PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to save your settings in newsleecher to a disk like a floppy or cd??

webe123
01-21-2006, 09:12 PM
OK, this is what I want to do. I have a newshosting premium account with unlimited access and I am using Newsleecher client version 3.0 final to get my files. I paid for a one year subscription with super search.

The problem I keep having with the client...is that anytime I upgrade to another version...or I reformat my computers hard drive...or newsleecher just goes banannas.....I keep LOSING the SETTINGS for a particular server that I have created in newsleecher under the Usenet Mgr. tab.

For example, if I join a group and download a lot of files, newsleecher keeps up with what files I have downloaded, what groups I have joined,etc.

But when I have something happen to my computer and newsleecher becomes corrupted in some way, then I usually have to join all the groups I had all over again and remember what files I had downloaded before from which group, because newsleecher only keeps stored what settings you have on a certian server. But if that server becomes corrupted or unuseable and you have to delete it and create a NEW server...then all of my old info is LOST!

What I need to know...is if there is ANY way to backup to a disk, all the information newsleecher remembers about a particular server...including the port you used, the address, the groups you belong to and the files you have already downloaded? If anyone knows the answer to this, PLEASE POST! I am new to newsgroups, but there must be some way to backup the settings of a server you use in newsleecher. That way, if something happens to your computer...you can restore those settings easily.

Anyone know how I do this? It is VERY ANNOYING having to re-create a server and pick out groups to subscribe to and the settings it had just because your computer is acting up!

RealitY
01-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Im not sure on this but you could try just raring the nl folder in programs and then after you reinstll just replace all the file with that. If its an upgrade and you want to do this Im guessing you would do the same but dont replace the exe file. I used to do this with my eMule folder and it seemed to work fine although I cant say if it will for sure. Also I would think theres specific config type file in there if you didnt want to rar the entire folder but Ive never looked into it. Other than that I dont know where the config would be saved although the reg might be a slim possibility but dont know...

webe123
01-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Im not sure on this but you could try just raring the nl folder in programs and then after you reinstll just replace all the file with that. If its an upgrade and you want to do this Im guessing you would do the same but dont replace the exe file. I used to do this with my eMule folder and it seemed to work fine although I cant say if it will for sure. Also I would think theres specific config type file in there if you didnt want to rar the entire folder but Ive never looked into it. Other than that I dont know where the config would be saved although the reg might be a slim possibility but dont know...

Thanks! I will try that!