PDA

View Full Version : Surface

Peerzy
01-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Anyone heard of this? It's an American TV show about underwater thingys.

Just started in the UK so i've only seen episode 1, but i downloaded up to episode 13 (Which im guessing are all US HDTV caps)

Anyone else watch it? From what i've seen it looks very good.

Please keep anything after E1 in spoiler tags if you wanna talk about future stuff.

Cheese
01-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I've watched some of it and thought it was pretty average. Between this, Threshold, Invasion, Supernatural and Nightstalker there has been some quite crappy sci-fi* lately. Junk-food like at best.

*I use the term loosely.

After E1 it (Surface) didn't get much better.

Peerzy
01-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I saw the last 40 minutes of the first episode, so i missed the first 20 minutes. I picked up when she was in the sub and something came out of the earth at like 1000 feat a second.

If they write it well enough it could be good. It'll never be an epic TV show just by looking at the cheap budget and wierd storyline. Certainly not a Lost in the making but still something to watch.

Is Invasion any good? Channel 4 had been hyping it up for like a month and i missed it and havn't got arround to downloading it yet. Worth teh downloadage?

Cheese
01-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Is Invasion any good? Channel 4 had been hyping it up for like a month and i missed it and havn't got arround to downloading it yet. Worth teh downloadage?

Always worth a try, Peerzy. I watched it for like 8 episodes but lost interest. I'm not really looking for the next Lost or 24 when I watch new shows but I do feel I have been spoiled by the superior storytelling of these shows so when I watch something like Surface or Invasion it just seems dated. :dabs:

Busyman
01-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I saw the last 40 minutes of the first episode, so i missed the first 20 minutes. I picked up when she was in the sub and something came out of the earth at like 1000 feat a second.

If they write it well enough it could be good. It'll never be an epic TV show just by looking at the cheap budget and wierd storyline. Certainly not a Lost in the making but still something to watch.

Surface is OK. Invasion, however, has gotten 10x better since it started. At first it was way too slow. Now though, it's highly interesting. It's Invasion Of The Body Snatchers but many of the "pod people" don't realize they are "new".

I put most of the new shows in The New TV Series thread.

Someone also made a Surface thread some months back.

hippychick
01-16-2006, 11:14 PM
I watch Surface and IMHO its a great new series. Its refreshing to see a series from the same ole same that come out.
Big following or a certain creature you will see in future episodes.
Last episode was a change in the plot...heheh I love it
Invasion, now that series rawks!...Kind of like invasion of the body snatcher,but with a twist. I cant wait to see what happens this week.

Busyman
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
I watch Surface and IMHO its a great new series. Its refreshing to see a series from the same ole same that come out.
Big following or a certain creature you will see in future episodes.
Last episode was a change in the plot...heheh I love it
Invasion, now that series rawks!...Kind of like invasion of the body snatcher,but with a twist. I cant wait to see what happens this week.
Sheriff Underlay is going to take the kids on a "trip".:O

hippychick
01-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Sheriff underlay is so creepy! And NO the kids wont become pod ppl. I hope not anyways lol

Peerzy
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Just watched Episode 2.

That girl got fired and that black dude's face un-melted itself.

Also Adster got eaten by one while out shark hunting.

Getting better as each episode goes on. Although the shyte lil kid and his pet monster is teh ghey. Yeah it can eat a boat but a little kid can tame it.

Un^Real
01-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I loved!!!!!!!! Surface.

great show. Invasion is ok, but its really really slow going, and i don't see where this pod people idea is going.

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty much uninspired by both Surface and Invasion. Whether I keep watching is anyone's guess. It just seems like it's all been done before, but better. :dabs:

Busyman
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I loved!!!!!!!! Surface.

great show. Invasion is ok, but its really really slow going, and i don't see where this pod people idea is going.
Then you've missed the last 5 eps.

Peerzy
01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I just watched episode 3 of Surface, starting to get really good. I like how at the start of each episode theres a random attack on someone showing how many the creature is.

hippychick
01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I just watched episode 3 of Surface, starting to get really good. I like how at the start of each episode theres a random attack on someone showing how many the creature is.
It only gets better! Made me mad the premepted it Monday for the Gay Cowboy Movie awards lol :wacko:

Peerzy
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Yup, just watched episode 4 and 5. Ended with that women agreeing the work for mad crazy science guy. Everyone saw the think in the water but all the video footage was destroyed. Annoying kids pet monster escapes and then comes back.

No answers have been given yet but i feel like the series is still getting going, we find out something new every episode, however i wonder how long it will last before we know everything about the monster and it becomes another Man V Electric Godzilla show.

Peerzy
01-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Just watched episode 6. Didn't like it, was boring, nothing about the sea creature and it was all getting far to silly for my liking. How the government is chasing them.

Hope the next few episodes get back on track as the series was really getting good.

despikable
01-19-2006, 03:10 AM
i like surface better beca invasion was too slow too start

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:58 AM
i like surface better beca invasion was too slow too start
I'm watching Invasion now and it has kicked into high gear.

hippychick
01-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm watching Invasion tonight, so dont mention if the kids become pod kids or not lol.
If the makers of Surface made a Nim stuff animal I would buy it...:P He's so cute!

Busyman
01-19-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm watching Invasion tonight, so dont mention if the kids become pod kids or not lol.
If the makers of Surface made a Nim stuff animal I would buy it...:P He's so cute!
He is kinda cute in a stop your heart/slash your throat kinda way.:P

You have TIVO?

If so, I wonder am I the only one that, instead of watching a show on time, waits about 30 minutes into it to skip the commercials. If you don't wait long enough, you end up catching up to the live broadcast.

A friend of mine waits longer on football games. He even skips between plays.

The stops and starts that many foreigners take issue with don't prevail as much with TIVO.:happy:

hippychick
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I have a dvdplayback...I think thats what its called it came with my cable.
I usually wait 30 min to play it back to skip the commericals. Unless I dont get around to watching, then I play it back the next day.

hippychick
01-20-2006, 01:24 AM
I watched Invasion tonight and dang that show is getting exciting!No pod kids whew lol for now :blink:

Busyman
01-20-2006, 04:14 AM
nvm :blushing:

hippychick
01-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Oops I fixed it :blushing:

hippychick
01-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Surface is on tonight! :w00t:
LOL and with no pre-empting of the gay cowboy awards.
I want to see how they explain Miles becoming all gooey and Nim like.

Peerzy
01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Im up to episode 12 now, Miles tries to get it on with teh hawt girl and starts glueing himself to her :huh:

Wierd women made the thing, why at the end of the first episode did it show a shootstar/something land in the sea? I was under the impression it was either from space or from inside the earth like that dead docter said.

What time is it on tonight? How long is it till that time? Im UK so don't know what time that equals to over here.

hippychick
01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Im up to episode 12 now, Miles tries to get it on with teh hawt girl and starts glueing himself to her :huh:

Wierd women made the thing, why at the end of the first episode did it show a shootstar/something land in the sea? I was under the impression it was either from space or from inside the earth like that dead docter said.

What time is it on tonight? How long is it till that time? Im UK so don't know what time that equals to over here.
Your cought up...last week it was pre-empted.
Its on @ 7pm central time
Yea I saw the same thing, I still like the theory that is was from beneath the sea...not man made. I hope they keep with the sea creature theme.

Busyman
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM

It's on at 8pm and it's now 5:49pm.

How long does it take for it to hit the net after it goes off?

The only show I bothered to dl from ya'll side was Dr. Who and I didn't bother 'till the next day.

I found out they are going to air season 1 on the Sci-Fi channel.

silent h3ro
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Haha I thought the title was Scarface... Surface sounds gayer.

dodgy368
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM

You never get sweaty(or sticky) palms at his age?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for next ep, great show.:D

Peerzy
01-24-2006, 01:28 AM

How does it take for it to hit the net after it goes off?

The only show I bothered to dl from ya'll side was Dr. Who and I didn't bother 'till the next day.

Thanks for the time update. It's the same with me usually, i just grab all US shows the next day, after the show has finished airing a release can take anywhere from about 10minutes to surface (get it!) to a couple of hours. If it's a popular show then usually about 20 minutes i find. I remember Lost Season 2 episode 2 or 3 was released on the net like 4 hours before it was due to be aired.

If you talking about Season 1 of surface its being shown on a Saturday afternoon (3 till 4pm) on ITV1 (free channel) here. 3PM is a shit time as 3PM is when all the football starts (real football not shyte american grab the odd shaped ball and hurt someone football)

If your talking about Dr Who the 1st season is very old and i doubt anyone will cap it. If your refering to the 1st season of the new ones (with Billy Piper) then they already showed it on BBC1 about 3 months ago and caps are already on the net so i doubt new ones will be made.

Just did my maths and it should be a bout 10 minutes into it, no spoilers here unless in the tags please!

Busyman
01-24-2006, 02:45 AM

How does it take for it to hit the net after it goes off?

Thanks for the time update. It's the same with me usually, i just grab all US shows the next day, after the show has finished airing a release can take anywhere from about 10minutes to surface (get it!) to a couple of hours. If it's a popular show then usually about 20 minutes i find. I remember Lost Season 2 episode 2 or 3 was released on the net like 4 hours before it was due to be aired.

If you talking about Season 1 of surface its being shown on a Saturday afternoon (3 till 4pm) on ITV1 (free channel) here. 3PM is a shit time as 3PM is when all the football starts (real football not shyte american grab the odd shaped ball and hurt someone football)

If your talking about Dr Who the 1st season is very old and i doubt anyone will cap it. If your refering to the 1st season of the new ones (with Billy Piper) then they already showed it on BBC1 about 3 months ago and caps are already on the net so i doubt new ones will be made.

Just did my maths and it should be a bout 10 minutes into it, no spoilers here unless in the tags please!
Oh I know you guys are in season 2 now. I've already seen season 1.

And no I'm not talking about the OLD ones. Those were out before you were born.

If Surface is on TV over there, why are you dling it? :dabs:

Also why are you bothering to explain that your shit boring back and forth soccer is not NFL football?
I know NFL is about hurting as opposed to your soccer which is just anarchistic bitch kicking.

hippychick
01-24-2006, 03:07 AM
I just watched tonight episode...and it was good.
I'll wait tell you see it peerzy b4 I post anymore.

Peerzy
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Also why are you bothering to explain that your shit boring back and forth soccer is not NFL football?
I know NFL is about hurting as opposed to your soccer which is just anarchistic bitch kicking.

Surface is on episode 2 over here, i'd rather keep up with the latest episodes by downloading.

Chances of the old ones being capped are very little, unless you know someone who can do it and ask a favour:shifty:

Just downloading now, hope it's good.

Busyman
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM

Surface is on episode 2 over here, i'd rather keep up with the latest episodes by downloading.

Chances of the old ones being capped are very little, unless you know someone who can do it and ask a favour:shifty:

Just downloading now, hope it's good.
Watched it late last night.

Yes it was good.

Saw the preview for next weeks and it has some weird shit.

Only 2 eps left.

hippychick
01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I know I cant believe they only have 2 ep left, right when its getting really good they end it tell next season...:(
I really like Nim, he is so cute...lol
my 9 year old started to cry when Miles shot Nim with the tracker...she thought he was trying to killl him...then when Nim went up the beach she was bawling because she thought he would be killed. :cry:
BTW BM in the FD3 thread, there are free passes for ur area now ;)

Busyman
01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I know I cant believe they only have 2 ep left, right when its getting really good they end it tell next season...:(
I really like Nim, he is so cute...lol
my 9 year old started to cry when Miles shot Nim with the tracker...she thought he was trying to killl him...then when Nim went up the beach she was bawling because she thought he would be killed. :cry:
BTW BM in the FD3 thread, there are free passes for ur area now ;)
TY. I might go if I feel "mobile".

You're right. Nim is cute.

All the "Nim's" are cute...even when walking in cadence.

Peerzy
01-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Really? I read the other day that Surface has been green-lighted for another 12/13 episodes because of good ratings (esp on a monday when it was against Monday Night Football)? I'll see if i can find it anywhere.

They do it on all US shows, order 13 episodes or so and then judge if the show should get the next 12/13 to complete the season depending on ratings. They did it with Lost/24. Infact 24 was originally gonna be called 12 and the first day was gonna end with Jack in the helicopter with his wife/daughter after he got them out of the camp.

Peerzy
01-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Just watched the episode, quite good, had a nice ending. Can't wait till next week, although i have no idea whats coming as my release didn't inlcude the 'next week on surface' thing.

hippychick
01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Just watched the episode, quite good, had a nice ending. Can't wait till next week, although i have no idea whats coming as my release didn't inlcude the 'next week on surface' thing.
From what I remember of the preview.
They show Rich with blood on his hands.
Miles gets in a fight at school with a bully, does a Nim on him, thinks he killed the kid and the police want to arrest him.
I hope they dont cancel the show now that its getting exciting!
Can we post now without the spoiler tags? lol

Busyman
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
From what I remember of the preview.
They show Rich with blood on his hands.
Miles gets in a fight at school with a bully, does a Nim on him, thinks he killed the kid and the police want to arrest him.
I hope they dont cancel the show now that its getting exciting!
Can we post now without the spoiler tags? lol
...and there's Davis Lee.:O

Peerzy
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&ref_id=32412&tid=74024&ref_type=101

"Surface," the E.T.-meets-Jaws drama that's part of the aliens-among-us trend on TV this fall, has earned a full-season order from NBC.

