PDA

View Full Version : Vote Best Metal

Burre
04-21-2003, 11:15 AM
What is YOUR favourite METAL/HARD ROCK/METAL BALLAD song at the moment?
not favourite band!!!!
tell me the best fuckin' song you ever heard..

me: Apocalyptica-path vol. 2 (feat. Sandra Nasic.)
PanterA- Floods
Linkin Park- From the inside
Soil-Unreal
SOAD-Ego Brain
Metallica-Turn the page
mETALLICA-mASTER

Crack_man
04-21-2003, 04:37 PM

Tormentor
04-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Slipknot-Wait and Bleed

Benno
04-21-2003, 06:43 PM
What does this have to do with verifieds in a can? :blink:

Anyway
Let me say full albums:

Amon Amarth - Versus the world
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the mutilated
Marduk - Fuck me Jesus

Crack_man
04-21-2003, 06:58 PM
What the hell,I thought you mean which one was best from your list.

flange_mcqueen
04-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Thee best metal track has to be Static X - Get To The Gone.
Oh yes....its true

Ad
04-25-2003, 03:12 AM
For a start i hate it when people called Linkin Park Metal and Limp Biscults they arnt!!!!!! METAL!!!!

Angel Dust Cross of hatred
Iced Earth Dracular
Nethermore Heart Collector

fallenknight308
04-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@24 April 2003 - 19:12
For a start i hate it when people called Linkin Park Metal and Limp Biscults they arnt!!!!!! METAL!!!!

Iced Earth Dracular
I have to agree B)

Right now I'm into: SUMMONING

KurtCocain
04-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Burre@21 April 2003 - 12:15
What is YOUR favourite METAL song at the moment?

They are not metal DUDE ! :))

My fav .. gotta be anything from slipknot

Burre
04-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Neither is Slipknot. they are more like the cartoonies. :lol: The vocalist kicks ass, though.

KurtCocain
04-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Burre@25 April 2003 - 15:33
Neither is Slipknot. they are more like the cartoonies. :lol: The vocalist kicks ass, though.
k, thats ur opinon...

Anyways.. they are much more metal than LP :)

Benno
04-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@25 April 2003 - 05:12

Iced Earth Dracular
It is Nevermore. :P

sayl00
04-25-2003, 08:44 PM
For me it's korn - embrace

Ad
04-26-2003, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE]It is Nevermore. [/QUOTE

I stand corrected whoopss!! thanks for correcting me LOL :lol:

emo_fan77
04-26-2003, 04:14 AM
the best metal song is.........

Vanishing Lessons by Tourniquet

or

Anything else by Tourniquet

P.S. SLIPKNOT IS NOT METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marine_aart
04-26-2003, 07:54 AM
my favorite metal is robie williams :lol: <_<

or else it must be cradle of filth&#33;

Ad
04-26-2003, 11:42 AM
my favorite metal is robie williams&nbsp; :lol:
LMAO

Yeah and Britney Spears has just release the heaviest album of all time its a bone cruncha

marine_aart
04-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah and Britney Spears has just release the heaviest album of all time its a bone cruncha

omg can You post a hash?

redeyes
04-29-2003, 12:42 AM
dont walk by:
Welcome to your life....

thats meTal&#33;

jeroentje77
05-02-2003, 02:53 PM
My best metal song is Mean Machine by Sugar Ray and Vitamine by Incubus

AlanPartridge
05-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Linkin Park is NOT metal. Try Strapping Young Lad and then ask again.

drksic
05-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Get This, or anything else by Slipknot, is the best metal. :)

sayl00
05-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Linkin Park is NOT metal.

No it&#39;s rap&#33;

Burre
05-03-2003, 09:54 PM
get over it already&#33;&#33;
it is OK if you don´t think linkin park is metal, but nobody cares&#33;&#33;&#33;
actually, it is most often categorized as nu-metal, but we all know what they sound like, don´t we?? ;) ;) ;)

porkshit
05-04-2003, 01:46 AM
mine would have to be nethi by godsmack if yous consider them metal

Hellhammer
05-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Yes hear hear,Limp baskit,korn,and the rest of these Conformist wanna be Bands r not metal.Hard Rock maybe.but thats just my opinion..Celtic Frost,,Venom,,Bathory,,Hellhammer,,Candlemass,,Emperor,,Dimmu Borgir,,Helloween,,old Flotsam & Jetsam,,In Flames,,Finntroll,,old Accept,,The Crown,,The Haunting,,Entombed ..oooo now thats F***** metal&#33;&#33;&#33;Northern European Metal kicks ASSSSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;and that coming from the mouth of a Crazy Canuck. ;) ;)

dgmortal
05-12-2003, 04:01 PM
best metal song..........hmmmmmmm.......fear factory h-k (hunter-killer) :D

