Sunday, February 5
Ford Field, Detroit, Mich.
6 p.m. on ABC

maebach
01-09-2006, 02:57 AM
super bowl thread already?

Skiz
01-22-2006, 11:47 PM
I picked Seattle and Pittsburg to play the big game all the way back to week 1. I'm one game away from picking it correctly. :w00t:

manker
01-23-2006, 12:10 AM
I picked Seattle and Pittsburg to play the big game all the way back to week 1. I'm one game away from picking it correctly. :w00t:
You got anything riding on it?

fkdup74
01-23-2006, 12:25 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1236672&postcount=8

Skiz
01-23-2006, 01:16 AM

I'd like to say yes, but nope...no wagers. I'm sure I'll place some small bets with friends on the Super Bowl though with friends. Prolly $20 er something small, just to make it a bit more interesting.

manker
01-23-2006, 01:28 AM

I'd like to say yes, but nope...no wagers. I'm sure I'll place some small bets with friends on the Super Bowl though with friends. Prolly $20 er something small, just to make it a bit more interesting.Made me think; it would have been a great bet to make, back in week one.

I put a tenner on four teams to win their respective English soccer leagues every year at the start of the season.

Not won in six years, not likely to this time neither :dabs:

Busyman
01-23-2006, 06:46 AM
I was half right. Carolina got trounced.

mank pulled up donut this time.

I have Pitt winning it all.

I must say Seattle is looking very strong though.

They beat Washington without Alexander and then looked unstoppable with him against the Panthers.

They got the run and the pass.:ermm: ....and they showed they had the D.

Pitt will, however, break their offensive line up nicely so we'll see if Hasselbeck can handle their pressure.

We'll also see how they handle Bettis. Carolina did pretty good with him but that's 'cause Coward keeps running him street up the middle.

Adster
01-23-2006, 12:00 PM
what a fucking great day denver GONESKIS!!! yes go steelers!

Skiz
01-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I was half right. Carolina got trounced.

mank pulled up donut this time.

I have Pitt winning it all.

I must say Seattle is looking very strong though.

They beat Washington without Alexander and then looked unstoppable with him against the Panthers.

They got the run and the pass.:ermm: ....and they showed they had the D.

Pitt will, however, break their offensive line up nicely so we'll see if Hasselbeck can handle their pressure.

We'll also see how they handle Bettis. Carolina did pretty good with him but that's 'cause Coward keeps running him street up the middle.

I think the Steelers will pull out a win as well.

Off-topic - Did you guys see that Kobe put 81 points last night? :O

manker
01-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I think the Steelers will win.

However, my pick is Seattle because I hate picking a team that I really don't want to win the thing.

I've lost a lot of money that way :dabs:

maebach
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I hate the steeler's so I hope the seahawks win.

BigBank_Hank
01-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I like Pittsburgh to win in probably what’s going to be a close game.

Pitt’s defense has been playing extremely well but they’ve never faced an offensive line that’s as talented as Seattle. Don’t get me wrong I think that Indy had a great O line but they aren’t as physically dominating like Seattle’s is.

Adster
02-01-2006, 04:08 AM
whast with the 2 weeks break now it sucks waiting and the hype isnt as big

why did they start the 2 weeks off ?

Busyman
02-01-2006, 05:17 AM
whast with the 2 weeks break now it sucks waiting and the hype isnt as big

why did they start the 2 weeks off ?
I don't think they ever have the Superbowl right after the Conference Championships.:huh:

Adster
02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
really?? i remember watching the super bowl once on australia day which was 26th jan it was tampa and raiders

Busyman
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
really?? i remember watching the super bowl once on australia day which was 26th jan it was tampa and raiders
Mmk. You're right but it wasn't that way last year.

It seems to have changed.

Barbarossa
02-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Why is it called the Extra Large Super Bowl this year? :huh:

Busyman
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Why is it called the Extra Large Super Bowl this year? :huh:
It isn't.:blink:

Cheese
02-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Whoosh.

Busyman
02-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Whoosh.
Damn Cheese gimme some credit.:dry:

When some o you act stupid I can do the same.

hassaholic
02-01-2006, 08:52 PM
steelers big

BigBank_Hank
02-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I still find it weird that Seattle is a 4 point under dog even though they are the number seed coming out of the NFC.