The series, about mysterious undersea creatures and their impact on a disparate group of people -- and, probably before it's all said and done, the world -- earned its pickup on the back of decent (though not spectacular ratings) that are inching up week by week. The show draws about 10 million viewers per episode.

"[Creators Josh and Jonas Pate] are pulling off a mini-movie each week with a big concept and big production values," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We're excited to see the audience continue to build."

In announcing the pickup, NBC says only that it's ordered "additional episodes" of the series. Just how many the network plans to air hasn't been determined yet, owing in part to pre-emptions that will take place early next year for the Winter Olympics.

"Surface," which stars Lake Bell ("Boston Legal") and Jay R. Ferguson ("Judging Amy"), has drawn a 3.3 rating among the adults 18-49 demographic NBC uses to measure success. That's been good for second in its Monday timeslot (excluding sports), slightly behind CBS comedies "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother." Its ratings, both overall and among adults 18-49, have improved in each of the past two weeks after dipping in the first episode after the series premiere.

"Surface" is the second new show, after "My Name Is Earl," that NBC has picked up for a full season. It's also the first of the season's three alien shows (ABC's "Invasion" and CBS' "Threshold" are the others) to earn a pickup.

There we go, after the next two episodes there will be a short break, maybe 2 months max for them to film the next shows and they will finish the season. They did it with Lost as there was a big game in the middle of season 1.

dodgy368
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Just watched it, great ep, really hope they do another series.:)

Hadn't seen your post Peerzy, fantastic news!

hippychick
01-24-2006, 11:07 PM

"Surface," the E.T.-meets-Jaws drama that's part of the aliens-among-us trend on TV this fall, has earned a full-season order from NBC.

The series, about mysterious undersea creatures and their impact on a disparate group of people -- and, probably before it's all said and done, the world -- earned its pickup on the back of decent (though not spectacular ratings) that are inching up week by week. The show draws about 10 million viewers per episode.

"[Creators Josh and Jonas Pate] are pulling off a mini-movie each week with a big concept and big production values," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We're excited to see the audience continue to build."

In announcing the pickup, NBC says only that it's ordered "additional episodes" of the series. Just how many the network plans to air hasn't been determined yet, owing in part to pre-emptions that will take place early next year for the Winter Olympics.

"Surface," which stars Lake Bell ("Boston Legal") and Jay R. Ferguson ("Judging Amy"), has drawn a 3.3 rating among the adults 18-49 demographic NBC uses to measure success. That's been good for second in its Monday timeslot (excluding sports), slightly behind CBS comedies "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother." Its ratings, both overall and among adults 18-49, have improved in each of the past two weeks after dipping in the first episode after the series premiere.

"Surface" is the second new show, after "My Name Is Earl," that NBC has picked up for a full season. It's also the first of the season's three alien shows (ABC's "Invasion" and CBS' "Threshold" are the others) to earn a pickup.

There we go, after the next two episodes there will be a short break, maybe 2 months max for them to film the next shows and they will finish the season. They did it with Lost as there was a big game in the middle of season 1.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!:w00t: Thank You Peerzy

Busyman
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!:w00t: Thank You Peerzy
Excellent news!

The best example of this is Prison Break. 9 more eps starting March 20.

I wish they said how many more episodes will be made of Surface. I guess we'll find out in Marchish.

hippychick
01-25-2006, 12:12 AM
ok can we now talk about lastnight episode without the spolier tags? lol
I wanna talk about...
What you think about the monkey girl? the lab they found her in? was the crater in the film a space craft where they got the DNA to experiment with? and the test subject was the bald guy that should be old? and will Miles rule the world with Nim? lol

Peerzy
01-25-2006, 01:13 AM
I've seen the episode HC so unless anyone hasn't should be alright.

Not sure about the monkey girl, when i first saw something crying like a little girl i thought it was going to be some kinda 'The Ring' creepy girl with no eyes or something.

I think the flower they found maybe was what 'The Firm' first made before they made Nim's and it somehow can contain age. Thats why the bald guy was searching for it so bad after they nicked it. He has it back now remember so it must mean/do something to him.

hippychick
01-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I've seen the episode HC so unless anyone hasn't should be alright.

Not sure about the monkey girl, when i first saw something crying like a little girl i thought it was going to be some kinda 'The Ring' creepy girl with no eyes or something.

I think the flower they found maybe was what 'The Firm' first made before they made Nim's and it somehow can contain age. Thats why the bald guy was searching for it so bad after they nicked it. He has it back now remember so it must mean/do something to him.

The monkey girl didnt make much sense, unless she was the first human clone gone bad. and whats with them leaving the lab deserted with her in it and alive? hmmm, wouldnt they be afraid she would get lose and expose them.

Maybe the bald guy has to use some kind of drug the plant makes to keep him young, I did notice that his gf was deaf, I wonder if that plays a role.

I'm thinking they didnt create the Nimmies but cloned them from extinct creatures. Thinking they could control, perhaps for warfare and it went bad for them.

despikable
01-25-2006, 03:11 AM
surface was great in the begininng not so much now

Busyman
01-25-2006, 04:03 AM
It's just the opposite.

hippychick
01-25-2006, 04:25 AM
It's just the opposite.
Agreed!
BM clean out ur pm box I have a movie pass for you.:D

Busyman
01-25-2006, 05:04 AM
It's just the opposite.
Agreed!
BM clean out ur pm box I have a movie pass for you.:D
Done and thanks yet again.

I wish you could see my basement set-up.

I have a laptop on a wireless connection on a coffee table usb connected to my printer/scanner/fax and a refrigerator on the side with microwave on top. It's like a bedroom..er...bedridden office. :lol: :lol:

I've been faxing or receiving faxes almost everyday (for work, info, and my timeshare).

hippychick
01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
New episode Tonite!

Episode 14" Episode #114.
Rich and Laura go to see Lee for answers, and Lee winds up learning more than he ever would have expected. :w00t: :w00t:

Busyman
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
New episode Tonite!

Episode 14" Episode #114.
Rich and Laura go to see Lee for answers, and Lee winds up learning more than he ever would have expected. :w00t: :w00t:
Last episode then hiatus.

hippychick
01-31-2006, 03:51 AM
OMG Peerzy you have to watch this episode...It was like the best yet!
Anyone else watch it tonight?
I think Rich went a little wacko, I feel sorry for Miles, Laura really looked scared when Lee was going to kill her,Nim is still cute as hell and what do you think they want to do with whatever there growing in the tanks?
Next week is the season Finale and it looks awesome

Busyman
01-31-2006, 04:33 AM
OMG Peerzy you have to watch this episode...It was like the best yet!
Anyone else watch it tonight?
I think Rich went a little wacko, I feel sorry for Miles, Laura really looked scared when Lee was going to kill her,Nim is still cute as hell and what do you think they want to do with whatever there growing in the tanks?
Next week is the season Finale and it looks awesome
Nah I'm just starting to watch 24. I'll watch Surface right after.

Just got finished watching The L Word. It's gotten better since ep 1.

Peerzy
02-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Just watched the latest episode. It was a really good one, quite a few things confused and a lot of things left hanging. Can't wait till next weeks episode.

Also did they ever find Jackson :huh:

Peerzy
02-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Bad News.

Read this: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|99871|1|,00.html

Season was shorter than usual because of Olympics and they will decide in May if they will do a second season :(

On a more positive note the last episode was amazing, got the best ratings of all of the Surface episodes so far and now people on some forums got hold of NBC's address and have been sending letters in the hundreds to get the show picked up.

hippychick
02-08-2006, 03:07 AM
I've been waiting for you to post peerzy...lol
Did you watch the season fanale yet?
I read something like that at the Surface NBC forums...They got a petition togather to save the show.
Alot of ppl are sick of the same ole same ole and Surface is a refreshing new series.
And I am so glad they are starting to show more of lil Nim...I want one...lol

Peerzy
02-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Yeah watched it 20minutes ago. It was great. Can't wait for the next season *crosses fingers*.

I like how they got Jackson back in the picture and i wanna see where those trains go to...

Busyman
02-08-2006, 03:38 AM
I've been waiting for you to post peerzy...lol
Did you watch the season fanale yet?
I read something like that at the Surface NBC forums...They got a petition togather to save the show.
Alot of ppl are sick of the same ole same ole and Surface is a refreshing new series.
And I am so glad they are starting to show more of lil Nim...I want one...lol
Funny how the show went from

Conspiracy Theory to
Monster Movie to
E.T. to
Resident Evil to
The Day After Tomorrow

in 13 episodes.

Things of note:

Is is just me or does the stupidity of the 2 main characters get on your nerves.
Also the girl going back for Miles.

Notice how Miles and them other two's storylines JUST started to intersect? In lead-outs it always shows all three on the beach.

