PARTA - Introduction
PARTB - Conversion of MOV to AVI
PARTC - Animation Shop 3
PARTD - Animated Avatar Guide
PARTE - Tips And Tricks (Updated!)
PARTF - Alternate Ways to make your animated avatar
PARTG - Acknowledgements

PART A

Since this post is pinned, I realised I would refurbish the entire guide to make it worthy.
This guide will be updated as soon as anyone with additional information or tips_and_tricks is willing to PM and contribute.

Read this First if the movie or video file you want to edit is a MOV (Quicktime format).
The software used to create this GIF avatars is Animation Shop 3, and it currently only supports avi and mpeg files.
So what you want to do is convert this files to Avi Format. Here are the instructions.

PART B

To Convert MOV to AVI.
1) Convert your MOV files to Avi, use RAD VIDEO TOOLS (http://www.radgametools.com/down/bink/radtools.exe).
2) Execute Rad Video Tools, load up your MOV file and then convert it to Avi.
3) Save your Avi.

Notes: Using RAD to convert your MOV to Avi. When converted, your Avi will not have any audio. You will get a warning that audio will not be included in the conversion when you use RAD.
Since you are doing an avatar only, you obviously won't need audio. But if you are in it for the full conversion, use TMPGENC.

PART C

Animation Shop 3.
Now, you need to get Animation Shop 3 and crack it to make it Full. Here are the instructions.
1) Download Animation Shop 3 (ftp://ftp1.jasc.com/pub/ans304ev.exe).
2) Install Animation SHop 3
3) Use this Sig2Dat to download the crack.
File:Animation_Shop_3-04.zip (sig2dat:///|File:Animation_Shop_3-04.zip|Length:23109 Bytes,23KB|UUHash:=Eiwv0zHHZ3pQYuigcEUhhbql//8=|)
Length:23109 Bytes,23KB
UUHash:=Eiwv0zHHZ3pQYuigcEUhhbql//8=

4) OK to Crack, UNZIP put the EXE into the Animation Shop 3 folder. Double-Click and Crack!
5) Weee, I full working version of AS3.

PART D

Animated Avatar Tutorial.
Finally, you have reached the tutorial section of this guide :D . Ok go through this steps carefully to make your animated avatar.

1) Execute Animation Shop 3.
2) Run the Animation Wizard by clicking on a button located just below "File".
3) OK, now check "As defined here:", then pick the resolution of your animated avatar. Put 64x64 which is the right size to be used on the Kazaa Lite forums. OK, 64x64 is a default if you want to display everything as you see on the movie. Or you could pick a larger resolution now, then crop the parts of the video that you selected to 64x64.
You would want to do this if you want a "better view" of the object featured in the movie, that you want in your avatar.
4) Hit Next.
5) Now you can pick either Opaque or Transparent, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter. If you pick opaque you can choose a number of colors.
|is here |
|__________|
|__________| <---- Blank Space that can be opaque or transparent.
6) Hit Next.
7) This is what I do, although you can explore later.
Check "Centered in the Frame" and check "With the Canvas Color".
Check "Scale Frames to Fit".
8) Here you can pick whether the image repeats itself over and over again or whether it just plays a user-defined number of times.
OK under the "Frame Display Rate", I usually put 3, because it seems to work well for me as it plays the animation at the same rate as how you see it in your video.
9) Hit Next.
10) Click "Add Image" and then locate your Avi or Mpeg file on your C: drive.
11) Under the "Range of Frames" to import, select Frames.
Pick your selected number of frames. EG. 100-200. OKay, now leave the rest of the options and hit next.
12) Now you should see your selection of frames.
13) If this is what you want, save as GIF image using the SAVE function.
14) You got your animated avatar &#33;&#33; Look through the Tips and Tricks FAQ below for additional editing information. Should solve some of your questions too.

PART E

Tips and Tricks.

So far I only got one, PM me to contribute.

a) Getting your selection of frames without having to delete them one-by-one.

In your selection of frames, look at each image and you should see EG, "F:1,D:3". F is the frame ID and D is the frame rate. For this situation, just pay attention to the "F:1".
Take note of the F number for the start of the frames till the end of the frames for the animation you want in your avatar.

Example Below.

From Frame: 250, To Frame: 350
You have a total of 100 frames selected, and they are listed 1-100. Letsay you only want frames 35-70 out of this 100 frames and you do not want to cut them out one by one,

Do a simple arithmathic calculation.
250+35=285 & 250+70=320

Now run through animation wizard again, now instead of putting 250-350 as your selected frames, put from frame 285 to frame 320 instead, and you get ur selected set of frames .

Misc Tips by Tyk. Thank you for PM-ing me this information

1) For advance window users, we are very familiar with using hot keys like Ctrl+C instead of right-click with mouse and select Copy. Similarly, when we want to select Frame 1, 3, 15, 19, etc , its much easier to press and hold Ctrl key and select the desired frames and press the Del key instead of using the menu method. Likewise with selecting continuous frames by press & hold Shift key when selecting frames.

2) To zoom-in specific area of the frame, we can first do a file conversion with RAD Video Tool. First we use VirtualDub to obtain the frame size, eg 592 x 320. With the frame size in mind, we can proceed to estimate the area of interest, say its estimated to be 160 x 160 located somewhere bottom left of the screen. During conversion, fill in 160 (width and height in Cropping parameters), and say 50 Left and 120 Top (est. values). Run the conversion and from the result, adjust the values according (trial and error method).

Note 1: if we&#39;re converting from a film, it&#39;ll be easier to cut the film into short clip to work with. Again, we can use RAD Video Tool for the cutting process (without audio, if audio is on, it will took 5 to 10 times longer to convert).

Note 2: for zooming purpose, if the area of interest is not constant, say a man walking slowly from left to right of the screen, we can do multiple clips (as mentioned in point 2) and name these clips with similar names say man01.avi, man02.avi, etc and join them up using RAD Video Tool.

Misc Tips by the_faceman.

But there is an easier way of deleting large, continuous ranges or frames, in a very similar method to above.

if you had Frames 1-300 and you wanted rid of frames 120-180, just click on Frame 120, move the slider to 180 and then hold down Shift, now click on Frame 180 and the whole range from 120 - 180 is highlighted blue, now just delete that range and voila&#33; you&#39;re done.[/

PART F

An alternate way to do animated avatars using imageready and virtualdub. great way to go about doing it&#33;&#33; By Uzumaki626 from Animesuki forums.

How to make your own animated Gifs (ImageReady/Virtual Dub) (http://dakotacom.net/~fadi/giftutorial/giftutorial.htm)
( A great ImageReady and VirtualDub Animated Avatar Guide )
BY UZUMAKI626 ON ANIMESUKI FORUMS.
I DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FAQ, THIS IS ENTIRELY HIS WORK

PART G

Acknowledgements.

DarthInsinuate - For telling me about Animation Shop 3 and a brief description of what it does.
Crack_man - For sending me the crack for Animation SHop 3 through PM.
CornerPocket - For pinning this post.
JASC - For coming up with a great program like AS3.
Tyk - For adding on to the Tips and Tricks section.

RedRival
04-21-2003, 07:17 PM
NOTE that
Methods above do not involve a full conversion of MOV to AVI, in which sound is not involved. NO SOUND is converted if you use the RAD VIDEO TOOL. If you are interested in MOV to AVI, complete conversion, try TMPgenc tools. Search "TMPGENC".

Cheers. :lol:

Got_brains?
04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks alot&#33; (I can tell that you want to get this pinned.... I am all for it&#33; :) )

Got_brains?
04-21-2003, 10:49 PM
<-- I just made it&#33; You like? :)

RedRival
04-22-2003, 04:06 AM
w00 nice avatar. touch of humor there. I actually found making a moving avatar on KL boards a bit constricting becuase of the fileszie limits and so on. But I found that if you got the right content which has the minimal number of frame rates with meaningful content, then the tutorial above is for you.

Nice work, actually you could increase the sizes then crop it at exactly at 64x64 pixel so you can get rid of the black areas. Although the Filesize is sure to increase. It&#39;s alrite if it doesn&#39;t get pinned, it&#39;s meant to help people, not to look good :) .

Cheers :)

Got_brains?
04-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@21 April 2003 - 21:06
w00 nice avatar. touch of humor there. I actually found making a moving avatar on KL boards a bit constricting becuase of the fileszie limits and so on. But I found that if you got the right content which has the minimal number of frame rates with meaningful content, then the tutorial above is for you.

Nice work, actually you could increase the sizes then crop it at exactly at 64x64 pixel so you can get rid of the black areas. Although the Filesize is sure to increase. It&#39;s alrite if it doesn&#39;t get pinned, it&#39;s meant to help people, not to look good :) .

