PDA

View Full Version : Which mp3 player would you choose?

kazaaman
01-16-2006, 05:03 AM
I definitely don't want an Ipod because I've seen how easily it gets scratched and how you need to have iTunes for anything. Right now I have two choices pending. I am going to only get one of them. I can't choose between the Sony Walkman Core (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=NWE507&Dept=audio&CategoryName=audio_mp3players_style_core) and the Zen Vision M (http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14331). The Zen Vision M has the pictures and video compatibility but all I really need is music. So I am just wondering what do you think? Go for the more portable or the more feature list. Any other great mp3 players you guys know of? Price should be about no more than $350.

-Thanx

S!X
01-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Ive got the walkman core NW-E507, its really good.... awesome battery life, fm radio, very compact... the only downside is the space... 1GB isnt really enough but it should hold me for awhile. More space is a good thing so id say go with the zen :blink:

suprafreak6
01-16-2006, 05:46 AM
then zen looks really nice

S!X
01-16-2006, 06:02 AM
then zen looks really nice

Looks aren't everything. :dry:

Vargas
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
i think i'd go with the zen, for the record FM and divx support

kazaaman
01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Whoa I didn't know it supported Divx, yea the sony is really sleek and looks insane. But I think the Zen has more value for the money. Like more space, videos, photos, and all that.

Thanks for the opinions!

{I}{K}{E}
01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I definitely don't want an Ipod because I've seen how easily it gets scratched and how you need to have iTunes for anything.

That's not true. i use winamp to copy music to my iPod.

there are many programs that you can use instead of iTunes.

iPods don't get 'scratches' faster then any other mp3 player with a display :huh:

S!X
01-17-2006, 03:11 AM
iPods don't get 'scratches' faster then any other mp3 player with a display :huh:

My friends got a nano and hes had it for maybe less then a month and its scratched to fuck :cry:

Seedler
01-17-2006, 03:32 AM
go for the sony compact, trust me, i got a 80GB aigo monstrously huge HD mp3 player and i hate it.

Just bought a smaller 512mb compact one and love it.

S!X
01-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Just bought a smaller 512mb compact one and love it.

:D the network walkman?

Busyman
01-17-2006, 04:52 AM
From what I've seen regarding choices out there, to buy an Ipod at this point would be incredibly stupid.

It is not the best in feature set nor price. It is best in popularity, availability of legal audio/video downloads, and accesories from different manufacturers.

I haven't had the chance yet but I think I'm going to get a Creative Zen. Model is undecided.

hungrylilboy
01-17-2006, 11:54 AM

{I}{K}{E}
01-17-2006, 01:04 PM

My friends got a nano and hes had it for maybe less then a month and its scratched to fuck :cry:

That's his own fault :blink:

Virtualbody1234
01-17-2006, 04:26 PM

That's his own fault :blink:
Not necessarily. Some surfaces are damaged easily and others not. The Nano is known to be easily scratched.

euroboy
03-12-2006, 12:08 AM
well... i had ipod nano with 2 gb space... i loved it :rolleyes: .....but it was stolen :frusty: :angry: :cry: ....i think that ipod is the best with theyr quality...and if you care for it it doesn't get scratched..

twisterX
03-12-2006, 04:16 AM
i have an ipod nano 4GB and im happy. I could use itunes if i want or like 100 of other programs that are out for it.

But if your not getting an ipod get the creative or check out iriver

cpt_azad
03-13-2006, 02:13 AM
If I were you, don't get the Creative Zen M. Worst mistake of my life. Less than a month and it's already broken and I had to RMA it :dry:

Keep in mind that I had to pay Canadian currency for this, and I bought it off of eBay (which really pissed me off cuz i had to pay 90 dollars in import fees alone)

Lots of issues involving the Hard drive it uses, have a look around the Creative forums before you make your decision. But also keep in mind, eveyrthing has a flaw.

twisterX
03-13-2006, 03:44 AM
^^ that sucks. SO i guess just check out iriver.

You should have gotten it in the usa and then took it to canada sneakly

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
It is best in popularity, availability of legal audio/video downloads, and accesories from different manufacturers.

I'm sure the interface has had no effect whatsoever in it's use.

cpt_azad
03-13-2006, 05:55 AM
^^ that sucks. SO i guess just check out iriver.

You should have gotten it in the usa and then took it to canada sneakly

Ya, I did a lot of research (apparently not enough) before buying the Zen, and at one point I was ready to buy the iRiver PMC-120, but changed my mind when I saw the prices listed on eBay.

And I bought my Zen from eBay from Ohio (shipped).

unistructure
03-15-2006, 03:21 AM
I have an iriver h320 which I would reccommend if you can find one cheap. I would suggest getting something other than an ipod though... my friend bought one and sold it a month later because of its bugginess, etc.

Busyman
03-15-2006, 04:07 AM
It is best in popularity, availability of legal audio/video downloads, and accesories from different manufacturers.

That's subjective.:dry:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-15-2006, 05:53 AM

Do you find it difficult to understad the interface?

Busyman
03-15-2006, 06:53 AM

Do you find it difficult to understad the interface?
No. The interface is easy to understad.

scribblec
03-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Do you find it difficult to understad the interface? No. The interface is easy to understad.

for someone whos obsessed with punctuation you sure spell shitty