Anyone else betting on this game?

Busyman
02-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I still find it weird that Seattle is a 4 point under dog even though they are the number seed coming out of the NFC.

Anyone else betting on this game?
Who did they play though?

It's kinda like the Eastern and Western Conferences in the NBA years ago.

The west was considerably stronger.

It's worse in football 'cause all teams don't play each other. In the NBA you play everybody.

BigBank_Hank
02-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Seattle really didn’t play that tough of a schedule during that regular season but I was still surprised at how badly the beat Carolina. Even though Carolina had no running game they still had one of the best receivers in the NFL and Seattle completely shut him down.

I hope the Steelers don’t think that they’re going to walk in and just roll over the Seahawks. I think it’ll be a lot closer game than a lot of people seem to think.

Busyman
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Seattle really didn’t play that tough of a schedule during that regular season but I was still surprised at how badly the beat Carolina. Even though Carolina had no running game they still had one of the best receivers in the NFL and Seattle completely shut him down.

I hope the Steelers don’t think that they’re going to walk in and just roll over the Seahawks. I think it’ll be a lot closer game than a lot of people seem to think.
I do too.

You just said it though....one receiver.

Steve Smith was triple covered sometimes.

You have to remember also that Pitt beat harder teams in the playoffs and had to play a wildcard game.

They played Cinncin, the Colts, and Broncos...all tough teams with great records of their own.

Seatlle played the Redskins and Carolina. :ermm:

Hardly a comparison.

NikkiD
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM

I believe that was a few years back before teams had a bye week and the season was only 16 weeks instead of 17. Typically it's always the first Sunday in February now. Always used to be the last Sunday in January from what I can recall.

Celerystalksme
02-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Go Seahawks!!! Teh Luv!!!

maebach
02-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I hope its a good game, a really close one.

By the way, who won last year? :unsure:

Busyman
02-04-2006, 04:32 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

texanact
02-04-2006, 03:07 PM
seahawks...they r goinr to surprise

maebach
02-04-2006, 07:12 PM

I'm serious :mellow: :lookaroun

Busyman
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM

I'm serious :mellow: :lookaroun
The Denver Broncos, silly.

Peerzy
02-04-2006, 08:08 PM
The New England Chavs won last year.

maebach
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, its go0nna be cold in Detroit right? Colder than Seatle that is. Pittsburh can play in the cold, but Seattle isnt, right? I mean, its like the Raiders playing in the snow (kinda like the game a few years ago when NE won with the fucked up incompletion call that I'm still mad at).

Adster
02-05-2006, 01:09 AM
gonna be a royal pain tomorrow Monday have to work ... so I have to record the game at 10am

and tell everybody to STFU dont tell me the score have the radio and tvs off and avoid the internet

Celerystalksme
02-05-2006, 01:22 AM
I gave myself tomorrow off...hahahaha i love my new hours now...two shifts a week in which i choose what days i want :D

Cheese
02-05-2006, 08:18 PM
So what channel is the Superbowl on over here (UK)?

JPaul
02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Sky Sport 1

JPaul
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh and ITV 1, well at least it is in Scotland

fkdup74
02-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I just wanna know why the fuck ABC has to be broadcasting the game :dry:
they have the absolute worst tech crew on the planet
pixelated picture, audio out of sync (feels like I'm watching an old kung fu movie ffs)

I don't even know if I'll watch the damned game (TY ABC for fucking up my SB weekend)
but I have Pitt winning 37-14 :01:

Celerystalksme
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
SBS here in Australia =D

Cheese
02-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Same here, starts at 11.15 pm. I reckon they'd get a lot more viewers if they showed it a bit earlier like.

JPaul
02-05-2006, 10:58 PM

Same here, starts at 11.15 pm. I reckon they'd get a lot more viewers if they showed it a bit earlier like.
:lol: irl, that would be a much better idea. They could probably get quite a good price for the advertising slots as well, maybe make the event commercially viable.

I think i'll stay off the apple for t'night and watch it.

maebach
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
3-0 seahawks so far. Roethlisberger hasn't done anything big. Seahawks could've been up 7-0 but there was a penalty. And the FG was made by Brown.

Peerzy
02-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Goal to the yellow fella!

