PDA

View Full Version : Help with Grabit and NZB files please

digmen1
01-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Guys

I am completely new to newsgroups, and like others would like to try them.

I have subscibed to my ISP's newsgroups. I have downloaded and installed Grabit. But I find it a bit user unfriendly. I find it hard to get any listings of songs or myusc or Mp3's so I do not know if it is me or my ISP's newgroup selection.

I see in this forum there are some NZB listings for music. Can I cut and paste one of these into Grabit so that I can get a feel for user groups ?

I have read the tutorials, but they don't seem to cover this aspcet very well.

Regards

Digby

Damnatory
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
In Grabit, click Edit >> Preferences:

Under the interface tab, there is an option down at the bottom to associate NZB files with the Grabit program. Make sure that checkbox is checked.
Then all you have to do is download the NZB file from our NZB section and either open it in the associated application, or save it to your computer and doubleclick it, it will open in Grabit and ask to you if you want to import the file selected. Click the grab button, and everything else is automatic.

S!X
01-13-2006, 03:19 AM

Under the interface tab, there is an option down at the bottom to associate NZB files with the Grabit program. Make sure that checkbox is checked.
Then all you have to do is download the NZB file from our NZB section and either open it in the associated application, or save it to your computer and doubleclick it, it will open in Grabit and ask to you if you want to import the file selected. Click the grab button, and everything else is automatic.

I have mine setup like that but the dl's wont start..

Gripper
01-14-2006, 12:18 PM

All I'm getting is a folder full of .nfo files,what am I doing wrong,I just tried d/loading the smallville in the nzb section?

Nevermind I have done some reading up and found it is a bug in Grabbit,actually got one d/loading now:01: