PDA

View Full Version : Apparently

JPaul
01-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Iran is considering changing to trading oil in Euros and setting up it's own exchange to do so. It is also inviting other countries to use their exchange and also trade in Euros. It seems Saudi Arabia is considering joining them

Is it possible that the US Dollar might lose it's place as the World currency and if so what effect might this have on the US economy. What steps would the US be willing to take to prevent such events taking place.

Iraq changed to trading in Euros (from Dollars) a few years ago, however after the US and allied invasion the trading was changed back to the US Dollar.

vidcc
01-11-2006, 12:22 AM
I think the really tough one to swallow will be if China decides to shift its foreign exchange reserves to the Euro from the dollar as it has been hinting

BawA
01-11-2006, 04:59 AM
i dont think saudi will join the iran or change to euro exchange, they are good allies of america and recently america helped them to join world trade org, china m8 do.

JPaul
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
i dont think saudi will join the iran or change to euro exchange, they are good allies of america and recently america helped them to join world trade org, china m8 do.
I wouldn't be so sure.

It wouldn't be the first empire to be surprised at the news of it's demise.

Barbarossa
01-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Is the Euro any good now then? :blink: