PDA

View Full Version : Newegg And It's Return

suprafreak6
01-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Okay as some of you may know my, 6600 GT failed after about one month, so i was checking if newegg would RMA it even if its after one month, i filled out the rma request on the website for the item. I got this once done
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5264/untitled0qm.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
does this mean if i send it to the address they gave me (not shown) that they will send me another one, and if i dont do this within 14 days they will just cancel my rma request?, sorry im new with newegg. would appreciate if someone could explain a bit from expieriences

Skiz
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
No. It's a return. You'll need to purchase another.

Darth Sushi
01-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Also, make sure you write the RMA number on the box.

suprafreak6
01-21-2006, 11:38 PM
why would it say replacement then? thats what makes me confused, because if it was a return it would say refund

fkdup74
01-22-2006, 12:51 AM
why would it say replacement then? thats what makes me confused, because if it was a return it would say refund

pay no attention to skizo
he is, after all, from Texas :sick:

the RMA was approved, you are good to go
send the damned card back, you will recieve another

my advice, when you get the card back....sell it...6600GT sux bawlz
matter of fact....you want mine? :lol:

-edit- my card, not my bawlz....

suprafreak6
01-22-2006, 01:24 AM
sure! can i have it? for free? :lol:
so i can send it right? i would also think he is wrong, because if it was a return it would say refund, also i think i read on the site it said no returns after 30 days and it has been like 37 or some garbage thanks fkdup74, anyone else agree with me and him?

lynx
01-22-2006, 02:23 AM
They've agreed your rma. That's all you need to know. Apparently you've got 14 days
Make certain they receive it within 14 days to avoid any possible misunderstanding

harrycary
01-22-2006, 06:01 AM
For the record, a warranty on a video card(et al) is covered by the manufacturer and not the vendor who sold it to you.

A vendor is just trying to please their customers by taking your defective video card back. They are not obligated in any way, shape, or form to do so. (at least here in the U.S.)

So, everyone should consider themselves lucky when a vendor does allow returns of defective merchandise.

The proper way would be to deal directly with the manufacturer and follow their procedure for repair or replacement.

But, I must admit, NewEgg is one of the best companies regarding the way they choose to deal with defective merchandise.

(worked for 7 years in the consumer electronics repair business)

my .02¢

mr. nails
01-22-2006, 06:09 AM
when u rma ANYTHING on newegg it's computer will AUTO approve it. so, rma anything and send it. from there they will contact u via email and let u know what they are gonna do.

suprafreak6
01-22-2006, 03:54 PM
i did recieve an email and it said to print it out and send it along with my pakage

Skiz
01-22-2006, 07:18 PM

Well in my past two experiences with Neweggs RMA program, it is a standard refund. :dry:

fkdup74
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM

Well in my past two experiences with Neweggs RMA program, it is a standard refund. :dry:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5264/untitled0qm.jpg

RMA type = replacement
they do still teach reading in Texas don't they? :P

Skiz
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
owned.

suprafreak6
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
definatly haha