The Codfather
05-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution.

thats metal as it should be.

pussymasterzee
05-12-2003, 05:57 PM
SOMEONE PLEASE KILL WHOEVER SAYS SLIPKNOT, KORN OR FUCKING LIKIN PARK EVER AGAIN. that shit is just a fucking disgrace to metal

heres mine tho:

Iron Maiden - Aces High

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

Ozzy Osbourne - Hellraiser

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart

Metallica - Havester of Sorrows

AND OF COURSE ANYTHING MY TWISTED SISTER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Benno
05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Hellhammer@12 May 2003 - 17:58
Yes hear hear,Limp baskit,korn,and the rest of these Conformist wanna be Bands r not metal.Hard Rock maybe.but thats just my opinion..Celtic Frost,,Venom,,Bathory,,Hellhammer,,Candlemass,,Emperor,,Dimmu Borgir,,Helloween,,old Flotsam & Jetsam,,In Flames,,Finntroll,,old Accept,,The Crown,,The Haunting,,Entombed ..oooo now thats F***** metal&#33;&#33;&#33;Northern European Metal kicks ASSSSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;and that coming from the mouth of a Crazy Canuck. ;) ;)
Nice list :)

Buffalo
05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by marine_aart@26 April 2003 - 07:54
my favorite metal is robie williams :lol: <_<

or else it must be cradle of filth&#33;
O Dear &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/spam_celebs_40.jpg

Guillaume
05-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Definitely Iron Maiden: Aces High, Metallica: Call of Ktulu and Sanitarium ( remember: before they became a bunch of short-haired sell-outs&#33;), Slayer: Dead skin mask and Morbid Angel: all they did&#33;&#33;&#33;
@ sayl00 : No,it&#39;s not rap it&#39;s crap&#33; ( Now that&#39;s the lousiest pun you&#39;ll hear from me&#33; Well, at lest today...)

xbiggy69
05-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Well my fav are :
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - One
Metallica - Orion
Metallica&#39;s version of Bob Seger&#39;s Turn the page
Manowar - Hail n Kill
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World (although it&#39;s not a "Heavy" metal song and althought Kurt didn&#39;t write it (bowie did) it&#39;s better than the original version)
Led Zepplin - Stairway To Heaven
Rainbow - Gates of Babylon
Jimmy Hendrix - along the watchtower
Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune
Deep Purlpe - Smoke on the Water
Iron Maiden - Hollowed by thy name
Iron Maiden - Aces Hight
Iron Maiden - Sign of the Cross
Iron Maiden - The trooper
Iron Maiden - You&#39;ll Turn Will Come
Iron Maiden - Feer OF the Dark

That&#39;s basically all That I can Come up with

ROCK ON

Rocktron
05-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Machine Head - &#39;Burn my eyes&#39; album

dgmortal
05-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by The Codfather@12 May 2003 - 12:08
Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution.

thats metal as it should be.
oooooh......good one. or killswitch engage - "temple from the within" is another good one

sandman24
05-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Anything off Metallica&#39;s "Kill &#39;Em All" Album
"And Justice For All"

Slayer - Anything by them "Warring Factions" Especially
Godsmack

For those who trash linkin park and limp bizkit...... Get a grip. Your list is from the fuckin &#39;80s, so your brand of metal is over twenty years old. So like you have a say in the matter&#33;

Any band whether they are popular or not that comes out with a fat, distorted sound that makes you sit up and bang yer head could be considered metal&#33;

Case in point: Staind

Just my 2 cents.

Burre
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by sandman24@14 May 2003 - 14:29
Anything off Metallica&#39;s "Kill &#39;Em All" Album
"And Justice For All"

Slayer - Anything by them "Warring Factions" Especially
Godsmack

For those who trash linkin park and limp bizkit...... Get a grip. Your list is from the fuckin &#39;80s, so your brand of metal is over twenty years old. So like you have a say in the matter&#33;

Any band whether they are popular or not that comes out with a fat, distorted sound that makes you sit up and bang yer head could be considered metal&#33;

Just my 2 cents.
Exactly&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thank You, Sandman&#33;

Ad
05-14-2003, 02:33 PM
im gonna add some more in

angel dust
Immolation
Megadeath
Kreator
Helloween

Benno
05-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by sandman24@14 May 2003 - 16:29

Just my 2 cents.
Im sorry to say but it aint Metal. ;)

btw my list aint fom the 80s, but most bands from that time are still better than Linkin Park

Edit to add:

Thats what Allmusic.com says about Metallica:

Metallica was easily the best, most influential heavy metal band of the &#39;80s, responsible for bringing the music back to Earth.

And Slayer:

Slayer was one of the most distinctive, influential, and extreme thrash metal bands of the 1980s.

Do you notice the &#39;80s ;)

Ad
05-14-2003, 03:08 PM
yes Benno knows what his talking about he certainly knwos his metal and ive seen his files

nu metal aint metal

like Linkin Park Limp Buiscult POD bands like that think there black rap mixing in a bit of heavy guitar sound with Djs and of course they become comercial and everyone thinks there metal

also somone mentioned nirvana sorry aint metal Grunge prur grunge

Lilmiss
05-14-2003, 05:38 PM
talk dirty to me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; - poison.....even the jugheads revenge version kicks ass&#33; :)

xbiggy69
05-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@14 May 2003 - 11:08
yes Benno knows what his talking about he certainly knwos his metal and ive seen his files

nu metal aint metal

like Linkin Park Limp Buiscult POD bands like that think there black rap mixing in a bit of heavy guitar sound with Djs and of course they become comercial and everyone thinks there metal

also somone mentioned nirvana sorry aint metal Grunge prur grunge
It was me who mentionned Nirvana....
I know that Grunge ain&#39;t metal ;) but notice which song I mentioned I didn&#39;t mention any songs THEY wrote ... I mentioned the man who sold the world... Althought this song can be placed under the BALLAD Genre but believe me, to me this song is a classic and I used it as a metal song coz we all know that it&#39;s the only genre that makes the classics, right ;)

WEll Lemme answer you ... 80s ????? What about em , the 80&#39;s music is the only real music in my opinion (80&#39;s and early 90&#39;s) , Because in that music (and only in that music) that you can hear real tunes ( guitar tunes drums bass and especially VOCALS) ... The 80&#39;s bands were the real shit... You will never hear any music like that anymore... I really think that real music had died today... and I don&#39;t think it will ever return...

Beleive me NU-METAL WAS CREATED FOR SUCH BANDS ;)
and NU-METAL ain&#39;t METAL and can never be, nothing can ever be compared to it... Are you trying to say that LINKIN PARK&#39;s In the END, ONE STEP CLOSER, SOMEWHERE I BELONG or anysong you name can be compared to LED ZEPPLIN&#39;s Stairway to Heaven ... HEH NOWAY DUDE B)

ROCK ON

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Yea fuck that linkin park bullshit. and no all the bands listed are not from the 80s, stop watching fuckn mtv and then maybe you&#39;ll know something about other bands than limp dickshit and linkin park crap.

some cool songs

Shadows fall - Of one blood (not from the 80s)
In flames - Clayman (not from the 80s either)
Unearth - My desire (guess when its not from?)
Ozzy - Crazy train (a classic)
Stratovarius - Hunthing high and low (not from the 80s... bla bla bla)
and so much more great songs

so much more, I&#39;m into power-ish metal at the moment... stratovarius, sonata arctica, rhapsody, angel dust, Iron savior, Gamma ray...............

Ad
05-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Limp dick shit

LMFAO :lol: :lol:

thats a great one fred durst what a wanker I hate him so much

Ad
05-15-2003, 07:17 AM
here a few more bands death metal type stuff

VADER
Death
Sepultura
Opeth (black metal)

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 07:25 AM
stop watching fuckn mtv and then maybe you&#39;ll know something about other bands than limp dickshit and linkin park crap.
OMG, I just like them, I even like Linkin Park before some1 else in holland did :P

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:25

stop watching fuckn mtv and then maybe you&#39;ll know something about other bands than limp dickshit and linkin park crap.
OMG, I just like them, I even like Linkin Park before some1 else in holland did :P
if you&#39;re gonna listen to pop at least dont try to hide behind the "its metal" crap and listen to real full on pop or something. I prefer someone who likes britney&#39;s music and knows it is pop manifactured crap but still likes the melodys or whatever else.

PS: SKID ROW hehe i forgot them, download "I remember you" from them, not that heavy metal more harder rock but that songs is great.

Downloading an Yngwie Malmsteen song will make u realise why that LP guitarist sucks. He even said he doesnt like guitar solos... haha thats because he cant play one.

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 07:34 AM
OW SHIT, NOW I AM PISSED :angry: calling linkin park pop??? yeah right, why dont you walk around in a stupic town, with al your metal friends, headbanging and thinking U R cool?? OMFG, U R almost as anoying as that other guy with the stupid name :angry: why dont you learn to apreciate other people???

OR ELSE&#33;&#33; JUST DROP DEAD FUCKER&#33;

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:34
OW SHIT, NOW I AM PISSED :angry: calling linkin park pop??? yeah right, why dont you walk around in a stupic town, with al your metal friends, headbanging and thinking U R cool?? OMFG, U R almost as anoying as that other guy with the stupid name :angry: why dont you learn to apreciate other people???

hahaha classic reply

I really dont look like the stereotype metal fan sorry. and most of my friends dont really like metal.

Also I like some pop when its well done, latin music, arabic music and some classical. Metal beeing my favorite of course but you&#39;re so off.

Just stop listening to what MTV and radio force feeds you. And yes Linkin park are fuckn teen anger pop shit.

Have you actually heard any of the bands/songs ive mentioned?
Compare that to your linkin park crap and suddently i bet LP will starting sounding more pop-ish even to your ears.

PS: You&#39;ll drop dead sooner or later too, theres no rush.

Ad
05-15-2003, 07:38 AM
OW SHIT, NOW I AM PISSED&nbsp; calling linkin park pop??? yeah right, why dont you walk around in a stupic town, with al your metal friends, headbanging and thinking U R cool?? OMFG, U R almost as anoying as that other guy with the stupid name&nbsp; why dont you learn to apreciate other people???

hmmm.. i guees hes stopped being nice now :lol:

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 07:43 AM
I just dont like some1 screaming all the time, I love to hear what they are singing, and linkin park sounds smooth, AND I KNEW THEM BEFORE THE WERE POPULAIR, I almost never listen to populair bands (al least in holland the arent populair) like taproot, trutcompany, deftones, heideroosjes, incubes

N£MO
05-15-2003, 07:44 AM
The word &#39;pop&#39; stems from popular music.

Linkin Park are a &#39;pop&#39; band,their music is in the charts so its &#39;pop&#39;.They might not sound like your average pop band but pop is what they are.I like Linkin Park and like pop so whats the problem.. :D

Some of you kids have got to grow up a bit :P

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:43
I just dont like some1 screaming all the time, I love to hear what they are singing, and linkin park sounds smooth, AND I KNEW THEM BEFORE THE WERE POPULAIR, I almost never listen to populair bands (al least in holland the arent populair) like taproot, trutcompany, deftones, heideroosjes, incubes
problem is not if they are popular or not, its if they are good or not. you dont like screaming all the time?

listen to ozzy, listen to skid row. or if you like rap in metal, listen to stuck mojo, they were the first one to really rap in a metal song, since late 80s.

Dont like the screaming, check out the bands i listed as power-ish metal they never scream.

Get hunting high and low. it has lot of nice vocal melodies and the musicians are actually skilled unlike linkin park.

EDIT: NEMO as long as you know you&#39;re listening to pop its all good. You can listen to what you want i just dont like people going around saying LP is the best metal band. hurts me inside.

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 07:48 AM
pfff, why do you see stop listening to mainstream??? I dont think they have become famous because the suck, and nobody buys crap (altough I hope so)

sandman24
05-15-2003, 07:53 AM
In the END, ONE STEP CLOSER, SOMEWHERE I BELONG or anysong you name can be compared to LED ZEPPLIN&#39;s Stairway to Heaven ... HEH NOWAY DUDE

Great song... don&#39;t get me wrong.... Written in exactly twenty minutes.
I&#39;m afraid that a lot of songs have transcended it though. And the song is definately overplayed.......

As for Metallica and Slayer being the most influential band of the &#39;80s metal scene, I agree.....

But we live NOW in 2003.... There is a lot of talent out there these days that don&#39;t want to conform to the standard METAL straight jacket......

And I think we are forgetting what metal means.........
Not copying or staying with the same old riffs from 20 years ago.
I say if you mix in a DJ or experiment with some sounds or whatever, and the song rocks..... Fuckin aye&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

BTW ... I believe that all music has something to offer, besides we are in musicworld.... So don&#39;t straight jacket yerself to one genre people....

As for the music of the &#39;80s never coming back.... most of it was shit to begin with, so I say good&#33;

One question... has anyone heard any new stuff from Metallica, or is the stuff still the fake band from Edmonton?????

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:48
pfff, why do you see stop listening to mainstream??? I dont think they have become famous because the suck, and nobody buys crap (altough I hope so)
hahaha actually EVERYONE BUYS CRAP.

here we got the dumbest fuckn show ever, an american idol rip off thing. actually we got 2 of those. one with 12 years old kids. the other one with people that cant even sing on key.

and guess what? both were TOP OF THE CHARTS for the longest fuckn time.

People in general dont understand music. So they buy crap. why the fuck do you think back street boys and britney spears made more than 1 cd??? because people are dumb, got no musical ear and buy crap.

do yourself a favor and stop being one of those&#33;

take a look at garageband.com so many good unsigned bands. it aint true that the ones who make it big are the best. other thing.... why the hell do u think theres so much freakn rap out there? because its good music? hell no its drum loops with some dude talking over it while looking like a freakn cliche of himself. But people are stupid so people buy it and record companies want more of the same.

THats what happened with korn and the other shit ass bands like linkin park. Korn were sellings cds so they wanted more of the same kinda band and now we&#39;re stuck with all those shit bands.

Ad
05-15-2003, 07:57 AM
First of all i will say this linkin park are not pop nor are they metal at all.

As for the screaming lolz In flames yes has a lot of screaming in it but listen to alot of power metal it doesnt at all bands like

Iced Earth,
Blind Gurdian, Nevermore,
Helloween
Angel Dust
Control Denied
Dio
Overkill
Queensruche
Rage
Sentenced

all these bands not many people know

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@15 May 2003 - 08:57
all these bands not many people know
thats about to change lets hope&#33;

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 08:09 AM
I completely agree with sandman. :D

and can some1 change the name of musicworld into warworld??? (adthomp&#39;s ID )

N£MO
05-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Someone_Else+15 May 2003 - 08:45--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Someone_Else @ 15 May 2003 - 08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:43
problem is not if they are popular or not, its if they are good or not. you dont like screaming all the time?

listen to ozzy, listen to skid row. or if you like rap in metal, listen to stuck mojo, they were the first one to really rap in a metal song, since late 80s.

Dont like the screaming, check out the bands i listed as power-ish metal they never scream.

Get hunting high and low. it has lot of nice vocal melodies and the musicians are actually skilled unlike linkin park.

EDIT: NEMO as long as you know you&#39;re listening to pop its all good. You can listen to what you want i just dont like people going around saying LP is the best metal band. hurts me inside. [/b][/quote]
I dont put up bounderies.

I just like good music whatever the genre.

Slating other music because you dont like it is pretty childish.We are all entitled to our own opinions,just because you dont like some music it doesn&#39;t make it right to say its shite.

It would be so boring if we all had the same tastes and the diversity of music in the world is great.I like to hunt out unknown bands rather then just jump on the bandwagon of other peoples &#39;pop&#39; choices. :)

@adthomp,your not sharing any of the bands you listed,shame as would have liked to check out some of your recommendations ;)

dgmortal
05-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by sandman24@15 May 2003 - 02:53
As for Metallica and Slayer being the most influential band of the &#39;80s metal scene, I agree.....
you cant leave sepultura out of that one ;)

Ad
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
you cant leave sepultura out of that one&nbsp;

yes and megadeath too

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
completely agree, I dont give a f*ck if LP is pop, classic, nu metal or rap :P

Ad
05-15-2003, 08:22 AM
@adthomp,your not sharing any of the bands you listed,shame as would have liked to check out some of your recommendations&nbsp; dont know if ur joking or not but if ur serious ill get ripping straight away im showing getting there with my ripping :lol:

N£MO
05-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@15 May 2003 - 09:22

@adthomp,your not sharing any of the bands you listed,shame as would have liked to check out some of your recommendations dont know if ur joking or not but if ur serious ill get ripping straight away im showing getting there with my ripping :lol:
I was being serious as i said i&#39;m into all genre&#39;s of music and i play the guitar so appreciate a good guitarist.

So get ripping dude :D

opivy
05-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Someone_Else@15 May 2003 - 08:55
.... why the hell do u think theres so much freakn rap out there? because its good music? hell no its drum loops with some dude talking over it while looking like a freakn cliche of himself. But people are stupid so people buy it and record companies want more of the same.

Your a fucking idiot if you think thats all rap is.
Seem&#39;s like your the stupid one or atleast you sound stupid saying people dont have musical ears who cares if they do you listen to what you like and they do the same whats so wrong with that?

