PDA

View Full Version : I need Help.

jdpatel
01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I've gone over the GrabIt tutorial and the Newsleecher tutorial. When I want to do download something and I use the NZB file I get off FilesharingTalk, it starts downloading all the files fast and gets done really fast both in Newsleecher and GrabIt. Then when I go to open the files they are just Zero byte text files. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong and if I am what is it.

Damnatory
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I've gone over the GrabIt tutorial and the Newsleecher tutorial. When I want to do download something and I use the NZB file I get off FilesharingTalk, it starts downloading all the files fast and gets done really fast both in Newsleecher and GrabIt. Then when I go to open the files they are just Zero byte text files. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong and if I am what is it.
No, you aren't doing anything wrong application-wise.
However, you are downloading NZB files that are much to old and not available anymore for your retention. Depending on what usenet server you connect through, you will get between 2 Days of retention (ISP servers), to 40 Days (NewsHosting) up to 70 Days of retention (GigaNews).

If the files have been posted longer than your retention allows you to grab them, then you just get alot of zero byte text files, and a useless download.