Peerzy
02-08-2006, 03:42 AM
You forgot about Cats & Dogs. That crap movie that had like 10 minutes of action and the middle 2 hours was about a boy loving his Small tiny pet Godzilla that shocks people, eats humans and will one day grow to be over 200 feet long dog.

hippychick
02-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Hey now you two lol...Its a good series and you know it.
The two main characters have always buged me...I watch the show for Miles and Nim.
But yea dumb of Miles gf to go back for him...she doesnt know him all that well and she's just a kid, her dad should of been with her.
And I would like to see where the tunnel goes and see if Jackson is really alive or he has been cloned like Lee.
I dont think Nim will eat them...lol he will prolly protect them from the others.
Remember Nim kicks butt!

Busyman
02-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Hey now you two lol...Its a good series and you know it.
The two main characters have always buged me...I watch the show for Miles and Nim.
But yea dumb of Miles gf to go back for him...she doesnt know him all that well and she's just a kid, her dad should of been with her.
And I would like to see where the tunnel goes and see if Jackson is really alive or he has been cloned like Lee.
I dont think Nim will eat them...lol he will prolly protect them from the others.
Remember Nim kicks butt!
I never said the series wasn't good.:unsure:

I think they mix all those genres in nicely tbh. One certainly can't pigeon hole the pigeon hole show into any particular sci-fi.

hippychick
02-08-2006, 04:16 AM
I never said the series wasn't good.:unsure:

I think they mix all those genres in nicely tbh. One certainly can't pigeon hole the pigeon hole show into any particular sci-fi.
LOL I know i'm just messing with you two...:D
I think they did a good job also...I was wondering how they would pull off Miles meeting the other two. Though I thought it would be savanaha with Miles not his gf. Miles sister had a bigger role then his gf.:unsure:
BTW Busy have you checked ur pm? I sent you a crap load of free movie passes hehehe Have fun!

Peerzy
02-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Miles's sister is also far hawter than his girlfriend.

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Miles's sister is also far hawter than his girlfriend.
I would do 'em both :ph34r:
I agree the show is good. I hope they bring it back

hippychick
02-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Someone made a flash game with Nim lol too cute
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nimgame208ne.swf

hippychick
02-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Here are two petitions, to keep Surface on the air.
If you wanna check em out..I signed them, why not lol
http://new.petitiononline.com/surface/petition.html
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savenim

despikable
02-08-2006, 07:33 PM
meh this show is finally starting to pick up again.

silent h3ro
02-08-2006, 11:58 PM
wtf is this surface neways? I know it's not related to Scarface...

Peerzy
02-09-2006, 12:32 AM

What do you think it is? A fucking animal? Lets see now...

It's in the Movie/TV section.
Theres been countless talk every 7 days about a new 'episode'.
Theres been countless talk about the next 'season'.
Theres been links to TV.com
It's been compared to other 'TV Shows'.
Theres been quotes calling it 'NBC's Surface'.

Yeah, must be an animal.

Also well done, Scarface is an old movie, it must be quite hard to understand that just because both Scarface and Surface begin with the same letter they are not the same thing. You deserve a degree for figuring that out.

silent h3ro
02-09-2006, 02:50 AM

Yeah, must be an animal.

Also well done, Scarface is an old movie, it must be quite hard to understand that just because both Scarface and Surface begin with the same letter they are not the same thing. You deserve a degree for figuring that out.How about u fuck off u British piece of shit. I havn't been browsing the forums lately and I just saw that this thread was very popular. I wasn't being serious when I said it was related to Scarface. Once again another well thought out reply from perzy the Anti-American punk. Oh and I think u deserve a degree to being the most useless piece of shit I ever encountered in my life.

Peerzy
02-09-2006, 04:18 AM

Yeah, must be an animal.

Also well done, Scarface is an old movie, it must be quite hard to understand that just because both Scarface and Surface begin with the same letter they are not the same thing. You deserve a degree for figuring that out.How about u fuck off u British piece of shit. I havn't been browsing the forums lately and I just saw that this thread was very popular. I wasn't being serious when I said it was related to Scarface. Once again another well thought out reply from perzy the Anti-American punk. Oh and I think u deserve a degree to being the most useless piece of shit I ever encountered in my life.

For Normal People

1) Please learn English.
2) Attacking someone because they don't like a country and then insulting them because of there country, nice one;)
3) Well if you saw this thread was popular then *shock horror* you could have read it, clicked the links, understoof what the program is, however it's far easier to spend time making a post, waiting for someone to do it for you.
4) I wouldn't put it past you to think this was related to Scarface. Also when people 'joke' they usually add an element of sarcasm or some kinda sign to indicate they are 'joking'.
5) It's Peerzy, a whole extra key-stroke, oh noez da hora of pushin mor kyz!!1
6) Where has i, in anyway mentioned American, made Anti-American statements or done anything likewise in this thread? Infact for the most part i've been discussing the show with an American who has totally different views to me but in a peaceful manor.
7) Go back to High School, little child.