Ad
05-15-2003, 10:51 AM
I was being serious as i said i&#39;m into all genre&#39;s of music and i play the guitar so appreciate a good guitarist.

So get ripping dude&nbsp;

Im ripping right now as I type finally got a new burner so wooo hooo i can rip all my stuff now

Burre
05-15-2003, 12:07 PM
:huh: wow&#33;&#33; I haven´t checked out my post in a whle and it all turned into a big discussion of what is real metal&#33;
who gives a fuck&#33;
there is no set standard for what genre a band is, say f. ex. : pop means popular , then suddenly Metallica is POP? show me where it says the description of what metal is&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; you might say that a metal song needs a solo, or big riffs, but that is nothing more than your personal opinion.
I just intended to get a list of great songs, that were not britney or N´sync and other shit.
someones taste in music is not something that can be argued with&#33;&#33;
If you are one of those that stopped listening to Metallica because you think they sold out, or never listen to LP, because they are to "pop", then maybe you don´t understand the value of music. Maybe its all about identity for you? in that case, noone wants to hear about it. If you hate LP so bad, buy a poster and some darts and knock yourself out. as for the value of music,
it doesn´t fucking matter what they look like, what their names are, if they are gay, if they wear masks or dildos on their heads. If what comes out of your god damn speaker makes you "snap", and start to bang your head, then that is metal...TO YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;and I, for one would like to know about it&#33; we are in minority, and we don´t have a fuckin´hit list, so lets communicate&#33;
if you hate a band, or don´t think it can be categorized as metal, O.....K- SO THEN YOU THINK THAT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now tell me the kickassest song you ever heard&#33;&#33;&#33; &#092;||/, :devil: ,&#092;||/

Benno
05-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Burre@15 May 2003 - 14:07

Now tell me the kickassest song you ever heard&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; &#092;||/,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; :devil:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ,&#092;||/
Sorry simply not possible :P

Edit: N£MO you can get some of the bands adthomp mentioned from me.

Ad
05-15-2003, 02:07 PM
most kickass song hah??? hmmmm

I can go on all day too many

sandman24
05-15-2003, 04:24 PM
wow&#33;&#33; I haven´t checked out my post in a whle and it all turned into a big discussion of what is real metal&#33;
who gives a fuck&#33;
there is no set standard for what genre a band is, say f. ex. : pop means popular , then suddenly Metallica is POP? show me where it says the description of what metal is&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; you might say that a metal song needs a solo, or big riffs, but that is nothing more than your personal opinion.
I just intended to get a list of great songs, that were not britney or N´sync and other shit.
someones taste in music is not something that can be argued with&#33;&#33;
If you are one of those that stopped listening to Metallica because you think they sold out, or never listen to LP, because they are to "pop", then maybe you don´t understand the value of music. Maybe its all about identity for you? in that case, noone wants to hear about it. If you hate LP so bad, buy a poster and some darts and knock yourself out. as for the value of music,
it doesn´t fucking matter what they look like, what their names are, if they are gay, if they wear masks or dildos on their heads. If what comes out of your god damn speaker makes you "snap", and start to bang your head, then that is metal...TO YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;and I, for one would like to know about it&#33; we are in minority, and we don´t have a fuckin´hit list, so lets communicate&#33;
if you hate a band, or don´t think it can be categorized as metal, O.....K- SO THEN YOU THINK THAT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now tell me the kickassest song you ever heard&#33;&#33;&#33; &#092;||/,&nbsp; ,&#092;||/

Bang on my friend&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

As for the most kickass song?????

Lots&#33; I would say right now it is I Stand Alone by Godsmack
or I Fuckin Hate You

That&#39;s for today anyways.......

Someone_Else
05-15-2003, 06:46 PM
best song i stand alone by freakn godsmack? sad world...

ok first for that guy that said i dont know what rap is. Yes i know theres other rap than all that wannabe gangster rap on tv. but what is the rap thats selling millions of cd? its crappy wannabe gangster rap so thats why I&#39;m talking about that kind of rap you dumbfuck. Id I&#39;m talking about crowds buying shit music, I&#39;m not gonna talk about rap artist that are not selling lot of cds right now. THINK.

And yes I know its all about taste, as I said, I listen to a lot of music including SOME POP WHEN ITS WELL DONE. The difference is that i know that it is pop, and i dont mind it.

