PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Sharon's...

j2k4
01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
...involvement in the mideast political scene is most likely ended, whether he survives his ordeal or not.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Snee
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, he's done with. Braindead or dead.

Might be bad luck for the arabs, for all their claims of disliking him.

The next chap may be a lot worse.

j2k4
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I wonder if the fact will serve as a caution for Iran, or embolden them?

Ahmadinejad is a serious asshole...:huh:

Snee
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Just heard that Sharon's condition has improved. And that his party are considering putting him on the list for re-election.

The other day he was supposed to be brain-dead, and he'd already sustained brain damage :blink:

I'm a bit confused now.

j2k4
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Just heard that Sharon's condition has improved. And that his party are considering putting him on the list for re-election.

The other day he was supposed to be brain-dead, and he'd already sustained brain damage :blink:

I'm a bit confused now.

I'd wager it is strictly pro forma, absent further information.

Busyman
01-12-2006, 09:51 AM

I'm a bit confused now.
All of that is no different than our President.

j2k4
01-12-2006, 08:29 PM

I'm a bit confused now.
All of that is no different than our President.

Smart-assed, but not too serviceable.

Biggles
01-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I think most of us know someone who has had a major stroke. Mr Sharon needs all the time he can get to recover and regain his strength. At 77 I would suggest that he is to all intents and purposes retired.

His deputy would seem to be pretty much in tune with Sharrons direction and has allowed voting in East Jerusalem for the Palestinian elections. The big problem is waiting in the wings should Likud win the next Israeli election.

I thought Pat Robertson's contribution to the deliberations a tad surreal. I was pleased to hear that even Mr Bush thought he was off the wall.

As to the Iranians, it is difficult to tell how much is simply posture. There is something of a vacuum in the ME following the demise of Saddam and Iran would like to be a main player in the region. A position that is not an unrealistic ambition if they play their cards right.

j2k4
01-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I thought Pat Robertson's contribution to the deliberations a tad surreal. I was pleased to hear that even Mr Bush thought he was off the wall.

Hmmm.

Surprised, too, no doubt...:P

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Hmmm.

Surprised, too, no doubt...:P

:lol:

..... and relieved :ph34r:

Busyman
01-14-2006, 03:42 AM
I can't believe Pat has followers.

I love when folks make worldly happenings a punishment from God but for their personal reasons.

I've terrorists say 9-11 was punishment from God against America.
The tsunami was punishment.
Yet I wonder what terrorists would say the reason for the earthquakes in Pakistan was.:unsure:

Snee
01-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Prolly passing it off as God's punishment for letting their youths grow their hair too long, or something.

As long as there are people they don't like, anywhere disaster strikes, they can prolly make up a reason for it that fits.

Disasasters and deaths might be just the ticket to keep people in line. "See what happens when you don't behave?"

j2k4
01-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Disasasters and deaths might be just the ticket to keep people in line. "See what happens when you don't behave?"

You mock one of the great parental prerogatives, yet would balk from ascribing such disasters (the Pakistani earthquake) to God (why would he do that?) and failing to blame mankind (who has not the capability), yet mankind is surely responsible for the natural disaster that is global warming...:huh:

Never mind me, just stream-of-consciousness musings...:P