Cheers :)
Thanks, I thought about cropping it, but that would not let me put in the "Got_memory?" at the end with out putting it on the picture.

About size: Its AMAZINGLY only 24kb&#33; I thought it would be huge, over 200&#33; That prog is pretty cool&#33; :D

:beerchug: Cheers. :)

RedRival
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Yea AS3 is indeed pretty cool. Only I haven&#39;t found a crack or a full working version without the try and buy thing involved. If you alredi found it, do kindly reply with a sig2dat or a URL download link. :D.

CornerPocket
04-22-2003, 12:50 PM
RedRival,

Thanks for you time and effort in the creation of this &#39;How To&#39;.

~PINNED~

peace,
"CP" B)

RedRival
04-22-2003, 01:00 PM
:D *Smiles*. Thx Corner.

DarthInsinuate
04-22-2003, 04:21 PM
yay i got creditted :D :D :D

one thing - don&#39;t use the image resize in the wizard it just crops the image
goto the menu bar Animation -> Resize Animation instead
this resizes it (duh&#33;) <_<

two things - i d/l psp7 esd with animation shop 3 the hash is in software world somewhere you don&#39;t need the serial/crack for that, its about 33mb

make lots of nice *.gifs people

Bender
04-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the guide, RedRival, I used to beg people to make animated avatars for me, but from now on I&#39;ll be able to do it by myself. :)

I have made some, but the n00b in me still doesn&#39;t understand several things :D :

1. How can I delete part of a clip? Up to now I&#39;ve used the Delete button to delete frame by frame, but I have this one where I have to delete over 600 frames, and clicking Delete that much gets a bit annoying.

2. Is it possible to zoom in on a part of a clip, in other words, to make a close-up?

3. Is there a way to decrease the file size of a clip? If I have one of 600kB, removed 100kb at the beginning and ending, but I still have 400kB left. If I delete every next frame I have 200kB, but if I do that again the clip will be playing too fast.

4. Is their a way to adjust brightness and contrast?

mobboss01
04-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Nice explanation, I always wanted to know how to make those cool avatars. Will give it a try.

Got_brains?
04-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey, I made another new avitar&#33; B)

<--- You like? B) :P

The text on it is there for 5 frames if you wanted to know.

Got_brains?
04-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Oops, its bigger than I thought ... back to the drawing board&#33; (116k)

RedRival
04-25-2003, 12:16 AM
@Bender
Question 1
There may be better ways out there but this is what I do. When they prompt you for this frame () to this frame (), like I said earlier in the post, randomly pick numbers. OK now, look through the frames and see which content you want. Look at this Example:-

EG,
From Frame: 250, To Frame: 350
You have a total of 100 frames selected, and they are listed 1-100. Letsay you only want frames 35-70 out of this 100 frames and you do not want to cut them out one by one,

Do a simple arithmathic calculation.
250+35=285 & 250+70=320

Now run through animation wizard again, now instead of putting 250-350 as your selected frames, put from frame 285 to frame 320 instead, and you get ur selected set of frames :D.

Question 2:
No idea, sorry :( . I&#39;m a newbie too.

Question 3:
When you are saving a clip reduce the optimisation to reduce the filesize, the more you reduce, the smaller the size, but the uglier it gets. For the frame rates if it plays too fast, just lower my standard of 3 to something like 1 or 2, I suppose.

Question 4:
No idea too, soz.

If anyone does know, plz PM me with a FAQ and I&#39;ll update this post with your FAQ and you will get quoted.

@Got_memory
I like it when it says Lala world and that does that sissy reaction after gettin burned by that metal wielder..roflmao. BUt it took me a while to load, I hope it didn&#39;t exceed the 100kb limit.

Got_brains?
04-25-2003, 12:22 AM
@Got_memory
I like it when it says Lala world and that does that sissy reaction after gettin burned by that metal wielder..roflmao. BUt it took me a while to load, I hope it didn&#39;t exceed the 100kb limit.

First off, it did exceed the limit, thats why its now "under construction".

Seccond, It was a joke. I guess it is too small for you to see, but it is a electrical socket and the guy pretends to be shocked. Then when he starts laughing, the other guy realizes that it is a big joke and hits him with a banna.

Back to the drawing board...