What bothers me is people saying how heavy or how metal LP or LB are. or all those shitty bands. For one thing, all the linkin park songs sound the fuckn same. That new cd is terrible. I like the singing voice of that dude in linkin park but the music behind it sucks, its not original we&#39;ve heard it all before, they didnt invent anything. want to listen to guitars with rap? Download some Stuck Mojo as I said, the MC is actually talented not just a wanna be MC, and Rich ward (on guitar) has some kick ass riffs and cool solos.

You&#39;re aguing with me because you&#39;ve not listened to enough stuff yet.

also by pop i dont mean popular by pop i mean a sound. A sound that is pop. Watered down metal is what linkin park is. Play some Slayer to a 12years old little girl she&#39;ll run away screaming and crying. 12 years old little actually like linkin park. See the difference?

Theres also a difference in musicianship, Linkin park couldnt do a cover of metallica if their life depends on it. The drummer isnt good enough and the gutiarist couldnt even start to play the 3 first notes of one their solos.

And no i didnt stop listening to metallica when they got popular, I actually never really liked them, I only like their soft melodic songs, i hate when they try to be heavy.

And music is about taste and opinion but theres a difference between an educated opinion and an uneducated one.

Simple exemple, get together a bunch of people, and 2 drummers. THe first drummer will roll all over his toms as fast as possible. The second drummer will play some complicated syncopated jazz beat at a slower tempo than the first one. Ask the crows whos the best drummer. 99% will say the first one that did the fast rolls. Any musician will tell you its actually the second one.

PS: I&#39;ve tried that experiment and it works. And it proves that the opinion of the masses is crap... damn no need for that... check out how many cds britney sold. she CANNOT even sing. its not a problem that she is pop, that i dont like her music. im beeing totaly objective she cant sing. how the fuck does someone that cant sing can sell so many damn cds singing???

Benno
05-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Someone_Else@15 May 2003 - 20:46
she CANNOT even sing. its not a problem that she is pop, that i dont like her music. im beeing totaly objective she cant sing. how the fuck does someone that cant sing can sell so many damn cds singing???
Its all about the tits. ;)

Burre
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
its OK, "someone else", its O-K.
did you read my last post? read it again.
-of course slayer, pantera, metallica are more talented musicians than say, LP.
but still, I might like some LP songs better, despise of that. If U only like music that is technically good, then that is a clear symptom of psychopathy. sorry.
+ If sandman likes Godsmack, so what&#33;&#33; can´t U handle that someone has different taste from U? does it make U feel insecure? what the fuck is the problem?

Guillaume
05-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Benno@15 May 2003 - 20:01
Its all about the tits. ;)
Exactly ,that&#39;s why Britney and her clones are showing more and more skin&#33; Just look at them shaking their not-so-covered asses but turn off the sound of your TV&#33;

As for the kickass song question it&#39;d be Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse ( sheer brutality ).

Benno
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@15 May 2003 - 21:12
As for the kickass song question it&#39;d be Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse ( sheer brutality ).
Very good choice. B)

Someone_Else
05-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Burre@15 May 2003 - 20:04
its OK, "someone else", its O-K.
did you read my last post? read it again.
-of course slayer, pantera, metallica are more talented musicians than say, LP.
but still, I might like some LP songs better, despise of that. If U only like music that is technically good, then that is a clear symptom of psychopathy. sorry.
+ If sandman likes Godsmack, so what&#33;&#33; can´t U handle that someone has different taste from U? does it make U feel insecure? what the fuck is the problem?
im actually a big fan of nirvana and they have really simple songs with a singer that is not always singing perfectly in tune. And they are also very popular. you&#39;re gonna have a hard time getting me on my tastes, i like it all as long as its well done and somewhat original.

All LP songs sound the same. Their biggest hit of the last cd was "in the end" with the dude rapping in the verse and the other singing in the chorus. Guess whats the forumla of the new album??? yup, asian guy raps all the verse except for one song, and the other guy sings all the chorus. wow. so much originality. we never heard that before.

LP songs are just riffs made of 3-4 power chords. Basic rock beat with bass on 1&3, snare on 2&4 and some added bass hits here and there to make it cool. Bass plays root notes. It&#39;s formulatic boring pop stuff. If you really want to listen to nu metal put on a korn cd, at least they inveted the genre they&#39;re not just a rip off.

those guys couldnt even play the C major scale if asked to. they have no skills as musicians. And not much more at song writing eventho this might be a little more subjective.