Did anyone see that number 83 or something nearly have his neck snapped when he jumped over someone and was pushing down towards the ground. T'was funny.

7-3 ftw

They say it it wasn't a goal now :huh:

fkdup74
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
so much for the high scoring game.....I was way off on that one :pinch:

unless it really turns around in the second half that is.....

maebach
02-06-2006, 01:35 AM
I dont think Roehlisberger's touchdown should've counted :dry:

rly. It shouldn't have.

suprafreak6
02-06-2006, 01:41 AM
watching it right now :01: Go Steelers!

j2k4
02-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I don't think Big Ben got in.

Willie Parker definitely did, however. :P

maebach
02-06-2006, 02:08 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYEEAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!111

seahawks got a TD !!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

amazing INT and run.

j2k4
02-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Yeah, nice to see Stevens actually catch the ball.

maebach
02-06-2006, 02:59 AM
yea.

I cant believe the steelers got that reverse play with randle el. I just cant believe it. :(

fkdup74
02-06-2006, 03:39 AM
I don't think Big Ben got in.

Willie Parker definitely did, however. :P

if all the ruling is is that he has to cross even a bit of the liine....he did
the LB knocked his arm back a bit when he hit the ground
but he had crossed it in the air, if only by an inch or so

and yeah, Willie's was a no doubter :D

Busyman
02-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Finally the last of the folks are out of my house. They drank all of my beer.:angry:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS WIN!!! 21 - 10

Hines Ward was MVP!

hippychick
02-06-2006, 04:55 AM
The Seahawks lost :cry: I wanted them to win.:cry: :cry:

Busyman
02-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Things of note:

Roethlisberger did not get in for that TD. After reviewing, the ref still fucked up. The same EXACT thing happened when Tampa Bay beat my Redskins ftw. The Redskins challenged the call, the refs looked at it in slo-mo and still got it wrong.:blink: WTF?!!

Seattle fumbled in the 1Q and they ruled it an incomplete pass. The guy caught the ball then turned. That is a football move that constitutes possession. He then got hit and fumbled.

I think Seattle may have broken the plane for the TD but it was dammmmmn close and agree it wasn't conclusive. I forgot why it wasn't challenged.

The knee clipping call on Hasselback after the interception was a bad call.
You can tackle at the knee, which is what he did. You can't clip a player without the ball at the knee.
That gave Pitt 10 extra yards.

Btw, I had 3 Pittsburghans at my house. Even they agreed that Roethlisberger didn't get in.:mellow:

Busyman
02-06-2006, 04:58 AM
The Seahawks lost :cry: I wanted them to win.:cry: :cry:
I didn't.

There's something I don't like about Matt Hasselback and I wanted Bettis to retire on top and a win in his home town.

Storybook.

Busyman
02-06-2006, 05:01 AM
I just wanna know why the fuck ABC has to be broadcasting the game :dry:
they have the absolute worst tech crew on the planet
pixelated picture, audio out of sync (feels like I'm watching an old kung fu movie ffs)

I don't even know if I'll watch the damned game (TY ABC for fucking up my SB weekend)
but I have Pitt winning 37-14 :01:
You should get HDTV.:D

The prices are way down.

Celerystalksme
02-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Worst ref'in i have ever seen in a major sports event.

That said it was a pretty ordinary fkn game.

Jackson's TD was a TD fuck what anyone else has to say, R*alphabet* wasn't a touchdown, the ball never touched the line, poor Seattle.

Oh well i didn't care for any team really. I hope the Patriots make it next year at least it will give me someone to cheer against. That or the Cards making the superbowl and giving me someone to cheer for...i think the safer bet is on the Pats.

Adster
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
just watched it now taped delayed of cause I went through teh day not finding out the score thank god!! with effort it was hard

good on you steelers amazing what they did

and PS fuck the pats I hope they never make it again i love how brady was booed

Celerystalksme
02-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Un-sportsman like...tisk tisk

*i boo'd him from my living room*

Busyman
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM

Jackson's TD was a TD fuck what anyone else has to say, R*alphabet* wasn't a touchdown, the ball never touched the line, poor Seattle.
That's definitely not the worst refing I've seen.

