way to disable sharing. Thanks!
This is a filesharing forum, go away. If everyone was like you, there would be no files to download. You probably dont vote either.

Yoga
12-29-2005, 07:25 AM
kazaa sounds like a good choice for you :P

Virtualbody1234
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
If you don't want to share then you shouldn't be using filesharing at all.

wbandit
12-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I figured I was going to get slammed by all of you. I actually do vote though! HA HA HA!

So, what are my chances of getting caught. Anyone have any stats? Kazaa sucks, so I don't want to use that and I also want to support filesharing to keep this going, so I will continue to use Emule, but I would like to know how much of a risk I am taking. Thanks for the input guys!

erRor67
01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Depends on what you share.. Emule wont let you NOT share as thats how the network lives.. You can NOT share on Kazaa but thats the number 1 network for getting sued/caught.. That, and its full of fakes..

As for getting caught, like I said, depends on what you share.. Also, try using a IP blocker (http://peerguardian.sf.net). :)