PDA

View Full Version : Got Engaged on Friday 13th

sArA
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Does this mean it is a portent of doom?

No I am not going to wear a meringue shaped dress.....:pinch:

I am considering asking the BF if he fancies a fetish wedding with him in a collar, lead and rubber jump suit. Do you think he will agree? :unsure:

Guillaume
01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't think so.

And congrats, you.

manker
01-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Congratulations :01:

Are we all invited to the party or wot.

Virtualbody1234
01-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I am considering asking the BF if he fancies a fetish wedding with him in a collar, lead and rubber jump suit. Do you think he will agree? :unsure::O

sArA
01-16-2006, 03:58 PM

No date yet matey.....soon as there is I will let my forum brethren know...

manker
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Quality :happy:

sArA
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I am considering asking the BF if he fancies a fetish wedding with him in a collar, lead and rubber jump suit. Do you think he will agree? :unsure::O

Hmmmm does this mean yes good idea or no, don't bother to ask?

I actually think he would look pretty good as he is sans beer gut and would look rather fetching....also, he does need to know who's boss doncha think?

Barbarossa
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM

No date yet matey.....soon as there is I will let my forum brethren know...

You could have an engagement party! :01:

sArA
01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Ok...fancy meeting down TwisterX's forum pub about 8ish?

You buying?

sArA
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
To be honest, I feel a bit old and silly to go for the engagement party thing. Besides, I spend so much time here that I don't have any mates irl. :cry:

Barbarossa
01-16-2006, 04:34 PM

You buying?

I'm not allowed to go to the pub. Didn't you know? :(

Proper Bo
01-16-2006, 04:43 PM

You buying?

You're not allowed in anyway, I made myself doorman and them shoes is casual:dry:

(I'm one of those shifty bouncers that'll sell you coke on the door, then beat you up in the toilets and steal it back then throw you out for having drugs)

sArA
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM

You're not allowed in anyway, I made myself doorman and them shoes is casual:dry:

(I'm one of those shifty bouncers that'll sell you coke on the door, then beat you up in the toilets and steal it back then throw you out for having drugs)

I think I know you....:unsure:

Do you work in t'back of t'Bounty by any chance?

Proper Bo
01-16-2006, 09:55 PM
:mellow:

JPaul
01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Congrats Sara.

j2k4
01-16-2006, 11:02 PM
This is sterling and welcome news, Sara.

Fitting, and all that-hope you are happy as can be. :)

sArA
01-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks guys :)

Robert00000
01-17-2006, 12:24 AM

I am considering asking the BF if he fancies a fetish wedding with him in a collar, lead and rubber jump suit. Do you think he will agree? :unsure:

Contrats Sara.

You should have Jason X themed wedding with everyone wearing masks.:ph34r:

sArA
01-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Slipknot wedding perhaps?

manker
01-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Slipknot wedding perhaps?Aren't they all.

http://users.starpower.net/astarrs/noose.jpg

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I have questions. (Assuming he asked you, and also that he planned to ask you - It wasn't just something to say to fill an awkward gap in the conversation. :dabs: )

1. Was it expected?
2. Was it romantic? If so, why? If not, why not?
3. Do you have a ring?
4. Are you up the duff?
5. Why did he pop the question on friday 13th rather than wait 32 days and do it on february 14th?

sArA
01-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Barbie....

I have questions. (Assuming he asked you, and also that he planned to ask you - It wasn't just something to say to fill an awkward gap in the conversation. :dabs: )

1. Was it expected?

Sort of, had looked at rings but I had told him not to ask in any round about way to find out first and that he would have to take the chance and ask me when he was ready, but I didn't know when he would actually ask

2. Was it romantic? If so, why? If not, why not?

In the car before going in the pub for an early drink, not romantic but then I tend to be embarrassed by such stuff so probably just as well...he did produce the ring there and then so that was nice

3. Do you have a ring?

Yep, 18ct white gold with solitaire 0.27 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond (with its own certificate and everything)

4. Are you up the duff?

Fuck off I aint doing that again.

5. Why did he pop the question on friday 13th rather than wait 32 days and do it on february 14th?

I think it was partly so that it was an amusing date to remember but mostly because he had just picked up the ring and couldn't wait. Besides, its become almost cliche to do it on Valentines day and we are not exactly the most conventional of couples

D

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Nice :D

Congrats! :01:

So you took him round looking for rings, and then gave him permission to ask you if he wanted to.

Sounds quite conventional to me... :dabs:

(My surprise was ruined when we got engaged, as she answered the phone when it was the jewellers phoning to say that the ring was ready... :frusty: Anyway, I still went through the motions and we still pretended it was a surprise for her, and we had a nice romantic evening of champagne and fish n' chips.)

manker
01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
we had a nice romantic evening of ... fish n' chips.Striaght from the JPaul manual of treating teh missus.

Are you a member of the McBannockburn clan, at all :lookaroun

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:10 PM
we had a nice romantic evening of ... fish n' chips.Striaght from the JPaul manual of treating teh missus.

I temporarily had a cash-flow problem due to the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance. :snooty:

sArA
01-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Nice :D

Congrats! :01:

So you took him round looking for rings, and then gave him permission to ask you if he wanted to.

Sounds quite conventional to me... :dabs:

Not quite, he took me round the shops, dragging me into jewellers cos I was sooooo embarrassed by it all.

My ex made things perfectly clear that marriage and romance were not part of our relationship (we were together 17 years).

My fiance (omgffslol!!!) is of a completely different mind, and is a softy romantic soul. I find that side of him nice in a disturbing kind of way which is why he didn't go for the down on one knee type of proposal cos I would have wanted the earth to open up and swallow me!

manker
01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance. :snooty:Miaow :kiss:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance. :snooty:Miaow :kiss:

:schnauz: ;)

sArA
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't like big rocks.....I prefer something more subtle...besides....18 carat white gold is so much more classy doncha think? :snooty:

meh....each to their own...I like mine lots ta....bet she likes hers too....

fecking stirring manker :dry:

manker
01-17-2006, 02:19 PM
:schnauz:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, white gold is very classy, and your ring sounds very nice. :)

I just had to shell out for an eternity ring too now, apparently these are compulsory now that she has given birth to my first child. :dabs:

She likes white gold too, but was worried people would think it was silver :blink:

manker
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
your ring sounds very nice. :) Actually, I hear Sara's ring has been battered about a bit :dabs:

Guillaume
01-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I just had to shell out for an eternity ring too now,
What the hell is that? :blink:

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
your ring sounds very nice. :) Actually, I hear Sara's ring has been battered about a bit :dabs:

Battered? Is it an onion ring?

Sara. It sounds lovely, and congratulations on your happiness. Don't listen to manker....:shifty:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I just had to shell out for an eternity ring too now,

It's another fucking scam, that's what it is. :dabs:

http://www.24carat.co.uk/eternityringstoryframe.html

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Battered? Is it an onion ring?

Depends if it makes you cry when you peel it. :pinch:

sArA
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM

I thought that was yours me duck....somat about thumbs up and all that. :lol: Busyman will probably remind us of the details there...

@blyth....its ok...manker is just like a playful puppy....falls over his own feet and chases his own tail too on occasion......Just needs the odd 'bad dog' comment to show him who's boss.....ah back to the collar and lead......(reminds self to send email to Mrs manker to suggest new fashion accessory for Mr manker)

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:36 PM

It's another fucking scam, that's what it is. :dabs:

http://www.24carat.co.uk/eternityringstoryframe.html

She fucks up her body, puts her career on hold, dabbles in faeces all day, and curtails her social life to bring up your child. The least you can do is buy her a ring, in good grace! Where's romance gone?

Guillaume
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Where's romance gone?
So romance is buying big shiny things now?

God, I'm so twentieth-century.

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Where's romance gone?
So romance is buying big shiny things now?

God, I'm so twentieth-century.

No Maureen. By romance I meant the doing so in good grace and not carping about it. You read Mills and Boon don't you?

I personally couldn't give two hoots about shiny things, but maybe that's why I'm single. I think men secretly like the whole traditional bit.

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
She fucks up her body,

...errr, that was me. :ermm:

puts her career on hold,

...hated her job anyway :)

dabbles in faeces all day,

...seems to have trained it to hold it in all day until I get home... :no: :shit:

and curtails her social life to bring up your child.

...she gets to go out more than me, what with post-natal class, baby-massage, new mums groups, doctors appointments, etc :lookaroun

The least you can do is buy her a ring, in good grace! Where's romance gone?

...romance is expensive folly invented by Hollywood. Anyway, she had a shock, because I had to dip into the joint savings account to pay for it. :cool:

Shit - I am a McBannockburn... :ermm:

Guillaume
01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Back in my days, "doing so in good grace" was buying her a wet-nurse form the slave market, so she wouldn't have to do it herself. Maybe that's why I'm single too.

Erm. sorry about getting your thread all off-topicy, Sara.

manker
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
...she gets to go out more than me, what with me not being allowed out and thatFixed for truth.

manker
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Actually, I hear Sara's ring has been battered about a bit :dabs:

I thought that was yours me duck....somat about thumbs up and all that. :lol: Busyman will probably remind us of the details there...