Ad
05-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Ive gotot say godsmack might actully be grunge not metal

ok they are heavy I love that song "I Fucking Hate You" great for when your pissed off at someone Dont get me wrong I am a HUGE grunge fan and godsmack are heavy but I think there more grunge then metal

Clear Illusions
05-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Without a doubt, System Of A Down.

A band that can sell over 3 million copies of an album that talks about the pitfalls of capitalism in conservative crazy America has to be doing something right.

Someone_Else
05-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Clear Illusions@16 May 2003 - 07:55
Without a doubt, System Of A Down.

A band that can sell over 3 million copies of an album that talks about the pitfalls of capitalism in conservative crazy America has to be doing something right.
System&#39;s first cd was great... very original and fucked up in a way... I didnt like the second one... Didnt fit together somehow... sounded like random noise... some songs sounded like it was just 2 songs that have nothing do with each other put together for the hell of it...

Clear Illusions
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
There first two CD&#39;s are excellent but the third CD, "Steal This Album" is my fav. :)

xodeathbloomsox
05-17-2003, 06:14 AM
System is Great, but my fav band is Mudvayne. They&#39;re "math metal".

I recently got my guitar(Warlock:)), and i&#39;ve been playing Metallica for the last couple of days.

My favs would have to be Call of Ktulu, Fade to Black, and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Linkin Park is overly simplistic and overrated.

Limp Bizkit, after their performance on MTV Icon, has regained my respect, they kicked ass.

nahan
05-17-2003, 06:30 AM
No way, Sound Garden is the best

Audio slave is very good also.

You cant beat Chris Cornell he IS the fucking best.
No more talk about Limp biscutts,they&#39;re horrible

kassinopious
05-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Dragonforce - Black Winter Night (Album Version) &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; best song EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;

LabattHockey
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Slipknot, Mudvayne, best "newer" metal definitely.

lee551
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
What is YOUR favourite METAL/HARD ROCK/METAL BALLAD song at the moment?
not favourite band!!!!
tell me the best fuckin' song you ever heard..

recently it's been:

and the hero fails - the escape
and the hero fails - they came covered in snow
winds of plague - one body too many
silent civilian - funeral
phoenix mourning - across twenty-six winters

some not-so-new stuff i've been revisiting:

trivium - washing me away in the tides
mudvayne - nothing to gein
stabbing westward - on your way down
sepultura - territory (**it has to be the live version from 'under a pale grey sky' though. just for the most wicked of all wicked tom intros)

cpt_azad
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Guys, the title says metal, bands like System of a Down and Audioslave are anything but metal (yet they still kick ass) so stay on topic.

I'm tempted to say Slipknot but they're sadly not metal either, so my vote goes to none other than Metallica (pre Black Album).

jetje
05-18-2006, 12:22 PM
gordon - kon ik maar even bij je zijn!

tjee, a 2003 thread digged up ....

Celerystalksme
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Guys, the title says metal, bands like System of a Down and Audioslave are anything but metal (yet they still kick ass) so stay on topic.

I'm tempted to say Slipknot but they're sadly not metal either, so my vote goes to none other than Metallica (pre Black Album).

You do realise most of these ppl have stopped coming here for a good 3 years?

cpt_azad
05-19-2006, 05:23 AM

You do realise most of these ppl have stopped coming here for a good 3 years?

lawl :shutup:

nortroll
05-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Ok, first of all I just want to say that bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit is NOT Metal!
If you give Britney Spears a guitar, is that Metal? NO!!!

And now to the Question...
My favourite Metal songs at the moment is:

Burzum - Det Som En Gang Var and My Journey to the Stars
Judas Iscariot - Conjuring Hell's Fire
Nargaroth - Manchmal Wenn Sie Schläft
Slavland - Objawienie
Satyricon - K.I.N.G and Mother North
Immortal - Withstand The Fall Of Time

cpt_azad
05-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Ok, first of all I just want to say that bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit is NOT Metal!
If you give Britney Spears a guitar, is that Metal? NO!!!

And now to the Question...
My favourite Metal songs at the moment is:

Burzum - Det Som En Gang Var and My Journey to the Stars
Judas Iscariot - Conjuring Hell's Fire
Nargaroth - Manchmal Wenn Sie Schläft
Slavland - Objawienie
Satyricon - K.I.N.G and Mother North
Immortal - Withstand The Fall Of Time

While we're at it, lemme just point out the songs/bands you picked are not metal either, but hey they're sub-genre which is always good :) :lookaroun

Softimager
05-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Lordi are the best :)

nortroll
05-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Haha...yeah Lordi rocks \m/