Btw, the ball doesn't have to touch line.:dry:

edit: Also, after looking at the Jackson catch again....he didn't even get 2 feet in bounds.
It looks like he knocked the pylon over with the same leg that was in bounds.(the left).

The right leg WAS NEVER in bounds on the catch.

If you look closely, you'll see the ref watching Jackson's feet on the catch.

As soon as Jackson's right foot hits out of bounds, the ref waves the catch off.

Busyman
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Btw Celery, what was ordinary about the game?:huh:

Busyman
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM
yea.

I cant believe the steelers got that reverse play with randle el. I just cant believe it. :(
It's called a Flea Flicker and Pitt used it successfully against the Bengals in the playoffs.

BigBank_Hank
02-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Seattle really killed themselves by committing so many penalties and dropping so many passes.

Pittsburgh’s offense looked terrible for most of the game. I don’t think that they managed to get a first down during the entire first quarter. The extra week off really hurt their offense because they were really on fire after the Denver game. Ben never really got in rhythm except for a couple of plays.

The worst part of the game had to be sitting through that god awful halftime show. Man the Stones looked tired out there.

Busyman
02-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Seattle really killed themselves by committing so many penalties and dropping so many passes.

Pittsburgh’s offense looked terrible for most of the game. I don’t think that they managed to get a first down during the entire first quarter. The extra week off really hurt their offense because they were really on fire after the Denver game. Ben never really got in rhythm except for a couple of plays.

The worst part of the game had to be sitting through that god awful halftime show. Man the Stones looked tired out there.
I always like laughing at Mick Jagger dancing around in his 28" slims.:lol: :lol:
Everyone at my house was losin it (while we sang along:lookaroun ).

I have to agree with Aretha Franklin. If you have a Superbowl in Detroit you have a Motown halftime show.

That was CaptainObvious (and would have cost less no doubt).

Pitt's offense looked bad but when it was good, it shone like the sun.

That play at 3rd and 28 when e ran up to the line of scrimmage like it was the edge of a cliff and threw to Hines Ward at the 2 yard line was fucking huge.

Hines Ward was a great pick for MVP. He even caught that shit pass below his knees with his fingertips for a 1st down.
The Flea Flicker for a TD was huge with Randel El throwing.

j2k4
02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I have to agree with Cely and Hank.

It was a thoroughly ordinary game; Seattle wins if Jerramy Stevens doesn't drop all those balls, but if he had caught them, the game would have been no less, and possibly more, ordinary.

I couldn't even figure out who to root for; being an NFC guy, being forced to pull for an ex-(and late-arriving) AFC team against an ex-NFC/NFL team...

I wasn't exactly conflicted, but I couldn't really give a shit, either.

I knew the Stones would suck (they have since the late seventies) so I tuned to the news at the half...the commercials pretty much sucked, too. :dry:

Busyman
02-06-2006, 10:20 PM
It seems if a popular team (Colts or Pats anyone?) is not in the Bowl or at least one team scores 30 the game is ordinary.

I thought the game was great.

Roethlisberger throwing a pick right outside the end zone.
Hasselback doing the same.
Willie Parker's run for the TD.
The Flea Flicker for the TD at 3rd & 28
There's more....

I could have sworn that usually one of the teams in a Superbowl scores at least 30.

I do understand why folks would say the 1st half sucked though. I guess me having 3 Pittsburghans at my house would drive the volume up a notch.

I have to agree with j2 in that...the commercials did suck.

There were about 3 that were very good. Ad agency need to bring their A-game at Superbowl time.:dry: It's about the only time we the viewer are actually willing to watch commercials.

j2k4
02-06-2006, 11:07 PM
It seems if a popular team (Colts or Pats anyone?) is not in the Bowl or at least one team scores 30 the game is ordinary.

There's more....

I could have sworn that usually one of the teams in a Superbowl scores at least 30.

I do understand why folks would say the 1st half sucked though. I guess me having 3 Pittsburghans at my house would drive the volume up a notch.

There were about 3 that were very good. Ad agency need to bring their A-game at Superbowl time.:dry: It's about the only time we the viewer are actually willing to watch commercials.

I would look upon that game no differently if it was the Pats, Colts, or who-have-you.