@blyth....its ok...manker is just like a playful puppy....falls over his own feet and chases his own tail too on occasion......Just needs the odd 'bad dog' comment to show him who's boss.....ah back to the collar and lead......(reminds self to send email to Mrs manker to suggest new fashion accessory for Mr manker)Haven't had a 'bad dog' comment worthy of the name directed at me for quite some time.

Or have I.

Maybe the masses should decide.

Poll?

:wub:

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Maybe that's why I'm single too..

Certainly a possibility! More likely you won't meet any nice young men at the Gillingham bowling green.

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
...errr, that was me. :ermm:

puts her career on hold,

...hated her job anyway :)

dabbles in faeces all day,

...seems to have trained it to hold it in all day until I get home... :no: :shit:

and curtails her social life to bring up your child.

...she gets to go out more than me, what with post-natal class, baby-massage, new mums groups, doctors appointments, etc :lookaroun

The least you can do is buy her a ring, in good grace! Where's romance gone?

...romance is expensive folly invented by Hollywood. Anyway, she had a shock, because I had to dip into the joint savings account to pay for it. :cool:

I stand corrected. I personally believe you don't have to buy flashy things to show your love for someone. It's little things you do that show someone you care....

Again, maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

Guillaume
01-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe that's why I'm single too..

Certainly a possibility! More likely you won't meet any nice young men at the Gillingham bowling green.
Yep. I'll try the The Beacon Court Tavern instead. Gripper said it's teh cooler.

DanB
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I thought I said congratulations in this thread already but I can't find it so ...

Congratulations sArA :01:

sArA
01-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Ta Dan :)...at least someone can stay on topic :snooty: hard stares at those 'who know who they are'

enoughfakefiles
01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Ta Dan :)...at least someone can stay on topic :snooty: hard stares at those 'who know who they are'

I know who i am :unsure:

Congrats there sara :01:

manker
01-17-2006, 08:14 PM
hard stares at those 'who know who they are'That's pretty much everyone, except perhaps Billy Dean :blink:

sArA
01-17-2006, 08:15 PM
meh.....its all good....

/me is getting some attention and likes it.

Buffalo
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM

Congratulations sArA, Nice one! ....

Guyver
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Congrats SaRa:D

Gripper
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Good luck Sara
Blessed Be

vidcc
01-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Congrats Sara.

some advice for your future husband:

If you get home first here's how to prepare the mood:

Clean up. Put some fresh scent in the air frehener. Take a shower, shave and put on some fresh clothes. Open a bottle of wine and light some candles to give the place a romantic feeling. Greet Sara with words of love and compliment her on how wonderful she is.

Sara if you get home first here's how to prepare the mood:

be naked

JPaul
01-18-2006, 12:50 AM

:lol:

Hoi, I just read that, mangit.

T'fish tea is fan-tastic. I may even push the boat out on Pavarotti night and go for the full Harry Ramsden's, with mushy peas.

No promises mind.

Lilmiss
01-18-2006, 01:21 AM
sorry, don't think i've said congrats yet sara.
hope ya have many wonderful years together. :01:

i got engaged on the first of april, btw.
dumped teh fool. :smug:

sArA
01-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Congrats Sara.

some advice for your future husband:

If you get home first here's how to prepare the mood:

Clean up. Put some fresh scent in the air frehener. Take a shower, shave and put on some fresh clothes. Open a bottle of wine and light some candles to give the place a romantic feeling. Greet Sara with words of love and compliment her on how wonderful she is.

Sara if you get home first here's how to prepare the mood:

be naked

Do you have spy cameras in my house? :blink:

vidcc
01-18-2006, 07:36 PM

Would it be worth subscribing to booble earth :naughty:

sArA
01-19-2006, 10:47 AM

Probably.....:naughty:

j2k4
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM

You an search for boobles now? :lookaroun

Afronaut
01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Got interested on the subject at hand (i wish) and I thought I have to
just feckin' google it. (http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=boobles)

ameir
01-20-2006, 06:25 PM
friday the 13th that's so cool.don't worry about that.hope things go the way u want to. i hope to make that step next year.

Barbarossa
01-23-2006, 09:54 AM
friday the 13th that's so cool.don't worry about that.hope things go the way u want to. i hope to make that step next year.

Friday 13th falls in April or July in 2007.

Do you have a girlfriend yet? :huh:

ameir
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
3 years now.;)

sArA
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
But you are so young.......still if its meant to be blah blah....best of luck.