Got_brains?
04-25-2003, 12:24 AM
For anyone who is intersted, here is my avitars that I have made so far (each one is about 100k):

#1http://www.troop751.com/avitar.gif #2 http://www.troop751.com/avitar2.gif

RedRival
04-25-2003, 12:26 AM
LOL&#33;&#33; I get it now, it seems funnier in this perspective, LOL. Hwak Hwak that guy looks piss-afraid...roflmao. :lol:

Got_brains?
04-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@24 April 2003 - 17:26
LOL&#33;&#33; I get it now, it seems funnier in this perspective, LOL. Hwak Hwak that guy looks piss-afraid...roflmao. :lol:
Yes, its pretty funny. Go on kazza and search for "electricity joke"

I have it and thats what its called. The video is only 20s and 500k.

Bender
04-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks for helping out RedRival, let&#39;s hope somebody else can answer my other questions. :)

I posted the avatars I made in the Lounge (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=29674) by the way, anyone who wants them can take them.

kAb
04-25-2003, 02:06 AM
mine always crashes when deleting a huge amount of frames <_<

RedRival
04-25-2003, 02:35 AM
I wrote a guide for deleting frames on the last page. It&#39;s not exactly deleting frames, it&#39;s actually identifying them, so that you can avoid the entire deleting part. Just read the last page, hope it helps :D.

kAb
04-25-2003, 02:52 AM
what do i do if my trial period expired?

The Wise Man
04-25-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by kAb@25 April 2003 - 03:52
Look in the verifieds, and you will find your answer. :)

kAb
04-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by The Wise Man+24 April 2003 - 18:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Wise Man @ 24 April 2003 - 18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@25 April 2003 - 03:52
Look in the verifieds, and you will find your answer. :) [/b][/quote]
woohoo&#33; gracias :-)

RedRival
04-25-2003, 06:38 AM
@kAb
;) No one actually went through my guide, did they :P . Oh well, if you did look, you could PM me for a crack. Maybe I should just post it. Is that allowed MODs??

SolidWing68
04-25-2003, 06:56 AM
read rules..learn

RedRival
04-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Since this is a guide and posting a Sig2dat or link for that matter, would prove more helpful...
but oh well ;) .

DarthInsinuate
04-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Bender@24 April 2003 - 14:57
4. Is their a way to adjust brightness and contrast?
use paint shop pro for that

to zoom in you could stretch the image, then crop it

RedRival
04-26-2003, 08:14 AM
The Sig2Dat hash for my crack don&#39;t seem to work. Bleh, can&#39;t think of a legal way I can let you guys get the crack, xcept for PM-ing me.

Got_brains?
04-28-2003, 09:00 PM
<--- Another one fresh out of the oven. (for all who dont know what the heck that is, It is me grinding on a rail on the Foundry level of Tony hawk 3. I captured the video, changed the .avi to a .mpg, increased the brightness, and then picked the exact frames I wanted.)

(It looks like I am going back and forth forever, but it is only once and alligned that way.)

(for all who are interested, its 90k. Took a MONKEY LOAD of work to get it under 100k. >_< )

Cool huh&#33; B)

TRshady
04-28-2003, 09:05 PM
great avatar people&#33;

Thanks alot red rival for the guide, having more people making gif avatars will make the forum that much better, well done :)

RedRival
04-29-2003, 06:53 AM
@got_memory
See that you found heaps on doing animated avatars. I&#39;m a bit outdated considering the fact I&#39;m using a still gif for my avatar and have no intentions to change it :D. But then again, memory, if you have tips and tricks on making avatars, PM me and I&#39;ll gladly add it on to the FAQ.

@TRshady
:D. Thanks for the compliment. Always like your avatar, the way it moves, but don&#39;t like the guy in it that much though lol ;)

Got_brains?
04-29-2003, 12:11 PM
But then again, memory, if you have tips and tricks on making avatars, PM me and I&#39;ll gladly add it on to the FAQ.

Not really tricks but I explaed how I did it below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first captured the video using Pinacle Studio deluxe (I bought it on sale... Thank god&#33;).

Then, to increase the brightness and stuff (change to .mpg) , I used Adobe Premere (I actually bought it, &#036;&#036;&#036;&#33; They charge WAY to much&#33;)

Then, I edited it to the frames I wanted with premere (I find it eaiser than with animation shop)

I converted to gif and lowered the quality to the 2nd lowest bar.

Published to web... DONE&#33;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Thank you very much RedRival for making such a good and indepth guide on how to do this&#33; :) :beerchug:

Bender
04-29-2003, 12:35 PM
I&#39;m kind of expierienced in making avatars now, but I still have this little problem:

I&#39;d like my avatars to look like this (64x64): http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=CsE6UnubztSZf7tFh1mwWZD4&ext=.gif

At the moment I still have this crappy movie format: http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=qgJJ1NozA2etT0jjcC8V7Jt4X&ext=.gif

In other words: The black bars should go and the avatar should completely fill the 64x64 pixels area.
"The Avatar Man" told me to use VirtualDub before using Animation Shop, but I don&#39;t have a clue on how to use it. :blink:
Anyone having an idea how I can solve this?

RedRival
04-30-2003, 06:36 AM
@got_memory
Hmm that involves another software, maybe I&#39;ll leave your tip in my guide ASAP. IMO, my guide is very shallow, being in-depth is a different thing :D.

@bender
Do you have a video file of that avatar or you want that avatar you have currently to be resized to that of 64x64?? I don&#39;t think Resizing the small one to that of 64x64 px would work. But if you have a large scale video file of that, instead of resizing it directly to 64x64 and have all the black bars on the top and bottom, try for instance 110x110 px then from there crop it to 64x64.

Hope that helps.

Bender
04-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@30 April 2003 - 08:36
@bender
Do you have a video file of that avatar or you want that avatar you have currently to be resized to that of 64x64?? I don&#39;t think Resizing the small one to that of 64x64 px would work. But if you have a large scale video file of that, instead of resizing it directly to 64x64 and have all the black bars on the top and bottom, try for instance 110x110 px then from there crop it to 64x64.

Hope that helps.
That did the trick, it was very easy even. :D
Note that, besides resizing pictures for my signatures, I have no experience with paint/animation programs whatsoever, I&#39;m very n00bish on this. :lol:

Thanks. ;)

EDIT: Maybe you could include this in your guide so people can choose between having the bars or not.
I saw that you remade your guide, looks very good now. :flowers:

RedRival
04-30-2003, 11:13 AM
I think I placed it alongside with the instructions, but it seemed a bit complicating...
And thanks for the compliment on the new layout :D.

Got_brains?
05-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Thank you again RedRival... Yes, it looks really complicated. But anyone with 3/4 of a brain should be able to do it :lol: .

Also, your sig2dat dosent work, it just shows up as html since this isnt in the verifieds section.

Finally, I think that there is a maximum # of frames in AS3. I think its something around 450. I tried to import a 2:30 movie and crop it and only the first while showed up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, enough negative stuff. The new layout looks great&#33;

I have just a few Ideas, but they may be of no use.

Idea #1 If its possible, have one of the mods turn on Html on this topic. Then, your sig2dat will work, and you could use bookmarks (if you dont know what they look like, <a name="Section 1"> Section 1</a> - just as a example.

Idea #2 Remove all the posts after the first one. Then close the topic. (not to good)

Idea #3 Post the old tutorial at the bottom and offer a "advanced" version or a "simple" one. Use bookmarks to go to each.

Idea #4 Put one hand on your belly, jump around, while screaming "wooga booga". ;) :lol:
(I think I am giving WAY too many ideas ;) :lol: )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acknowledgements.

What about me? ;) :lol: (kidding)

Wow, this took a long time (over 10minutes). :spam:

Thanks again for such a good tutorial&#33;

Got_brains?
05-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Mabey I should of broken that up into multiple posts... then it wouldnt look so boring.... but it would be :spam:

RedRival
05-02-2003, 08:11 AM
I could do most of that :D .
But I&#39;m a bit lazy lately, been trying to make my forums work and still trying hard to search for a free but decent host with MySQL and Php. Yes I did update my guide with Advance and Novice sections and probably credit you for the idea. But that will happen when I get out of this lazy setting I&#39;m currently living in. :lol:

marine_aart
05-03-2003, 01:17 PM
yeah, made my first 1 :D

marine_aart
05-03-2003, 01:19 PM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/linkinparkrapper3.gif
plz tell me what U think of it

*edit* got 2 delete that stupid marine_aart text

Got_brains?
05-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by marine_aart@3 May 2003 - 06:19
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/linkinparkrapper3.gif
plz tell me&nbsp; what U think of it

*edit* got 2 delete that stupid marine_aart text
@marine art - Not bad for your first try&#33;

@redrival - good luck finding a host&#33; I went through that too, I just started to setup a server here at my house using my old comp. If you want to know any more about it, check out www.no-ip.com (http://www.no-ip.com). (I have a dynamic Ip [changes] and it turnes it into a static [not changing] one. Pretty cool if I say so myself&#33; EDIT: Forgot to say, I am lazy too&#33;

amphoteric88
05-04-2003, 09:27 AM
removed

[B][O][T]
05-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by amphoteric88@4 May 2003 - 11:27
is it possible to convert an animated jpg to an animated gif?
i have the jpg, but it&#39;s far too big: 208k :o
i didn&#39;t find anything about converting from jpg to gif
thanks in advance for any replies :D
*.jpg images cannot be animated.

