PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive

scott_pd
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
For some strange reason, I am no longer able to write files to DVD discs. Yesterday it did it fine when I wrote Path of Neo to the disc using NERO, now however i get a message coming up showing me the file I am trying to move and a message saying "Problem Copying: Windows encounterd a problem while trying to copy this file....". I thought it was the disc to start with, so I tried out a few discs and got the same result on all of those. ALso, usually when a disc is put into the drive you can see how much space is available, for me now it just says "0 bytes", but where as it usually says "Please insert a disc into drive E" if there was no disc in there, it does not do that, you can still enter the drive.

So any thoughts, because I need to store some of these TV series...

Seedler
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Maybe you dont have enough HD space left?

scott_pd
01-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I am burning to DVD, how can I not have space left? I am taking up the space on the disc, not the hardrive....

zapjb
01-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Try ONES or DropToCD.

lynx
01-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I am burning to DVD, how can I not have space left? I am taking up the space on the disc, not the hardrive....
Nero uses temporary disk space to create a contigous disk buffer. If you've run out of hdd space it won't be able to do this so it will fail.

scott_pd
01-03-2006, 01:10 AM
DropToCD worked thanks, dont spose you know where i can get a licensed free version? This one runs out in like a week.

zapjb
01-03-2006, 02:42 AM
You're welcome. DropToCD is great. And the whole program is less than 1.5MB!