PDA

View Full Version : Thar she blows

Gripper
01-20-2006, 05:09 PM
a 7 ton bottle nosed whale has swam up the thames and is now stuck in central London,police say it is looking for a whaleway station.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4631396.stm

Barbarossa
01-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I pity you sometimes, I really do. :dabs:

manker
01-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Proof positive that whales aren't intelligent after all.

SGG ought to pop down with her japtrannytastic band friends and harpoon it for sport.

Gripper
01-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Que??? :dabs:

Cheese
01-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Onlookers are reported to be having a whale of a time.

Gripper
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Whale oil beef hooked....say it out loud to yourself multiple times

DorisInsinuate
01-20-2006, 05:31 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41238000/gif/_41238958_bottle_nose_whale_416.gif

Her face is so photoshopped :dry:

Barbarossa
01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Jon Snow tells it like it is :shifty:

http://www.channel4.com/news/snowmail/

Fears for Thames whale
==================

This is a day when television simply cannot resist a sensational picture story. For the first time since records began in 1913, a whale has found its way all the way up the Thames past the House of Commons to the salubrious wastes of Chelsea. It’s a northern bottlenose whale. My amateur observations suggest that its size and lack of barnacles render it a relatively young whale -- this is added to the theory that its mother is somewhere off Southend.

English waters are generally too shallow for whales and they are effectively never seen in such close proximity in domestic life. It has been flapping around in shallow waters for the last six hours and one’s sense is that it will not survive.

A rescue effort is underway but I am afraid the chainsaw and the funeral pyre are not far away. Even as I write that there are people in this newsroom tut-tutting at my pessimism; little do they do now know what an expert I am as I go every year whale watching in Cape Cod.

:lol: :lol:

Gripper
01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
We'll get Dave to lug some chips down there in anticipation of a huge fish suppper

manker
01-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Jon Snow tells it like it is :shifty:

http://www.channel4.com/news/snowmail/

Fears for Thames whale
==================

This is a day when television simply cannot resist a sensational picture story. For the first time since records began in 1913, a whale has found its way all the way up the Thames past the House of Commons to the salubrious wastes of Chelsea. It’s a northern bottlenose whale. My amateur observations suggest that its size and lack of barnacles render it a relatively young whale -- this is added to the theory that its mother is somewhere off Southend.

English waters are generally too shallow for whales and they are effectively never seen in such close proximity in domestic life. It has been flapping around in shallow waters for the last six hours and one’s sense is that it will not survive.

A rescue effort is underway but I am afraid the chainsaw and the funeral pyre are not far away. Even as I write that there are people in this newsroom tut-tutting at my pessimism; little do they do now know what an expert I am as I go every year whale watching in Cape Cod.

:lol: :lol:What a pneub. Whale watching in Cape Cod, my arse.

Bottlenose whales don't grow much bigger than that one is now.

Jon Snow < Radio 5.

Lilmiss
01-20-2006, 11:00 PM
i watch John Snow for visual entertainment only.
his hoorish neckwear keeps me amused. :unsure:

Buffalo
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Just on the BBC News,
They just shot the whale as it was gettin close to the houses of parliament, reports say it could have been a terrorist attack.
A repoter said it was not a Submarine after all as it was making horrible noises when the gun shots where hitting it.

Gripper
01-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Just on the BBC News,
They just shot the whale as it was gettin close to the houses of parliament, reports say it could have been a terrorist attack.
A repoter said it was not a Submarine after all as it was making horrible noises when the gun shots where hitting it.
Typical feckin fisherman,bet you was on your way down thar wit your harpoon Ahab:dry:

Buffalo
01-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Towards thee I roll,
thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Sheringham Fishermen are not like this!

DorisInsinuate
01-21-2006, 02:08 AM
A fish in a river is surely front page news.

hobbes
01-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Proof positive that whales aren't intelligent after all.

SGG ought to pop down with her japtrannytastic band friends and harpoon it for sport.

I just heard on Fox news that the whale is now wearing a pair of lacy black panties and there are reports of multiple piercings.

Buffalo
01-21-2006, 02:35 AM
I'm going to Lol on this one!

well funny!

Gripper
01-21-2006, 08:53 AM
It's no a fish,it am a mammal:P

DorisInsinuate
01-21-2006, 09:49 AM
It's no a fish,it am a mammal:P
:rod: :dry:

Buffalo
01-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Manimal?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3712178515303087869

They may have to blow it up like this old movie!
Hope I can make the trip to London if they do