However You can save a *.jpg file to *.gif

stoi
05-05-2003, 02:05 AM
all i done was opened it in ulead gif animator as jaasc animation shop 3 just refused to open the .jpeg animation, deleted some frames saved it as a gif, went to animtion shop and resized it and that got it down to 84kb from 208kb :D

2nd gen noob
05-05-2003, 02:14 AM
it&#39;s really good to see u ppl helping each other out like that :D
this is my first post here, looks like a good board :D
hi

Buzzar-d
05-19-2003, 03:30 PM
excellent tut redrival :)

I got a question for yaz...I was wondering if there was any software that can capture a selected scene of my choosing from a dvd and then convert it to mpeg or avi ..so i can make an animated avatar from that?

any help appreciated

Got_brains?
05-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by amphoteric88@4 May 2003 - 19:30
removed
Why do you edit all your posts after someone is done with them?&#33;?

Others could still use your posts&#33;&#33;

WHY?&#33;?&#33;

RedRival
05-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Buzzar-d@19 May 2003 - 16:30
excellent tut redrival :)

I got a question for yaz...I was wondering if there was any software that can capture a selected scene of my choosing from a dvd and then convert it to mpeg or avi ..so i can make an animated avatar from that?

any help appreciated
Thanks for the compliments on the tutorial, but unfortunately, I&#39;m a newbie myself and the guide was composed to the best of my knowledge. But the guidelines remain, that is, convert your file to a working .avi file and from there on you are able to make your own animated avatars easy.

I have no aptitude with DVDs whatsoever and have completely no idea how to derive playable video formats from CD to hard disk. Try searching the boards for a tutorial or some users&#39; nicks have links to such tuts as well. BUt remember get it to avi always.

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 12:35 PM
I use Mpeg and it works (I have no avi decoder, and I cannot find one that works&#33;).

Where do you find a decoder? I got Dvix and it dosent work still&#33;

DarkBlizzard
06-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Hey DarthInsinuate, I just wanted to tell you that u went over the " Avator / Signature Size " limit.

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator.

You went over by over 46,000 bytes (46 kb)

There&#39;s a few people that have gone over. UKman is another that has gone over my over 70 kb ( on the "Avator / Signature Size " page he wrote...

Good point VB - and i hope you dont get any bad feedback on this. Just hope they can accept the rules.

Peace
UKMan

But Not even He can accept the rules :P

DarthInsinuate
06-04-2003, 09:30 AM
my calculator says 92,508 bytes

anyways, i&#39;ve seen a few avatars over by about 200kb

DarkBlizzard
06-04-2003, 09:33 AM
umm........yes way sonny.. :P just take off those 3 pics.....or make them PNG files or something i dont know.....or Gif files

rpratt
10-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Love this guide and this is my very first attempt

RedRival
10-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by rpratt@22 October 2003 - 10:27
thanks for the comments mate :lol:

hope it serves you good.

RedRival
10-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by rpratt@22 October 2003 - 10:27
Anyways, your avatar seems a bit too big and has gone over the restricted size limit...the forums have been using up heaps of bandwidth and we must not forget about the 56k users.

Please Read the Rules here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=22529).

