PDA

View Full Version : File extraction help

Richmeister
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I just DLed a DVD, but there are no .rar files in any of the files that I DLed. I've never had this happen before so I'm asking how I could extract it. I've already repaired all the files that needed repairing using quick par, and I thought that would make it extractable. Do I have to manually archive them as .rar files then extract them? Or is there another way?

Chewie
01-12-2006, 01:59 AM
You'd be giving us a chance if you told us what sort of files you have.

My guess is that the files have extensions running *.001, *.002, *.003, *.004 ...and so on.
If this is the case, then double click the *.001 file and select WinRAR from the Open with... dialog box, then extract to wherever you like.

gujjugreat
01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
did you succeed with this. Let us know what kind of files are there in the archive you downloade. there should surely be a way.

Richmeister
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Yes, I found out what the problem was. Sorry for letting this topic float around for so long without a reply. Apparently what happened (and it has happened since my experience with this particular file) was the files were seperated but they weren't being recognized by my WinRAR program. So after several sessions of trial and error, I opened one of the files and manually set the opening program to WinRAR and it extracted correctly.