There was nothing at all extraordinary about it, and apart from one catch by Hines Ward (picking the ball off his shoe-tops) it was basically a collection of botched plays-due to nerves, seemingly-and other miscues.

Oh, and Randle-El threw a perfect pass to Ward.

It resembled a pre-season game but with the starting line-ups standing in for the rookies.

Sorry, B.

Adster
02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
don't take this the wrong way I like Aretha Franklin stuff but I thought the national anthem was done terrible it sounded out of sync with the music it
was mournful

and the game I kinda agree with cely it wasn't the greatest last year was pretty boring too at 14-10 though with seattle on the offense it was living up

but dumb penalites cost seatle I mean 14-10 at the 1 yard line alexander BOOM TD they take the lead instead was a dumb penalty off to the 30 yard line intercept next play

at least it wasnt as bad as giants ravens game 4 or 5 years ago!

as for Big Ben he probaly had his worst game of the year!! when ward scored that TD I said to my old man "theres your MVP"

Busyman
02-06-2006, 11:52 PM

There's more....

I would look upon that game no differently if it was the Pats, Colts, or who-have-you.

There was nothing at all extraordinary about it, and apart from one catch by Hines Ward (picking the ball off his shoe-tops) it was basically a collection of botched plays-due to nerves, seemingly-and other miscues.

It resembled a pre-season game but with the starting line-ups standing in for the rookies.

Sorry, B.
Sorry?:huh: Mmk.:unsure:

Hmmm, Willie Parker's TD run, longest is Superbowl history (80 yards?). You're right. Everyday stuff.

The evasion by Roethlisberger and then not running pass the line of scrimmage to throw for a successfull 1st down at 3rd & 28. Yeah I see 3rd down conversions for 28 yards ALL the time.

Seattle missing 2 field goals when they needed anything. Great stuff.

What makes games extraordinary (besides high scoring) is the hype fueling it.

Seattle was never a team people liked that much until this season. Pitts had Jerome and had history.

j2k4
02-07-2006, 12:09 AM

Sorry, B.
Sorry?:huh: Mmk.:unsure:

Hmmm, Willie Parker's TD run, longest is Superbowl history (80 yards?). You're right. Everyday stuff.

The evasion by Roethlisberger and then not running pass the line of scrimmage to throw for a successfull 1st down at 3rd & 28. Yeah I see 3rd down conversions for 28 yards ALL the time.

Seattle missing 2 field goals when they needed anything. Great stuff.

What makes games extraordinary (besides high scoring) is the hype fueling it.

Seattle was never a team people liked that much until this season. Pitts had Jerome and had history.

Jerome gets it done at home...nice.

Okay.

Missed field goals are always "needed", but are not dramatic unless your name is Scott Norwood.

Parker had a nice 75-yard run, but Marcus Allen's 74-yarder was a whole lot niftier; Parker goes off-tackle, isn't touched, and is totally in the clear 10 yards downfield.

No drama there.

Hype does not make a game...not to me, anyway.

Busyman
02-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Missed field goals are always "needed", but are not dramatic unless your name is Scott Norwood.

Parker had a nice 75-yard run, but Marcus Allen's 74-yarder was a whole lot niftier; Parker goes off-tackle, isn't touched, and is totally in the clear 10 yards downfield.
You know what...I have to agree.

Marcus Allen's run looked doomed and then he made something out of it. Parker ran through a hole as big as a whore's twat.

The field goals wouldn't have tied the game or anything.

However, Parker's run was still extraordinary..just not as extraordinary as Marcus Allen's.

Celerystalksme
02-07-2006, 12:28 AM

edit: Also, after looking at the Jackson catch again....he didn't even get 2 feet in bounds.
It looks like he knocked the pylon over with the same leg that was in bounds.(the left).

As soon as Jackson's right foot hits out of bounds, the ref waves the catch off.

1. So u can touch a ball down at the 10 yard line and its still going to be a touchdown?...i know what you mean...it never crossed in the air either.

2. I was talking about Jackson's touchdown where he got called for pass interferance...it was complete bullshit. Even the commentators for the world broadcast said it was a wrong decision...not to mention the blocking foul on Hasselbank which was complete and utter balls. Talk about paying the ref.

Not that i really care because i had no liking to either team. The game was ordinary because it was never intense...it never flowed, it was just going through the motions for the majority of the game.

Celerystalksme
02-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Its not the worst ref'n i've seen in any sport. The worst i saw was in the Rugby League preliminary final of 2004: Cowboys Vs Roosters (Rorters). 5 of the worst decisions ever made of all time.

Busyman
02-07-2006, 12:56 AM

1. So u can touch a ball down at the 10 yard line and its still going to be a touchdown?...i know what you mean...it never crossed in the air either.

2. I was talking about Jackson's touchdown where he got called for pass interferance...it was complete bullshit. Even the commentators for the world broadcast said it was a wrong decision...not to mention the blocking foul on Hasselbank which was complete and utter balls. Talk about paying the ref.

Not that i really care because i had no liking to either team. The game was ordinary because it was never intense...it never flowed, it was just going through the motions for the majority of the game.
I was just saying that usually when as a spectator, one has no liking for either team, events that take place tend to seem boring. It's worse when the team you are rooting for is losing.

I don't know what you refer to in #1. :1dunno:

Jackson's TD was pass interference. He extended his arm.
If a player extends their arm, it essentially freezes you. His arm extension on the fella for the catch is how he caught the ball. Had he not extended the arm to creat distance, the player checking could've stayed with him.

Ask yourself what chance the player checking Jackson would've had after an extended arm in his grill. Not much.
I do it basketball all the time to create space.

The block foul was definitely bullshit. They called it as if it was on....a blocker but it was a tackle on the man with ball..so WTF?

Celerystalksme
02-07-2006, 01:08 AM
1. Was the R*alphabet* touchdown...i didn't think it crossed the line in the air...but yeah some people do.

j2k4
02-07-2006, 01:15 AM

You know what...I have to agree.

Now that's extraordinary...:P

Marcus Allen's run looked doomed and then he made something out of it. Parker ran through a hole as big as a whore's twat.

However, Parker's run was still extraordinary..just not as extraordinary as Marcus Allen's.

Nah.

Even I, at my advanced age, could run through a "hole as big as a whore's twat".

In the NFL, a tailback clearing a hole like that and not taking it to the house would be extraordinary.

I'll save you some time and assume your further agreement. :)

Adster
02-07-2006, 01:23 AM
1. Was the R*alphabet* touchdown...i didn't think it crossed the line in the air...but yeah some people do.

I don't think it was but like the league benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team

in other words in American language

inconclusive evidence didn't show enough to have it over turned

Busyman
02-07-2006, 02:10 AM
I don't.

However, I looked at the replay recently and if the camera is looking STRAIGHT down the line....the ball did catch it slightly.....but wtf, the motherfucking ref is supposed to make a call when he see an infraction, not when he figures it out.:dog:Run-On:dog:

I think if it was ruled down it would not have been looked at on replay at all.

Busyman
02-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Ha.

I see they did the Disneyworld/Superbowl commercial a little differently this year.

You hear the "When You Wish Upon A Star" song with Hines Ward Superbowl highlights...the fingertip catch...the skipping in the end zone (looked very faggety with that song playin)...him holding the MVP award...then
"Hines Ward, you've just won the SuperBowl. Where are you going?"

He says, "I'm going to DisneyWorld."

Then the Disney logo comes on the screen and it fades...

Then all of sudden it comes back on and Hines says, "and I'm taking the Bus" as he stands next to Jerome Bettis.

That was cool.:happy:

j2k4
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Ha.

I see they did the Disneyworld/Superbowl commercial a little differently this year.

You hear the "When You Wish Upon A Star" song with Hines Ward Superbowl highlights...the fingertip catch...the skipping in the end zone (looked very faggety with that song playin)...him holding the MVP award...then

Then all of sudden it comes back on and Hines says, "and I'm taking the Bus" as he stands next to Jerome Bettis.

All this sloppy sentimentality from grown men...:P

Busyman
02-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Ha.

:(

Busyman
02-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Ha!

Roethlisberger even admitted on David Letterman that he didn't get in.

David also shaved that shit ring from around Roeth's face. :thumbsup:

j2k4
02-08-2006, 01:54 AM
:(

Oh, gee whiz. :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, okay?

Pretty sentimental myself...;)

BigBank_Hank
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
You old softy :cry: