PDA

View Full Version : uxtheme.dll error!!!

maebach
01-20-2006, 11:08 PM
I turned on the pc and went to the washroom, it always takes about 5mins to start-up. When I come back, it shows an error:

userinit.exe unable to locate Component.

This application has failed to start because uxtheme.dll was not found. Re-install ing the application may fix this problem.

and then when I clicked ok this came up:

explorer.exe unable to locate Component.

This application has failed to start because uxtheme.dll was not found. Re-install ing the application may fix this problem.

When I go to safe mode, I get

lsass.exe unable to locate Component.

and:

services.exe unable to locate Component.

what should I do? Should I reformat? right now I'm in safe mode using the administrator account, the background is black and I open programs with taskmgr>file>newtask/run>browse/find a file and open.

There was a patch I found but I dont know how to install it. And people who have had problems with this on forums, need help, I found one guy who copied the patch into C:>windows>system32 and it worked.

any way to get out?

maebach
01-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Im dling the xpize theme, if it works then I'll use that for a while, until I can get a permanent patch and go back to using normal xp visual styles.

maebach
01-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I've decided to reformat :(

peat moss
01-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I've decided to reformat :(

It is a whole lot easier sometimes is it not ? :(

maebach
01-21-2006, 04:19 AM
yes. I finished reformatting and installing all drivers. And I just remembered I forgot to back-up an important pdf file :(

Skiz
01-21-2006, 04:27 AM
Sounds like a virus for sure.

http://castlecops.com/t141563-How_do_I_recover_after_loosing_OLE32_DLL.html

maebach
01-21-2006, 03:13 PM
aybody know where the options are so that I dont get logged off after 10 mins of inactivity, I forgot.

Izagaia
01-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Control Panel> Appearance and Themes> Screensavers

Select "none" in the dropdown box and make certain that the "password protect" on resume option is unchecked.

If this fails to clear the problem, you will have to go through the appropriate function within the administrative tools area.

maebach
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
thanks.

maebach
01-21-2006, 04:45 PM
for some reason, there's files on my 2nd hdd (didnt reformat) that are corrupt. I backed up my dvd gladiator onto the hdd with dvddecrypter and now its unaccessible because its corrupt :huh: I went to properties and its uppose to be 7.2 gb but it says 0bytes. There's a few movies that are fused together too :huh:.

the folder where I keep my songs from ares is 'corrupt' too. It was working yesterday. :huh: :cry:

there was a little balloon that said run chkdsk utility, run>chkdsk? if I restart my pc while chkdsk come up?

help :( :cry:

maebach
01-21-2006, 05:18 PM
I restarted my pc and chkdsk came up and it said

'recovering orphaned file . . . ' (. . .=all teh songs and gladiator backup)

is there any way that I can prevent this from happening again? it scared the shit outta me to see that all my songs and backup was deleted.

maebach
01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
I had nero before with nerovision, and it let me convert avi files right into dvd files. now, when I try to convert them (23 frames/second) there's an error saying it cant do it. why? :( I'm sure its the same application and version, could it be that before me reformat I had some kind of codec installed?

Izagaia
01-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Download and install the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack Full. Use either the "default" or the "lots of stuff" package options during the install. This will allow for the playback of almost every file you encounter on the web and also to allow you to encode audio/video files using the most common codecs.

So far as basic converting, I would go with WinAVI or WinMPG. I myself, prefer to use the latter.

maebach
01-27-2006, 10:00 PM
my gladiator movie backup and songs got deleted again!

does anybody have an answer? this message came up to run chkdsk, so I did and it said there were erors. :(

doesn anybody know what I can do to stop this from happenning again?

Izagaia
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM
You obviously have more going on than perhaps you or eveyone else might even be aware of. At this point, I would suggest backing up what you can then reformatting/re-installing. As you are doing this, keep track what it is you are installing and the settings you make. Try to disertain what it is giving you grief as you do this by process of elimination. I am just afriad that there is no "easy answer" at this point.

maebach
01-28-2006, 01:48 PM
NOOOOOOOO, I dont wanna reformat. :( :cry:

I'll back-up my stuff and maybe next week I'll do it :(.

I forgot to say that all the corrupt files (that go missing) are on my slave drive. When I reformatted I didnt reformat my slave/2nd hdd. SO did the reformat afffect the 2nd hdd?