PDA

View Full Version : Firefox bookmarks

vidcc
01-08-2006, 06:57 PM
I had a computer fry up on me just before Christmas and as it contained lots of family photos that i don't want to lose I put the hard drive into another computer as a slave. All is well except i wish to transfer the bookmarks from the firefox on the slave drive onto the firefox on the master. I tried running firefox from the slave but for some reason only the bookmarks from the master show :unsure:

Anyone know which file to transfer using import from file in the bookmark manager?

Thanks in advance

Busyman
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I had a computer fry up on me just before Christmas and as it contained lots of family photos that i don't want to lose I put the hard drive into another computer as a slave. All is well except i wish to transfer the bookmarks from the firefox on the slave drive onto the firefox on the master. I tried running firefox from the slave but for some reason only the bookmarks from the master show :unsure:

Anyone know which file to transfer using import from file in the bookmark manager?

Thanks in advance
Don't know about the bookmarks but please, please back your photos up on a CD or DVD.

Guillaume
01-08-2006, 07:34 PM
The one that's in C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default :unsure:

tesco
01-08-2006, 07:45 PM
The one that's in C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default :unsure:
the file is called bookmarks.html, just copy it from the slave driive to the new drive

vidcc
01-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Ah thanks. I was looking for it in the firefox (program files) and it wasn't there. (obviously) Oddly enough it had the IE favourites file which i had imported when i "converted" which were not the ones i was looking for..... wierd
@ Busy

I put the pictures on cd at regular intervals. It usually takes about one month to fill an entire cd. The ones i was worried about were recently taken and i hadn't gotten around to put them onto cd.

Busyman
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Ah thanks. I was looking for it in the firefox (program files) and it wasn't there. (obviously) Oddly enough it had the IE favourites file which i had imported when i "converted" which were not the ones i was looking for..... wierd
@ Busy

I put the pictures on cd at regular intervals. It usually takes about one month to fill an entire cd. The ones i was worried about were recently taken and i hadn't gotten around to put them onto cd.
Gotcha.

clocker
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Vid,
Now that you have Firefox setup again use mozbackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/) to make a copy .
This app will make an image of your entire Firefox install, settings, extensions, bookmarks...all of it, that you can export to storage and reapply over a new install to get back to the way you were.
Very handy.

peat moss
01-11-2006, 06:34 AM
@ Busy

Gotcha.

Just get a couple of cd -rw and use for backup . My wife only uses the computer for pic's and ITM . After a crash she sure was pissed at me for the loss of her fav. pictures . Now she burns to a rw and then when she has enought she copies to a cd for safe keeping .

With a cd rw you can add or delete perfect for this type of problem . :)

Oh sorry , about the bookmarks you can export and save aswell .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=firefox+export+save+bookmarks&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

j2k4
01-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Vid,
Now that you have Firefox setup again use mozbackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/) to make a copy .
This app will make an image of your entire Firefox install, settings, extensions, bookmarks...all of it, that you can export to storage and reapply over a new install to get back to the way you were.
Very handy.

Just so.

Works a charm. :)

harrycary
01-14-2006, 12:42 AM
I backup my favorites simply by opening Firefox, going into "manage bookmarks" then selecting "export" from the File menu to save them.

I actually export them directly to the portable version of Firefox I have on a USB drive.