PDA

View Full Version : sp2 problems

nanotek
12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
i have this problem with sp2 , yesterday i formatted and used a sp2 dvd with 50 extra programms that i "found", everything was fine it installed properly ,same goes with the programmes :ph34r:

note that it is only sp2 with updates till august , i was playing arround and clicked on a gif i had , ie opened immediatly and tried to connect to some site , in the taskmanager was a prog named little_helper2.exe, some kind of trojan , i cleaned my system of this bug.

Now my question : it does seem as if sp2 isnt that safe :dry: because i had clicked on that gif before i formatted (i had only sp1 with all updates right up to sp2 --but no sp2) and nothing like this happened, so is it possible to install sp1 now that sp2 is already installed ?

what happend to me was probably the gif problem that xp used to have , i was under the impression that that was fixed or am i wrong there ?

zapjb
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Nope you probably had your SP1 system hardened in a way that your SP2 system wasn't. SP2 is fine. In fact I consider a must for computers connected to the internet. The only exception being experts who know how to harden their system without SP2. And have a reason for doing without SP2, like some mission critical app won't work with SP2.

Virtualbody1234
12-29-2005, 11:00 AM
... so is it possible to install sp1 now that sp2 is already installed ?
sp1 is already installed if you have sp2.

nanotek
12-29-2005, 12:13 PM
... so is it possible to install sp1 now that sp2 is already installed ?

is it in sp2 ? because this was a clean install with sp2 only as far as i know

Virtualbody1234
12-29-2005, 04:42 PM

is it in sp2 ? because this was a clean install with sp2 only as far as i know
Yes, I repeat, it's in there.