PDA

View Full Version : is eBay almost free, or what?

worldpease
01-16-2006, 08:14 AM
As I probably mentioned in another tread, I've been checking eBay for a few minutes and Im confused,
for example, "Lost: Season 1 DVDs (Brand New)... $10 Dlls, is that real, is it that cheap? or am I missing something?
Cus' I thought going to San Diego was saving, but now this.
and also, why almost no one will ship to latin america or other places
but the US?

Barbarossa
01-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, the current value of the auction is no indication of the final price (unless a Buy It Now auction), so you have to bid, and hope no-one outbids you, and also hope that the seller hasn't set a high reserve on the item.

Also, keep an eye on the postage costs, sometimes they bump that up but keep the stated cost of the item down, to avoid paying ebay sellers fees (naughty!)

However, you can usually find some good bargains on ebay. I don't know why people set limits on where they ship to, just missing out on good customers I guess!

sameer0807
01-18-2006, 03:33 AM
ebay is a great place to find pretty much anything.
I shop on ebay alot and sell sometimes. Theres always someone wanting to buy off you.

I listed half of my house crap on ebay and everything was sold.

Just bought a printer from ebay. Got it for a great deal.

worldpease
01-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Sadly, from what I've seen, almos no one wants to ship to Mexico,
I don't blame them.
And I too have a lot of stuff that ppl from the rest of the world could be interested in,
but I fear having to do import or export transactions.

despikable
01-21-2006, 02:55 PM
im not sure but i think only the reciever has to pay customs. Also im pretty sure if you contacted the seller and you said youd pay for shipping they would ship it too you but i dont even use ebay im just going on assumptions.

Seedler
01-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Ebay blows... or maybe that's just my experience. Guess I'm just unlucky

I've been fucked at least 2 times shopping on ebay. And yes, the people i was buying from had good feedback. Good thing I didn't buy anything too expensive. Fucking ebayers...

Tempestv
02-16-2006, 04:50 AM
I bought a ide to usb converter on ebay for 99c, the shipping was $15. great deal still, but never beleve the price on the add.

Skiz
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't really care, but DVD's and CD's are VERY OFTEN duplicates, or burned copies.

scribblec
02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
www.paypalsucks.com look at that site before considering ebay