PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Client?

Ahnk77
01-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Mines Newsbin by far but i'm waiting for someone to enlighten me...

Damnatory
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Grabit is by far the easiest and most conveinient. Considering I only use NZB to download from Usenet now-days, Grabit is perfect for my needs, thus my favorite. :D

Kendaro
01-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Like Damnatory, I only d/l using nzbs, so I use a simple client like NewsReactor to pull my files. A double-click on a saved nzb, a quick click in NewsReactor, and the file starts pulling down. In the end, it boils down to whatever suits you best. Some clients are better for nzb purists, while others are best for those who like to actually browse through all the posts in groups, while still others are better suited for pulling down just binary files.

shazer
01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Grabit is by far the easiest and most conveinient. Considering I only use NZB to download from Usenet now-days, Grabit is perfect for my needs, thus my favorite. :D

About grabit, ( so i donīt have to create another thread) i downloaded today "Two for the money" and the result was this:

http://temptauri.no.sapo.pt/wth.bmp

I associated with winrar and an error ocurred. What should i do?

Damnatory
01-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm seriously not sure about that one... I've never encountered random rar names like that. Normally they would be like name.001, name.002, name.003.

However, rather than associating Winrar with those random name files, I'd just try opening any one of them, then when asked which app to use to open it, I'd direct it to WinRAR, as that has worked for me in the past. Who know, may work for you as well.

zarquon
01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
I use newsbin myself does everything i need it to.

RealitY
01-03-2006, 01:28 AM
As for ease of use once you get used to Newsleecher its just as easy and just simply put a better client. Its actually seems quicker due to the way it handles files. Its almost much more veristile at least compared to the last version of GrabIt I used. Using NZB files you just open them and done.

As for the random rar files thats what GrabIt files look like before they are converted so if this happens often I would suggest uninstall and reinsatll. Seems on occasion GrabIt is also know for creating mysterious files which is due to it not finding something on a server which also creates usless notepad files. This is also something Newsleecher does better when it see somethings not there it dl nothing. I would really suggest for those that havent tried it yet Newleeher is worth checking out...

lemonjello
01-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Damnit, I got Grabit from one of the above suggestions (like Newsrover, but it doesn't like me) Had Newsleecher but it started to piss me off (don't remember why).
Well all the files I got (110) from Grabit are the BS type listed above (in the photo link). I will try and figure out how to open them but doing what Damnatory said doesn't work.
I'll post back if I find a fix, that's 5GBs I could be watching right now.

Jäger
01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I prefer Newsleecher, but I haven't tried Grabit in a long time.

Chewie
01-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I use Newsbin v5, having paid for it at v2.
I like to pull down the latest headers for groups and browse them in 'groups-of-groups', as the guys at DJI call it.

It is the canine's gonads IMHO.

tesco
01-04-2006, 02:01 AM
I like using newsleecher the best as it's easiest to configure i've found.
Biggest downfall with it is all the checks for if you're using a cracked version.

kayvanblue
01-04-2006, 08:13 PM
i love shareaza

Damnatory
01-04-2006, 08:41 PM
i love shareaza
:ermm:

MultiForce
01-04-2006, 08:56 PM
i love shareaza

I'm sure he meant for downloading NZB files to use in NewsBin :P

Damnatory
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM

I'm sure he meant for downloading NZB files to use in NewsBin :P
aha, now I get it. :happy:

linuXshock
01-05-2006, 06:20 AM

About grabit, ( so i donīt have to create another thread) i downloaded today "Two for the money" and the result was this:

http://temptauri.no.sapo.pt/wth.bmp

I associated with winrar and an error ocurred. What should i do?
you have to redownload, Grab It sometimes makes errors in decoding the files ...and thats the result.
That is one of the reasons why i stopped using Grab It

linuXshock
01-05-2006, 06:23 AM
I like using newsleecher the best as it's easiest to configure i've found.
Biggest downfall with it is all the checks for if you're using a cracked version.
there is a very simple way around that...
PM me and ill let you know how