For G3yG1rl

1) PLZ LEARN ENGLISH
2)1!!!!11 OMG WTF ATAKNG SOM3ON3 B/C THEY DONT LIEK A COUNTRY AND TH3N INSULTNG THEM B/C OF THEYRE COUNTRY NIEC ONE)
3) W3L IF U SAW THIS THR3AD WAS POPULAR THEN *SHOK HOROR* U CUD HAEV READ IT CLIKAD TEH LINKS UND3RS2F WT PROGRM IS HOW3VAR ITS FAR 3ASEIR 2 SP3ND TIEM MAKNG A POST WATENG FOR SOM3ONE 2 DO IT FOR U!1!11 OMG WTF LOL I WUDNT PUT IT PAST U 2 THINK THIS WAS RELAETD 2 SCARFAEC!!!1!11! ALSO WH3N PAOPLE JOKE THEY USUALY AD AN ALEM3NT OF SARCASM OR SOME KINDA SIGN 2 INDICAET TH3Y R JOKNG
5)!11111! LOL ITS P33RZY A WHOLE EXTRA K3Y-STROK3 O NOEZ DA HORA OF PUSHIN MOR KYZ!1
6)!!11!!!111!!1 OMG WH3R3 HAS I IN ANYWAY MENTION3D MERICAN MAED ANTI-MERICAN STAETM3NTS OR DON3 ANYTHNG LIEKWIES IN THIS THRAAD?!!?!!? OMG WTF INFACT FOR DA MOST PART IVE B3N DISCUSNG TEH SHOW WIT AN MERICAN WHO HAS 2TALY DIF3R3NT VEIWS 2 ME BUT IN A PAAECFUL MANOR
7)111!!1! OMG LOL GO BAK 2 HIGH SKOOL LITL3 CHILD1!1!!! OMG

silent h3ro
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
How about u fuck off u British piece of shit. I havn't been browsing the forums lately and I just saw that this thread was very popular. I wasn't being serious when I said it was related to Scarface. Once again another well thought out reply from perzy the Anti-American punk. Oh and I think u deserve a degree to being the most useless piece of shit I ever encountered in my life.

For Normal People

1) Please learn English.
2) Attacking someone because they don't like a country and then insulting them because of there country, nice one;)
3) Well if you saw this thread was popular then *shock horror* you could have read it, clicked the links, understoof what the program is, however it's far easier to spend time making a post, waiting for someone to do it for you.
4) I wouldn't put it past you to think this was related to Scarface. Also when people 'joke' they usually add an element of sarcasm or some kinda sign to indicate they are 'joking'.
6) Where has i, in anyway mentioned American, made Anti-American statements or done anything likewise in this thread? Infact for the most part i've been discussing the show with an American who has totally different views to me but in a peaceful manor.

For G3yG1rl

1) PLZ LEARN ENGLISH
2)1!!!!11 OMG WTF ATAKNG SOM3ON3 B/C THEY DONT LIEK A COUNTRY AND TH3N INSULTNG THEM B/C OF THEYRE COUNTRY NIEC ONE)
3) W3L IF U SAW THIS THR3AD WAS POPULAR THEN *SHOK HOROR* U CUD HAEV READ IT CLIKAD TEH LINKS UND3RS2F WT PROGRM IS HOW3VAR ITS FAR 3ASEIR 2 SP3ND TIEM MAKNG A POST WATENG FOR SOM3ONE 2 DO IT FOR U!1!11 OMG WTF LOL I WUDNT PUT IT PAST U 2 THINK THIS WAS RELAETD 2 SCARFAEC!!!1!11! ALSO WH3N PAOPLE JOKE THEY USUALY AD AN ALEM3NT OF SARCASM OR SOME KINDA SIGN 2 INDICAET TH3Y R JOKNG
5)!11111! LOL ITS P33RZY A WHOLE EXTRA K3Y-STROK3 O NOEZ DA HORA OF PUSHIN MOR KYZ!1
6)!!11!!!111!!1 OMG WH3R3 HAS I IN ANYWAY MENTION3D MERICAN MAED ANTI-MERICAN STAETM3NTS OR DON3 ANYTHNG LIEKWIES IN THIS THRAAD?!!?!!? OMG WTF INFACT FOR DA MOST PART IVE B3N DISCUSNG TEH SHOW WIT AN MERICAN WHO HAS 2TALY DIF3R3NT VEIWS 2 ME BUT IN A PAAECFUL MANOR
1.) Show me how my English was incorrect besides typing u instead of you...
2.) I wasn't insulting your country, I was insulting you.
3.) I don't feel like to spending 15 minutes reading a useless thread about 8 pages in my spare time. You said:

Wtf? Underwater thingys? Are you 6 years old?
4.) Not everyone is as 'smart' as you and everyone doesn't add sarcasm like you said. I don't take 10 mins to look over a post that is 2-3 sentances long.
5.) Ok, so I missed a key and spelled your name wrong by one letter, somebody shoot me....
6.) Maybe not in this thread you posted Anti-American statements but you have stereotized "us" in this forum. I recall you referring to "us" as lazy. Also all because you make a thread about an American show you like it doesn't mean all the sudden you love America(ns).
7.) I'm still in High School, genious, and I plan on going to college.

Fuck off Peerzy and get a life for God sakes.

suprafreak6
02-09-2006, 11:18 PM
peerzy, you should just answer his question. No need to be mean...

Peerzy
02-10-2006, 11:23 PM
For Normal People

1) Please learn English.

For G3yG1rl

1) PLZ LEARN ENGLISH
3.) I don't feel like to spending 15 minutes reading a useless thread about 8 pages in my spare time. You said:

4.) Not everyone is as 'smart' as you and everyone doesn't add sarcasm like you said. I don't take 10 mins to look over a post that is 2-3 sentances long.
5.) Ok, so I missed a key and spelled your name wrong by one letter, somebody shoot me....
6.) Maybe not in this thread you posted Anti-American statements but you have stereotized "us" in this forum. I recall you referring to "us" as lazy. Also all because you make a thread about an American show you like it doesn't mean all the sudden you love America(ns).

1) Show me where it's not wrong:blink:
2)

How about u fuck off u British piece of shit

Implying being British was bad.

3) When i started this thread i had seen the last 25 minutes of the first episode and at that point they had seen some kinda underwater monster thing. Hench why i couldn't explain what the series was about. Reading the thread would take less than 10 minutes and you could figure out what it was about just by going 1 of the following

- Googling
- TV.com
- Reading the first page
- Official Website

All would have taken less than 2 or 3 minutes.

4) How retarded are you if it takes you 10 minutes to read 3 lines:huh:
5) Gladly.
6)

I recall you referring to "us" as lazy.

Can't say i've ever said that before but showing you couldn't spend 5 minutes reading a thread or typing 1 word in to google i think you've proved your own point that you as a person are lazy.

7) You know you have to read stuff for more than 10 minutes to get into college.

It takes a lot longer to post a question? Wait for an answer and read the answer than just spending 10 minutes of your ever so precious time to *shock horror* read.

silent h3ro
02-11-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm not going to waste my time replying to ur useless posts. Just don't say useless shit to me.

Busyman
02-11-2006, 02:49 AM

2)

3) When i started this thread i had seen the last 25 minutes of the first episode and at that point they had seen some kinda underwater monster thing. Hench why i couldn't explain what the series was about. Reading the thread would take less than 10 minutes and you could figure out what it was about just by going 1 of the following

- Googling
- TV.com
- Reading the first page
- Official Website

5) Gladly.
6)

Can't say i've ever said that before but showing you couldn't spend 5 minutes reading a thread or typing 1 word in to google i think you've proved your own point that you as a person are lazy.

7) You know you have to read stuff for more than 10 minutes to get into college.

It takes a lot longer to post a question? Wait for an answer and read the answer than just spending 10 minutes of your ever so precious time to *shock horror* read.
Gam3guy was wrong for saying "British".

However, you could've googled Surface and found out what it was about.
Being a smart ass doesn't make you smart.

Peerzy
02-11-2006, 10:54 PM

2)

- Googling
- TV.com
- Reading the first page
- Official Website

5) Gladly.
6)

No, but the way he said it was in a bad way. As if me calling you a stupid american, using your nationality as an insult.

Anyone lets just leave it for now.

Busyman
02-11-2006, 11:35 PM
2)

- Googling
- TV.com
- Reading the first page
- Official Website

5) Gladly.
6)

No, but the way he said it was in a bad way. As if me calling you a stupid american, using your nationality as an insult.

Anyone lets just leave it for now.
You have in the past but not in this thread.

To get technical (like you do) he insulted you by calling you a piece of shit. If you thought being called British was an insult that's on you.

Peerzy logic.:dry:

Peerzy
02-12-2006, 12:57 AM
You have in the past but not in this thread.

To get technical (like you do) he insulted you by calling you a piece of shit. If you thought being called British was an insult that's on you.

Peerzy logic.:dry:

American:dry:

:P