And thanks again for using my tutorial.

littlestevee
11-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Redrival, much thanks for the guide. Was as easy as pie. Look at my cute doggies&#33;

The Crypt Keeper
12-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Yes Redrival - an excellent turtorial - thanks also to others that helped :)

dhaulk
12-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Well this is my first avatar. I found a program called "123 avi to gif" and I got the crack for it from google it is a super simple program to use. Unfortunately I had to cut most of the avi out to get it under 100kb. I&#39;m downloading animation shop 3 so I see if I can get more of the clip and still be under 100kb. :D

ZeroTolerance
01-23-2004, 10:57 PM
dhaul nice avatar.do you have a link for it?

gbfan
02-20-2004, 06:12 PM
When I converted it w/RAD it did give me the audio. Won&#39;t that hurt my file size? Did I Just do it wrong? :helpsmile:

2_cool_4_u
04-10-2004, 03:59 AM
How do you get the animation shop 3 without the trial period thing?

tensegg
04-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Corel R.A.V.E is pretty easy to use for making avatars, comes with Coreldraw :D

2_cool_4_u
04-10-2004, 04:22 AM
how do u get that?

h1
04-10-2004, 05:49 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/haxor41789-linux.gif

Animation Shop 3 Crack (http://www.google.com)
Corel R.A.V.E. (http://www.google.com)
Corel Draw (http://www.google.com)

Rip The Jacker
04-10-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@9 April 2004 - 21:49
Animation Shop 3 Crack (http://www.google.com)
Whoa, scared me for a second. I thought... "Haxor broke a rule&#33; What? Impossible&#33;" :lol:

h1
04-10-2004, 06:02 AM
:lol: Rule #3 has already been beaten to death (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=106043) by me.

It looks like ChinkII is gone, so that funny pic won&#39;t show up...

2_cool_4_u
04-10-2004, 07:12 AM
only google.com comes up when i click the link

h1
04-10-2004, 07:36 AM
http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/html/emoticons/laughing1.gif My bad.

Animation Shop 3 Crack: Go here (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=boardrules), and if you can&#39;t find the answer, it&#39;s at www.s93622254.onlinehome.us/misc/popup

:lol: Rip The Jacker knows why I am not posting a direct link. :D

Rip The Jacker
04-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Oh man thats cruel. http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/html/emoticons/laughing1.gif

Be nice to the noobs, we were all noobs once&#33; B)

silent VI
04-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@10 April 2004 - 07:36
www.s93622254.onlinehome.us/misc/popup

talk about curiosity killed the cat :(

h1
04-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@10 April 2004 - 02:49
Oh man thats cruel. http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/html/emoticons/laughing1.gif

Be nice to the noobs, we were all noobs once&#33; B)
You&#39;re quite right, I edited the original post.

2_cool_4_u
04-10-2004, 08:51 AM
i was only asking a question you didnt have to be so mean&#33; :(

RedRival
05-03-2004, 06:51 PM
wow thanks for the reply support. :D
I haven&#39;t been posting or updating this thread for a while now.
But seems like I found another better way to make gifs using imageready + Virtualdub.

How to make your own animated Gifs (ImageReady/Virtual Dub) (http://dakotacom.net/~fadi/giftutorial/giftutorial.htm)
( A great ImageReady and VirtualDub Animated Avatar Guide )
BY UZUMAKI626 ON ANIMESUKI FORUMS.
I DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FAQ, THIS IS ENTIRELY HIS WORK

Guillaume
07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Just a quick thank you for this topic, RedRival... And all the others&#33;

I finally managed to make my first animated avatar.

What do you think of it?

keyser_soze
05-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I cant get to import the avi where am I going wrong?

Skiz
05-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Which program are you using? :huh:

keyser_soze
05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Sorry for delayed reply :) I'm using jasc 3, I've used various types of avi created with different software like nero, studio and windows mm2 but I just can't import into jasc, any help?

Skiz
05-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Sorry for delayed reply :) I'm using jasc 3, I've used various types of avi created with different software like nero, studio and windows mm2 but I just can't import into jasc, any help?

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Jasc programs. I use ImageReady, it's an excellent program.

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Cheers anyway m8< heads of to image ready site ;)

Skiz
05-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Cheers anyway m8< heads of to image ready site ;)

I normally just use Photoshop to create the different frames I want and save them all in a folder. Then I open ImageReady > File > Open folder as frames.

Just post if any questions. :)

keyser_soze
05-23-2005, 12:09 AM
cheers still experimenting with image ready but I seem to be getting my head round it. :cool:
http://img276.echo.cx/img276/8104/nveexport9oh.gif
BTW for future ref on any1 trying this out u seem to need quicktime installed for it to work.

keyser_soze
05-28-2005, 12:24 AM
I've started using adobe photoshop these days any tips on reducing the file size?

maebach
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
nice guide, start new thread or look for one on photoshop

djlove
08-27-2006, 04:50 PM
thax a needed 2 no dat

ecw268
11-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Great guide, thanks for the post.

wesedlup
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
The animated Shop link doesn't work.. :(